Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,214 members, 7,829,356 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 04:30 AM

''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays (857 Views)

Men Are Afraid To Date Me. They Think I Am A Transgender - Bearded Tanzanian / Miss Sahhara: Being Born In A Country Hostile To Gays & Transgender Makes Me Sad / Meet Jacqueline Obed Aka Poshyqueeen: Curvy Tanzanian Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Nobody: 10:00pm On Nov 01, 2018
Paul Makonda, governor of Tanzania's largest city, Dar es Salaam, vowed on Monday to begin mass arrests of “homosexuals in our city” starting on Nov. 5.

"I have received reports that there are so many homosexuals in our city, and these homosexuals are advertising and selling their services on the internet," Makonda said in a video posted to YouTube. "Therefore, I am announcing this to every citizen of Dar es Salaam: If you know any gays ... report them to me,” he said in the clip, which was translated from Swahili by CNN. Makonda then distributed a phone number so citizens could report gay people.During the press conference, Makonda also warned international organizations and other countries not to interfere, saying Tanzania has its own “norms.”

“He was proud of himself," the LGBTQ activist said of Makonda. "He said this shows how people hate" gays.Many gay people in the city could "not sleep since Monday," the activist told NBC News, adding that the fear of vigilantism is high.

"We know our community," he said. "Once the community starts something like that … they always taking action by their own. Homosexuality is punishable in Tanzania by a prison sentence of 30 years to life, one of the harshest punishments in the world for same-sex intimacy, according to Human Rights Watch (HRW).

Source:https://www.nbcnews.com/feature/nbc-out/report-them-me-tanzanian-official-asks-residents-help-hunt-gays-n929741?cid=ed_npd_bn_fb_bn
Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
A right step in a right direction, I must say.

2 Likes

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 01, 2018
coming soon

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Nobody: 10:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
This is a good move
Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by NwaAmaikpe: 10:09pm On Nov 01, 2018
shocked

This is unfair.
Why is Africa so retrogressive?

Why can't we love gays.
Some of our fathers are gay,
Some of our brothers are,
Some of our pastors are,
Some of our neighbors are
Some of our colleagues are
Some of our spouses are,
Some of our kids are,

If we demonize them how do we get them to get out of the closet and embrace their God-given heritage?
God created each one of us uniquely.
Some like orobo while others like lepa,
Some like amala while some like Semo.

Why do we respect some preferences and segregate against some?
It breaks my heart when I see the LGTB community treated like this.
This is worse than apartheid
It is worse than racism,
It is worse than the worst of them all
But it will stop one day.

In Jesus name.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Nobody: 10:28pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is unfair.

Why can't we love gays.
Some of our pastors are,
Some of our spouses are,
Some of our kids are,

If we demonize them how do we get them to get out of the closet and embrace their God-given heritage?

It is worse than racism,

In Jesus name.
will you kipkwayet

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by OkpaAkuEriEri(m): 10:32pm On Nov 01, 2018
Bannin homo is d best thin buhari do 4 us
Homo is taboo hw cn Lalasticlala trip 4 felow man mynd44 wen beta woman Oyindidi dey.
I h8 homo.I cn evn do d untnkable if I sea dem
Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Derawiz(m): 10:45pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is unfair.

Why can't we love gays.
Some of our pastors are,
Some of our spouses are,
Some of our kids are,

It is worse than racism,

In Jesus name.

With the way your senseless post flies around Nairaland these days,I won't be surprised if your small physique dwarfs the height of your reasoning !

1 Like

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Nobody: 10:50pm On Nov 01, 2018
Jail all of them.
Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by CAPSLOCKED: 10:58pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is unfair.

Why can't we love gays.
Some of our pastors are,
Some of our spouses are,
Some of our kids are,

It is worse than racism,

In Jesus name.

A M E N.

2 Likes

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Amakababe(f): 11:02pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is unfair.

Why can't we love gays.
Some of our pastors are,
Some of our spouses are,
Some of our kids are,

It is worse than racism,

In Jesus name.
you always behave stupid but I ignore, but when ur stupidity gets to encouraging homosexuality, I'll have to call u a fool, halt you and free you from your foolishness.
homosexuality is disgusting and natural, no one can bend natural rules. not you nwaamaikpe, not anyone.
homosexuals should be stoned to death when caught, my honest contribution.

2 Likes

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by deedy111: 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is unfair.

Why can't we love gays.
Some of our pastors are,
Some of our spouses are,
Some of our kids are,

It is worse than racism,

In Jesus name.

I pray one of them locates you and disvirgin that your ass hole.

With the dysentery wey the worry you, I can imaging wetin him go pack grin

2 Likes

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Amakababe(f): 11:04pm On Nov 01, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

A M E N.
type it and feel good. why won't u scream amen when someone is supporting your perversions fool.

2 Likes

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by CAPSLOCKED: 11:08pm On Nov 01, 2018
Amakababe:
type it and feel good. why won't u scream amen when someone is supporting your perversions fool.

THANKS FOR TELLING ME HOW AWESOME YOU FEEL I AM, AND HOW YOU'VE ALWAYS WISHED YOU COULD GET A CHANCE TO TALK TO ME, GET MY ATTENTION, AND COMPLIMENT MY GOOD LOOKS AND ALLURING INTELLIGENCE. smiley
Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by deedy111: 11:13pm On Nov 01, 2018
CAPSLOCKED:

THANKS FOR TELLING ME HOW AWESOME YOU FEEL I AM, AND HOW YOU'VE ALWAYS WISHED YOU COULD GET A CHANCE TO TALK TO ME, GET MY ATTENTION, AND COMPLIMENT MY GOOD LOOKS AND ALLURING INTELLIGENCE. smiley

One of them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Oyindidi(f): 11:38pm On Nov 01, 2018
OkpaAkuEriEri:
Bannin homo is d best thin buhari do 4 us
Homo is taboo hw cn Lalasticlala trip 4 felow man mynd44 wen beta woman Oyindidi dey.
I h8 homo.I cn evn do d untnkable if I sea dem
Maintain your lane
Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Nobody: 4:37am On Nov 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is unfair.

Why can't we love gays.
Some of our pastors are,
Some of our spouses are,
Some of our kids are,

It is worse than racism,

In Jesus name.
Spot on
Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Nobody: 4:39am On Nov 02, 2018
Being Gay is unnatural.. But I don't hate gays and it would be nice if everyone just leave them be..

1 Like

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by clapbest(m): 4:41am On Nov 02, 2018
My hate for this group of people ehhhhn
Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by obonujoker(m): 6:18am On Nov 02, 2018
Honestly gays are just very stupid... Anytime I reason a man trying to sleep with a man, I just feel like using Cutlass to puncture them in my imagination... like una dey mad??

Of all the boobs and feminine ass wey dey this world...

I wish Nigeria can start hunting this gays too...
Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Klinee: 7:17am On Nov 02, 2018
NwaAmaikpe:
shocked

This is unfair.

Why can't we love gays.
Some of our pastors are,
Some of our spouses are,
Some of our kids are,

It is worse than racism,

In Jesus name.
Moderators should immediately take down this comments, it violate the rules of this Nairaland and Constitution of the country.
Nwa amaikpe' s comments have to be coordinated, this comments is intolerable.
Gay is barbaric and deserves death penalty!!!

1 Like

Re: ''Report Them To Me" Tanzanian Govt Hunt Gays by Ayobami7(m): 10:46pm On Nov 04, 2018
we don hear

(1) (Reply)

Wife Blasts Husband Over His Other Room Performance / Help A Friend: Is He Being Scam By Benin Asewo!? / Are There Any ALPHA Females

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.