Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,744 members, 7,827,744 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:10 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (67) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (279880 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Gidigidi3(m): 8:36am On Jan 19, 2020
okoroemeka:
looks like a one inch Venturi,how much did you got only the wenturi someone needs it

12k from Redrhino
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:36am On Jan 19, 2020
Gidigidi3:
Just to encourage everyone in your farming operation, whether big scale or small scale, keep innovatiing and learning, you will surely break even and make profit. I just figured out how to make my venturi injection system work and excited about it. Bye to building overhead tank for fertigation.

My 3 inches mud pump could pump water as far as 400meters uphill. Wow

Can you show me what a mud pump looks like pls??
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by numen(m): 10:38am On Jan 19, 2020
Please can you explain some of the problems of fertigation and shed more light on this "unique system of yours."

Thanks.

healthserve:

Haba. Who builds overhead tank for fertigation. Anyways like you said continous innovation is priceless. When I saw the problems fertigation would cause me during my planning phase, I came up with a unique system that doesn't even cost much at all. We all should keep improving like you said
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by healthserve(m): 10:45am On Jan 19, 2020
numen:
Please can you explain some of the problems of fertigation and shed more light on this "unique system of yours."

Thanks.

Some of the greatest problems with fertigation doesn't exclude:

1. Piping layout and costs

2. Very large expanse of lands would. Incur very large amounts

3. Even the water holding capacity has to be big enough to accomodate the area to be covered, not to forget that several of such sections have to be present in different sections of the land

After drawing these blueprint for an 100 acre round the year crop cultivation, I designed an efficient and cheaper alternative for myself. And. It's much more efficient and cost friendly than the traditional concrete pond and piping layout designs we see online. Agricukturists just need to semtep up the game employ the services of field experts and work will be done much more efficiently.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 10:53am On Jan 19, 2020
healthserve:

Some of the greatest problems with fertigation doesn't exclude:

1. Piping layout and costs

2. Very large expanse of lands would. Incur very large amounts

3. Even the water holding capacity has to be big enough to accomodate the area to be covered, not to forget that several of such sections have to be present in different sections of the land

After drawing these blueprint for an 100 acre round the year crop cultivation, I designed an efficient and cheaper alternative for myself. And. It's much more efficient and cost friendly than the traditional concrete pond and piping layout designs we see online. Agricukturists just need to semtep up the game employ the services of field experts and work will be done much more efficiently.
Pls would you mind sharing this cheaper alternative?? ...

3 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FMCASH(m): 1:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
Gidigidi3:

12k from Redrhino
contact
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 1:41pm On Jan 19, 2020
FMCASH:
contact

If the Venturi is #12k for 1 inches ,then it's not worth it. better buy 2 inches for s slightly higher price

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Gidigidi3(m): 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
Psalmy2cute:

Can you show me what a mud pump looks like pls??

This is it, I think it also has 2inches which is what truck water sellers use

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 4:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
Gidigidi3:

This is it, I think it also has 2inches which is what truck water sellers use
Ohh, I already have this..
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Gidigidi3(m): 4:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
FMCASH:
contact

Search for his handle here, he sells drip kits.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Gidigidi3(m): 4:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
Intendy:

If the Venturi is #12k for 1 inches ,then it's not worth it. better buy 2 inches for s slightly higher price

The size of the farm determines what is the best. This 1inch can easily fertigate an acre bearing in mind enough water pressure is needed to kick off the venturi.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Silvereze(m): 12:18am On Jan 20, 2020
healthserve:

Haba. Who builds overhead tank for fertigation. Anyways like you said continous innovation is priceless. When I saw the problems fertigation would cause me during my planning phase, I came up with a unique system that doesn't even cost much at all. We all should keep improving like you said

Please talk about it.. Would like to learn
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Silvereze(m): 12:27am On Jan 20, 2020
Gidigidi3:

Search for his handle here, he sells drip kits.

I've searched for Redrhino.. No luck..
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 4:29am On Jan 20, 2020
Silvereze:

I've searched for Redrhino.. No luck..

I sell 2 inches Venturi for the same price
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:03am On Jan 20, 2020
ifedola28:

I sell 2 inches Venturi for the same price
I will need one no discount for me?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yungbrym: 9:35pm On Feb 01, 2020
Haifa fertilizer is not in d market for now u can only get from people that have bought previously and have not used theirs
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:32pm On Feb 02, 2020
PROJECT GREEN SEAS at veggie city,it's incredible seeing one hectare of lovely healthy crops thriving in the middle of the harshest harmattan in the decade,we already have one foot across the finish line on this sector and we have planted another hectare and it's coming up nicely and after completely staking on the 2 sites,we will tackle the mother of all a 2 hectares behemoth a land so virgin that it has not been touched by man since God created earth,maybe we can even find Adam and eve inside.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by numen(m): 9:54pm On Feb 02, 2020
okoroemeka:
PROJECT GREEN SEAS at veggie city,it's incredible seeing one hectare of lovely healthy crops thriving in the middle of the harshest harmattan in the decade,we already have one foot across the finish line on this sector and we have planted another hectare and it's coming up nicely and after completely staking on the 2 sites,we will tackle the mother of all a 2 hectares behemoth a land so virgin that it has not been touched by man since God created earth,maybe we can even find Adam and eve inside.

grin grin

If you find him ask him "when he ate the apple, was he thinking with his head or blockos?" lipsrsealed undecided
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by TangoAlpha: 9:56pm On Feb 02, 2020
Okoroemeka
The excitement in your tone is palpable. The scale is huge. You have come a long way.

How many days apart were the two sections planted. I am assuming the crop in question is cucumber.

Have you given some thought to how to manage the scheduling of the harvests to avoid taking too many bags to market at any one time; especially in periods of glut?

Does this farm rely more on in house workers for the land prep, irrigation setup, planting, stake and trellis installation, daily management and the planned harvest? Or is it a blend of casual worker and in house workers?

I have some experience with high volume cucumber production. We can compare notes offline if you do not mind.

Cheers!

okoroemeka:
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 3:02pm On Feb 03, 2020
project green seas,site 2 coming up nicely,I cannot help but commend the guys labouring on this mega project they are simply incredible,never have I seen a mixture of so many tribes and nationalities working with one mind to achieve one purpose.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Feb 03, 2020
okoroemeka:
project green seas,site 2 coming up nicely,I cannot help but commend the guys labouring on this mega project they are simply incredible,never have I seen a mixture of so many tribes and nationalities working with one mind to achieve one purpose.

I hail ooo this project is massive but from my sad experience of weeds how do you intend to control that?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yungbrym: 9:03am On Feb 04, 2020
[quote author=LoFarms post=86355086]

Since they used raised bed weed shouldn't be a problem, power weeder can clear weed in between rows and manual weeding within the plants,I don't think they are in short of labor,especially wen ure doing a large project like this
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:58pm On Feb 04, 2020
numen:

grin grin

If you find him ask him "when he ate the apple, was he thinking with his head or blockos?" lipsrsealed undecided
why are you asking such an obvious question,who can stay with eve a woman that God made with his hands and still think with his head,you will think with your oblockos !!
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:10pm On Feb 04, 2020
TangoAlpha:
Okoroemeka
The excitement in your tone is palpable. The scale is huge. You have come a long way.

How many days apart were the two sections planted. I am assuming the crop in question is cucumber.

Have you given some thought to how to manage the scheduling of the harvests to avoid taking too many bags to market at any one time; especially in periods of glut?

Does this farm rely more on in house workers for the land prep, irrigation setup, planting, stake and trellis installation, daily management and the planned harvest? Or is it a blend of casual worker and in house workers?

I have some experience with high volume cucumber production. We can compare notes offline if you do not mind.

Cheers!

what we need is constant massive production we will not depend on one market alone,mile 12,Coke onitsha,warri,PH,bayelsa,ogbete enugu,Benin are all huge market if you have the means,all workers are farm employees properly housed in side the farm quaters and they are handling all aspect of the farm management except drip irrigation installtion.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 2:19pm On Feb 04, 2020
LoFarms:

I hail ooo this project is massive but from my sad experience of weeds how do you intend to control that?
well that's another advantage of drip irrigation I love,it will only supply water on the crop stem and the actual radius of irrigated area may not surpass 6 inches,so all surrounding area are starved with water and weeds don't grow,if you look at that pic you will understand,also during rainy season we will make effective use of post and pre emergence herbicide on any site 2 weeks before planting, Even if weeds will come it will be towards the end of the production cycle,nobody is interested in weeding 2-4 hectares of land , even with power weeder,no time for such work.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by OLUSESANFP(m): 6:07pm On Feb 04, 2020
Okoromeka, well done. Your post is always so educative. You are a natural teacher and one is never fed up on your thread. I wish somebody with too much over-estimated self-glory could learn from you. But no way. Too much self conceit. please keep this up. I learn a lot on your thread. God bless.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Feb 04, 2020
OLUSESANFP:
Okoromeka, well done. Your post is always so educative. You are a natural teacher and one is never fed up on your thread. I wish somebody with too much over-estimated self-glory could learn from you. But no way. Too much self conceit. please keep this up. I learn a lot on your thread. God bless.

That self proclaimed God has finally left NL.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Adamma91(f): 10:18pm On Feb 04, 2020
okoroemeka:
well that's another advantage of drip irrigation I love,it will only supply water on the crop stem and the actual radius of irrigated area may not surpass 6 inches,so all surrounding area are starved with water and weeds don't grow,if you look at that pic you will understand,also during rainy season we will make effective use of post and pre emergence herbicide on any site 2 weeks before planting, Even if weeds will come it will be towards the end of the production cycle,nobody is interested in weeding 2-4 hectares of land , even with power weeder,no time for such work.
nwanne weldone, I have following your thread for long now, I think this year will not pass me, I try this cucumber farm, just be ready for me because mma enye obere nsogbu. Jisike na olu
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by editoreben: 6:00am On Feb 05, 2020
funsoul:

Exactly. The only unique thing about the market here is I can only sell as low as 4k cos we don't have many cucumber farmers in the state. Even during the glut period when they get from the north, the eventual landing cost makes it around 5k and of course the bagging is different
please I need buyer from ilorin
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Psalmy2cute(m): 5:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
okoroemeka:
Sir, is it possible for cucumber plant to self pollinate?? I just read below

1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by kunleweb: 6:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
OLUSESANFP:

I concur. The Op is a pure teacher. Humble and focused.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 1:03am On Feb 06, 2020
Adamma91:
nwanne weldone, I have following your thread for long now, I think this year will not pass me, I try this cucumber farm, just be ready for me because mma enye obere nsogbu. Jisike na olu
thank you,ada mazi,hope you will bring kola for the oracles

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) (69) (70) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.