Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,723 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:13 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (90) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278494 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Hasib04(m): 3:48pm On Jul 12, 2020
I have Cabri Duo but I poured little on a leave it get burned, that's why I am afraid to use it.

I think maybe because I didn't dilute it, I bought it last year.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by damoceile: 11:42am On Jul 13, 2020
okoroemeka:
commercial ugu farm during the rainy season is not a good idea because of the simple economics of supply and demand,any Tom ,dick and Harry will have ugu now for sale because of ease of production,but let it be from November to April,I doubt if you will even have enough for local marketers talkess of advertising for external buyers

Hello sir pls is darina a male flower producing cultivar?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Emmafly(m): 5:05pm On Jul 13, 2020
okoroemeka:
commercial ugu farm during the rainy season is not a good idea because of the simple economics of supply and demand,any Tom ,dick and Harry will have ugu now for sale because of ease of production,but let it be from November to April,I doubt if you will even have enough for local marketers talkess of advertising for external buyers

Thank you for the advice.
Though I had intention of selling the leaves based on promises here and there especially from the so called market. but you know, until your product is ready before you know your customers behavior. I then realized that the law of demand and supply governs market behavior and not relationship. they suddenly started changing their mind. I even decided to give them on 2 weeks credit but they are even reluctant to receive it. I can imagine how oyingbo will be flooded with vegetables by now plus the extortion in the name of registration with the union. I have decided to use it for seed production to fortify my dry season November farming if I do not get a good market for it. may God keep us till then. but anyone still interested can call my no. 08183549869.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by austinomd(m): 5:23pm On Jul 13, 2020
Have you tried leaving any ugu plants for seeds to come out before now? I'm asking because the few ones i planted are over six months now, only 2 plants showed signs of pod formation and the tiny fruits usually gets dry and fall off after a few weeks, the rest have just been showing only flowers. Kindly share knowledge if you have any experience in pod production.

Also if you plan to start selling leaves from November then i don't think you can wait for your own plant to produce pods before you plant.

Emmafly:

Thank you for the advice.
Though I had intention of selling the leaves based on promises here and there especially from the so called market. but you know, until your product is ready before you know your customers behavior. I then realized that the law of demand and supply governs market behavior and not relationship. they suddenly started changing their mind. I even decided to give them on 2 weeks credit but they are even reluctant to receive it. I can imagine how oyingbo will be flooded with vegetables by now plus the extortion in the name of registration with the union. I have decided to use it for seed production to fortify my dry season November farming if I do not get a good market for it. may God keep us till then. but anyone still interested can call my no. 08183549869.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Emmafly(m): 5:39pm On Jul 13, 2020
austinomd:
Have you tried leaving any ugu plants for seeds to come out before now? I'm asking because the few ones i planted are over six months now, only 2 plants showed signs of pod formation and the tiny fruits usually gets dry and fall off after a few weeks, the rest have just been showing only flowers. Kindly share knowledge if you have any experience in pod production.

Also if you plan to start selling leaves from November then i don't think you can wait for your own plant to produce pods before you plant.

I do not plan to sell leaves by November. I plan to start planting by November so that my leaves will get ready by January. then I will sell throughout the dry season. I have access to at least 2-3 acre swamp for that and I tend to utilize it very well. though it depends on accessibility to and cost of seeds at that time.

on seed formation, you need to apply fertilizer especially potassium and calcium based fertilizer if your plant exhibit such symptoms. Ugu will naturally start to produce if you leave it for that length of time without disturbing it. though, from experience, you need to have cut it for at least 3-4 times before leaving it for seed.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by timmond: 7:59am On Jul 14, 2020
oyo007:
I've achieved more than 10fruit before but with Saira east west seed
. Is the seed f1
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by timmond: 8:04am On Jul 14, 2020
Hasib04:
I have Cabri Duo but I poured little on a leave it get burned, that's why I am afraid to use it.

I think maybe because I didn't dilute it, I bought it last year.
. Pls I need to buy cabrio-duo and DI Grow (red) ASAP I'm in Lagos 08065762679
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by austinomd(m): 12:24pm On Jul 14, 2020
Thanks for the tip, i will look for fertilizer before weekend and apply some, i have only applied manure and urea before now. though i have cut some more than 4 times, is there still hope for those ones to produce pods?

On your intention to start planting by Novembermber, i would suggest you start planting a bit earlier if you have the means, ugu gets very expensive between November and April and still sells fairly in May. that gives you 6-7 months of good sales, but if you start planting by November, and start harvest by January, the plants will need up to another one month to start producing at high capacity, that leaves you with a maximum of 4 months for sales with good price.

Emmafly:

I do not plan to sell leaves by November. I plan to start planting by November so that my leaves will get ready by January. then I will sell throughout the dry season. I have access to at least 2-3 acre swamp for that and I tend to utilize it very well. though it depends on accessibility to and cost of seeds at that time.

on seed formation, you need to apply fertilizer especially potassium and calcium based fertilizer if your plant exhibit such symptoms. Ugu will naturally start to produce if you leave it for that length of time without disturbing it. though, from experience, you need to have cut it for at least 3-4 times before leaving it for seed.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 11:03pm On Jul 14, 2020
okoroemeka:
If you look at the nutrients chart you will agree with me that wood Ash will be beneficial to a heavy feeder like cucumbers,we have already mixed wood Ash from a nearby oil mill into the manure we will apply tomorrow on our crops and see what will happen

Using Wood Ash as Fertilizer and Soil Ammendment
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 11:08pm On Jul 14, 2020
Hasib04:
Good afternoon, I have used Ridmoil Gold on my cucumber farm, and I have cut some leaves infected by DM, and it affected some fruits.

I still noticed sigh of DM on some leaves, what should I do now?.

Don't prune out too much leaves as that will reduce yield. In case of next time, apply fungicides preventively. And use different fungicides in rotation.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Hasib04(m): 12:30am On Jul 15, 2020
FarmTech:

Don't prune out too much leaves as that will reduce yield. In case of next time, apply fungicides preventively. And use different fungicides in rotation.

Thanks.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by komoland: 7:27pm On Jul 18, 2020
Pls I need Tokyo cucumber pls can you send it to Ibadan.
Intendy:
Murano 2f1 currently available can be waybilled via DHL or young shall grow . selling price #14,700

Tokyo is readily available too
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Intendy: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2020
komoland:
Pls I need Tokyo cucumber pls can you send it to Ibadan.

You can reach me on 0+8+0+3+2+5+6+3+ 2+ 8+ 3
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by NAGR: 11:48am On Jul 19, 2020
Do you sell herbal or agricultural-related products?

Take advantage of the opportunity to register on *https://community.agrobeam.com/* and upload your products to
have an online presence and connect with millions of buyers globally.

Also buyers can click on *www.agrobeam.com* to browse through, compare and select from a list of products of interest.

Be a part of the Online Agricultural Community.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 9:49pm On Jul 19, 2020
what can be the cause of this pls. I noticed it after spraying my cucumber with zforce and ridomil gold

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 9:50pm On Jul 19, 2020
what can be the cause of this pls.
I noticed it after spraying my cucumber with zforce and ridomil gold

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Stellberry33: 1:25am On Jul 20, 2020
Hello Everyone,
Pls I just noticed this on my cucumber leaves, they're 19 days old. Pls what could be the cause, I attached a picture.
Thanks

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 9:46pm On Jul 23, 2020
Stellberry33:
Hello Everyone,
Pls I just noticed this on my cucumber leaves, they're 19 days old. Pls what could be the cause, I attached a picture.
Thanks
I have had a similar experience in the past but it was not serious. Did you use recommended dosage and did you sprayed when the sun was shinning?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by 88joshua99: 10:49pm On Jul 23, 2020
Greet ur all , I sell better Red Oil in 25Lits kegs and Ogbono in 50kg or which ever size, I can supply ur anywhere, just place ur order , 09037898227/ 08085311745, locations Abakaliki in Ebomyi State , Oluyole estate Ibadan in Oyo state.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by DAVIDMOE(m): 4:00pm On Jul 24, 2020
after today's stressful harvest

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 8:37pm On Jul 24, 2020
DAVIDMOE:
after today's stressful harvest
you deserve some bottles of cold Budweiser and goatmeat pepper soup,well done,but I am seeing habaneros,tatashe and other crazy looking pepper varieties,make sure you use punch insecticide weekly or worse biweekly to fight off mites, aphids,thrips and all joy killers in between.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by DAVIDMOE(m): 8:58am On Jul 25, 2020
okoroemeka:
you deserve some bottles of cold Budweiser and goatmeat pepper soup,well done,but I am seeing habaneros,tatashe and other crazy looking pepper varieties,make sure you use punch insecticide weekly or worse biweekly to fight off mites, aphids,thrips and all joy killers in between.
the pepper seeds where locally sourced thats why it's mixed up. though I will be buying your scorpion for next year.

the price of pepper this year is heartbreaking

quantity of pepper sold ₦1,200 last year is now selling for only ₦400 �

I have decided not to apply chemical again because this pepper farm is not giving me joy
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 10:14am On Jul 25, 2020
DAVIDMOE:
the pepper seeds where locally sourced thats why it's mixed up. though I will be buying your scorpion for next year.

I have decided not to apply chemical again because this pepper farm is not giving me joy
prices differ from location to location,one garri painter of pepper in my area is #1000-1200 naira for one.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by tpben: 11:21am On Jul 26, 2020
DAVIDMOE:

That's what you get when everyone does pepper.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by frankedoka: 3:19pm On Jul 26, 2020
aquadude15:
what can be the cause of this pls.
I noticed it after spraying my cucumber with zforce and ridomil gold

I have had similar experience in my farm last year.
You sprayed high concentration of the product under the hot sun. That's why.
It will clear on its own. Do not panick but don't stress the plants again.

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by calixjabs(f): 2:23am On Jul 29, 2020
Good day all
My pepper nursery is 3 weeks old and the stem is still tiny, I was wondering if it because of the rain that falls everyday.
Also I was considering pruning and transplanting by 4th week.
2nd am planning of chicken drop all through cause I have excess hope it's okay,
3rd my friend cucumber farm is being attacked by snail different insecticides has been applied yet no result any recommendations.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by eenweke12: 8:32am On Jul 29, 2020
Am interested in cucumber farming. Based in Ibadan. I need to visit any cucumber farm in Oyo for on-field training
WhatsApp: 07061061729
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dmz1: 9:15pm On Jul 29, 2020
please great farmers, i need somebody to take me through watermelon farming. i secured a piece oof land and i am thinking of cultivating watermelon on it.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 9:38pm On Jul 29, 2020
how are we coping with this irregular rain fall

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 11:33pm On Jul 29, 2020
calixjabs:
Good day all
My pepper nursery is 3 weeks old and the stem is still tiny, I was wondering if it because of the rain that falls everyday.
Also I was considering pruning and transplanting by 4th week.
2nd am planning of chicken drop all through cause I have excess hope it's okay,
3rd my friend cucumber farm is being attacked by snail different insecticides has been applied yet no result any recommendations.
Transplant at 6-9 weeks. Don't prune leaves, only the flowers or fruits that appear when the plant is too young. Chicken dropping alone is good. I wish I have excess too. For snail, trap them with beer in a buried can - so that they fall in and drown. Or u can buy iron phosphide.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 11:34pm On Jul 29, 2020
aquadude15:
how are we coping with this irregular rain fall
Irregular? It is too much in my area.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 5:51am On Jul 30, 2020
FarmTech:

. Irregular? It is too much in my area.
its being close to 3weeks of no rain here in onto stàte

(1) (2) (3) ... (87) (88) (89) (90) (91) (92) (93) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.