Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,601 members, 7,812,967 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:12 AM

Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) (49891 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa. AWCON 2022:(1 - 2) On 4th July 2022 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Damfostopper(m): 6:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
south Africans Now hammering Nigerians back to back

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 6:55pm On Nov 18, 2018
mablie:

Female football in Nigeria is sadly dying.We didn't even qualify for the ongoing U-17 Women world cup in Uruguay.Something unheard of for Nigeria less than 5years ago

It's not only female football. We did not qualify for the men's Under 17 and Under 20 world cups last year.

The NFF was focused on qualifying the Super Eagles for Russia 2018 that they forgot that the other national teams existed.

What happened to the female football department and the youth football department of the NFF?

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by RTSC: 7:00pm On Nov 18, 2018
These players are too old. They can no longer run.

We need to start replacing them.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by LWFashion(f): 7:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
Damfostopper:
south Africans Now hammering Nigerians back to back
How will you be on Forbes with anti-patriotic comments like yours. Smh
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by babytoun: 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
spiralwedge:

You need to retake your WAEC English abeg

Where did this one jump out from ?

Na you don be English teacher now. ?

I thought he said "S.A. has won the cup as far as I am concerned " when I reread the post I saw they he actually said "as far as THEY are concerned" I saw my error and apologized ...na you wan teach me English now...I laugh
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by skallion7(m): 7:02pm On Nov 18, 2018
disappointing match

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by spiralwedge(m): 7:11pm On Nov 18, 2018
babytoun:

Where did this on jump out from ?

Na you don be English teacher now. ?

I thought he said "S.A. has won the cup as far as I am concerned " when I reread the post I saw they he actually said "as far as THEY are concerned" I saw my error and apologized ...na you wan teach my English now...I laugh

You still need to retake English; Comprehension specifically. After several hours you still aren't able to grasp.smh

This is the post you reacted to:
Ekaka1:
And SA WINS....great tactics by them.
Again, none of these teams will get near semis
For SA they have won the cup with this win as far as they are concerned.

The meaning of the above post isn't about the prediction of who eventually wins the cup, but about the basking of euphoria of this particular win by SA.

Understood now?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by emi14: 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
klexycole:
Match ended. SA picks up the 3 points.

First SA win over the Super Falcons.

This is a very disappointing match.
Everything about APC
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Lucifer66(m): 7:21pm On Nov 18, 2018
Nigerian Women are useless, what a disgusting match. They were moaning and coughing.
The SF women were on point.
This is why men in 9ja still beat women.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by yummy001: 7:22pm On Nov 18, 2018
naptu2:
Like I said, I blame the NFF. It's like they forgot that the Super Falcons existed after they won the cup in Cameroon.

They frustrated the coach out of the job, we had no friendlies or training sessions and all the while teams like South Africa and Ghana were playing all over the world.

I complained on Nairaland a few months ago and someone said, "It doesn't matter. We'll still win anyway". Well, see what has happened.

On point bro. Amaju Pinnick thought we could extend our dominance in female football to the global stage by hiring a greenhorn just because he is a foreigner. Our love for anything foreign irrespective of the quality is crazy. I can stake it that with the right preparation and motivation, any average Nigerian coach can do better than this.

Way forward: If we must regain our dominance in Africa and most importantly extend it to the global stage, we need to hire a foreign veteran probably from U. S, Japan, China or Norway, and preferably a female who can impact in our girls the modern techniques of the game. For the long run development plan,we need to invest heavily in the female league by bringing in the private sector players, not forgetting catch them young programmes from primary to secondary schools. There is nothing wrong in having female football academies for girls all over the country. This can be done if the NFF can partner with the successful and established footballers.

For the short term solution, the NFF should organize top-flight friendlies for the ladies from time to time. It doesn't matter if we get battered 8 nill or more all the time. I believe with time, with a veteran female coach who knows what she(note the emphasis on "she"wink is doing, we will begin to catch up with the big wigs on the global stage.

5 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Engrduke: 7:25pm On Nov 18, 2018
babytoun:

Abeg keep quiet ...won which cup ...I was on the stadium to watch Cameroon yesterday ...they are the team to beat

Must you insult him before you make your diverse opinion known?
Decorum please!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by klexycole(m): 7:27pm On Nov 18, 2018
LWFashion:

Would you take up the job?

What job, ma'am? smiley
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by jaygogna(m): 7:30pm On Nov 18, 2018
grazman:
The problem of this team is that the Igbo girls are damn too much

Nnamdi KANU as paid them to sabotage nigeria cry
..... cos they invest more in female football in 9ja. i stand to be corrected

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by husbandsnatcha(f): 7:38pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ekaka1:

Hmmm...try o cheesy
tanks...i was playing ball n running race but my parents wl use marriage to scare nw ,am i married? I regreted dat!
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 7:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
1) Nigeria's coach, Thomas Dernnerby watching the Zambia vs Equatorial Guinea game, which is being played at the moment.

2) South African coach, Desiree Ellis, watching the Zambia vs Equatorial Guinea match. She has been in the SA set up for a long time. She played for Banyana and I think she was their assistant coach before becoming head coach. She was also their coach at the 2016 AWCON and she's a good friend of Florence Omagbemi.

3) The team line ups. Former African Player of the Year, Genoveva Anonma Nze is the Equatoguinean captain. Equatorial Guinea is infamous for fielding foreigners in their team. You can see Messomo (of Cameroon) and Chinasa (of Nigeria) in their team.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by yusuftaiwo2015(m): 7:46pm On Nov 18, 2018
[quote author=4koff post=73087898]
They are old. The only way to remedy the situation is to play long balls.[/quote
Lol. you must be joking. O
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 7:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Zambia 1-0 Equatorial Guinea.

Grace Banda
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Kirinwa: 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
naptu2:

They've also played against Chile, France and they recently played against Ghana.

We didn't even have a training session for 8 months and we didn't have a coach for many many months.

8 Months Without Super Falcons Regrouping Is Unacceptable – Asisat Oshoala
https://www.nairaland.com/4019574/8-months-without-super-falcons

We should blame the vultures at NFF.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Enemyofpeace: 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2018
I'm happy that we were beated
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Kirinwa: 7:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
Damdeyz:
All this frustrating long balls will make me break my uncle's Hi Fi sense flat screen undecided

Break it so he can cure your madness immediately.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Mizwisdom(f): 7:54pm On Nov 18, 2018
I knew this would happen one day. Falcons have been neglected for too long now. Everybody's eyes is on super eagles to qualify, neglecting the ladies who have already qualified. Good result for us to sit back and think

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by husbandsnatcha(f): 7:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
Yoruba girls in d team tried but biafrans girls ar playing rubbish! Nnamdi kanu y?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by emi14: 8:01pm On Nov 18, 2018
naptu2:

It's not only female football. We did not qualify for the men's Under 17 and Under 20 world cups last year.

The NFF was focused on qualifying the Super Eagles for Russia 2018 that they forgot that the other national teams existed.

What happened to the female football department and the youth football department of the NFF?

All stages and groups are managed differently . Didn't NFF fond th u-17?
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by lastempero: 8:05pm On Nov 18, 2018
Akin don thief my 50k.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Goldaccumulator: 8:06pm On Nov 18, 2018
common ball they cant play. naija girls only sabi olosho work. let govt stop wasting money on them
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Aystarz: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2018
yummy001:

On point bro. Amaju Pinnick thought we could extend our dominance in female football to the global stage by hiring a greenhorn just because he is a foreigner. Our love for anything foreign irrespective of the quality is crazy. I can stake it that with the right preparation and motivation, any average Nigerian coach can do better than this.

Way forward: If we must regain our dominance in Africa and most importantly extend it to the global stage, we need to hire a foreign veteran probably from U. S, Japan, China or Norway, and preferably a female who can impact in our girls the modern techniques of the game. For the long run development plan,we need to invest heavily in the female league by bringing in the private sector players, not forgetting catch them young programmes from primary to secondary schools. There is nothing wrong in having female football academies for girls all over the country. This can be done if the NFF can partner with the successful and established footballers.

For the short term solution, the NFF should organize top-flight friendlies for the ladies from time to time. It doesn't matter if we get battered 8 nill or more all the time. I believe with time, with a veteran female coach who knows what she(note the emphasis on "she"wink is doing, we will begin to catch up with the big wigs on the global stage.

Well-articulated solutions here. Tell you what, my man? You should be the NFF boss, not some money-grubbing bufffoon who thinks he can always throw money at our football problems. I'm plain sick of Pinnick and his goons at the glasshouse.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by babytoun: 8:20pm On Nov 18, 2018
spiralwedge:

You still need to retake English; Comprehension specifically. After several hours you still aren't able to grasp.smh

This is the post you reacted to:

The meaning of the above post isn't about the prediction of who eventually wins the cup, but about the basking of euphoria of this particular win by SA.

Understood now?

You ..now need comprehension lessons ...see teacher . Even after i explained that I apologised because in my ANGER my mind had substituted the "THEY " in his statement with "I" which changed the entire meaning .

What don't you understand my apology or the explanation ? Did you notice that he insulted me too but I ignored because my original error triggered it?

Abeg face front ...I am not the coach or an official in Nff . We are all angry with the result ..don't use me as an outlet to vent.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Pinkyhubb: 8:31pm On Nov 18, 2018
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Ekaka1(m): 8:32pm On Nov 18, 2018
babytoun:

No vex na frustration make me no read your comment well .

Imaging me facing my Ghanaian colleagues on Monday after this our shambolic display ....I was in the stadium to watch the 2 matches yesterday and was telling them that with what their girls played them go chop 3 from 9ja ...I no know say na useless coiach we get ...

No vex ...but no threaten me next t time o...I no dey fear fight o and I fit go school pass you

You are a gentleman too. I apologise for my senseless outburst as well....but our girls annoy me like madt. All those calling for the sack of the coach should have a rethink. We were ill prepared as usual, plus our girls are getting old and losing form, today , they played like they had a mini-rocket between their legs perpetually wink

Hope they get their acts together in their next match.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Ekaka1(m): 8:37pm On Nov 18, 2018
joxxy01:
That coach na white monkey

Please stop all these racist nonsense. Be civil at least if you're frustrated show it with caution
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by babytoun: 8:45pm On Nov 18, 2018
Ekaka1:

You are a gentleman too. I apologise for my senseless outburst as well....but our girls annoy me like madt. All those calling for the sack of the coach should have a rethink. We were ill prepared as usual, plus our girls are getting old and losing form, today , they played like they had a mini-rocket between their legs perpetually wink

Hope they get their acts together in their next match.

My brother ...you probably dey 9ja ...me dey Accra here and don make mouth for these Ghana people so you will see say my frustration plenty ...already THEY have started calling my line to explain

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by humberjade: 8:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
Aystarz:

Well-articulated solutions here. Tell you what, my man? You should be the NFF boss, not some money-grubbing bufffoon who thinks he can always throw money at our football problems. I'm plain sick of Pinnick and his goons at the glasshouse.

Unfortunately we will still have to stick with him for another 4 or 5 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Samuel Chukwueze, Villarreal Players Celebrate Europa League Final Win (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. Leaves Manchester United Academy / Godwin Obaje Joins Ifeanyi Uba FC, Becomes Highest Paid Player In NPFL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.