Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,961 members, 7,817,818 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 PM

Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? (11452 Views)

Bishop Oyedepo: It's Wrong To Allow People In Market And Not In Church / Seminarian Onyekachukwu Martins Converts Nonbelievers To Christians In Akwa Ibom / Why It Is Wrong To Be Addressed As "Daddy G.O" And The Likes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by koolaid87: 3:26am On Nov 03, 2018
asuustrike1:

There is nothing wrong in taking herbs but when the herbs is linked to idolatry, it becomes a problem. Many herbalist are idolaters hiding under the umbrella of selling herbs. This is why many Christians dodge from taking it. Many prefer to prepare the herbs themselves

Herbalist is herbalist. They don't hide under any herbs whatsoever.

Good one contributes his profession to the well-being of the society and nothing is wrong with that.

Most of the best brain in the world that invented series of innovations are either Satanist or in an occultic group worshipping whatever that suits them, Does that stop you or your pastor from using their innovations??

Be real with yourself and don't be dogmatic and don't be eager to tarnish our traditional gifts from the almighty

Peace

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Nobody: 3:28am On Nov 03, 2018
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by WetinConsignMe: 3:38am On Nov 03, 2018
Dadadavid12:

hair when he was in the womb. So the man recommended herbs for the baby and the hair which was inside the baby was out through the man simple incantations. now the baby is alive.

Who told u Xtians don't take herbs. What we r against are those incantations and ties to the occult, paganism, and idols. We appreciate herbs as God's gifts and many drugs are made from them
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by xtivin2: 3:46am On Nov 03, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
Nope it is not wrong provided the following are adhered to.

1. There should be a dosage for what you take cos each body system has its own elastic limit. So question is can you guarantee the dosage? Cos most people do more damage to their systems with immeasurable quantity of these local herbs they ingest than good.

2. Can you confirm that some fetish things and vudu were not added. We are Africans and we like catalysing our things traditionally. When some incantations have been made on the so called Herb it definitely carries another spirit and Christians don't believe in such.

Most of our tablets are derived from herbs so no worries in taking herbs if you can guarantee those two things up.

I am Holy spirit filled born again Christian and I take simple ones made at home like bitter leaf Herb, efirin(curry), dongoyaro tree leaf. But I don't buy outside to take because I can't guarantee how those ones are made.
That's why Paul said "ask no question for conscience sake"...as a Christian, if we are to be asking questions on the issues you raised am afraid life will be miserable.herbs is very good when mixed with faith.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by seedorfg(m): 3:49am On Nov 03, 2018
Hmm

1 Share

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Nobody: 3:55am On Nov 03, 2018
Jah made plants then he made man jah Rastafarians smoke herb to jah
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Nobody: 4:03am On Nov 03, 2018
Reasonable to ask.

Herb is organic treatment but drugs, as long as they are from organic sources are processed herbs, but if the drugs are not from organic sources, it is not worth a try.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by AreaFada2: 4:20am On Nov 03, 2018
That an educated person is asking this question raises many questions on its own.

I would have expected expected questions about possible side effects, knowing the correct dosage, avoiding allergic reactions, safe use of herbs, knowing the herbs given are actually the ones they are said to be, getting professional homeopathic/herbal medicinal care, etc.

Until around 40 years ago, herbs were still very widely used as agbo for malaria and other ailments. Those of a certain age will have had them as kids. Dongoyaro/neem trees, Mango trees, lime, cashew tress, banana trees, turmeric and others grew around the back of the house. Making your agbo was easy.

It was very hard to overdose on them as most would easily excreted. The amounted of active ingredients washed out by boiling were well within processing capacities of the body (mostly liver & kidneys). Unlike those chemically extracted in the lab/industry that are far more potent.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by PROPHETmichael: 4:32am On Nov 03, 2018
Dadadavid12:
Many Christians today did not believed in herb. They always says blood of Jesus is enough to heal them. My question
1. Who created the Herbs?
2. why did the herbs created ?
3. Is it a sin if Christian takes the herbs ?

Some pastors says it is not good to tell their members to take herbs while they took the herbs secret in their own house. why is it like that ?
This is a story of a pastor who has a member that is going through pains because her baby was seriously ill and she took her baby to her pastor, her pastor pray and prayed but no solution the pastor also read some psalms, burnt it and mixed it with pap for the child but nothing works.
A man came and saw the baby and said this sickness is from the womb that the baby ate hair when he was in the womb. So the man recommended herbs for the baby and the hair which was inside the baby was out through the man simple incantations. now the baby is alive.
please my people contribute to this topic.
pastors are taking herbs privately but they don't want to tell their members when they need help when sick. They said they don't want their members to call them herbalist ...
please contribute .......

WHAT IS THE GREATEST NATURAL HEALER ON THIS EARTH?

It is a medicinal herb, made by God!

And this amazing healing herb can:

Inhibit and prevent cancer, build bone, fight osteoporosis, fight against bacteria and viruses, reduce inflammation in the body, relax the blood vessels, lower blood pressure, prevent the formation of blood clots, stop irregular heartbeat, improve blood flow in the coronary arteries, balance blood sugar levels, lower cholesterol, fight cold, flu, herpes, candida, malaria, polio, psoriasis, allergies, colds, tuberculosis and various infections

You absolutely must know this ancient healing secret so you and your family can partake of its health-building benefits!

"And the leaf thereof for medicine" (Ezekiel 47:12).

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO BE HEALED FROM EVERY AILMENT?

The Word of God, prayer and medicinal herbs.

It's just that simple.

But those pharmaceutical devils in white lab coats want to profit off your ignorance by pumping you with expensive, toxic pharmaceutical drugs.

Be not deceived!

There is a divine cure for every illness.
........................................................................................................................

"The Lord hath created medicines out of the Earth; and he that is wise will not abhor them. With such doth He heal men, and taketh away their pains" (Ecclesiasticus 38:4,7).
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by RoyalStyles2020: 4:35am On Nov 03, 2018
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by sacajawea: 4:45am On Nov 03, 2018
kingphilip:
the potency of any type of medication whether herbs or drugs is in the believe on the one taking it

if you believe say you no go well for any drug, take am for donkey years even if e work for everybody, e no go work for you
You are a Bastard and A Scammer. Trust me You will die Young from a Terminal Illness let's bet
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by adelee777: 4:51am On Nov 03, 2018
Using herbs as a Christian is not bad. But when incantations are involved (as shown in your story), then that is beyond the use of herbs. It has become demonism, which is a sin.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by mechanics(m): 4:53am On Nov 03, 2018
There is nothing wrong there if recommended to take it.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by exlink10(m): 5:13am On Nov 03, 2018
kingphilip:
the potency of any type of medication whether herbs or drugs is in the believe on the one taking it

if you believe say you no go well for any drug, take am for donkey years even if e work for everybody, e no go work for you

what are u even saying self? Can u actually hear yourself?

what do u mean that the potency of any drugs or herbs depends on ur believe? Chai.. people no go kill me.

So all the different drugs in the market depends on ur believe to work?

if not this is still morning eh, i for tell u how myopic ur brain is this morning.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Ruddyman(m): 5:15am On Nov 03, 2018
coldsummer:
If blood of Jesus can make you a millionaire without working or having any skills, why would it not heal everything. grin grin grin grin

Even the disciples of Jesus that knew him more than us never used his blood. They died as human executed them. Blood of Jesus didn't come to their rescue

You won't understand, How will you understand with this carnal reasoning and interpretations of the disciples deaths
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Hotzone(m): 5:25am On Nov 03, 2018
Herb is medicinal including sister maryjane, u know!
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by computerglobal(m): 5:29am On Nov 03, 2018
bush112:
Genesis 9:3
"Every moving thing that is alive shall be
food for you; I give all to you, as I gave
the green plant.( Igbo weed all na herb

Haha u be dey talk well but u con add stew join wetin u talk grin grin
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by AngelicBeing: 5:35am On Nov 03, 2018
mknigeriagreat:
Nope it is not wrong provided the following are adhered to.

1. There should be a dosage for what you take cos each body system has its own elastic limit. So question is can you guarantee the dosage? Cos most people do more damage to their systems with immeasurable quantity of these local herbs they ingest than good.

2. Can you confirm that some fetish things and vudu were not added. We are Africans and we like catalysing our things traditionally. When some incantations have been made on the so called Herb it definitely carries another spirit and Christians don't believe in such.

Most of our tablets are derived from herbs so no worries in taking herbs if you can guarantee those two things up.

I am Holy spirit filled born again Christian and I take simple ones made at home like bitter leaf Herb, efirin(curry), dongoyaro tree leaf. But I don't buy outside to take because I can't guarantee how those ones are made.
Gbam, well said

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by IMASTEX: 5:42am On Nov 03, 2018
vaxx:
Most medicine are originally from herbs". Authough they are some from animal and mineral sources as well.

Infact drugs such (aspirin, Morphium, Tamoxifen, Vin­cris­tin, etc.) were originally derived from botanical material.and therefore herbs. Any pastors warnning his members not to take herbs is only acting stupid ( i am not sorry for my choice of word)
Seconded
Many Nigerians are the most naive set of people on earth. This is so because many don't read, the few ones that read don't also understand. I.e. at the point of getting an ATM it is stated clearly, "didn't reveal your card info to anyone" including the banker given you the card. Even the banker will verbally tell you & ask you to go right always to the ATM to change your pin. Yet, some will just call that same person on the phone to easily request & get the details. It is also the same reasons politicians will just change an old wine in a new bottle. And the people will still fall for it. Religious aspect is the worse. . .

1 Like

Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by Empiree: 5:42am On Nov 03, 2018
vaxx:
Most medicine are originally from herbs". Authough they are some from animal and mineral sources as well.

Infact drugs such (aspirin, Morphium, Tamoxifen, Vin­cris­tin, etc.) were originally derived from botanical material.and therefore herbs. Any pastors warnning his members not to take herbs is only acting stupid ( i am not sorry for my choice of word)
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by SYNGY(m): 5:51am On Nov 03, 2018
t
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by amalab30(m): 5:51am On Nov 03, 2018
Personal experience here. Growing up in Agege, we had this neighbour, they attended one of the Apostolic churches and they're not permitted to watch television and also prohibited to take drugs.

These guys in turn make oil out of plenty coconut to give their son. Whatever to avoid using drugs. Our caretaker's daughter died as a result of this

Fastforward to 2017, after over 17 years of not seeing each other, she came to Abuja and put up at my place, she narrated how God saved her from a deadly accident and she was rushed to the hospital and was saved (drugs and major surgeries were administered, she took them).

Now when my family visited Lagos to see my parents, we decided to check their family out too in Ikorodu, lo and behold, these guys have Television now.

My conclusion is. Whatever rocks your boat but ensure everything to stay alive. We need you alive.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by duality(m): 6:11am On Nov 03, 2018
Dadadavid12:
Many Christians today did not believed in herb. They always says blood of Jesus is enough to heal them. My question
1. Who created the Herbs?
2. why did the herbs created ?
3. Is it a sin if Christian takes the herbs ?

Some pastors says it is not good to tell their members to take herbs while they took the herbs secret in their own house. why is it like that ?
This is a story of a pastor who has a member that is going through pains because her baby was seriously ill and she took her baby to her pastor, her pastor pray and prayed but no solution the pastor also read some psalms, burnt it and mixed it with pap for the child but nothing works.
A man came and saw the baby and said this sickness is from the womb that the baby ate hair when he was in the womb. So the man recommended herbs for the baby and the hair which was inside the baby was out through the man simple incantations. now the baby is alive.
please my people contribute to this topic.
pastors are taking herbs privately but they don't want to tell their members when they need help when sick. They said they don't want their members to call them herbalist ...
please contribute .......

Please give details of the incantations made.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by bush112(m): 6:11am On Nov 03, 2018
computerglobal:

Haha u be dey talk well but u con add stew join wetin u talk grin grin
na true talk na
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by PeaceTeam: 6:24am On Nov 03, 2018
bercarray:
ha ha, most nigerian pastor's use herb, all of them being deceiving us that they call the blood of Jesus and they feel good, forgetting they've used one drug or the other b4 calling blood of Jesus,same way they say thank you Jesus when a successful operation is done by a surgeon I'm not saying blood of Jesus isn't working o, but if jesus wants to be fair most Nigerian pastors aren't worth to be answered only few if not none have a real relationship with God, even most of em churches with schools e.g covenant,redeemer, jabu etc offers medical courses. If u give pastor a herb and he alternate it for drugs, let him know he still take the herb in a packaged way and if he didn't use both, wait till next day and see u make money on what u gave him free before

op I'm not good at english too o,I might make a mistake up there sef, but ur title to "is it wrong to introduce ......" not "is it a wrong to introduced"

U no well ...n'a so u take finish d guy wey introduced us to d topic?
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by kareemkamil(m): 6:27am On Nov 03, 2018
Fake religion, Fake pronuoncition of YEHESUHA name as Jesus, 99% of christenity teaching are false. Black man research and wise up.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by downloadproject(f): 6:30am On Nov 03, 2018
no
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by banhammy: 6:34am On Nov 03, 2018
What of Agbo Jedi?
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by mknigeriagreat: 6:45am On Nov 03, 2018
xtivin2:

That's why Paul said "ask no question for conscience sake"...as a Christian, if we are to be asking questions on the issues you raised am afraid life will be miserable.herbs is very good when mixed with faith.

When mixed with faith good. But when mixed with other devilish things as always bn done it is injurious to your belief as a Christian. Call a spade a spade. For made herbs for us and yes as a Christian you can use it. But when diluted with spirits just to increase the potency of the Herb then you are on your own.
Re: Is It A Wrong To Introduced Herbs To Christians ? by mknigeriagreat: 6:50am On Nov 03, 2018
kareemkamil:
Fake religion, Fake pronuoncition of YEHESUHA name as Jesus, 99% of christenity teaching are false. Black man research and wise up.

How can a black man breakthrough in his research with bombshell of grammar potential research students like you just dropped. If you can't construct good and correct lines how will the black man make way in life? We that call our Jesus "Jesus" are even better than you. Why is the name we call out saviour your headache? When you have polished your grammar up then you can objectively be qualified to debate topics with us here. Do you think we are uneducated?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Should A Christian Respond To Chain Letters? / God Told Me To Tell You This Or That / Manna Still Falls From Heaven In Angola

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.