Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,895 members, 7,810,440 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. (3803 Views)

Tribalism Hidden In Foundations Of Our Country Have Come Out - Bolanle Olukanni / Reno Omokri Mocks "Special Rally" Held By Peter Obi's Fans In Nsukka / With Abiola As President, Nigeria Could Have Been Spared Ethno-religious Tension (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Officialpdpnig: 8:14pm On Nov 03, 2018
I have always been a very blunt critic of the choice of my party in Atiku and Peter Obi.

In Anambra state where Peter Obi was once the governor, he began playing ethno religious politics which had now been handed down to Willie Obiano and which in so many ways is fueling the ipob nonsense all over the place.

View the attached 2018 appointments by Willie Obiano and understand what I am saying.

In Anambra it has become Catholic nepotism vs Anglican wailing all thanks to Peter Obi

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Owutuotuo(m): 8:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
Whereas the first set of questions should be:
Is he/she Nigerian?
Does he/she have integrity?
What are his/her antecedents?
And also, does he/she have both the capacity and willpower to do hold the office?

We have misplaced our priorities.

But then again:
Looks like this OP did not consider the religious demography of the state before drawing his conclusions.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Gandollar(f): 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2018
OP if I were you (God forbids), I will change my weed supplier.

#ObedientlyAtikulating

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 03, 2018
Most Nigerians are nepotic

1 Like

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by unohbethel(m): 8:23pm On Nov 03, 2018
Omenka howfa

4 Likes

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by eyeview: 8:29pm On Nov 03, 2018
Instead of looking for the achievement of Buhari which is non existent, they are busy looking for what they will see against Peter Obi. This is a clear indication that the emergence of Obi portrays a clear and present danger for them.
I like the way pdp is going about their campaign like big boys while apc is busy looking for wahala

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by CilicMarin: 8:30pm On Nov 03, 2018
I still remember the day, he humiliated and chased Elrufai away from Anambra State for being an Hausa Fulani, during the governorship election in 2014...

He also destroyed mosques in Onitsha an deported Hausa people..

He is an unrepentant ethnic chauvinist.

8 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by derealj(m): 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2018
What's the meaning of this? Are we not Christians again? Besides the most common denomination in Anambra is the Roman Catholic, in fact it's difficult to find a non Catholic indigene from my hometown. It's not religious bias. It's like trying to find a Muslim leader in Vatican.

Modified: All these people quoting me and spewing hate, that's what this foolish OP wanted. But I still maintain my ground. It wouldn't bother me if any other denomination becomes the governor in Anambra. But ask yourself why is it that Ngige, Obi and Obiano are all Catholics. It's because Catholicism is the religion on ground in Anambra. I don't know if you guys are suggesting that a competent person for the job should be rejected because he/she is a Catholic, but one thing is for sure whether you like it or not in any appointment in Anambra, there must be a Catholic. Peace.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by eyeview: 8:33pm On Nov 03, 2018
CilicMarin:
I still remember the day, he humiliated and chased Elrufai away from Anambra State for being an Hausa Fulani, during the governorship election in 2014...

He also destroyed mosques in Onitsha a deported Hausa people..

I neither demolished mosques nor sent Hausa out of Anambra - Obi
https://www.vanguardngr.com/2018/11/i-neither-demolished-mosques-nor-sent-hausa-out-of-anambra-obi/
The former Governor of Anambra State and Vice-Presidential candidate of the People’s Democratic Party, Mr. Peter Obi has described as sheer fabrication, wicked and inhuman, the allegation being circulated by the opposition that he demolished mosques as the Governor of Anambra State, snubbed the Sultan, Alhaji Muhammadu Sa'ad Abubakar III, drove Hausas away from Anambra State and shunned the then Minister of Finance, Dr. Shamsuddeen Usman’s attempt at mediation and did not visit schools in the North.

Responding to journalists’ questions at Southern Sun, Lagos yesterday, Obi regretted that rather than some political elite focusing on resolving the plight of several millions of Nigerians without livelihood, over 10 million of out-of-school children and many more of unemployed youths, they are busily engaged in emitting hate speeches and spreading concocted falsehoods in their desperation to be elected into public office so that they will continue with impoverishing the nation and the generality of the people.

Recalling the circumstances under which he became Governor in 2006, Obi revealed that he never had malicious relationship with any group resident in Anambra State nor demolished any mosque in the State as alleged. As a matter of fact, he went on, the mosque at Onitsha was destroyed before he became Governor. During that crisis, many groups, including Northerners, took shelter in the Army Barracks. Indeed, some of the first measures he took on assumption of office was to visit those displaced persons, restore normalcy and encouraged everybody to return to their normal, peaceful life in the State.

Describing the allegation that he snubbed the Sultan of Sokoto, who was in the State as ridiculous, Obi asserted that irresponsibility and disrespect for elders and leaders were not in his character. According to him, “The irony of this concoction is that I have been a friend of His Eminence, the Sultan right from my first year at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka, in 1980 through his tenure as Nigeria’s Defence Attaché in Pakistan till the present. The fact is that the visit of his Eminence, during which I was alleged to have snubbed him was purely a courtesy call after which I personally accompanied him to see the Obi of Onitsha, Obi Alfred Achebe with whom he had a meeting. I also requested His Eminence to visit the Hausa community in the State; and in their interaction, the Hausas complained about the destruction of their mosque before I became Governor, which I offered to rebuild and subsequently gave them the funds for that purpose. Thank God, the Sultan and the Obi of Onitsha are still alive and available to confirm my submission”.
Additionally, Obi revealed that shortly after the visit to the Hausa community, he accompanied the Sultan to the State-owned Chukwuemeka Odumegwu-Ojukwu University which conferred an honorary degree on him. In his words: “I did not have to be there, but I accompanied him to receive the award as a gesture of friendship. If we were not on good terms as my traducers alleged, he could have still be given the honour in the in the spirit of University autonomy, but I would not have accompanied him to the event”.

On the allegation of having driven away Hausas from the State, Obi asserted that the only group which could have run away from Anambra State during his tenure as Governor were kidnappers, armed robbers and predators on the State Treasury. He said that the Head-Bridge Dual Carriageway the wicked liars were referring to was merely cleared of several groups of squatters and illegal markets that occupied three of the 4-lane carriageway. He revealed that the clearance was done without any recourse to ethnicity or religion at a time his Government was collaborating with the Federal Government to expand the road to 6 lanes, which has solved the traffic gridlock in that area to the admiration of all commuters, vehicle owners and transporters.

As for not visiting schools in the North, Obi said it was unfortunate trying to politicise the visit to school he was just engaged in as a passion borne out of his love for education. “In any case”, Obi said, “I have visited schools in all the states of Nigeria. Last year, I visited two schools in Sokoto State, the seat of the Caliphate. “

Answering a question on how he had a disagreement with the then Minister of Finance, Dr. Shamsuddeen Usman, Obi said he had known the gentleman before he became Governor, when he was the CEO of one of the commercial banks and thereafter as the Deputy Governor of the Central Bank and since then, they had remained friends and had not had any reason to disagree on any issue.

Ending on an advisory note, Obi called on all hands to be on deck to save the country from collapse rather than engage in idle talk and fabrication of tales as a substitute for State Policy. “What we need now”, he said, “is building a society and a bright future for millions of poor Nigerians all over the country. That should occupy and agitate us unceasingly rather than how to run others down through lies and character assassination”.

See excerpts from the speech of the Sulatn who is supposed to be at loggerheads with Mr. Peter Obi

SOCIO-ECONOMIC TRANSFORMATION AND THE DEEPENING OF NIGERIA’S UNITY: PETER OBI’S EXAMPLE

Firstly, I wish to express my deep appreciation to the Council and Senate of Anambra State University, for the great honour done to me and for the generous invitation to join the University Community as bona fide member. I am highly gratified by this kind gesture. I would like to register my profound thanks to the University Visitor, the Executive Governor of Anambra State, His Excellency Mr. Peter Obi, whose visionary leadership and sustained commitment to the socio-economic transformation of the state remain a source of hope and strength to all of us. His energy and wisdom, his tolerance and accommodation and his people-centered developmental programmes are being appreciated even beyond the borders of Anambra State. It is my strong belief that under his leadership and with the active cooperation of its veritable stakeholders, better days await Anambra State University and indeed the entire education sector in Anambra State .

EXCERPTS FROM THE SPEECH DELIVERED BY HIS EMINENCE ALHAJI MUHAMMAD SA’AD ABUBAKAR, CFR, mni SULTAN OF SOKOTO, AT THE AWARD CEREMONY OF AN HONORARY DOCTORATE DEGREE BY ANMABRA

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Corrinthians(m): 8:37pm On Nov 03, 2018
derealj:
What's the meaning of this? Are we not Christians again? Besides the most common denomination in Anambra is the Roman Catholic, in fact it's difficult to find a non Catholic indigene from my hometown. It's not religious bias. It's like trying to find a Muslim leader in Vatican.
If same had happened in a far Northern village, would you have had the same opinion?

You guys are the most despicable hypocrits in this world.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by ideynl1: 8:38pm On Nov 03, 2018
The OP is butterflyleo

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by PureMe01: 8:48pm On Nov 03, 2018
derealj:
oga talk 4 urself.dont fuel the already regrettable crisis.if thats the case,only catholics should vote peter obi nd lets see how he becomes the next vp.even tho the op is a confirm APC zombie,using PDP moniker,he is no where far from the truth and reality on ground.treating other denominations as slaves in their own land.the trash of anambra being inhabited by dominantly catholics is an absolute falsehood u propagate...

6 Likes

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by overall90: 8:54pm On Nov 03, 2018
They said Buhari has already won and that Atiku is not going anywhere and yet,I mean yet they can't sleep. cheesy

12 Likes

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by ZKOSOSO(m): 8:58pm On Nov 03, 2018
CilicMarin:

He also destroyed mosques in Onitsha a deported Hausa people..

Wish this is true sef.....i for nak am one award on top dis bold step in the right direction.

6 Likes

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Almaiga: 9:08pm On Nov 03, 2018
Peter Obi is a FRAUD.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by emmasege: 9:33pm On Nov 03, 2018
Do we now see why secession is not the solution to Nigeria's myriad of problems? Here's a monoethnic state still fighting over christian denominations. And come to think of it, isn't this in a zone that wants to secede from Nigeria? Lol.

NB:For Nigeria to move forward, two identities must be taken out of our national life i.e. tribe and religion, and if possible Government activities must be devoid of Christian and Muslim prayers and there should be neither church nor mosque service for any of the national events.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by OMANBALA1: 9:42pm On Nov 03, 2018
Ffoollish boy! Anambra is over 90% Catholic.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by adadike(f): 10:03pm On Nov 03, 2018
Why are we speaking for this people? Peter Obi that gave awusa quarters military abi Na police protection. I used to be angry at Obi for giving awusa people free land in Anambra state. Peter Obi was never biased . I was there the day he visited faith hospital belonging to d Anglican Church and gave them 30 million for their new school of health. How the Anglican Church siphon that money is what I don't know till date. their beef is with Obiano and not Peter Obi biko

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Ziggylady(f): 10:11pm On Nov 03, 2018
Gandollar:
OP if I were you (God forbids), I will change my weed supplier.

#ObedientlyAtikulating

Dont sweat the small stuff..,The op is suspected to be none other than the garrulous APC fraud called butterlyleo who is serving a ban for spreading lies,deceit and false-hood in support of APC..

The dude has changed moniker claiming to be PDP but casting aspersions on Atiku and Peter Obi while in the same breath fighting obnoxiously against those doubting the authenticity of buhari's certificate and pretty much everything concerning buhari/APC

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by SarkinYarki: 10:14pm On Nov 03, 2018
Butterflyleo the liar has started with his divisive lies

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Ziggylady(f): 10:15pm On Nov 03, 2018
ideynl1:
The OP is butterflyleo

I have sniffed him out too cheesy...butterflyleo is written all over this officialpdpnig of a dude...BMC's are not smart at all

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Ziggylady(f): 10:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
Officialpdpnig:
I have always been a very blunt critic of the choice of my party in Atiku and Peter Obi.

In Anambra state where Peter Obi was once the governor, he began playing ethno religious politics which had now been handed down to Willie Obiano and which in so many ways is fueling the ipob nonsense all over the place.

View the attached 2018 appointments by Willie Obiano and understand what I am saying.

In Anambra it has become Catholic nepotism vs Anglican wailing all thanks to Peter Obi

Butterflyleo you have started with your deceit again ba?..you will soon chop another ban

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by simplycarro: 10:28pm On Nov 03, 2018
This Is the rubbish Ibos want to bring into Nigeria politics

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Stanweezy(m): 11:18pm On Nov 03, 2018
Anambra I know is 70% Catholics Anglican about 20% the rest shared the 10%. I remembered back in school you will think the state owned University is owned by catholic due to majority of their GSS lecturers are Rev. Fathers and Sisters... And the kind population you will see after Sunday mass you will think the whole of the students are catholic

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Gandollar(f): 4:54am On Nov 04, 2018
simplycarro:
This Is the rubbish Ibos want to bring into Nigeria politics
Shut up!

1 Like

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by BeautifulMind2: 5:48am On Nov 04, 2018
Almaiga:
Peter Obi is a FRAUD.
Anu stop fooling yourself, the protest was 2015 Senatorial election in Anambra which Umeh of APGA lost to PDP grin grin When Obi was governor he carried missions along, this is is between Obiano not Obi. You APC e-rats are busy chasing rats while your house is burning, your party is collapsing every single day, you guys are busy fabricating false news grin it will soon clear for you guys eyes.

3 Likes

Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 04, 2018
derealj:
[s]What's the meaning of this? Are we not Christians again? Besides the most common denomination in Anambra is the Roman Catholic, in fact it's difficult to find a non Catholic indigene from my hometown. It's not religious bias. It's like trying to find a Muslim leader in Vatican.[/s]

Am not interested in the nonsense op wrote which in essence is true.

Before catholic stepped in anambra, Anglican has been there.

Stop typing trash.
Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 04, 2018
OMANBALA1:
[s]Ffoollish boy! Anambra is over 90% Catholic.[/s]

I think u are the foolish one.

What logistics made anambra over 90% catholics.
Foolish analysis.
Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Nobody: 6:06am On Nov 04, 2018
adadike:
[s]Why are we speaking for this people? Peter Obi that gave awusa quarters military abi Na police protection. I used to be angry at Obi for giving awusa people free land in Anambra state. Peter Obi was never biased . I was there the day he visited faith hospital belonging to d Anglican Church and gave them 30 million for their new school of health. How the Anglican Church siphon that money is what I don't know till date. their beef is with Obiano and not Peter Obi biko[/s]
Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by Nobody: 6:08am On Nov 04, 2018
Stanweezy:
[s]Anambra I know is 70% Catholics Anglican about 20% the rest shared the 10%. I remembered back in school you will think the state owned University is owned by catholic due to majority of their GSS lecturers are Rev. Fathers and Sisters... And the kind population you will see after Sunday mass you will think the whole of the students are catholic[/s]

Lie
Re: The Ethno Religious Foundations Laid By Peter Obi In Anambra State. by ImperialYoruba: 6:12am On Nov 04, 2018
Owutuotuo:
Whereas the first set of questions should be:
Is he/she Nigerian?
Does he/she have integrity?
What are his/her antecedents?
And also, does he/she have both the capacity and willpower to do hold the office?

We have misplaced our priorities.

But then again:
Looks like this OP did not consider the religious demography of the state before drawing his conclusions.

Why didnt you ask these of those who told Mrs Ojukwu she is unqualified to be Senator in Anambra because she is not an indigene?

4 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

What State Of Origin Is The DG Of NCDC, Chikwe Ihekweazu? / BREAKING: Heavy Protest In Benin Over SARS Harassment (photos) / Hausa/fulani Contributes More In Lagos, Swest Economy Than The Igbos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.