Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,478 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' (33261 Views)

Going To Court Over Buhari's Certificate Is A Waste Of Time – Garba Shehu / Buhari’s Certificate Saga A Dead Issue, Only Idle People Consider It - Adesina / Dele Momodu Speaks On Buhari's Certificate (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by adanny01(m): 12:44pm On Oct 29, 2018
Buckubuck:

This is so untrue. But see how confident you are

While its you who do not know, not knowing is considered ignorance and not an excuse.

What does FAQ 18 say?

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by seguntijan(m): 12:46pm On Oct 29, 2018
Not PDP; Not-NOT Atiku
It is not for nothing that I say Nigerians are as stubborn as the beans market goat (oluya bi eran iso eree).
We don't listen at all! Otherwise, why would we even be contemplating taking the country from a party (APC) that has been saddled with spending the past almost-four years in cleaning the Augean stables left by another party (PDP, that blew away 16 years), and return it to the same profligate, irresponsible PDP?
Unless we are truly suffering from collective amnesia!
Was it not yesterday that Boko Haram controlled about 13 local government areas in the northeast...flags, collecting taxes, installing chiefs, broadcasting news and all?
Was it not yesterday that the PDP government couldn't use the Eagle Square in Abuja out of fear that Boko Haram would strike there again?
Was it not yesterday that even those in Lagos lived under the palpable fear that Boko Haram was on its way to driving them into the lagoon?
Was it not yesterday that our soldiers were running out of bullets, water and food on the battlefield and dying by the dozens?
Was it not yesterday that the country was importing everything, including toothpicks...with virtually every FOREX-dependent industry folding up because PDP People were eating our FOREX?
Was it not yesterday that PDP folks were doing "round-tripping" with our oil and subsidy...collecting our crude oil, shipping it overseas for refining, diverting the refined product elsewhere, selling it and pocketing the money, then returning an empty ship to Nigeria and STILL claiming full reimbursement for the refined product that was never brought to Nigeria? (One ship was even in Argentina at the same time it was claimed to be delivering refined oil products in Nigeria!)
Wasn't it yesterday that a PDP President allowed funds (billion dollars) meant for the military to be generously spent by one Dasuki on prosecuting elections of its members?
Wasn't it yesterday that we had the likes of kleptomaniac Diezani Alison-Madueke, garrulous Femi Fani-Kayode, greedy and incompetent Stella Oduah, obese Alex Sabudu Badeh, thieving Azubuike Ihejirika and sly Sambo Dasuki butchering Nigeria to near-death?
Wasn't it yesterday that the PDP was borrowing money to pay Federal salaries even though crude oil was once sold at $140 under their 16-year lootocracy?
And wasn't it yesterday that we had VP Atiku undermining President Obasanjo and the government under which he was serving, surreptitiously recruiting PDP governors and lawmakers to antagonize and block the President and threaten him with impeachment simply because he couldn't control his vaulting ambition to rule?
Are these are where we want to return?
I can go on and on about the 16 years of PDP banditocracy and grand ineptitude. But I think you get the gist.
True, Buhari has been a disappointment in some areas. That's why some of us who campaigned hard for him in the past now criticize him. We want to make him better.
And I am all for replacing him now mainly because I think he doesn't have the energy anymore.
But I won't trade him and APC (despite their shortcomings) with Atiku and PDP. If we are crying, we don't allow ourselves to be blinded by tears.
Lailai!
Tufia!
Let Baba Obasanjo (whom I respect a lot) go and take some chill pills.
There must be consequences for ineffectual buffoonery. And it must include not returning PDP to power for a loooong time.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by tete7000(m): 1:20pm On Oct 29, 2018
So the issuing institution cannot authentic his claim? What is insult in asking people to fulfill a simple statutory requirement? Na wa for this country self. Whose fault is it that the army doesn't keep its record? That an institution like army is accused of not being able to keep record is more of a shame than that Buhari is asked to produce his qualification. Does that accusation portray us as serious people at all? Army can't keep record...too bad! too shameful!!!
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by ebukamen(m): 1:45pm On Oct 29, 2018
Jax1:

I can see that u are lacking in common sense.. If ur father's BA cert is destroyed by termites, need I remind you that his case is not over yet? He could get another copy of it from which school he attended.

Now the issue here is about poor record keeping by the Nigerian army which I think is the newest ploy to exonerate buhari from any blame. But listen to it carefully, such nonsense excuse won't fly cos in the face of this whole issue, whether your original got missing or destroyed, ur certificate or credential is readily available from the original issuer. So go get it and stop telling us useless story.

Buhari present ur certificate...

How I wished I could like your comment 1000 times bro
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Gentew(m): 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2018
Minjim:
Those complaining are only motivated by ignorance, hatred, money and stupidity

please rent brain if u can't afford to buy..... If you are asked to tender your credentials for a job, Will you tell your employer that their is no way you will apply for the job if u don't av yr first degree certificate.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by ebukamen(m): 1:48pm On Oct 29, 2018
rusher14:

Most institutions give out a single certificate.

Waec can give reissue. Buhari has Waec wahala and not most institutions' issue!
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by rusher14: 1:59pm On Oct 29, 2018
ebukamen:

Waec can give reissue. Buhari has Waec wahala and not most institutions' issue!

Why not challenge this in court?
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by connkg(m): 2:08pm On Oct 29, 2018
Same government insists on original copies, even gazzette of employment vacancies for civil servant pensioners from thirty years ago.
If they submitted their originals or photocopies to the respective Ministries and have no proof now, will that help their pension verification?
The Army is under the Ministry of Defence.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Samuel1106(m): 2:23pm On Oct 29, 2018
Show us your certificate simple.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by jconsulting(f): 2:35pm On Oct 29, 2018
It is NECO Buhari sat for and cleared all papers in 1961 and lost it in Civil war on his way home while he was running because he fell down but NECO did not remember to do duplicate
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Belluchii: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2018
The certificate saga is the least of Nigeria's problem now, Those complaining are only motivated by ignorance, hatred, money and stupidity, politicizing an issue like this cannot drag the working president to the mud. why not focused on the good things the Buhari led administration has done and how to improve on it. The president has sound mind and have been ruling with justice, Equity and fairness, and visibly fights corruption, the patriotic Nigerians will still call for him to rule more.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by triplechoice(m): 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2018
[/color]
adanny01:

Certified true copy you mean.

Thats if you have a copy of the cert, the school will authenticate it as a certified true copy but will not give you a replacement for that certificate or any copy for that matter.

Schools dont keep copies of certs they give so they dont give you certified true copy if you dont bring one.

Its you the certificate holder that brings a copy of the cert for the school to authenticate as a certified true copy.

A certified true copy is not the same as the certificate.

Only an affidavit replaces the non existence of
an original certificate. A certified true copy doesnt.

Modified

Check the WAEC FAQ 18 and 14

Honestly, right from your first post on this tread, you have not shown that you really understand the process involved in the issuance of a replacement for a missing certificate in Nigeria, It is obvious that what you know is based on your father's experience and snippets of information you got from the media.

My certificates were stolen 8 years ago. This happened at a time I really needed it. Before it happened , I used to believe, just like you and so many others, that once you lose your original certificates then nothing can be done about it or you cannot get a replacement that can stand for the original. But I have since discovered that you can actually get a replacement from the original issuer to stand for the missing and burnt or even if it is with the army.

When I could not find my certificates were I kept them, I initially did not know what to do until a relative whom I narrated the incident to advised me on the actual steps to take to get them replaced. And they were simple steps.

I first of all got a police report and also an affidavit. Armed with this, I went to the university I graduated from to inform them and also to get a form of replacement. While there, I was directed to exams and records. My file was brought out to confirm if I actually graduated. When it was confirmed I was issued a formal confirmation document having my school's letter head which serves as a replacement and luckily for me the photocopy I made of my original certificate was still in my file. I was asked to make a photocopy of that too. If you have ever collected any kind of certificate you should remember that you are asked to make a copy of the original. You return this copy with a statement'original copy received by me' written by you at the bottom as a form of evidence that you collected the original. The reason I mention this, is because the military if they cannot find the original should atleast have a kind of confirmation that it was 'original submitted by me'. that they have The school he claimed to have sat for his Cambridge should also have in their file a copy with the statement 'original result received by me' . Issuing him a statement of results after so many years is not only illegal but also a crime. Statement of result is only valid for a period of time, at most 4 years and after then you do not reissue it. I got this information from a senior waec official who also told me that if your certificate is missing you go to the school were you sat for the exam and apply through them for a confirmation of result. If you are a private candidate you go to waec office and apply directly. I repeat no school as the right to issue any form of replacement without the consent of waec. If in doubt you can confirm from waec. If you lose your original, yes, go to your school but they have to contact the original exam body for a replacement. If waec is not close to confirm this, you can confirm from the principal of any school near you will be told the same thing. Most people do not know this because not many persons lose their certificates

So for me at the moment I have replacements for every of my certificate stolen even my NYSC.I choose to reply you not because of politics but to make you see that you are misinforming others who at this moment have lost their credentials or may later. Do not believe or trust everything you read in the media most of them have interest they are protecting

Finally, let your dad know he can get a replacement for his cerfitcate if he goes to his Alma mater.The process is not difficult. I am sure in his file he can find the photocopy he made while collecting the original. With a little tip he can beg to make a copy. That should be more presentable than the embarrassing remnant of the certificate he has in is possession

A lot of people now think it is difficult or practically impossible to get a replacement because of this buhari certificate saga. Other than this I do not have anything other thing against. him. The people who want to replace him cannot change Nigeria the are only fighting for their interests

I

[color=#990000]
adanny01:

Thats if you have a copy of the cert, the school will authenticate it as a certified true copy but will not give you a replacement for that certificate or any copy for that matter.

Schools dont keep copies of certs they give so they dont give you certified true copy if you dont bring one.

Its you the certificate holder that brings a copy of the cert for the school to authenticate as a certified true copy.

Modified

Honestly, right from your first post on this tread, you have not shown that you really understand the process involved in the issuance of a replacement for a missing certificate in Nigeria, It is obvious that what you know is based on your father's experience and snippets of information you got from the media.

My certificates were stolen 8 years ago. This happened at a time I really needed it. Before it happened , I used to believe, just like you and so many others, that once you lose your original certificates then nothing can be done about it or you cannot get a replacement that can stand for the original. But I have since discovered that you can actually get a replacement from the original issuer to stand for the missing and burnt or even if it is with the army.

When I could not find my certificates were I kept them, I initially did not know what to do until a relative whom I narrated the incident to advised me on the actual steps to take to get them replaced. And they were simple steps.

I first of all got a police report and also an affidavit. Armed with this, I went to the university I graduated from to inform them and also to get a form of replacement. While there, I was directed to exams and records. My file was brought out to confirm if I actually graduated. When it was confirmed I was issued a formal confirmation document having my school's letter head which serves as a replacement and luckily for me the photocopy I made of my original certificate was still in my file. I was asked to make a photocopy of that too. If you have ever collected any kind of certificate you should remember that you are asked to make a copy of the original. You return this copy with a statement'original copy received by me' written by you at the bottom as a form of evidence that you collected the original. The reason I mention this, is because the military if they cannot find the original should atleast have a kind of confirmation that it was 'original submitted by me'. that they have The school he claimed to have sat for his Cambridge should also have in their file a copy with the statement 'original result received by me' . Issuing him a statement of results after so many years is not only illegal but also a crime. Statement of result is only valid for a period of time, at most 4 years and after then you do not reissue it. I got this information from a senior waec official who also told me that if your certificate is missing you go to the school were you sat for the exam and apply through them for a confirmation of result. If you are a private candidate you go to waec office and apply directly. I repeat no school as the right to issue any form of replacement without the consent of waec. If in doubt you can confirm from waec. If you lose your original, yes, go to your school but they have to contact the original exam body for a replacement. If waec is not close to confirm this, you can confirm from the principal of any school near you will be told the same thing. Most people do not know this because not many persons lose their certificates

So for me at the moment I have replacements for every of my certificate stolen even my NYSC.I choose to reply you not because of politics but to make you see that you are misinforming others who at this moment have lost their credentials or may later. Do not believe or trust everything you read in the media most of them have interest they are protecting

Finally, let your dad know he can get a replacement for his cerfitcate if he goes to his Alma mater.The process is not difficult. I am sure in his file he can find the photocopy he made while collecting the original. With a little tip he can beg to make a copy. That should be more presentable than the embarrassing remnant of the certificate he has in is possession

A lot of people now think it is difficult or practically impossible to get a replacement because of this buhari certificate saga. Other than this I do not have anything other thing against. him. The people who want to replace him cannot change Nigeria the are only fighting for their interests

I

adanny01:

Modified

I

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by chosengocap: 3:22pm On Oct 29, 2018
simplycarro:
Even their newly recruited chief wailer OBJ will never say such thing that PMB have no WASC

Nigeria is a joke!
WHY BUHARI HAS NO CERTIFICATE: - Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd)

More light have been thrown on the controversy surrounding the APC presidential candidate, Muhammadu Buhari and his release of a Toronto certificate to online media instead of INEC by Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd)'s scholastic narrative.

The situation in Nigeria pre and post Independent where unqualified people are favoured against the qualified, made it impossible for due process to be followed by Northerners who wanted to join the army or high institutions.

Buhari joined the army in 1962 and less than 2 months to this date, he has a letter claiming to be a student. He was six months in Military training school and went to UK and stayed six months for 3 years course, there was no time in record that Buhari went back to college to complete his secondary school.

According to Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd) writing, "By 1960, shortly after Nigeria's independence, the Prime Minister, Alhaji Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa, had directed the Principal of King's College, Lagos, Mr. P.H. Davies, to provide places, annually, for at least 15 boys from the North, whether or not they passed the requisite regular entrance examination."
--- Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd) in "Nigeria's Five Majors" p. 36, published first in 1981.

"In an attempt to catch up militarily with the South, the Northern politicians had thrown out all discretion. They had lowered standards of admission drastically, settling for the minimum. For as I recalled, all the Northerners in my intake had been trained at the Mons Officer Cadet School in Aldershot. And they had become officers after barely six months of military training, whereas those of us who had been sent to Sandhurst had had to do two long years to earn the Queen's Commission. The implications were quite clear - and most disturbing. Not only had these Northerners become commissioned officers before we were half-way through our first year at Sandhurst, they had all risen to the enviable rank of Captain before we could even appear at the sovereign's parade which served essentially as a prerequisite for our passing out as Second Lieutenants."
--- Col. Ben Gbulie (rtd) in "Nigeria's Five Majors, pages 12 - 13, Published 1981.

"By 1964 a group of young Nigerian officer-cadets, mostly Northerners, had been declared academically unfit and hence repatriated by the Canadian military authorities. These cadets were however pronounced commissioned by the Nigerian Federal Government no sooner than they had arrived at the Ikeja Airport. Consequently they had had to be absorbed into the Nigerian Army as commissioned officers, even though they had received no requisite military training."
----- Col Ben Gbulie (rtd) in "Nigeria's Five Majors" page 13, published 1981.

"Zak (Maimalari) had held the rank of Captain in 1960. But before my return from the United Kingdom in 1963, he had soared to the top rank of Brigadier. In other words, he had risen from Captain to Temporary/Major, to Substantive/Major, to Temporary/Lieutenant-Colonel, to Substantive/Colonel and then to Brigadier, all within that short span of time. It was just scandalous".

It is a shame that Buhari entered the Army with a false document and not meeting the prerequisite and insisting on contesting for the 2015 presidential election, knowing fully well that he has no secondary school certificate.

If Buhari is man enough, let him submit the doctored 'school certificate' to INEC or any government department and he will earn himself a ticket to prison.

Nigeria Must not be drawn back to another mediocre, his joke is getting out of hand.
"Study the past if you would define the future." – Confucius; “Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” -George Santayana
I wonder what "integrity" means in Nigeria, that people mention it when they talk about buhari! For all I know, buhari should be in prison answering to all the wicked and deceptive ways of his life. Nigeria is indeed a country I hate been its citizen.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by victorypeace: 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2018
Hello. You are comparing America with excellent record keeping to Nigeria that cant keep record of child birth only.
Do you read the post very well. You can go online in America and get any record you want. This is never possible in Nigeria. so stop comparing your uncle who studied in America with good records to that of Nigeria and be sincere to yourself by saying the realities. Nigeria in those days get things on merit and you submit your original certificate to the Military Boards. The Obasanjo that is untrue to himself cannot produce his certificate because they all joined the army on merit and went through the same process.
Shayetet13:

Listen carefully: My uncle, a world renowned surgeon was working with Johns hopkins in the United States. When he decided he wanted to come back to Nigeria to work, National Hospital Abuja accepted his application immediately, but by the time he came down to Nigeria, he was required to submit his basic qualifying certificates. He was even required to submit his MBBS despite having several post graduate degrees in surgery and recommendations from john hopkins. Nigeria president is the biggest job in Nigeria, not something you joke with like all of you are currently doing. Buhari ought to submit that minimum qualification even if he got courses under his belt. That general is saying rubbish. If you must show your certificate for any job in Nigeria, it applies to the president. You guys are just killing principles in the country with your dishonesty, but you do not know it
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by adanny01(m): 6:41pm On Oct 29, 2018
triplechoice:
[/color][color=#990000]

How is what you are saying any different to what i am saying. Did you get your original certificates back?

Did you see the screenshot i shared? Question 18 to be precise. See it below.

A certificate reads, "this is to certify that ........" or "This certifies that".

I repeat, you never get reissued a certificate when you lose it.

You get several other things, a certified true copy, a confirmation, a testimonial, a statement of result but never a replacement of that certificate. This is a fact and not an argument.

As a person who lost his documents, when you get a new job and they ask you to bring original certificates for viewing, you dont take just your certificate true copy, confirmation or whatever you got, you first of all give the affidavit that says you lost your certificate, then present the alternative you've got. Without that affidavit, nothing else would explain why you dont have a certificate. You got a confirmation and a certified true copy, they are not your certificate. There are situations you will be asked of a certificate amd not a statement.

For example, when i registered for NSE you take your original certificate for viewing. Take a statement of result, confirmation or certified true copy you will not qualify, but attach an affidavit, the affidavit enables them to accept those other documents you have.

FYI, both my parents were school principals, my father for over 20 years of his civil service career. Reissue of certificate is the crime not issueing a statement. Do you know that a confirmation of result is invalid in your hands? It is inadmissible in most cases. A confirmation is like a transcript, it is meant to be sent directly from WAEC to a third party organization.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Grayxme: 6:57pm On Oct 29, 2018
I actually wonder why people are trying to make fire where there is no smoke. Let me quote what former President Olusegun Obasanjo said in 2015 during this saga of the President’s certificate. “Obasanjo said that it is an insult on a man, who rose to the echelon in Nigeria Army, attended the War College in the US and Staff College in Nigeria, for anyone to start asking whether he has a certificate or not".
So I see no reason why people are clamoring on this issue as it is clearly not a problem.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by jamejanev: 7:44pm On Oct 29, 2018
Mouth Gig:
TELL DEM LOOTERS..GOD BLESS AND PROTECT BUHARI..
its only a fool will believe that Buhari doesn't have certificate. I might not be happy with his govt but I'm sure he has certificate

2 Likes

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by blowjob: 7:58pm On Oct 29, 2018
jamejanev:
its only a fool will believe that Buhari doesn't have certificate. I might not be happy with his govt but I'm sure he has certificate
GOD BLESS U..

1 Like

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by Kayrich(m): 8:12pm On Oct 29, 2018
Jax1:

Are we not saying same thing? Go back to where you got the original and request for an alternative. Assuming l lost my waec cert, original copy, does it mean my record in waec registry is forever lost?

So let him go back and demand a copy from the original issuer. Nothing difficult about it.

Hehehe you want your president to go and do all these as if he wants to get a job in alausa.
Ur hatred for this man is something else.

1 Like

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by alohman(m): 9:02pm On Oct 29, 2018
zombies can cry till tomorrow Buhari has no Waec certificate. the law says you must provide all your credentials. why is this regime always breaking the law.

1 Like

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by bewla(m): 9:36pm On Oct 29, 2018
Minjim:
Those complaining are only motivated by ignorance, hatred, money and stupidity
Even the Atikulootin generation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by triplechoice(m): 10:55am On Oct 30, 2018
adanny01:

How is what you are saying any different to what i am saying. Did you get your original certificates back?

Did you see the screenshot i shared? Question 18 to be precise. See it below.

A certificate reads, "this is to certify that ........" or "This certifies that".

I repeat, you never get reissued a certificate when you lose it.

You get several other things, a certified true copy, a confirmation, a testimonial, a statement of result but never a replacement of that certificate. This is a fact and not an argument.

As a person who lost his documents, when you get a new job and they ask you to bring original certificates for viewing, you dont take just your certificate true copy, confirmation or whatever you got, you first of all give the affidavit that says you lost your certificate, then present the alternative you've got. Without that affidavit, nothing else would explain why you dont have a certificate. You got a confirmation and a certified true copy, they are not your certificate. There are situations you will be asked of a certificate amd not a statement.

For example, when i registered for NSE you take your original certificate for viewing. Take a statement of result, confirmation or certified true copy you will not qualify, but attach an affidavit, the affidavit enables them to accept those other documents you have.

FYI, both my parents were school principals, my father for over 20 years of his civil service career. Reissue of certificate is the crime not issueing a statement. Do you know that a confirmation of result is invalid in your hands? It is inadmissible in most cases. A confirmation is like a transcript, it is meant to be sent directly from WAEC to a third party organization.

It is obvious you did not take your time to read my reply
I never at any time mention that anyone receives an original as replacement. I was giving a confirmation document as replacement not the original. When I mentioned the copy in my file in the exams and records, I explained that it was the photocopy of the original I made when I collected the original. Except you have never collected any certificate before then you should know that is one of the process. The reason I was giving that to make a copy of is because a staff who is a close relative begged on my behalf and I also tipped them if not you do not have access to the copy in your file.

It has occur to me now that it was cambridge and not WAEC that conducted the exam which certificate is now in dispute. So it seems you do not really have all the facts concerning this issue. We do not know the exact procedure for cambridge. But if we assume it this same and we want to use the document you pasted then I can tell you that what you have there is only a brief explanation of the process.

Statements of results are no longer reissued once the certificate is already. out. If you lose your certificate after collecting it you do not go back to demand for statement of result. What the school does is to initiate the process of confirmation on your behalf. Now the question is, did the principal initiate,this process on behalf of the president. If he did, then confirmation should be out by now and if not why? That is the only means to resolve this issue. The confirmation will authenticate whatever statement of result that the principal has already issued out. Affidavit cannot help in this case, If it is confirmed that the statement of result is not correct and the said candidate did not sit for the exam it means the he has lied under oath.

It seems you do not know that the result and the exam belongs to Cambridge, This is not a university certificate. When there is any dispute concerning a secondary school certificate, it is the examination body which the school is affiliated to that validates it. I said it was illegal -—maybe not a crime yet—because the school principal did not follow the right process. If we accept that he did was the right thing then it means anyone can walk into any schoo and demand for statement of result. Do not forget that the said original was issued over 60 years ago. Why a statement now and not a confirmation?

To put and end to this matter let the school initiate the process of confirmation once that is done and it is confirmed, case close. The army can continue to have it in their possession. It does not matter anymore.
Finally, the fact that your dad has over 20 years experience in public service does not mean he has experienced it all. You said what he has is an affidavit and a remnant of his certificate. Why has he not gone for confirmation yet? does it mean he is not aware of this? University hand over to you a document which stand for the original. Unlike a secondary school, it is not sent on your behalf to any person or organization.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by adanny01(m): 12:22pm On Oct 30, 2018
triplechoice:

It is obvious you did not take your time to read my reply
I never at any time mention that anyone receives an original as replacement. I was giving a confirmation document as replacement not the original. When I mentioned the copy in my file in the exams and records, I explained that it was the photocopy of the original I made when I collected the original. Except you have never collected any certificate before then you should know that is one of the process. The reason I was giving that to make a copy of is because a staff who is a close relative begged on my behalf and I also tipped them if not you do not have access to the copy in your file.

It has occur to me now that it was cambridge and not WAEC that conducted the exam which certificate is now in dispute. So it seems you do not really have all the facts concerning this issue. We do not know the exact procedure for cambridge. But if we assume it this same and we want to use the document you pasted then I can tell you that what you have there is only a brief explanation of the process.

Statements of results are no longer reissued once the certificate is already. out. If you lose your certificate after collecting it you do not go back to demand for statement of result. What the school does is to initiate the process of confirmation on your behalf. Now the question is, did the principal initiate,this process on behalf of the president. If he did, then confirmation should be out by now and if not why? That is the only means to resolve this issue. The confirmation will authenticate whatever statement of result that the principal has already issued out. Affidavit cannot help in this case, If it is confirmed that the statement of result is not correct and the said candidate did not sit for the exam it means the he has lied under oath.

It seems you do not know that the result and the exam belongs to Cambridge, This is not a university certificate. When there is any dispute concerning a secondary school certificate, it is the examination body which the school is affiliated to that validates it. I said it was illegal -—maybe not a crime yet—because the school principal did not follow the right process. If we accept that he did was the right thing then it means anyone can walk into any schoo and demand for statement of result. Do not forget that the said original was issued over 60 years ago. Why a statement now and not a confirmation?

To put and end to this matter let the school initiate the process of confirmation once that is done and it is confirmed, case close. The army can continue to have it in their possession. It does not matter anymore.
Finally, the fact that your dad has over 20 years experience in public service does not mean he has experienced it all. You said what he has is an affidavit and a remnant of his certificate. Why has he not gone for confirmation yet? does it mean he is not aware of this? University hand over to you a document which stand for the original. Unlike a secondary school, it is not sent on your behalf to any person or organization.

In the same vein you didn't take time to read my post cause i never said your certificate issuer will not give you anything.

I said they wont give you the certificate you lost back. Its you who went into further stories and even cover exactly what i said.

You are even lucky your school keeps a copy of the cert. My school does not. You sign a register that you collected it and thats the end. You can get a statement of result for yourself a confirmation or transcript to thirdparty institutions.

Guy your long epistle carries many irrelevant statements.

So it is now that you know its Cambridge, yet you continue to talk like it is me who doesnt know. I knew this fact since 2015, how come you are getting to know that now. Please use your head, reasearch before writing things you dont know and insinuate others dont know.

If Cambridge conducted Buhari's exams in 1961, and WAEC was established in 1952, who do you think Cambridge conducted the exams for. Where do you think WAEC originated from?

Back to my father, if you are a 25 yr old graduated who lost his certificate and my father is a 69yr old retiree who also lost his certificate, who between the 2 of you needs a confirmation of his certificate? What does my father need his certificate for after retirement?

Think of what you are writing before it turns to an insult.

All this Buhari matter you guys are peddling has been properly trashed out in 2015 and its a none issue. Anyone continuing the issue is either uninformed or gullible.

Even the grades he had was trashed up to Cambridge. Cambridge even replied alot of queries on Buhari's result. Its left up to you to research and arm yourself with details.

I blame myself for arguing with you who just found out Cambridge conducted WASC during the 50s and 60s. If you just found that one out, there are alot you will find out. Dont keep arguing without the whole facts.

Oh, in addition, do you know what a confirmation is? Its a letter telling who ever you present yourself to that you are a graduate of the school. It doesn't replace your certificate in whatever way. Do you know that even those who have completed the requisite conditions for the award of a degree but have not been awarded can get a confirmation.

I had one in which i used to get a job before i went for NYSC. When you get a Federal Civil Service job, present a confirmation and see how your employment will be thrown to the next person.

Lastly, do you know why a certificate is irreplaceable? Its because it carries security features no other document you have will get. When you deal with government or its agencies or organized private sector or foreign institutions, they deal with either your certificate or transcript delivered directly from your school. The only other thing that they deal with is a police report and affidavit. Dont decieve yourself, the affidavit you have is much more important to the confirmation you have.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by triplechoice(m): 3:40pm On Oct 30, 2018
adanny01:

In the same vein you didn't take time to read my post cause i never said your certificate issuer will not give you anything.

I said they wont give you the certificate you lost back. Its you who went into further stories and even cover exactly what i said.

You are even lucky your school keeps a copy of the cert. My school does not. You sign a register that you collected it and thats the end. You can get a statement of result for yourself a confirmation or transcript to thirdparty institutions.

Guy your long epistle carries many irrelevant statements.

So it is now that you know its Cambridge, yet you continue to talk like it is me who doesnt know. I knew this fact since 2015, how come you are getting to know that now. Please use your head, reasearch before writing things you dont know and insinuate others dont know.

If Cambridge conducted Buhari's exams in 1961, and WAEC was established in 1952, who do you think Cambridge conducted the exams for. Where do you think WAEC originated from?

Back to my father, if you are a 25 yr old graduated who lost his certificate and my father is a 69yr old retiree who also lost his certificate, who between the 2 of you needs a confirmation of his certificate? What does my father need his certificate for after retirement?

Think of what you are writing before it turns to an insult.

All this Buhari matter you guys are peddling has been properly trashed out in 2015 and its a none issue. Anyone continuing the issue is either uninformed or gullible.

Even the grades he had was trashed up to Cambridge. Cambridge even replied alot of queries on Buhari's result. Its left up to you to research and arm yourself with details.

I blame myself for arguing with you who just found out Cambridge conducted WASC during the 50s and 60s. If you just found that one out, there are alot you will find out. Dont keep arguing without the whole facts.

Oh, in addition, do you know what a confirmation is? Its a letter telling who ever you present yourself to that you are a graduate of the school. It doesn't replace your certificate in whatever way. Do you know that even those who have completed the requisite conditions for the award of a degree but have not been awarded can get a confirmation.

I had one in which i used to get a job before i went for NYSC. When you get a Federal Civil Service job, present a confirmation and see how your employment will be thrown to the next person.

Lastly, do you know why a certificate is irreplaceable? Its because it carries security features no other document you have will get. When you deal with government or its agencies or organized private sector or foreign institutions, they deal with either your certificate or transcript delivered directly from your school. The only other thing that they deal with is a police report and affidavit. Dont decieve yourself, the affidavit you have is much more important to the confirmation you have.

It is very pathetic to see that your replies do not reflect any understanding of anything I have said

When I mentioned In my previous post that it just occurred to me that it was cambridge not WAEC that conducted the exam, you interpreted it to mean I just knew now.Recollecting a fact now does not mean you do not know it before. It. You are among one of those misinforming people that it was WAEC if not why the WAEC extract you posted. Check this tread and any other one concerning this issue, all you see is WAEC. Instead of excepting your mistake you want to mischievously turn it around to show I just knew now. You have failed woefully

Let me try and explain in a simple way the issue in contention so you can understand and reply appropriately. Someone swore to an affidavit that his original credentials are missing. Another says it is not true that the person at anytime actually had any certificate. So what happens? Let us go to court. What will the court do? Demand a confirmation on the authenticity of the result in contention. from who? The secondary school or Cambridge? My answer? Cambridge and not the school. Now"
why allow the matter to drag to the extent of going to court and you spending millions of naira to hire SANS to defend you in a matter you can easily solve by getting confirmation from Cambridge with less than 10 thousand naira. If you are in that same position what would you do.?

Finally, people swore to and affidavit claiming what is not true. Does it mean anyone cannot challenge it in a court of law if the person has evidence that you lied under oath
Hope you reply show a thorough understanding of the matter at hand if not I would not bother to reply you
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by adanny01(m): 4:18pm On Oct 30, 2018
triplechoice:

It is very pathetic to see that your replies do not reflect any understanding of anything I have said

When I mentioned In my previous post that it just occurred to me that it was cambridge not WAEC that conducted the exam, you interpreted it to mean I just knew now.Recollecting a fact now does not mean you do not know it before. It. (No1.) You are among one of those misinforming people that it was WAEC if not why the WAEC extract you posted. Check this tread and any other one concerning this issue, all you see is WAEC. Instead of excepting your mistake you want to mischievously turn it around to show I just knew now. You have failed woefully

Let me try and explain in a simple way the issue in contention so you can understand and reply appropriately. Someone swore to an affidavit that his original credentials are missing. Another says it is not true that the person at anytime actually had any certificate. So what happens? Let us go to court. What will the court do? Demand a confirmation on the authenticity of the result in contention. from who? The secondary school or Cambridge? My answer? Cambridge and not the school. Now"
why allow the matter to drag to the extent of going to court and you spending millions of naira to hire SANS to defend you in a matter you can easily solve by getting confirmation from Cambridge with less than 10 thousand naira. If you are in that same position what would you do.?

Finally, people swore to and affidavit claiming what is not true. Does it mean anyone cannot challenge it in a court of law if the person has evidence that you lied under oath
Hope you reply show a thorough understanding of the matter at hand if not I would not bother to reply you

It is your comprehension that sends you into all this arguments you keep bouncing here and there.

Now, you want to drag me into the insensible court cases politicians use to intimidate themselves. I aint going that route with you.

Check the results very well. I hope you see WAEC where it reads "PHOTOSTAT FOR USE OF SCHOOL STAFF AND WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATION COUNCIL ONLY". There lies your last answer.

Mind you, my advise to you is never leave your affidavit behind when asked to show up with your certificate. Thats my issue.

Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by triplechoice(m): 5:08pm On Oct 30, 2018
adanny01:

It is your comprehension that sends you into all this arguments you keep bouncing here and there.

Now, you want to drag me into the insensible court cases politicians use to intimidate themselves. I aint going that route with you.

Check the results very well. I hope you see WAEC where it reads "PHOTOSTAT FOR USE OF SCHOOL STAFF AND WEST AFRICAN EXAMINATION COUNCIL ONLY". There lies your last answer.

Mind you, my advise to you is never leave your affidavit behind when asked to show up with your certificate. Thats my issue.

You are posting a document which has not been confirmed as genuine by the original owners of the exam to convince me or anyone.?You keep exhibiting ignorance. Twisting and turning like a clueless footballer and in the giving out a wayward pass

And the university of Cambridge at the top of it, that is, if it is genuine, does not mean anything to you?

It is funny you advising me on always having my affidavit with me whenever I need to present my credentials a thing I have been doing for close to 8years now.
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by adanny01(m): 5:31pm On Oct 30, 2018
triplechoice:

You are posting a document which has not been confirmed as genuine by the original owners of the exam to convince me or anyone.?You keep exhibiting ignorance. Twisting and turning like a clueless footballer and in the giving out a wayward pass

And the university of Cambridge at the top of it, that is, if it is genuine, does not mean anything to you?

It is funny you advising me on always having my affidavit with me whenever I need to present my credentials a thing I have been doing for close to 8years now.

Good, continue to do so.

The result talies to what the school released to him as his results.

Accept it or sue him.

Lastly, if operation show your cert is carried out now, even you dont have a certificate. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. grin
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by triplechoice(m): 12:29pm On Oct 31, 2018
adanny01:

Good, continue to do so.

The result talies to what the school released to him as his results.

Accept it or sue him.

Lastly, if operation show your cert is carried out now, even you dont have a certificate. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. grin

You say the result released to him? has he ever at any time acknowledged it and presented it to INEC.

An obviously forged document that has been avoided like plague by the person that is supposed to accept it, is what you are using to support your argument?

My affidavit and the supporting documents which represents my missing credentials is legally acceptable even outside this country. If you do not no this, then it means you are stubbornly ignorant. I have been employed with it in the civil service since 2018,done numerous screening/ verification of results without any problem and you want to say I do not have a certificate. You claim to be a graduate but I am afraid you are not reasoning like one.

Maybe you should contact the presidency on their Twitter handle to advise them to submit the. so called result from the school. I wish you good luck with that
I
Re: Alani Akinri: 'Buhari’s Certificate Saga, An Insult To The Armed Forces' by adanny01(m): 1:18pm On Oct 31, 2018
triplechoice:

You say the result released to him? has he ever at any time acknowledged it and presented it to INEC.

An obviously forged document that has been avoided like plague by the person that is supposed to accept it, is what you are using to support your argument?

My affidavit and the supporting documents which represents my missing credentials is legally acceptable even outside this country. If you do not no this, then it means you are stubbornly ignorant. I have been employed with it in the civil service since 2018,done numerous screening/ verification of results without any problem and you want to say I do not have a certificate. You claim to be a graduate but I am afraid you are not reasoning like one.

Maybe you should contact the presidency on their Twitter handle to advise them to submit the. so called result from the school. I wish you good luck with that
I

You are obviously incoherent and cant think beyond your nose.

How can he present a statement of result to INEC when the requirement is a certificate? Like i advised you, he can only present a certificate or an affidavit.

You keep running in circles but cannot phantom the obvious. You ask of a certificate from a man while yourself cant present one. What a "Twist of fate".

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Osinbajo: Fake News Put Me In Trouble With My Wife / INEC Blocks Ezekwesili's Withdrawal From Presidential Race / Nigerians React As Aregbesola Shares Photos Of Buhari Raising Dapo Hand Online

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 183
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.