Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,418 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' (33232 Views)

Going To Court Over Buhari's Certificate Is A Waste Of Time – Garba Shehu / Buhari’s Certificate Saga A Dead Issue, Only Idle People Consider It - Adesina / Dele Momodu Speaks On Buhari's Certificate (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by spafu(m): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2018
ok
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Lilimax(f): 8:35am On Oct 29, 2018
Show your certificate or resign period!
Is this so difficult

4 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by gare(f): 8:37am On Oct 29, 2018
Shayetet13:

Listen carefully: My uncle, a world renowned surgeon was working with John hopkins in the United States. When he decided he wanted to come back to Nigeria to work, National Hospital Abuja accepted his application immediately, but by the time he came down to Nigeria, he was required to submit his basic qualifying certificates. He was even required to submit his MBBS despite having several post graduate degrees in surgery and recommendations from john hopkins. Nigeria president is the biggest job in Nigeria, not something you joke with like all of you are currently doing. Buhari ought to submit that minimum qualification even if he got courses under his belt. That general is saying rubbish. If you must show your certificate for any job in Nigeria, it applies to the president. You guys are just killing principles in the country with your dishonesty, but you do not know it

Very On Point, they are setting a bad precedence in the country, if i can be asked to present my Certificates at Interviews and for HR file, why cant the President do so, write to the army to give you a copy of his certificate, who made this general PMB's lawyer? Is he among the 25 lawyers hired initially. The Army should come out and speak if they have the certificate or not, a document should have being signed that all certified original copies of his credentials are with them.

5 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by hagisolo: 8:38am On Oct 29, 2018
the military should be a shame that they cant keep proper record if any, even the case of 60s those with qualification still have their credential. if d army take d original copy what about the photocopies, abi they was no photocopier or duplicating paper . u pple shd stop playing politics with everything jare#qed

5 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Praktikals(m): 8:40am On Oct 29, 2018
simplycarro:
Even their newly recruited chief wailer OBJ will never say such thing that PMB have no WASC
You are right sir. I once watched a video on youtube where Obasanjo exonerated him on this certificate issue. Internet ipob kids think its moimoi to rise to the level of a General. IPOB head is like this

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by sekembaakesan(m): 8:40am On Oct 29, 2018
obedugo:
all this people above me are enemies of the state Atikulation issa goal

When a tribe is cursed, no amount of good things come to them, they will never reason to appreciate it.

Ipob are cursed!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by agabusta: 8:41am On Oct 29, 2018
Shayetet13:

Listen carefully: My uncle, a world renowned surgeon was working with John hopkins in the United States. When he decided he wanted to come back to Nigeria to work, National Hospital Abuja accepted his application immediately, but by the time he came down to Nigeria, he was required to submit his basic qualifying certificates. He was even required to submit his MBBS despite having several post graduate degrees in surgery and recommendations from john hopkins. Nigeria president is the biggest job in Nigeria, not something you joke with like all of you are currently doing. Buhari ought to submit that minimum qualification even if he got courses under his belt. That general is saying rubbish. If you must show your certificate for any job in Nigeria, it applies to the president. You guys are just killing principles in the country with your dishonesty, but you do not know it

All this your story does not disprove what the retired General said.

The man said all military personnel are required to lodge their original certificates with the military.

How does that relate to other establishments asking just to sight them?

Major Al Mustapha has equally come out to say his originals were also collected by the Army. Do you have a contrary opinion to this?

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by holuphisayor(m): 8:43am On Oct 29, 2018
Adeosun lost her job not because she didn't have a degree but because a requirement for being employed in Nigeria was forged.

Telling us that buhari went outside the country to get a certificate is just a shame. Tell him to tender his waec we want to see it. Even if he failed all his subjects. shocked

2 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by VolvoS60(m): 8:44am On Oct 29, 2018
kevoh:
I am confused undecided . Which one of them exactly is the insult? That Nigerian millitary despite all it's resources can not do proper archiving of non-existent documents or Nigerians demanding for the certificate of a supposed presidential candidate? undecided

^^^
+100

2 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Racoon(m): 8:44am On Oct 29, 2018
Shayetet13:

Listen carefully: My uncle, a world renowned surgeon was working with John hopkins in the United States. When he decided he wanted to come back to Nigeria to work.

National Hospital Abuja accepted his application immediately, but by the time he came down to Nigeria, he was required to submit his basic qualifying certificates.He was even required to submit his MBBS despite having several post graduate degrees in surgery and recommendations from john hopkins.

Nigeria president is the biggest job in Nigeria, not something you joke with like all of you are currently doing.Buhari ought to submit that minimum qualification even if he got courses under his belt.

That general is saying rubbish. If you must show your certificate for any job in Nigeria, it applies to the president. You guys are just killing principles in the country with your dishonesty, but you do not know it
My brother pls leave all the these kind of fellas.Reasoning with them is a waste of time because of their warped mindset.

3 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by davillian(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2018
Mr Man provide your certificate its part of the job requirement.

1 Like

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by sekembaakesan(m): 8:45am On Oct 29, 2018
Lilimax:
Show your certificate or resign period! Is this so difficult

Your toto go sweet die!

Baby let's try dating. Leave all these nairaland wàhálà, we need to meet Biko.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by technuel: 8:45am On Oct 29, 2018
Buhari thank you very much for setting the pace
I can Noe look for a Job in NNPC with an Afidavid.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by yanabasee(m): 8:46am On Oct 29, 2018
Hedonini:
Nonsense. With my Bsc and MSc, why am I required to submit copies of my WAEC during a job application? Why am I required to present my WAEC for 'sighting' during screening? Is that not an "insult"? Why should anyone doubt that I have WAEC given my superior bachelor's and Master's degrees?

If I can bear that so-called insult, then who the hell is the bastard Buhari and why should he feel so entitled? This old bastard must present his WAEC like the rest of us do when seeking jobs and appointments. If he can't, then the presidency is not his birthright. He doesn't have to contest for that position.

Disgusting fools.

If you can tender your M.Sc and B.Sc on a request.... You should be able to tender your WAEC if requested.....

When I was in school, a lecturer challenge students and cited his WAEC centre and exams number of may years ago when some students were unable to state theirs..

There is no excuse for failure.....

3 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by mechanics(m): 8:47am On Oct 29, 2018
Case close.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by HomeOfMe(f): 8:48am On Oct 29, 2018
miqos02:
The former Chief of staff, Lt. General Ipoola Alani Akinrinade, Sunday, slammed those criticizing President Muhammadu Buhari over his statement that his West African School Certificate Examination certificate, WACE, was with the Nigerian Army.

In a statement disclosed by Mr President’s special adviser on Media and Publicity, Femi Adesina, the former Chief of Defence Staff insisted that Buhari has a certificate.

Angered at the spate at which Nigerians lambast Buhari over his certificate, Akinrinade blamed the Nigeria’s recording system. His words, “How many years ago ?… 50 years. And Nigeria with our (poor) record keeping and filing things into an archive. If we have an archive at all; an archive inhabited by rats and cockroaches. I think it’s an insult”.

However, clearing the air he said that the certificate saga was an insult to the Nigerian Army, noting that the time Buhari joined the Armed forces ‘there were no cutting corners’.

Read the full statement below:

“… The most annoying one is the case about (Muhammadu) Buhari not having a Certificate.

It is an insult to the Armed Forces, a terrible insult to the Armed Forces.

If they are so embedded in the system and they have lost their souls, then they can go ahead and join everybody else in castigating a General of Buhari’s calibre.

They are now talking about a School Certificate.

By the time he joined the Army in those days, there were no cutting corners.

It is later when these same Civilians took over from the Army that admission into it became less transparent.

I can give you an instance.

There was Course Five around 1964: if one did not have a School Certificate, one couldn’t apply to join the Army.

And I know up to 1963 when the last General Officer Commanding left Nigeria, there were no corners to be cut.

There was no such thing. Everything was on merit.

And that was how it was till Buhari’s time.

Buhari attended the Mons (Officer Cadet School in Aldershot in England) and the Staff College.

I don’t want to think they have an idea what they teach in those places.

And the rest of us pretend as if we don’t know what they do there.

You send a man to America for one and a half years in a Military School.

Do they think he just went there to learn how to fire a rifle ?

No.

As I speak to you, I don’t know where my original Certificate is because we gave the original to the Military Board.

They took it from us when we applied to join the Army.

You give the original copy of credentials to the Board.

They take it and keep it in your file, that’s what happened.

How many years ago ?… 50 years.

And Nigeria with our (poor) record keeping and filing things into an archive. If we have an archive at all; an archive inhabited by rats and cockroaches. I think it’s an insult.

I take it as a personal insult”

– Gen Alani Akinrinade.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/buharis-certificate-saga-its-an-insult-to-the-armed-forces-gen-alani-akinrinade/amp/

Speaking of archives..,Buhari was the head of state in the mid-80s,I'm not sure. Why didn't he ensure that very important documents such as that were properly kept. Secondly,I read an article last night,can't remember the site,the army saying that the president got into the army by recommendation,and not with any certificate. But when you want to get a job with nnpc,they ask for a PhD,and also request a 25 year old applicant for a 30year work experience.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by SpaceTour: 8:48am On Oct 29, 2018
All these jargons. Just provide the WAEC certificate and save everyone from the long grammar cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by adanny01(m): 8:49am On Oct 29, 2018
Shayetet13:

Listen carefully: My uncle, a world renowned surgeon was working with John hopkins in the United States. When he decided he wanted to come back to Nigeria to work, National Hospital Abuja accepted his application immediately, but by the time he came down to Nigeria, he was required to submit his basic qualifying certificates. He was even required to submit his MBBS despite having several post graduate degrees in surgery and recommendations from john hopkins. Nigeria president is the biggest job in Nigeria, not something you joke with like all of you are currently doing. Buhari ought to submit that minimum qualification even if he got courses under his belt. [b]That general is saying rubbish. [/b]If you must show your certificate for any job in Nigeria, it applies to the president. You guys are just killing principles in the country with your dishonesty, but you do not know it

A man has a choice to believe what he wants to believe whether logical or not.

My father's BA cert was in a file he kept in his room, one time he needed it for something ans moved the file to another house where he worked. That house was infested with termites and 6 months later half of the cert was gone to the termites. Right nów, my father doesnot have his BA cert.

If my father goes for elective position today, would you say my father never had a BA degree or must produce it else he doesnt have it?

The army has the principle of collecting original certificates of their intake. How are you sure the military returned the collected cert to Buhari when such can be lost for different reasons.

The political interference that cause the army to say something and withdraw it will tell you this is just a political propaganda.

It irkes me to see the kind of gullibility alot of educated folks exhibit especially for this PDP propaganda.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by harbeebtech(m): 8:49am On Oct 29, 2018
Propaganda will not fly this time, this is not 2015.

Buhari is going back to Daura.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by kanayo76: 8:50am On Oct 29, 2018
seunmsg:
It is only a foolish person that would think a retired general that attended some of the best military training schools around the world is an illiterate and not qualified to contest.

Lalasticlala, this should be on front page.
Forgery has been in their system from the day Nigeria was created
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by VolvoS60(m): 8:51am On Oct 29, 2018
undecided

Very strange comments by Mr. Akinrinnade. . And as is their custom, he had to drag civilians into a matter that civilians have no hand in. According to this man, the records were collected by the Army and the records have now disappeared. Just like a ship carrying tens of thousands of illegally bunkered fuel disappeared from the custody of the navy some years ago. undecided So where do civilians come into this matter?

Leave civilians out of your rubbish Sir.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by simplycarro: 8:52am On Oct 29, 2018
Effibecky:

Your foolishness is lengendary, your stupidity is unrivaled, your gullibility is unequaled and your daftness is second to non for calling Obj ‘ a newly-recruited wailer’. Even your god (Buhari) can never call him wailer.

Are you done?

Mynd44 please attend to this dude

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:54am On Oct 29, 2018
PMB... should stop involving the military in this shit game.. Does his not have photo copies.. he has rubbish the military with this.. The Blame game approach everything go to the military Headquarters. It either he has or he does not have Or he would have kept mute since he has skeletons in his cupboard.We all know things have changed from the 60s to this present day but PMB is to be blamed for this because other Presidents from President Yarauda if i got the spelling to Goodluck he spoke so ill of them forgetting his time will come. PMB should face what his words has caused.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by SirChime(m): 8:56am On Oct 29, 2018
IrokoOluwere:

Honestly!
How can you say a whole GENERAL has no certificate?
A whole fuckin_ GENERAL
When I read comments like this one up here I wonder how you reason . OBJ can show his and inec rule said you must present your credentials to the officials before being qualified. Can I ask ,that you were popular in school qualify you a job without presenting your credentials ? This is evil . Many their certificates got burned can't get a job but someone in same country is a president without certificates. Shame .

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Omooniya1: 8:56am On Oct 29, 2018
RatedStar:
If the Nigerian Army are with his certificate, and PMB now the boss of said army, why can’t they come out to clear the whole issue up ones and for all?

Is still d same you that will castigate him and said dey force dem to speak under duress
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by vislabraye(m): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2018
Shayetet13:

Well said.
The retired General is even indicting the Army further by saying record keeping in Nigeria is bad.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Wiseandtrue(f): 8:58am On Oct 29, 2018
miqos02:

And I know up to 1963 when the last General Officer Commanding left Nigeria, there were no corners to be cut.

There was no such thing. Everything was on merit.

And that was how it was till Buhari’s time.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/10/buharis-certificate-saga-its-an-insult-to-the-armed-forces-gen-alani-akinrinade/amp/

The matter, the way I see it is very simple!

If Buhari cannot provide his certificate, he shouldn't bother applying!

Very simple!

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by BetterWorld100: 8:58am On Oct 29, 2018
Do you stay in Abuja? Do you need a hall for your corporate meetings at a cheaper rate? We offer this and much more. Call 08020889369 for more info.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by IrokoOluwere: 8:59am On Oct 29, 2018
SirChime:

When I read comments like this one up here I wonder how you reason . OBJ can show his and inec rule said you must present your credentials to the officials before being qualified. Can I ask ,that you were popular in school qualify you a job without presenting your credentials ? This is evil . Many their certificates got burned can't get a job but someone in same country is a president without certificates. Shame .
5 naira per post crew
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by nwakaibe(m): 9:00am On Oct 29, 2018
Shayetet13:

Please re-read Gen Akinrinnade's again...
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Otsam(m): 9:09am On Oct 29, 2018
Minjim:
Those complaining are only motivated by ignorance, hatred, money and stupidity

I understand you. Your gullibility would definitely accept everything. How come obasanjo was able to present his own? Did obasanjo joined army ten years ago? Why didn't we hear of such in his case? Mind you, so many people in that high political offices were once in the army and they didn't have such issues. Anybody can say anything to gain favour from the top.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lagos 4th Mainland Bridge: 39 Companies Express Interest In Constructing It / 2023: Who Do You Think Should Be Tinubu's Running Mate? / After Troops Recapture Mubi Town From Boko Haram, Life Returns (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.