Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,738 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:36 PM

Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo (63702 Views)

Benefits Of Bitterleaf / The Benefits Of Bitterleaf And Coconut Water To Health / Akeredolu Presents Face Masks To Ondo Market Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by churchel: 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2018
totit:
W.H.O was right about them after all. cheesy
They are always the first to point fingers calling other people dirty but who's surprise here at the news?
Those people are the most dirty people I have ever seen even the abokis are better than these dirty but yellow people. The other day is was a market overflowing with poos all over the place in Enugu.

Tuuer!

Spits
Dirty people ..shior angry
I can now see how STUPID you are. u based only on tribal issues and not on d news itself. No wonder u dont go beyond nairaland. vision less human FOOL!!!
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by ayEbeneyzer(m): 2:10pm On Nov 06, 2018
JONNYSPUTE:
The man is a fool. Are we not supposed to rewash vegetables with clean water and salt before consuming them? Attention seeker.
mumu

1 Like

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by churchel: 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2018
totit:

No mind them. It's a way of life for them hence it's normal and nothing unusual to them. Shior. Dirty people shocked
you dat is cooking up mess with d tribe, is your region cleaner than wer pigs r playing. OLOSHI dont go and wash yr food and hands before eating a while FOOL like you.mtcheew
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by totit: 2:17pm On Nov 06, 2018
churchel:
I can now see how STUPID you are. u based only on tribal issues and not on d news itself. No wonder u dont go beyond nairaland. vision less human FOOL!!!

Why the insult , what I wrote there is nothing but the truth. If you can't bear it I am not at fault here. Tell your people to work on their hygiene and stop preaching here.

The question is, why are you people so dirty?

Get off my mention dirty fellow grin

1 Like

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by totit: 2:18pm On Nov 06, 2018
churchel:

Cry cry. Cry and cry and wail all you want. I am sure you are as dirty as those women. Shior. angry

grin grin
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by totit: 2:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
churchel:
you dat is cooking up mess with d tribe, is your region cleaner than wer pigs r playing. OLOSHI dont go and wash yr food and hands before eating a while FOOL like you.mtcheew
You are in pain.

Get well soon.

1 Like

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 2:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
profakins22:
the whole idea is of the thing is not when it gets to the cooking stage,now imagine the diseases and bacteria's from that bad water that would end up jumping on people in the market, airborne infections start from there, its like jesus parable of the cups neatness, just cause heat will kill bacteria does not mean we should live dirty, imagine the diseases the market woman are bringing from the dirty river themselves,with an unwashed hand they will still hand you change!

Oga...you are taking this your neatness thing to far and exaggerated! First of all, the water flows and is not stagnant so that means that the bacterial flora and contamination is very limited (you should be educated enough to know that). People hand you change from unwashed hands after doing things more heinous like pressing pus from an infected skin gangrene handling badly mutilated corpses, using their fingers to scratch the crack of their improperly cleaned anal region etc...and you still have not died. Our body defenses take care of such unforeseen maladies.

And one last thing, BACTERIA AND DISEASES DON'T JUMP ON OR INTO PEOPLE! undecided
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by churchel: 2:24pm On Nov 06, 2018
totit:

Why the insult , what I wrote there is nothing but the truth. If you can't bear it I am not at fault here. Tell your people to work on their hygiene and stop preaching here.

The question is, why are you people so dirty?

Get off my mention dirty fellow grin
Guy go and park well every region in Nigeria is dirty.. Even a white man dat once travel to Lagos Nigeria, said its d worst place ever to visit. google is yr friend.pls anu pama
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by totit: 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
churchel:
Guy go and park well every region in Nigeria is dirty.. Even a white man dat once travel to Lagos Nigeria, said its d worst place ever to visit. google is yr friend.pls anu pama

Face the OP and stop deviating. I ain't no time for this lamentation and weak defense of yours.

Shior. angry
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by churchel: 2:29pm On Nov 06, 2018
totit:

Face the OP and stop deviating. I ain't no time for this lamentation and weak defense of yours.

Shior. angry
I have now see why you continue to remain like dis. mtcheew
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by eyinjuege: 2:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
frozen70:
No body goes to the market and bought food stuff then put it straight to the pot

They went their to wash the bitter leaf because of the availability of water

Bitter leaves consumes water while washing it

I am not in support of their dirty habits but if they should buy water of 500 to wash it how much will they sell out of it

It's a river and not a stagnant water, so it's flowing

Let's be honest, there's no excuse to washing food others will eat in that dirty stream. I wonder if they wash their own there too. Don't be surprised they use clean water for themselves.
I'm very sure if their customers see where they wash the vegetables, they won't buy from them, but will rather buy and wash themselves.
If you have to buy potable water to clean the vegetables you're selling, then do so and add to the cost. The river whether flowing or not carries a lot of parasites and definitely bacteria especially one that looks so dirty. Its not your regular free flowing stream from the pictures.
But I know for sure every govt should provide potable water to its citizens. That should be the main worry and we should remember to focus on that. Why is there no potable water in villages in 2018? Isn't that signs of a failed govt despite all the money Nigeria has( btw, both PDP and APC are filled with failures in ALL states)
What we see here people, is the reality of many villages, and towns/cities are not even spared.
Its time Nigerians start demanding for good governance, regardless of political affiliation, tribe or religion.
There's a reason why our life expectancy is shorter by almost half compared to developed countries. We are the cause of our own problems.
Stop making excuses for mediocrity. What is right and good will always be that, and vice versa.
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 2:35pm On Nov 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Again, you’re preaching to the Choir.

Government or not, the trader shouldn’t be using safe water on produce.

The sickening thing is watching Nigerians wait for government to do everything. This is what led General Buhari to call the youths lazy.

Don’t ask what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for her.

This trader is passing cholera.

Maybe the choir is bereft of reasoning. Except you're part of the elite feeding fat in Nigeria, you'll know that Nigerians are the people who have the least expectations of their govt anywhere in the world. Quote me anywhere. Let me give you an example, most state and local govts have employed touts and street urchins to serve as revenue officers who extort food vendors and hawkers in the name of tax. This same state govts will not employ graduates and diploma holders as public sanitation officials to ensure that what these traders sell is not injurious to the health of the citizens, or build a waste management system or water supply system to encourage public sanitation. Now tell me if buhari is right with what he said

1 Like

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by OsuMustGo: 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buckubuck:

Again, I'm not Igbo. Those who abused the northerner are simply ignorant. But aa le fi ete sile maa pa lapalapa, this issue is an example of failed government not ethnicity
Keep quiet
Who are the government?
Charity begins at home

1 Like

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Daguccizgreat(m): 2:43pm On Nov 06, 2018
ChrisMafian:

Ipob yoots started it on that mallam washing his sugar cane with drainage water thread.
So shut the Bleep up and condemn this insane act.
You are just so deluded and annoying.
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
OsuMustGo:

Keep quiet
Who are the government?
Charity begins at home
Can you explain how charity begins at home applies to this matter. If hand they scratch you, no be by force to type. You can use broom to keep ur fingers busy

1 Like

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Goldenbaby(f): 2:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
The guy is a fool..The water might look brown but when you fetch it.. You will notice that is very neat.. It depends on the kind of soil on the land.. I have this type of water in my village and is very neat (we use it in cooking self)

The guy is nothing but an attention seeker

1 Like

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by ogundeleai(m): 3:03pm On Nov 06, 2018
ChrisMafian:
And some Ipob yoots were insulting Abokis when the picture of that mallam washing his sugar cane with drainage water surfaced.
Now look at what their mothers are doing. Conclusion is that most Nigerians are Dirty and it is not limited to one tribe.
... I love this your write up as it full of diplomacy, devoid insult but full of lesson to learn
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by campusflavour: 3:08pm On Nov 06, 2018
I am in on river now swimming, only a borehole generation will say this stream is dirty, most of them have this colour but when u fetch them, they become white in colour, water always have colour, do u know that almighty imo river has this colour, u can ask any one to get u the pics, so don't compare this poeplw to aboki using gutter water

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by churchel: 3:10pm On Nov 06, 2018
ogundeleai:
... I love this your write up as it full of diplomacy, devoid insult but full of lesson to learn
I pity your type
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by frozen70(f): 3:18pm On Nov 06, 2018
eyinjuege:

Let's be honest, there's no excuse to washing food others will eat in that dirty stream. I wonder if they wash their own there too. Don't be surprised they use clean water for themselves.
I'm very sure if their customers see where they wash the vegetables, they won't buy from them, but will rather buy and wash themselves.
If you have to buy potable water to clean the vegetables you're selling, then do so and add to the cost. The river whether flowing or not carries a lot of parasites and definitely bacteria especially one that looks so dirty. Its not your regular free flowing stream from the pictures.
But I know for sure every govt should provide potable water to its citizens. That should be the main worry and we should remember to focus on that. Why is there no potable water in villages in 2018? Isn't that signs of a failed govt despite all the money Nigeria has( btw, both PDP and APC are filled with failures in ALL states)
What we see here people, is the reality of many villages, and towns/cities are not even spared.
Its time Nigerians start demanding for good governance, regardless of political affiliation, tribe or religion.
There's a reason why our life expectancy is shorter by almost half compared to developed countries. We are the cause of our own problems.
Stop making excuses for mediocrity. What is right and good will always be that, and vice versa.

Guy

That's an age long tradition,

those stuffs are sold in the village market and those patronising them knows how it's been process
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by SIRTee15: 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
prince3009:

Oga...you are taking this your neatness thing to far and exaggerated! First of all, the water flows and is not stagnant so that means that the bacterial flora and contamination is very limited (you should be educated enough to know that). People hand you change from unwashed hands after doing things more heinous like pressing pus from an infected skin gangrene handling badly mutilated corpses, using their fingers to scratch the crack of their improperly cleaned anal region etc...and you still have not died. Our body defenses take care of such unforeseen maladies.

And one last thing, BACTERIA AND DISEASES DON'T JUMP ON OR INTO PEOPLE! undecided

Are u ok at all...
Defending that rubbish...
U can as well go and take ur bath in the stream since its flowing...
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
SIRTee15:

Are u ok at all...
Defending that rubbish...
U can as well go and take ur bath in the stream since its flowing...

Have people who took their bath there died of any disease? Stagnant water like most of the ones found in Ebonyi have guinea worms larva on them which can cause an epidemic and not flowing water. Go back and read Integrated Science and Health Education for primary 4 and 5 and stop displaying your crass ignorance here! It's embarrassing!!
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by HomeOfMe(f): 3:54pm On Nov 06, 2018
PrettyCrystal:
A Nigerian man, Chidi Okoye, has taken to social media to reveal the shocking thing he saw this morning in Anambra state. 

The man saw a group of women washing bitterleaf (used in preparing the popular Onugbu soup in Igboland) with muddy water from a dirty stream in Awka, the state capital, which they plan to sell in the market. 

He shared a picture of the women in action as he urged Nigerians to be careful and always rewash them (bitterleaf) after purchase. 

Chidi Okoye wrote; 

"This morning on my way having my routine walk, I saw these women in Awka processing Onugbu (bitterleaf) one of our favourite soups with this mud water and from there to the various markets". 

"Please rewash your bitterleaf if you are buying the already processed ones".

See more; https://www.nationalhelm.co/2018/11/market-women-washing-bitterleaf-in-muddy-water-in-awka-anambra.html
For those who do not wash their vegetables with salt and clean water after you purchase them,OYO is your case.
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 4:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
paix:
My dear, even in our homes. Some women will pick their nose, scratch their armpits and their privates while cutting the vegetables.
lolz
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 5:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buckubuck:

Maybe the choir is bereft of reasoning. Except you're part of the elite feeding fat in Nigeria, you'll know that Nigerians are the people who have the least expectations of their govt anywhere in the world. Quote me anywhere. Let me give you an example, most state and local govts have employed touts and street urchins to serve as revenue officers who extort food vendors and hawkers in the name of tax. This same state govts will not employ graduates and diploma holders as public sanitation officials to ensure that what these traders sell is not injurious to the health of the citizens, or build a waste management system or water supply system to encourage public sanitation. Now tell me if buhari is right with what he said

Or perhaps the preacher just likes hearing his own nonsensical ramblings.

No wonder yah all die like ants. Instead of doing the right things health wise they are taking shortcuts that will harm the society and waiting on the government.
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Or perhaps the preacher just likes hearing his own nonsensical ramblings.

No wonder yah all die like ants. Instead of doing the right things health wise they are taking shortcuts that will harm the society and waiting on the government.
I can know see that the choir revels in willful ignorance. There's civic responsibility there's law and order. If you can't decipher between the two, then ur malady incurable. Since you've not denied been a part of the rapacious self-entitled elite, I'll assume you're beneficiary to the malaise and bid you karma one of these days

1 Like

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Acidosis(m): 5:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
Nigerians are generally dirty to be honest. Just look at what some shameless women are doing with consumables. I won't be surprised if they defecate in the same stream.

Btw I will advise all Nigerians to stop buying garri (meant for drinking) from the streets. The rate at which giant rodents and flies perch on these consumables is just so alarming, yet we drink with so much pleasure.
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 5:43pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buckubuck:

I can know see that the choir revels in willful ignorance. There's civic responsibility there's law and order. If you can't decipher between the two, then ur malady incurable. Since you've not denied been a part of the rapacious self-entitled elite, I'll assume you're beneficiary to the malaise and bid you karma one of these days

Blah blah blah.

You make no sense at all. It amazes me how numpties like you manage to exist.

So let’s give everyone cholera because the government is lacking in providing civic services.

It’s no wonder that Nigeria is in a piss poor state that she’s in. She’s a great country but unfortunately inhabited by self centered megalomaniacs.

You’re a pitiful person and I pity people who have to be close to you.
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 5:44pm On Nov 06, 2018
Acidosis:

Nigerians are generally dirty to be honest. Just look at what some shameless women are doing with consumables. I won't be surprised if they defecate in the same stream.

Btw I will advise all Nigerians to stop buying garri (meant for drinking) from the streets. The rate at which giant rodents and flies perch on these consumables is just so alarming, yet we drink with so much pleasure.

There’s absolutely no reason for her risking the health of her customers like that.

And they wonder why they die from simple sicknesses.
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Nobody: 6:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
EgunMogaji:

Blah blah blah.

You make no sense at all. It amazes me how numpties like you manage to exist.

So let’s give everyone cholera because the government is lacking in providing civic services.

It’s no wonder that Nigeria is in a piss poor state that she’s in. She’s a great country but unfortunately inhabited by self centered megalomaniacs.

You’re a pitiful person and I pity people who have to be close to you.
It be like say this thing don dey pain you o grin cheesy Apologies, but don't take it personal. Since you're so fickle you shouldn't engage in abusive banter. Still, you'll agree that these women's activities pales when compared to mountains of refuse, indiscriminate defecations, dirty drinking water and other public health issues that bedevil our society. It is easy to judge when you've got everything working for you believe me, but my job takes me to remote places in Nigeria, and I know that Nigerians are not having it good at all

1 Like

Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Codes151(m): 6:16pm On Nov 06, 2018
ChrisMafian:
And some Ipob yoots were insulting Abokis when the picture of that mallam washing his sugar cane with drainage water surfaced.
Now look at what their mothers are doing. Conclusion is that most Nigerians are Dirty and it is not limited to one tribe.
u know people drink that water?
Re: Market Women Washing Bitterleaf In A Stream In Awka. Photo by Omonaijani: 6:28pm On Nov 06, 2018

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Causes Of Yellow,smelly Stone-like Lump In The Mouth. / Human Anatomy: This Is What Your Body Looks Like Inside (Pictures) / This Baby Contracted Herpes After Being Kissed By A Visitor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.