Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,348 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:09 AM

Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) (27986 Views)

Couple With 5 Kids 'Sad' As Wife On Contraceptives Gives Birth To Quadruplets / Nigerian Woman Gives Birth To Quadruplets After 11 Years Of Marriage (Photos) / Father-Of-Five Absconds After His Wife Gave Birth To Quadruplets In Benin (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Gisters: 11:30am On Nov 06, 2018
A 30-year-old mother, Mrs Temitope Amodu, who was delivered of a set of quadruplets at the National Hospital, Abuja has been stranded after she and her family were not able to offset the medical bills.

The parents of the quadruplets have however appealed for assistance from the government and Nigerians to help with funds for the medical services’ bills and to take care of the babies.

Their mother, Mrs Temitope Amodu, a 30-year-old teacher, was delivered of the all-female quadruplets on October 25, 2018.

Speaking with The Punch on Monday, the Kogi State indigene expressed fear that the situation would become worse for her and the babies should the labour strike commence today (Tuesday) as scheduled.

She said:

“I am a teacher in a private school and the job is not secure. At a point, I had to take a leave without pay. My husband is an officer of the Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps. Before I got the teaching job, it was his meagre salary that we managed and life has not been easy. My first child is three years old; it was because of the economic situation that we decided to delay further childbirth till now.

“Despite that, God in His faithfulness still gave us these babies. I call on everybody: organisations, churches, government and individuals, to please come to our aid. We cannot do it alone. These children are everybody’s; they are God-given. I call on Nigerians to please come and help us. It is an urgent need. Apart from the bills – the National Hospital is so expensive and their bills are different from that of my regular hospital – there is the issue of feeding.

“In the last one week, I cannot count how many tins of milk they have taken. It has really not been easy; so much that it is affecting my health right now. My blood pressure has risen because I have been thinking of how I will do it.”

She also said based on medical advice, a bigger accommodation was required to ensure the safety of the babies.

“Where we live is a room and parlour, with a little space like a store, which we cannot call a room. Meanwhile, the paediatrician said the babies need a room to themselves; that if not, we might be having challenges,” Temitope added.

Her husband, Mr Ernest Amodu, who said he was serving at the Ondo State Command of the NSCDC, also solicited help from the government and Nigerians.

Ernest, who also hails from Kogi State, said:

“Having a child who is three years old, I know how tasking it is to raise him. To have an additional four is a lot of demand.

“In the last one week that we have spent in this hospital, it has not been an easy experience. The bills are quadruple. Every service is paid for five times for the mother and the babies.

“It is not easy at all but I know that God will raise men and women who will support us. I strongly believe that. Left for us, there is no way in the world that our salaries will be able to cover these. We trust God and good Nigerians to help us.”

BY GISTMORE - http://gistmore.com/woman-gave-birth-quadruplets-stranded-national-hospital

6 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Gisters: 11:31am On Nov 06, 2018
sad

2 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by cooldipo(m): 11:31am On Nov 06, 2018
Bundle of joy turned burden

May God help lighten your BURDEN!

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by KanwuliaExtra: 12:23pm On Nov 06, 2018
Time to have faith!
This is just the beginning.
The “God” of abilities will be put to test or rest in their lives. grin

Wey the “head of the household”?
Abi na “provider” dem dey call am? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by MrsNwaAmaikpe(f): 12:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
shocked shocked

She and her husband including the family members are dumb and stupid to have left her stranded while solution abound everywhere.

Just take two or three out of the four unfortunate children to Anambra or Portharcourt baby market and sell at competitive prices. Go to the hospital and pay the bills then use the change to take care of the remaining one.

Stop embarrassing yourself and the internet

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Sirheny007(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
undecided
Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by PotatoSalad(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
I don't get it. It takes 9 months to prepare for this moment, yet people get stranded. Why?

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by solpat(m): 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
shocked
Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by SageTravels: 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
God send a helper pls

3 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 12:56pm On Nov 06, 2018
When them they fvck them no tell us ooo, undecided now children don come.them don they disturb person. habeg make them sell one of the children.

1 Like

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by MrHighSea: 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
Its still a blessing

1 Like

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by obidid: 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
this is supposed to be a thing of joy

2 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by jericco1(m): 12:57pm On Nov 06, 2018
omo she dey on long thing
Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Harold33: 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Blessings

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Pat081: 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
Dis is wot am praying for to have wen my time cums God

2 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Assassin101: 12:58pm On Nov 06, 2018
I've never seen a rich person give birth to triplets or quadruplets

could this be poverty-induced? undecided undecided

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by saraki2019(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
Good news

1 Like

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by skelewu404(m): 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
how i wish i can collect one i love babies

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by BadiratT: 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
May God ease your burden

2 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by enemyofprogress: 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2018
She is already looking fresh ready to start all over again

3 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by philEscobar(m): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
Thank God for safe delivery,
if na my friend type she born 4 @zadok6o i swear she for dn die My Padi Head big gan...
Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by chukwudiology(m): 1:00pm On Nov 06, 2018
The God that gave u these children will definitely provide for them..

9 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 1:01pm On Nov 06, 2018
PotatoSalad:
I don't get it. It takes 9 months to prepare for this moment, yet people get stranded. Why?

Who be this mumu?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
Assassin101:

Lol.. Anyone can give birth to quadruplets

1 Like

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by luckyogor(m): 1:05pm On Nov 06, 2018
They should have dropped acc details nau,i know that some people are ready to transfer the little or much that they can afford.GOD bless them.
Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
Assassin101:

grin grin grin
Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by blackedwin: 1:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

She and her husband including the family members are dumb and stupid to have left her stranded while solution abound everywhere.

Just take two or three out of the four unfortunate children to Anambra or Portharcourt baby market and sell at competitive prices. Go to the hospital and pay the bills then use the change to take care of the remaining one.

5 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by crowniran(m): 1:08pm On Nov 06, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

u tink everything is a joke?
Can't believe you can be so stupid to this level, just because of likes and shares. Cursed fellow!

12 Likes

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by rufdan(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
The husband should have use his national health insurance scheme and it is free for delivery.

1 Like

Re: Temitope Amodu Gave Birth To Quadruplets, Stranded At National Hospital (photo) by Femich18(m): 1:11pm On Nov 06, 2018
MrsNwaAmaikpe:
shocked shocked

Nawa o ... I don't even know what to say to you cos i know no sensible human will say such...May God help you though

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Divorcees, What's Your Experience Like? / Family Of Four And Above In One Room, How Do You Cope? (photo) / Man Accuses Pastor Of Breaking His Marriage After Committing Adultery With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.