Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,130 members, 7,811,193 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:52 AM

12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment (1400 Views)

7 Hardest Part Of Marriage You Won’t Be Told / A Lady Not Earning At Least N150k A Month Shouldn’t Think About Marriage - Joro / Why Are Women More Excited About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by jesais24(m): 8:25am On Nov 02, 2018
12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know to Avoid Marital Disappointment

1. Marriage is an achievement.

Well, nowadays, most married people hide their wedding rings- the symbol of their "achievement". Who hides an achievement?

2. Marriage brings happiness.

If you are unhappy and depressed as a single, then marriage will only elevate your descent into the kingdom of Prince Melancholy, Queen Frustration and their absolute monarch King Suicide!

In other news, happiness comes from within, and not from anyone else.

Maybe you thought people divorce their spouses out of happiness, for example-
"O my marriage is so great. I love my wife so much. She's the nicest woman on earth. That's why I need to divorce her".
Or
"I ended my marriage because my husband was too lovely. He made me happy everyday and I didn't like it".

Does an intending couple make a vow to make each other happy?

3. "Your partner should be attractive"

Sexual attraction is temporary. So what will you do when your Prince Charming that swept you off your feet (figuratively) becomes Dracula and sweeps you off your feet (literally)? Or when the slay queen that drove you crazy with her beauty and curves starts driving you mad with her character?

4. There are certain qualities you must possess in order to find a spouse

Some say:
"No woman will marry a lazy man, so you must be hardworking!"
I know many lazy married men.

"You should always look good to better your chances of finding a husband". What about the multitude of good-looking single ladies and facially challenged (aka ugly) married women?

5. Marriage helps you manage your income

Very true. There two things involved here: income and expenditure. What are the chances of your income increasing when you get married? You don't earn a promotion for getting married! Now, what are the chances that your expenditure will increase when you get married? Well, do you need to get married before your expenditure increases? The day you tell a girl "I love you", your expenditure starts to increase. If you can't manage your income now that you have only your one stomach to fill, how then can you, when you have four or five stomachs to fill?

6. Marriage takes away loneliness

Loneliness is not a product of being alone. It's a product of being with the wrong person. A dog will also feel lonely in a herd of sheep. So try to settle down with the "right" person. And be sure he/she is very right, like righteously right, (and will still be right 5 years later) or divorce may be your portion.

7. "Our marriage will work because we love each other".

That is to say that all couples who divorce hated one another when they got married.

Some will say things thus "O it wasn't true love. It was lust".
Alas! So a 34 year-old bearded man will propose marriage to a lady [he has slept with] out of lust; pay the bride price, out of lust; bear the burdens of a lavished traditional marriage ceremony and church wedding, out of lust; make a vow to spend the rest of his life with her, out of lust; accept her weaknesses and defects, out of lust; carry her innumerable burdens on his shoulder, out of lust! No. Never. It was love all the way; albeit the truth is that love is not enough to make anything work, let alone a union of two grown up human beings who never knew each other from Adam or Eve.

8. Marriage makes one responsible

Our society tells you that married men are responsible. And I agree, provided that these are the attributes of a quintessential responsible man:
a. A responsible man may beat his wife whenever he's angry
b. A responsible man may never take the blame for his children's ribaldy
c. A responsible man may cheat on his wife, since it's in the nature of responsible men.

9. Marriage changes people positively

It's rather the APC kind of change: change that makes things worse. A stingy guy becomes a miser. A lazy girl becomes a house wife. A verbal-abuser become a wife-beater.

10. Marriage makes you a real man/ real woman

Touché! Now I know why fake men and fake women always desire to get married. I understand their predicament.

11. Marriage elongates your life span

Yeah. That's why married Nigerian men always live long. They always outlive their wives, don't they?

12. Marriage is compulsory: It's for everybody

It's too bad that our society thinks marriage is a mandatory exercise. Ironically, it's the people suffering in their own marriages that keep mounting the pressure on the single ones to get married. Wickedness!

13. Marriage is for better, for worse

No more. Now it's for better, for best. Nobody wants to suffer in marriage nowadays. Feminism has taught women that they are equal to their husbands. How can you admire the sophistication of modern women and expect from them the submission of ancient women?

14. Any man can get married

Only men who can tolerate women can get married. If you can't stand being insulted by a woman, you have no office in the marriage institution.

3 Likes

Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by Tenn88: 8:41am On Nov 02, 2018
grin

1 Like

Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by CreepyBlackpool: 8:44am On Nov 02, 2018
me that has made up my mind to never get married

God cannot give me dstv and I'll restrict myself to watching only one channel till I die sad

1 Like

Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by Headlesschicken(m): 8:51am On Nov 02, 2018
grin Nice one,nice points buh d truth of d matter x dat most folks nowadays only focus on the wedding n not d marriage itself,a wise man once told me that marriage x a union in which those in it are looking for a way out,n those not yet in it are looking for a way in... grin madness..

2 Likes

Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by acenazt: 8:57am On Nov 02, 2018
LMAO I'm going to be two face
Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by obotblitz(m): 8:58am On Nov 02, 2018
Bless you

1 Like

Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by LewsTherin: 9:08am On Nov 02, 2018
You know what they say
"Marriage halves your griefs, doubles your joys and quadruples your expenses"

1 Like

Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by KevMitnick: 10:00am On Nov 02, 2018
So what should we do with the information you have dropped? Why don't you tell us something positive...
Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
I like and endorse the OP's message. Well done!

1 Like

Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by jesais24(m): 4:12pm On Nov 03, 2018
KevMitnick:
So what should we do with the information you have dropped? Why don't you tell us something positive...

It's quite positive. It aims to help you avoid marital disappointment.
Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by Justbeingreal(m): 6:38pm On Nov 03, 2018
The op sarcasm in explaining this is on point....

Marriage ain't no achievement. Apart from having kids I see no other excitement there in bringing the opposite sex to come take away my privacy and add her whahala to my life till death do us part....

The thing nor easy jare that's why u go still see 60yrs man that's been married for 30+ years saying he wish he knew e 4 nor marry.

If not for kids that thing be like prison. No matter how the love be seeing each other daily a lot of things must fade away.

The package nor easy.

1 Like

Re: 12 Lies About Marriage You Should Know To Avoid Marital Disappointment by TheShopKeeper(m): 6:41pm On Nov 03, 2018
...very, very true article...

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

:) / When You Can No Longer Scream During This.......and Then This Happened / Lady Who Gives Nudes For Money Gets $700k In 48 Hours

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.