Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,062 members, 7,810,955 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:26 PM

4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid (31798 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Marriages Are Crashing In The UK / Many Nigerian Marriages Have Ended Long Ago – Pastor Kinsgley Okonkwo / 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 02, 2018
TooNoisy:
Money is a major cause of problems for African marriages, so intending couples should discuss about how family expenses will be paid. There is no perfect remedy, all I can is that couples need to be open, transparent and fair to both parties. Your priority should first of all be your immediate (nuclear) family, and outsiders should be a distant second especially when you start having children.

Having said that, the man should even be more prudent in spending money. Women have needs that men will never have, so it is important for a man to understand these needs and ensure that his wife looks and feels good with herself - depending on what he can afford. I also encourage couples to invest early and wisely, property and shares are a good place to start.

Dear parasite, you made no sense.

Men shouldn't be responsible for your needs as long as you have a job

1 Like

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by ednut1(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
yettymuse:
When you talk about double standards. You get it correctly! Everybody go dey alright sha

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Icon79(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
Apparently, this was written by a US based Nigerian because when did Nigeria start having credit score and student loans?

O pari

1 Like

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by armyofone(m): 1:53pm On Nov 02, 2018
What's wrong if he is in his house? Betcha wake up to 21st century! !

chris31:

I dey pity u guy
Na ur type woman dey turn to houseboy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by armyofone(m): 1:54pm On Nov 02, 2018
grin or paying bills?

Icon79:
Apparently, this was written by a US based Nigerian because when did Nigeria start having credit score and student loans?

O pari
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Icon79(m): 1:56pm On Nov 02, 2018
KPOM!

O pari

armyofone:
grin or paying bills?

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Nobody: 2:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
tuwayz:
I just hope Nigerian ladies will listen to this, but many will not because of this african mentality that have got deep in them that a man is responsible for all the bills at home, so pathetic.
Not all of them those with Good home training know that a woman ought to be financially independent at least even if she is yet to be she should have sellable skills that can earn money While many of them are only good in browsing and making phone calls

2 Likes

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by sweetilicious(f): 2:06pm On Nov 02, 2018
wink2015:

INSTEAD OF RUSHING TO GO AND TAKE PRE-WEDDING PHOTOS.

Couples should spend their time reading motivational books and get themselves educated on how to manage their marriage.

Pre-Wedding photos will not save a marriage problem it is just for the fun of the moment then later you are faced with the true challenges of marriage.

@Opinionated

Thanks for the share!
1,3 AND 4 has been an understanding i have inculcated on how to manage finances effectively so as to retire with something to fall back on at old age.N0 2, is a question i dont know how to get an answer.If i have saved up and acquired a piece of land registering my sister as my next of kin before i get married,do i tell my husband in future? And if i must,do i change the next of kin to my children or to him? Finances is the N0 2 thing that should be discussed and agreed upon by new couples.It is one of the foundations that should be taken seriously.

1 Like

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by dabiton: 2:17pm On Nov 02, 2018
What are the problems that women have that men will never have? Mensturation? How much does that cost?
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by dabiton: 2:21pm On Nov 02, 2018
TooNoisy:
Money is a major cause of problems for African marriages, so intending couples should discuss about how family expenses will be paid. There is no perfect remedy, all I can is that couples need to be open, transparent and fair to both parties. Your priority should first of all be your immediate (nuclear) family, and outsiders should be a distant second especially when you start having children.

Having said that, the man should even be more prudent in spending money. Women have needs that men will never have, so it is important for a man to understand these needs and ensure that his wife looks and feels good with herself - depending on what he can afford. I also encourage couples to invest early and wisely, property and shares are a good place to start.

Bikonu, and am asking in all honesty...what needs do women have that men will never have? ..

2 Likes

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by olujastro: 2:30pm On Nov 02, 2018
dabiton:
What are the problems that women have that men will never have? Mensturation? How much does that cost?
Women spend so much money on makeup despite that we men are not interested in their art-crafted faces looking like the rainbow.
I don't know who told them that makeup makes them look beautiful, because it always looks disgusting to me and my male friends.

My observation has been...the more interested a woman is in makeups, the emptier her brain.

3 Likes

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Nobody: 3:59pm On Nov 02, 2018
GOFRONT:
shocked

Ordinary date wen I dey date my girlfriend, she wan use her younger brothers' wahala kill me....

Abeg I wan marry lady wen no get younger brothers n sisters......I don learn
bro Your Own good.. mine girlfriend mum want to kill me with my babe expenses.. Because I said I want to marry, her responsibility has suddenly become mine.. she want to go back to school, they send list of things to me.. I have to give her 30k today.. The mum will still call me today when I get home from work..
I'm tired..
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by BIXYBABE: 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
Elder0001:

Most Nigerian women work but still don't contribute.

Be realistic
Women should contribute when d man is ready to contribute in d house chores......cook,sweep, wash clothes and plates and also back der children. No one is a slave
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by joycluv: 4:01pm On Nov 02, 2018
!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by BIXYBABE: 4:05pm On Nov 02, 2018
Getting married is not by force is by choice. if u know u won't be able to cope with ur partner. Remain single no be dandan. I hate nonsense
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by 2buffagain(m): 4:40pm On Nov 02, 2018
obajoey:
Wife be like 'his money is our money, my money is my money' sebi na jejely i dey my papa house wey him con carry me.

As if she wouldn't have been praying and fasting if he didn't. Mchewww

1 Like

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by naijacentric(m): 5:00pm On Nov 02, 2018
joycluv:
Men are failures from the very beginning of the world: Adam was put in the garden to keep it and for Eve was created to keep him company and help him. What happened? Adam left his duty post which gave the serpent space to come around in d first place. Ok. After God had shared the punishments, women are serving their own till today, the serpent is serving its own till today but what about men? As common as fend for their families, what do see? complaints every where. Sha.....**m....****e on men! Plz don't quote diz comment. Let's see yours!
mumu
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by InvertedHammer: 5:09pm On Nov 02, 2018
/
There is more to it.

Just like acoholics and gamblers, a shopaholic is equally bad in a relationship. Lack of contentment will definitely lead to many vices that will crash a marriage.

/
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Nobody: 5:16pm On Nov 02, 2018
MrHighSea:
Better bare it all, IF TRUST HAVE BEEN ESTABLISHED.
When there is dough, let her know, pop champagne.
When dough depletes, let her know, share a bottle of coke.
If she vex, she is wrong.
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 02, 2018
joycluv:
Men are failures from the very beginning of the world: Adam was put in the garden to keep it and for Eve was created to keep him company and help him. What happened? Adam left his duty post which gave the serpent space to come around in d first place. Ok. After God had shared the punishments, women are serving their own till today, the serpent is serving its own till today but what about men? As common as fend for their families, what do see? complaints every where. Sha.....**m....****e on men! Plz don't quote diz comment. Let's see yours!
Tell them o, they have been trying to push their punishment to eve since independence
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Nobody: 5:19pm On Nov 02, 2018
Danty37:

bro Your Own good.. mine girlfriend mum want to kill me with my babe expenses.. Because I said I want to marry, her responsibility has suddenly become mine.. she want to go back to school, they send list of things to me.. I have to give her 30k today.. The mum will still call me today when I get home from work..
I'm tired..
it is called being a man, if you want to quiy, you can become bobrisky.
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by MrHighSea: 5:51pm On Nov 02, 2018
funmisticqueen:
Mtcheeeeeeeeeeew
Not wat a slay Mama expected
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by 2buffagain(m): 5:55pm On Nov 02, 2018
funmisticqueen:
it is called being a man, if you want to quiy, you can become bobrisky.

No, it is called being a FOOL.
He hasn't married her yet so these are not his responsibilities.
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by wolexter(m): 6:07pm On Nov 02, 2018
Nice
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by GetCofOProperty: 6:25pm On Nov 02, 2018
Thanks for this piece.

Let's Guide You To Acquiring Your Genuine Lands &Properties in Your Choice Location With PEACE OF MIND and Withing Your Budget.
Visit Our Ikeja Office (On Olu Koleosho Street, Medical Road Off Awolowo Way). Call/Whats App +234(0)8027390046. Check Our Signature Below And Click The WhatsApp Link To Chat Us DIRECTLY.
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by joycluv: 6:48pm On Nov 02, 2018
naijacentric:
mumu
. Failure

1 Like

Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Sike(m): 7:23pm On Nov 02, 2018
But why always money?
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by djon78(m): 7:48pm On Nov 02, 2018
Money matters is very important in marriage.
I believe that before a man gets married he should have serious financial plans and money management.
Intact a man should be on top of his financial game to enjoy marriage.
He should have streams of income
Income is not just only job. But business and investments by the side.

Then running the home there will always be a budget and financial planning.
Then the woman must play her part. If she is working, her money should be rightfully channeled for the common good of the home.

If a man is on top of his financial game. The woman will have no option than to fall in line. But most times, men easily falter in this area and then women take them for a ride.
And many men are not trained financially. And honestly if you are not a good financial manager, you cannot be rich, and you can not teach your kids on how to manage money.
If you can manage money, you can easily pass it down to your children and you will create a linage of wealthy seeds. This is one of Africa's major problem. Many are suffering as a result of the way there parents raised them in attitude to money.

The Jews are very good in this. They early train there children on managing money, thereby leaving a wealthy legacy for there generation.
I remember reading an article about Facebook founder zuckerberg, many years ago that he was raised with a lot of Jewish families, that most of them were already dollar millionaire when they were in there late teens, 19years.
The same thing with Trump's son in law Jared, he was already handling multi million dollar deals as far back as his early twenties.

Bottom line, develop your financial managing skill as a man, and you will create a linage of wealthy legacy for your kids and there kids.
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Abdbaba: 8:48pm On Nov 02, 2018
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by inas911(m): 10:50pm On Nov 02, 2018
nice one
Re: 4 Money Problems In Nigerian Marriages To Avoid by Franklyine: 12:25am On Nov 03, 2018
GOFRONT:
shocked

Ordinary date wen I dey date my girlfriend, she wan use her younger brothers' wahala kill me....

Abeg I wan marry lady wen no get younger brothers n sisters......I don learn
By the time she will have children her head will reset.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerian Lady Begins Search For Her Mother Who Went Missing 28 Years Ago. Photos / Role Of A Woman In Her Home And To Her Husband / Wife Sets Husband On Fire For Molesting Her 7 Year Old Daughter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.