Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,266 members, 7,811,759 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:01 PM

500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. - Agriculture (96) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. (278078 Views)

Akwa Ibom Government Boosts Cocoa Farming With 500,000 Seedlings / 200 Graduates Get N74m, Free Land In Ogun / Irrigation For One Plot Of Land on Low Budget? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (127) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:53pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Murano2F1 easily ripped off as in how??

Okoroemek suggested cu999 as a good pollinator for Murano2F1

What's the duration of cu999
murano2f1 has thick flesh and very small seed cavity,it can ripe and spoil in 2-3 days if the cuke is wet when harvested, any slight bruise the fruits is gone bad next day

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nezzjnr: 7:57pm On Aug 27, 2020
okoroemeka:
murano2f1 has thick flesh and very small seed cavity,it can ripe and spoil in 2-3 days if the cuke is wet when harvested, any slight bruise the fruits is gone bad next day
I thought it is a very nice variety

Which one comes in place of it
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by 4words: 8:03pm On Aug 27, 2020
Nezzjnr:

Murano2F1 easily ripped off as in how??

Okoroemek suggested cu999 as a good pollinator for Murano2F1

What's the duration of cu999

It turns yellow on time. You might see alot of mixture of green and yellow cucumber. Abokis don't like this, they like their cucumber pure green.

Yes cu999 can act as a pollinator.

For cu999 durstion, You should go to market at 40 to 45 days.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by 4words: 8:08pm On Aug 27, 2020
Just like okoroemeka said, I am equally done experimenting, Cu999 and greengo is my choice.

I heard one guy harvested Jorad 3 times and he was feeling like God... I just laughed. When I harvested my greengo and cu999 about 7 times. Every 4 days. I had to give out the 8th to my labour. Yet, I didn't apply top management.

I have learnt the hardest way jare
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Nezzjnr: 8:28pm On Aug 27, 2020
4words:

It turns yellow on time. You might see alot of mixture of green and yellow cucumber. Abokis don't like this, they like their cucumber pure green.

Yes cu999 can act as a pollinator.

For cu999 durstion, You should go to market at 40 to 45 days.
That means it matures the same time as Murano2F1
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 11:26pm On Aug 27, 2020
You guys are worried about which dark green cucumber cultivar to plant, grin grin grin if you were in my place, then you'd commit suicide seriously angry sad we do light green cucumbers around here, and these cultivars are mainly monoecious (strong male flowering) and we have little to choose from, it's really sad and annoying over here o
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by chigomiced: 11:31pm On Aug 27, 2020
Abeg

I need this cu 999 seed..

Egole

okoroemeka:
I cannot experiment with any unproven variety again,cu 999 is very flexible and can be grown for specific market,proper spacing of 50-60cm and good fertilization program will give you dark greenish cukes also you can choose to harvest from 40-44 days to get medium sized cukes.with good management cu999 never fails to give good yields,but some varieties even with top notch management their yields are miserable,an example is when we planted lion seed and cu 999 on same land and same management but the lion seed gave 60% less than cu999,it is incredible to see healthy green crops with no cucumbers to harvest, incredible!!!
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by pipi84(m): 7:20pm On Aug 28, 2020
ideepaul:
You guys are worried about which dark green cucumber cultivar to plant, grin grin grin if you were in my place, then you'd commit suicide seriously angry sad we do light green cucumbers around here, and these cultivars are mainly monoecious (strong male flowering) and we have little to choose from, it's really sad and annoying over here o

In portharcourt, cu999 can only be profitable during the dry season and bad market for raining season.... Every state has a specific variety of cucumber that is marketable there and so I always recommend to farmers to do a market research of which type of variety is preferable.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ANOCETS: 7:51pm On Aug 28, 2020
@okoroemaka @4words @ideepaul and co

What is the fertigation regime for Cucumber using venturi?
How often and a d how long do i irrigate using 3liters per hour drip tape?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 7:54pm On Aug 28, 2020
ANOCETS:

Boss I am a novice when it comes to drip and all it entails
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 7:57pm On Aug 28, 2020
pipi84:

In portharcourt, cu999 can only be profitable during the dry season and bad market for raining season.... Every state has a specific variety of cucumber that is marketable there and so I always recommend to farmers to do a market research of which type of variety is preferable.
Almost the same thing here, but Nandini is preferred to cu99, just my personal observation
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 7:00am On Aug 29, 2020
ANOCETS:

during the first 4 weeks we use a high nitrogen fertilizer like Haifa or maxiforce and fertigate weekly or every 5 days,but from flowering we switch to potassium nitrate or multi k for fruiting and flowering,but apart from balanced ferts like Haifa and co we experimented with urea46% nitrogen as a replacement for more costly Haifa and maxiforce and the results were simply unbelievable,I didn't believe it is possible for a plant to grow so fast and so healthy,we used half painter roughly 2.5kg of urea to 100 ltrs of water we set the Venturi to the lowest setting and fertigated 500 meters(1666 crops) in roughly 30 mins and we switched to another 500 meters with another 100 ltrs urea stock mix and the results were better seen to believe.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by adescopy(m): 2:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
okoroemeka:
during the first 4 weeks we use a high nitrogen fertilizer like Haifa or maxiforce and fertigate weekly or every 5 days,but from flowering we switch to potassium nitrate or multi k for fruiting and flowering,but apart from balanced ferts like Haifa and co we experimented with urea46% nitrogen as a replacement for more costly Haifa and maxiforce and the results were simply unbelievable,I didn't believe it is possible for a plant to grow so fast and so healthy,we used half painter roughly 2.5kg of urea to 100 ltrs of water we set the Venturi to the lowest setting and fertigated 500 meters(1666 crops) in roughly 30 mins and we switched to another 500 meters with another 100 ltrs urea stock mix and the results were better seen to believe.
Is urea now easily available
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 5:54pm On Aug 29, 2020
adescopy:
Is urea now easily available
yes of course,it is npk 151515 that is not available,urea is #13k per bag of 50kg indorama urea
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ANOCETS: 7:55pm On Aug 29, 2020
okoroemeka:

Thanks so much
God bless
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by FarmTech(m): 10:47pm On Aug 29, 2020
okoroemeka:
yes of course,it is npk 151515 that is not available,urea is #13k per bag of 50kg indorama urea
N13k? Min of agric Anambra sells for N7k. What makes that one more special?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 10:59pm On Aug 29, 2020
FarmTech:

N13k? Min of agric Anambra sells for N7k. What makes that one more special?
7k? That's a govt subsidized price!
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 7:11am On Aug 30, 2020
pls what is the average life span of a cucumber plant before it wither off and die
reason I am asking is because my cucumber plant only last for 2month from the date of germination before they wither off.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Yemighty2(m): 9:08am On Aug 30, 2020
Can anybody pls help me get a tin of cucumber only cu99(50g) in Lagos.
0seven0899zero607.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by benardj3(m): 1:02pm On Aug 30, 2020
How can one get cu999 in Jos ....... although I don't know if the market in Jos will like the variety....... because they like dark green cucumbers here
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by essay007(m): 2:39pm On Aug 30, 2020
ideepaul:
7k? That's a govt subsidized price!
You ever visited the ministry at Uyo before? Do they have quality stuff there?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Emmafly(m): 3:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
aquadude15:
pls what is the average life span of a cucumber plant before it wither off and die
reason I am asking is because my cucumber plant only last for 2month from the date of germination before they wither off.

From my own experience, it is between 8-10weeks. at 8 weeks, the fruit/seed production becomes zero while the leaves starts turning yellow rapidly.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Ezekiella: 4:44pm On Aug 30, 2020
Emmafly:

From my own experience, it is between 8-10weeks. at 8 weeks, the fruit/seed production becomes zero while the leaves starts turning yellow rapidly.
I thought it's 12 weeks ?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Ezekiella: 4:48pm On Aug 30, 2020
okoroemeka:
Good evening sir
Please sir, to use a fertigator, must one raise an over head tank ? For a drip tapes connected directly to the water pump ,won't the pressure from the pump be too much if the water will pass through fertigator to get to the drip tapes ?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by ideepaul: 7:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
essay007:

You ever visited the ministry at Uyo before? Do they have quality stuff there?
Yes they do! But it's always not what I need at that particular point in time.
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:22pm On Aug 30, 2020
aquadude15:
normal production of a well managed cucumber crop is 7-8 times harvest every 4 days which means 7×4=28 days of harvest + 46 days it took to grow =74 days in total,but we have harvested 10 times before in a sack farm

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:34pm On Aug 30, 2020
Ezekiella:
Good evening sir
Please sir, to use a fertigator, must one raise an over head tank ? For a drip tapes connected directly to the water pump ,won't the pressure from the pump be too much if the water will pass through fertigator to get to the drip tapes ?
a very interesting question,you don't have to raise an overhead tank to use your drip or less the tank is already in place,we connected our Venturi close to the pump and the pressure was much,the Venturi was not sucking,so we installed it on the PVC off take pipes for connecters with a distance of roughly 50-60 feet between Venturi and pump it started working perfectly.and from our findings it is better to use 5.5 hp water pumps to run drip tapes,the water pressure can power 1000 meters at once and deliver 4 ltr per hour at each single emitter.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by dmz1: 10:36pm On Aug 30, 2020
please i need this disease in my cucumber to be identified and the solution[img]please i need this disease in my cucumber to be identified and the solution[/img]
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by Ezekiella: 2:53am On Aug 31, 2020
okoroemeka:
a very interesting question,you don't have to raise an overhead tank to use your drip or less the tank is already in place,we connected our Venturi close to the pump and the pressure was much,the Venturi was not sucking,so we installed it on the PVC off take pipes for connecters with a distance of roughly 50-60 feet between Venturi and pump it started working perfectly.and from our findings it is better to use 5.5 hp water pumps to run drip tapes,the water pressure can power 1000 meters at once and deliver 4 ltr per hour at each single emitter.
Thank you sir for this explanation. May God bless you abundantly. The cost of overhead tank now can buy more drip tapes for a farmer. Thank you sir.

Please sir,if I want to fertigate granular npk,can I use the same measurement you used for urea ? 2.5kg to 100 litres of water ?
Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:09am On Aug 31, 2020
dmz1:
please i need this disease in my cucumber to be identified and the solution[img]please i need this disease in my cucumber to be identified and the solution[/img]
download the PLANTIX app on Google play store,it will help you identify and tackle issues in crop production,just take a good pic of the diseased crop and the app will diagnosis the problem with treatment options,but the name of their agrochemicals are different,you can't get it easily but you can take the name of the active ingredients and look for similar product in the local market.

2 Likes

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by okoroemeka(m): 9:18am On Aug 31, 2020
Ezekiella:
Thank you sir for this explanation. May God bless you abundantly. The cost of overhead tank now can buy more drip tapes for a farmer. Thank you sir.

Please sir,if I want to fertigate granular npk,can I use the same measurement you used for urea ? 2.5kg to 100 litres of water ?
a 1 hp borehole pump can only open effectively 500 meters drip tape at once,but a 5.5 hp pump can open 1000 meters or more very effective at once,I don't think it is a good idea to fertigate NPK fertlizer through drip tapes, because the npk filler is mostly made from soil materials and it can block the emitters causing huge problems,pls use only water soluble fertilizers like urea,Haifa, maxiforce, potassium nitrate,plantzyme,boostxtra.and also as a reminder super gro is not a fertlizer.

1 Like

Re: 500,000 Naira From One Plot Of Land In 90 Days. by aquadude15: 11:08am On Aug 31, 2020
okoroemeka:
a 1 hp borehole pump can only open effectively 500 meters drip tape at once,but a 5.5 hp pump can open 1000 meters or more very effective at once,I don't think it is a good idea to fertigate NPK fertlizer through drip tapes, because the npk filler is mostly made from soil materials and it can block the emitters causing huge problems,pls use only water soluble fertilizers like urea,Haifa, maxiforce, potassium nitrate,plantzyme,boostxtra.and also as a reminder super gro is not a fertlizer.
thanks boss

(1) (2) (3) ... (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) (99) ... (127) (Reply)

The A-Z Of Snail Farming In Nigeria (what Nobody Will Tell You For Free!) / ... / Xmas Broiler Broading In Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.