Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,751 members, 7,817,081 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:48 AM

Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) (13471 Views)

Reno Omokri: Peter Obi Is Ingrate For Not Appreciating The Pastors' Election Sup / Throwback Video Of Obasanjo Appreciating Tinubu's Achievements as Governor. / Sullivan Chime Visits Chimaroke Nnamani In Enugu (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by Nobody: 6:30am On Nov 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
as far as Nigeria is concerned, only few cities can match Enugu, Nigeria cities are crappy

My argument remains that this government has messed up the good works of the last administration. Enugu is fast losing its beauty
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by awgumayor: 6:32am On Nov 04, 2018
Duru1:

You must be able to separate Urban from City. In Nigeria, Urban is our city hence the electric pole and tension cables all over the skyline. Africa in general and Nigeria in particular have not reached the level of running tension cables under the ground. Africa countries, maybe baring RSA, cannot boast of under ground tension cables, potable water, gas and waste water.
You know what I was talking about. All these things you mentioned that African countries can not boast of except South Africa, are they impossible? In the east erosion is our major problem and the cause is unguided water falls, why can't we build drainage systems to guide the waters to stop causing erosions. What makes a house strong is the foundation, what makes a city or urban strong is also it's foundation. If the foundation is not right building fine fine houses will not make it look nice in the eyes of civilized people. (Biko nu maka ndi na-asi haters haters onweghi ife dika hater ma o bu tribal, a chorom ka Enugu bu Obodo m dika obodo oyibo.) Lets get Enugu planned to be attractive to the outside world.

2 Likes

Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by Nobody: 6:39am On Nov 04, 2018
justjeff:

My argument remains that this government has messed up the good works of the last administration. Enugu is fast losing its beauty
that's not true, though I will also say that this government concentrated more on Nsukka axis but still holds the tradition of establishing standard real estate projects. it's not easy trying to maintain roads too, Ugwuanyi is trying.

you will also agree with me that Abakpa and Trans ekulu axis have witness face-lifts since Ugwuanyi came on board. No city today aside Abuja can match the organization of Enugu
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by awgumayor: 6:48am On Nov 04, 2018
slimthugchimee2:

Lolz neighborhoods of tyko japan
Your types are the kind of visionless leaders we have in this Country, always seeing negative, doing negative, acting negative. If you are given the opportunity to rule Enugu State that will be the kind of Tokyo you will replicate in Enugu. My friend, if you know what is right let those who don't know it know it. A lot of Nigerians don't know what development is all about they thought its seeing big big buildings is development. Any day Nigerians start demanding for basic amenities is the day their leaders will start providing them.
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by Nobody: 11:32am On Nov 04, 2018
nwabekeyi:
that's not true, though I will also say that this government concentrated more on Nsukka axis but still holds the tradition of establishing standard real estate projects. it's not easy trying to maintain roads too, Ugwuanyi is trying.

you will also agree with me that Abakpa and Trans ekulu axis have witness face-lifts since Ugwuanyi came on board. No city today aside Abuja can match the organization of Enugu

Please tell me another story.
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by Prosperchuks1344(m): 12:18pm On Nov 04, 2018
IzuAgu:
What did this one smoke? Get out
[s][/s]
ezibida
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by Prosperchuks1344(m): 12:26pm On Nov 04, 2018
TedExNairaland:
beautiful topography.. Enugu(city on the Hill) if you know, you know
are u sure this is Enugu? its beautiful!!
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by danwilliams4u(m): 11:48am On Nov 11, 2018
Enugu Amaka
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by IGBOSON1: 1:51am On Oct 02, 2019
The pics are nice. Just hope the present gov't is maintaining the infrastructure, greenery and cleanliness of the city!

This thread was from last year. Can anyone in presently Enugu confirm things on ground remain as shown in the pics?

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by horsepower101: 2:17am On Oct 02, 2019
Enugu is a city that I slowly fell in love with.

If we Igbos can join hands and develop that city to world class, it will attract so many tourist from all over the world.

It already has the beautiful natural scenery.

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by IGBOSON1: 2:26am On Oct 02, 2019
horsepower101:
Enugu is a city that I slowly fell in love with.

If we Igbos can join hands and develop that city to world class, it will attract so many tourist from all over the world.

It already has the beautiful natural scenery.

What the city needs now is: intra-city rail; at least one expansive park; a working int'l airport with links to the rest of Africa, the Americas, Europe and the far east; and finally, a central business district with a few highrise buildings. With these, other Nigerian cities wouldn't see its breaklights!

3 Likes

Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by Chimok: 8:33am On Oct 02, 2019
justjeff:
Stop posting only the neat parts of the town. This present government has done nothing in Enugu town. Bad roads everywhere, dead street lights, faulty traffic lights. Visit places like achara layout, idaw river, proda road, akwuke road, ebony paint road, just to mention but a few. That's roads are death traps. The past administration gave Enugu it's value. Which it's fast losing due to poor maintenance culture of this govt. I laugh when media praises Enugu state. Ebonyi state should be rated far better than Enugu state.
shut ur mouth. which city in d world doesn't have slum?

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by Chimok: 8:57am On Oct 02, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

nnaa eh this ur pics wil send all afonja scurrying to their holes. One thing about Igbos is the penchant for the best. They hate second hand when they can get first class. All those aesthetic places in Lagos and other major cities in the country are developed and occupied by Igbo people. Nigeria in General know, the rest of Nigeria will be a shithole should Igbo leave to form their own country
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by IGBOSON1: 2:48am On Oct 08, 2019
A quick drive though Okpara Avenue, Enugu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hss4v1_1TXA

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by OruExpress: 5:33am On Oct 08, 2019
slimthugchimee2:

in your shriveled mind, this is ok because it's 'tyko japan'.
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by sweetonugbu: 8:24am On Oct 08, 2019
We're talking of individuals effort and you are talking about government,left to Nigeria government and politiciansall Igboland will become ghetto and slum
Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 09, 2019
IGBOSON1:
The pics are nice. Just hope the present gov't is maintaining the infrastructure, greenery and cleanliness of the city!

This thread was from last year. Can anyone in presently Enugu confirm things on ground remain as shown in the pics?

The idiot they call governor has run everything aground.
He says he's waiting for the dry season to commence his duties as governor.
Now I'm wondering if he only receives salary in the dry season.. sad sad

2 Likes

Re: Appreciating The Serenity And Greenery of The City Of Enugu.(photos) by OreMI22: 2:58am On Oct 10, 2019
Enugu has truly never been a bad city. Even though lately, you could see signs that planting trees, flowers and prompt patching of roads has taken a back seat. Gov. Ugwuanyi should sit up!

Enugu isn't just any city. It is the capital of Igboland. It shouldn't be allowed to rot.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfeXPmQjFkE&t=39s

What Enugu needs is to atttract businesses especially agricultural packaging companies. The State Government must make concerted effort to establish new industrial estates along Enugu - PH expressway and Enugu - PH railway line.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Victor Mela Danzaria Appoints 36 Legislative Aides / Have You Ever Been Ashamed Of Being A Nigerian? / Kano APC Chairman Threatens To Attack Kwankwaso In Gwale LGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.