Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,707 members, 7,809,688 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:12 PM

Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found (9496 Views)

Stolen Mandate Eventually Found / Breaking News:Buhari Extended His Leave Notified National Assembly / BREAKING News:-Buhari Declares Fulani Herdsmen Terrorist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by PointB: 3:09pm On Oct 31, 2018
AZeD1:

I did not submit anything outside my CV. For where I currently work, I only had to proof I was legally entitled to work in the country.

There are lots of things wrong with Buhari being President but WAEC certificate isn't one of them.

If it's not required, you haven't done anything wrong.

But if it is, and you failed to submit it, lie about, and use tax-payer funds to hire lawyers to frustrate every attempt to get to the root of it, while at the same time masquerading as a man of Integrity, then something is fundamentally wrong.

Bros, it's one of the thing wrong with Buhari's administration. He cheated on his way to the the top, and can't face his past.

Buhari is a fraud!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by AZeD1(m): 3:16pm On Oct 31, 2018
PointB:

If it's not required, you haven't done anything wrong.

But if it is, and you failed to submit it, lie about, and use tax-payer funds to hire lawyers to frustrate every attempt to get to the root of it, while at the same time masquerading as a man of Integrity, then something is fundamentally wrong.

Bros, it's one of the thing wrong with Buhari's administration. He cheated on his way to the the top, and can't face his past.

Buhari is a fraud!
I have looked at the election law and it says nothing about submitting certificates. There law allows INEC to accept anything it deems fit as proof of education. There's also a clause that states "the applicant can read and write English to the satisfaction of INEC".

I agree with you that Buhari is a fraud but not on this issue of certificates.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by PointB: 3:27pm On Oct 31, 2018
AZeD1:

I have looked at the election law and it says nothing about submitting certificates. There law allows INEC to accept anything it deems fit as proof of education. There's also a clause that states "the applicant can read and write English to the satisfaction of INEC".

I agree with you that Buhari is a fraud but not on this issue of certificates.

The INEC Application Form asked the contestant to submit copies of Credential.

If it weren't the case, then we could excuse Mr. Buhari. Fortunately for us, that's the case, else contestants will make bogus claims (like Buhari is doing) and get away with little or no scrutiny. So Buhari's failure to attached the required credential, and instead resort to use of Affidavit is fraud.

Why use affidavit claiming your certificate is with the military, when you can simply retrieve it from them and submit same? The only reason he's doing that is to cover up fraud!

1 Like

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by AZeD1(m): 3:36pm On Oct 31, 2018
PointB:

The INEC Application Form asked the contestant to submit copies of Credential.

If it weren't the case, then we could excuse Mr. Buhari. Fortunately for us, that's the case, else contestants will make bogus claims (like Buhari is doing) and get away with little or no scrutiny. So Buhari's failure to attached the required credential, and instead resort to use of Affidavit is fraud.

Why use affidavit claiming your certificate is with the military, when you can simply retrieve it from them and submit same? The only reason he's doing that is to cover up fraud!

This is what the law says(pay special attention to C and D.

"School Certificate or its equivalent" means

(a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or

(b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or

(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and -

(i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and

(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and

(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission, and

(d) any other qualification acceptable by the Independent National Electoral Commission;"

That's the election law.

2 Likes

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by PointB: 3:56pm On Oct 31, 2018
AZeD1:

This is what the law says(pay special attention to C and D.

"School Certificate or its equivalent" means

(a) a Secondary School Certificate or its equivalent, or Grade II Teacher’s Certificate, the City and Guilds Certificate; or

(b) education up to Secondary School Certificate level; or

(c) Primary Six School Leaving Certificate or its equivalent and -

(i) service in the public or private sector in the Federation in any capacity acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for a minimum of ten years, and

(ii) attendance at courses and training in such institutions as may be acceptable to the Independent National Electoral Commission for periods totalling up to a minimum of one year, and

(iii) the ability to read, write, understand and communicate in the English language to the satisfaction of the Independent National Electoral Commission, and

(d) any other qualification acceptable by the Independent National Electoral Commission;"

That's the election law.

Good.

So from the list of Acceptable Qualifications Criteria, Mr. Buhari elected to choose (a) as his preferred qualification.

The onus is now on him to proof that he is qualified on the basis of that option. It is not INEC's duty to make this decision for him or proof that he is qualified on the basis he chose. That's Mr. Buhari's job.

Rather than Mr. Buhari to show this evidence, he is prevaricating. And you think he has nothing to hide in that regard?
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by AZeD1(m): 4:07pm On Oct 31, 2018
PointB:

Good.

So from the list of Acceptable Qualifications Criteria, Mr. Buhari elected to choose (a) as his preferred qualification.

The onus is now on him to proof the is qualified on the basis of that option. It is not INEC's duty to make this decision for him or proof that he is qualified on the basis he chose. That's Mr. Buhari's job.

Rather than Mr. Buhari to show this evidence, he is prevaricating. And you think he has nothing to hide in that regard?
See D:
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by Zionope: 4:53pm On Oct 31, 2018
PointB:

Good.

The onus is now on him to proof that he is qualified on the basis of that option. It is not INEC's duty to make this decision for him or proof that he is qualified on the basis he chose. That's Mr. Buhari's job.

You need to remove sentiments and think straight. Affidavit is a proof allowed by the law to stand in place of any missing document (certificates inclusive). He sworn an affidavit to have attended those schools and not to any grade obtained, his grades are not a criteria according to the constitution of the FRN the affidavit he sworn to is an evidence which INEC has deemed tenable (which happen to be the stand of the law).
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by omoharry(f): 4:58pm On Oct 31, 2018
senatordave1:

Your either being mischievous or misundersranding the whole stuff.the principal letter and the word ''will'' presupposes that he was writing ssce exams at that time or had written it but the results were not ready as at the time he wrote the exam.me and you know that he actually wrote the exams and may not have collected the originals.all evidences shows that he wrote wasc
so where is the result?..even my grand aunt born born in 1939..still has her school cert even if it looks very old and about to turn about..stop arguing blinded that is why you were sent to school.
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by PointB: 5:05pm On Oct 31, 2018
Zionope:

You need to remove sentiments and think straight. Affidavit is a proof allowed by the law to stand in place of any missing document (certificates inclusive). He sworn an affidavit to have attended those schools and not to any grade obtained, his grades are not a criteria according to the constitution of the FRN the affidavit he sworn to is an evidence which INEC has deemed tenable (which happen to be the stand of the law).

Can you not make your point without insulting innuendo? How do you mean I should remove sentiment and think straight? Pls stick to your points and avoid such remarks.

You obviously are not getting the point here in any case. Affidavit is not the matter under discussion here. What is under discussion is Buhari's certificate. He swore an Affidavit that the original certificates are with the military authority.

Yes INEC can accept Affidavit if he's lost his certificate, but swearing Affidavit that his certificate is with military authority is so wrong.

Nigerians are saying that's an abuse of the system. That he can request for the certificate or copies and present same. That' why this issue persists. How is this difficult to understand or how is this sentimental?
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by 247Dior(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2018
AZeD1:

My current place of work and the last place I worked in Nigeria did not see any of my certificates. I didn't even go with a recommendation letter, so its possible.
yes probably you know one oga at the top but WAEC is a constitutional requirement bro.. what is bad is bad no matter who is involved
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by AZeD1(m): 6:28pm On Oct 31, 2018
247Dior:
yes probably you know one oga at the top but WAEC is a constitutional requirement bro.. what is bad is bad no matter who is involved
I know no oga the top and WAEC is not a constitutional requirement.
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by ItsMeAboki(m): 7:20pm On Oct 31, 2018
jlinkd78:
A shame of a nation. Here we are struggling to force d govt agree to a minimum wage of N30,000 that even d best educationally qualified graduates will still face competitive interviews. Here also we have a president whose academic scorecard was based on a projection that he will have credit in Maths, English and three other subjects in 1961 as can be seen in this Endorsement by the Principal . I have no much problem with this futuristic testimonial as d Principal might have done it then with all clear conscience. My problem with d dullard is that in 2018 he still expects us to accept such conditional endorsement as valid when he had all the time to have upgraded his results cos it is clear now that d projection turned out bad. This is d area where the promoters of one Nigeria should hide their faces in shame where Northerners can be enlisted into d military with future projected results while d southerners with great released results can not secure such entry. Do u need to gaze more why our military are so unprofessional.

It is quite clear that you are still quite ignorant of the constitutional academic qualification requirement to elective office and that you failed to read and comprehend this attached copy of letter of explanation from the Nigerian Army (which had earlier been uploaded by another reader here in this thread apparently for the benefit of folks like you who deliberately choose to embrace ignorance).
In short the NA confirmed its earlier custom of requesting for original certificates (which it replaced with the introduction of photocopies in the 80's) however, it could not locate that of the president, even though its records confirmed that he indeed passed WASC (giving details of the subjects and grades)

Your remarks pertaining to northerners clearly shows the level of your ignorance/intellectual laziness and bigotry - quite unfortunate.

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by OAM4J: 10:34pm On Oct 31, 2018
PointB:

Can you not make your point without insulting innuendo? How do you mean I should remove sentiment and think straight? Pls stick to your points and avoid such remarks.

You obviously are not getting the point here in any case. Affidavit is not the matter under discussion here. What is under discussion is Buhari's certificate. He swore an Affidavit that the original certificates are with the military authority.

Yes INEC can accept Affidavit if he's lost his certificate, but swearing Affidavit that his certificate is with military authority is so wrong.

Nigerians are saying that's an abuse of the system. That he can request for the certificate or copies and present same. That' why this issue persists. How is this difficult to understand or how is this sentimental?

You probably didn't follow the whole issue in 2015. When PDP, the party in power then, was making a big issue out of the result, the army already reported then that they couldn't find his results in their records, they only found some other documents, including his recommendation letter from his then Principal. Some of those documents found and the response from the NA have already been reposted on this thread.

The fact that they couldn't find the certificates doesn't mean they were not submitted by him and nobody has claimed categorically that his certificate were not submitted. But we have some other retired soldiers like Jemibewon who said his original certificates were also submitted to the Army back then. And we are talking of papers submitted many decades ago. You should also know how poor we are in Nigeria with records kepping. I went to my primary school 3 yrs ago where I was the head boy while in school... And they have no single record I ever passed through the school. Only stories and excuses.

Even though he is now the commander in chief, is he going to line up all the people that were ever in charge of records keeping in the army, including the dead ones and order them to produce his results by force or by fire? You know that is not feasible.

When your results or important documents are lost or destroyed, you simply make a sworn affidavit to explain the situation.

If anyone disagrees with the affidavit, he can simply take you to court and produce a contrary evidence.

The onus lies on those who think he is lying to go to court and prove it. Same thing INEC has said.

The constitution didn't even say he must pass but should have at least have studied up to school cert or it's equivalent. That same argument was what PDP used to qualify Adeleke in Osun who had only an F9 and absents in all other subjects. But his school confirmed he studied till o/level and waec confirmed same.

Same thing that has been confirmed for Buhari by Cambridge that was in charge of O level then and the secondary school he went. If you want to see the new statement of result released by his school in 2015 andbthe reply from Cambridge just goggle it. It's in the public domain now.

If you think he is lying about his claim in his affidavit, please prove it. I really want to know why you people think he is lying.

Else, let's move on to other things.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by AnyoneButAtiku: 10:38pm On Oct 31, 2018
OAM4J:

You probably didn't follow the whole issue in 2015. When PDP, the party in power then, was making a big issue out of the result, the army already reported then that they couldn't find his results in their records, they only found some other documents, including his recommendation letter from his then Principal. Some of those documents found and the response from the NA have already been reposted on this thread.

The fact that they couldn't find the certificates doesn't mean they were not submitted by him and nobody has claimed categorically that his certificate were not submitted. But we have some other retired soldiers like Jemibewon who said his original certificates were also submitted to the Army back then. And we are talking of papers submitted many decades ago. You should also know how poor we are in Nigeria with records kepping. I went to my primary school 3 yrs ago where I was the head boy while in school... And they have no single record I ever passed through the school. Only stories and excuses.

Even though he is now the commander in chief, is he going to line up all the people that were ever in charge of records keeping in the army, including the dead ones and order them to produce his results by force or by fire? You know that is not feasible.

When your results or important documents are lost or destroyed, you simply make a sworn affidavit to explain the situation.

If anyone disagrees with the affidavit, he can simply take you to court and produce a contrary evidence.

The onus lies on those who think he is lying to go to court and prove it. Same thing INEC has said.

The constitution didn't even say he must pass but should have at least have studied up to school cert or it's equivalent. That same argument was what PDP used to qualify Adeleke in Osun who had only an F9 and absents in all other subjects. But his school confirmed he studied till o/level and waec confirmed same.

Same thing that has been confirmed for Buhari by Cambridge that was in charge of O level then and the secondary school he went. If you want to see the new statement of result released by his school in 2015 andbthe reply from Cambridge just goggle it. It's in the public domain now.

If you think he is lying about his claim in his affidavit, please prove it. I really want to know why you people think he is lying.

You have written all that needs to be said on the subject. grin

To detractors like @PointB and @engineerboat; I ask if Cambridge has ever denied the printout mentioned below?
Did the same examination board not set Fani-Kayode and other baggarts straight, when they ran up the 'anthills of the savannah' screaming "Hausa was not offered as a language"?

PREMIUM TIMES obtained the computer printout from Cambridge University as well as a statement of result, signed by the current principal of Katsina College, dated January 21, 2015.

The results show that Mr. Buhari, a former military head of state, failed in Mathematics and Woodwork, and had a pass in Literature in English.

The examination centre number was 8280, while Mr. Buhari’s candidate number was 002.

The statement of results is printed on the letter head paper of the Katsina State Ministry of Education, and it shows that the examination took place in 1961.

The Cambridge print out also shows the result of 17 other candidates at the centre, including Shehu Yar’Adua, a former Chief of Staff, Supreme Headquarters.
Source:[url]https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175384-breaking-katsina-college-releases-buharis-%E2%80%8Bwasc-results.html[/url]

Before you respond with the usual trite, bear in mind that Premium Times' investigative prowess is well known cheesy

Say no to #AtikulooterCONtinua
Say no to unreformed #Lootocrats
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by PointB: 9:11am On Nov 01, 2018
OAM4J:

Now that you have brought Cambridge into the matter, pls note there was never any Cambridge print-out attesting to the Oluwole result printed by kastina on his behalf. Rather, Cambridge insisted it was only Mr. Buhari who could request for any such print-out. Why hasn't he done so?

Now, it is very possible that Buhari indeed completed secondary school and submitted result which was eventually misplaced by the military (even possibly due to sabotage). On the other hand it is possible that Buhari did not complete secondary school, and dropped-out immediately he joined the army on the basis of the promissory note (recommendation letter) written by his principal.

Now, since the matter is at the core of his integrity, Buhari needs to involve Cambridge (the examination body) and ask for a re-print of his result. Or are you suggesting that Cambridge cannot issue a reprint for him, or that they to don't have records? It is his failure to do this basic thing that has raised the suspicion level to this current decibel.

http://www.thescoopng.com/2015/01/24/buhari-can-request-certificate-university-cambridge/

I am inclined to believe Buhari did not seat for the final exam in his secondary school, having gotten the 'recommendation letter'. He submitted nada! Other records he alludes to, are probably records of exercise or education after he had joined the military, with his 'recommendation letter.'
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by AnyoneButAtiku: 9:37am On Nov 01, 2018
PointB:

I am inclined to believe Buhari did not seat for the final exam in his secondary school, having gotten the 'recommendation letter'. He submitted nada! Other records he alludes to, are probably records of exercise or education after he had joined the military, with his 'recommendation letter.'

Oga PointB,

Stop clutching at straws, it makes a mockery of intelligence (cough cough) grin
Did you not read the excerpt I provided, which shows that Premium Times was able to obtain the master sheet published by Cambridge?

PREMIUM TIMES obtained the computer printout from Cambridge University as well as a statement of result, signed by the current principal of Katsina College, dated January 21, 2015.

Has that examination board disclaimed it at any point?

What about the remarks made by Alex Ajayi, the former registrar of WAEC who attests to issuing Buhari's certificate?

I took examiners to Cambridge for training across 10 years and trained them in Nigeria. I had the opportunity of issuing WAEC certificates to three former Heads of State: Buhari, Abacha and Babangida in the 60s. When I was in WAEC, I was put on the council of the University of Ife (now Obafemi Awolowo University) in 1966 by the national government of Aguiyi Ironsi.
Source:https://punchng.com/issued-buharis-waec-certificate-ex-registrar-86/

Remember now that this is the same distinguished sage who gave Christopher Okigbo (his friend) a letter of recommendation for a job, in the 60s (see excerpt I have attached)

Now I don't mind debating this subject with individuals who have the right tools of analysis, as I have a library of written information we can reflect on. What gores me are the poorly educated nitwits who are reposed with an inordinate estimate of their true abilities. The kind that is legion on NL. angry

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by PointB: 10:12am On Nov 01, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

Oga PointB,

Stop clutching at straws, it makes a mockery of intelligence (cough cough) grin
Did you not read the excerpt I provided, which shows that Premium Times was able to obtain the master sheet published by Cambridge?

Where is the 'master sheet'?

Besides, is Premium Times responsible for Buhari's certificate (or lack of it)?
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by AnyoneButAtiku: 11:38am On Nov 01, 2018
PointB:

Where is the 'master sheet'?

Besides, is Premium Times responsible for Buhari's certificate (or lack of it)?

You see how Cambridge (or OCR as it is now called) addressed the war cries of FFK and others back in 2015?

In a new post on its website, the university confirmed result grades for the examination in 1961 were issued in numbers, not letters, as suggested by critics of Mr. Buhari who have dismissed the results he presented as fabricated.

According to Cambridge, “Examination results were classed in grades from 1 to 9”.

“1, 2,3,4,5 & 6 indicate a Pass with Credit; 7 & 8 indicate a Pass; 9 indicate a Failure,” the school said.

Results tendered by Mr. Buhari shows he had credits in English Language, Geography, Health Science, Hausa Language; failed in Mathematics and Woodwork, and had a pass in Literature in English.

In its post, Cambridge said for candidates to qualify for its certificate in 1961, they needed to pass English, and not necessarily Mathematics.

To pass the School Certificate, candidates had to pass examinations in a variety of groups. It was compulsory to pass English Language, but not Maths, in order to gain the Certificate,” the university said.

The details followed intense controversy over whether Mr. Buhari, a former Head of State and retired Army General, completed his secondary education.

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175777-cambridge-university-provides-details-buharis-wasc-results.html

Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by PointB: 11:46am On Nov 01, 2018
AnyoneButAtiku:

You see how Cambridge (or OCR as it is now called) addressed the war cries of FFK and others back in 2015?

Source: https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/headlines/175777-cambridge-university-provides-details-buharis-wasc-results.html

Can you point me to a site where I can get a clearer picture of the that sheet.

As per how the grades are awarded, I'm not sure that's contested here. I was expecting to see where Cambridge indicated that they cannnot re-print Buhari's result if he requested for it.

So why hasn't Mr Buhari made this request.

Surely, you will agree with me that doing so will put this matter to rest?
Re: Breaking News: Buhari Entry Certificate Into Nigeria Army Eventually Found by AnyoneButAtiku: 11:53am On Nov 01, 2018
PointB:

Can you point me to a site where I can get a clearer picture of the that sheet.

As per how the grades are awarded, I'm not sure that's contested here. I was expecting to see where Cambridge indicated that they cannnot re-print Buhari's result if he requested for it.

So why hasn't Mr Buhari made this request.

Surely, you will agree with me that doing so will put this matter to rest?

Oga PointB,

It is right there in plain sight now...

If you’ve lost your OCR certificate, you can apply online for a replacement or a certifying statement. You’ll need to complete the application form online. We will then search for your records and send you:

A replacement certificate – for vocational qualifications, such as NVQs.
A certifying statement of results – for general qualifications, such as GCSEs or A Levels. This is an official copy of the final examination results held by us.
Source: https://www.ocr.org.uk/students/replacement-certificates/

You can get a replacement cert for vocational qualifications like NVQs, geddit?
For general exams like GCE, WASC, ...etc, a 'Certifying statement of results' is all that can be provided.
Now here is a riddle for you; since Cambridge was rather quick off the mark to address you and other TANoids directly in 2015, with the clarification contained in the screen shot I uploaded earlier, why has it not disputed the results posted by Katsina College?

P.S - Some of us are fully embedded in the system, so we know how it works first hand wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Buhari Lauds GDP 5.01% Growth In Q2 2021 / Depots, Marketers Subtly Push For Fuel Price Increment As Scarcity Bites Harder / Supreme Court May Sack Tinubu Over Shettima Double Nomination May 26

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.