Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,374 members, 7,819,356 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:48 PM

Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) - Sports (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) (49914 Views)

Nigeria Vs South Africa. AWCON 2022:(1 - 2) On 4th July 2022 / Nigeria Vs South Africa: 2018 AWCON Final - 4 - 3 Penalties (Full Time) / Cameroon Vs. Nigeria: 2018 AWCON Semi-Final - 2 - 4 - Penalties (Full Time) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Franking: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
I have been watching the Super Falcons since 1991 when Uche Eucharia and co held sway but never seen such an embarrassing display, the loss aside. They were running around like headless chicken.

And what do we need a white or foreign coach for? Tufiakwa.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by busense: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
Nigerian women, name to make mouth them Sabi angry
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by busense: 9:08pm On Nov 18, 2018
Nigerian women, na to make mouth them Sabi angry
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by mechanics(m): 9:19pm On Nov 18, 2018
There is still hope.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by indigenous234(f): 9:40pm On Nov 18, 2018
grazman:
The problem of this team is that the Igbo girls are damn too much

Nnamdi KANU as paid them to sabotage nigeria cry

MUMU

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by GistFullGround: 9:48pm On Nov 18, 2018
What is the essence of an Oyinbo coach?

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Ekaka1(m): 9:52pm On Nov 18, 2018
babytoun:

My brother ...you probably dey 9ja ...me dey Accra here and don make mouth for these Ghana people so you will see say my frustration plenty ...already THEY have started calling my line to explain
I can imagine....and to think that most of the fans in that stadium supported us initially hoping we'll whoop the bayana behind cheesy
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Ekaka1(m): 9:56pm On Nov 18, 2018
spiralwedge:

You need to retake your WAEC English abeg
Spiral wedge take am easy with our brother abeg, he miss read my post and I think we all have felt this frustrated because of the high expectations plus, we don make mouth on their behalf small and dem come fall our hand yakata cheesy grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Nobody: 11:17pm On Nov 18, 2018
[/b][b][/b][b][b][/b]1
uncle005:
How did they qqualify for this 1tournament all of them are awful
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by dafuturis(m): 11:28pm On Nov 18, 2018
humberjade:

To me, d coach is wack...he just came to eat out of our oil money...i don't know where Amaju Pinnick got him from... grin

But if Oparanizie had scored that 1st half sitter, it would have afforded our strikers some space to hurt d South Africans on d counter...even our crosses were poor...our worst performance by a mile at d any AWCON...so so pathetic!!!

I was surprised to see a white man standing as our coach, at first I thought he was the coach of the South African ladies, but was wrong.
He's bereft of tactics, how on earth could he make the girls play long balls. The girls couldn't complete two short passes the entire 90mins, unlike the falcons we used to know.
The slowpoke just stood there, wasn't pushing the girls. no hunger, no nothing. as if there was nothing at stake. Amaju should send the dumbass coach back to where he picked him from.

Yes. Oparanozie was off game today, that wasted sitter is unforgivable. was expecting the coach to sub her and make her see why she must improve for subsequent games, but no the white poo kept her.
Don't see them beating Zambia. They should just start coming home already.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by humberjade: 11:39pm On Nov 18, 2018
dafuturis:

I was surprised to see a white man standing as our coach, at first I thought he was the coach of the South African ladies, but was wrong.
He's bereft of tactics, how on earth could he make the girls play long balls. The girls couldn't complete two short passes the entire 90mins, unlike the falcons we used to know.
The slowpoke just stood there, wasn't pushing the girls. no hunger, no nothing. as if there was nothing at stake. Amaju should send the dumbass coach back to where he picked him from.

Yes. Oparanozie was off game today, that wasted sitter is unforgivable. was expecting the coach to sub her and make her see why she must improve for subsequent games, but no the white poo kept her.
Don't see them beating Zambia. They should just start coming home already.

I agree with u totally...If they play like they played today against d Zams, it will be a whitewash...he turned our very good players to ordinary clueless players...it will be a huge surprise if they progress to d next stage.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by humberjade: 11:41pm On Nov 18, 2018
Franking:
I have been watching the Super Falcons since 1991 when Uche Eucharia and co held sway but never seen such an embarrassing display, the loss aside. They were running around like headless chicken.

And what do we need a white or foreign coach for? Tufiakwa.

Me think sey those at d glasshouse are just using d oyinbos to loot money
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by dafuturis(m): 12:10am On Nov 19, 2018
humberjade:

I agree with u totally...If they play like they played today against d Zams, it will be a whitewash...he turned our very good players to ordinary clueless players...it will be a huge surprise if they progress to d next stage.
Yes.. it will be a shocker to see them progress beyond the group stage going by their performance today.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Ifiokumo: 1:21am On Nov 19, 2018
Nigga Area disgracing everywhere everyday.....and it aint gonna stop

Time for new federations

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDX93IX_95s&t=7s
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 3:59am On Nov 19, 2018
You need to read this thread (In fact, you need to read it to the end).

https://www.nairaland.com/4853430/nigerians-react-super-falcons-loss
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 4:47am On Nov 19, 2018
The Super Falcons Predicted This

The Super Falcons complained about the way that they were being treated last year (see screenshots below) and I created a thread about it.

Since then, the full national team have only played a match against France (in which they lost 8-0) and two qualifying matches against Gambia.

Meanwhile, Ghana and South Africa have been playing against Sweden, France, Kenya, Chile and against each other.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 4:49am On Nov 19, 2018
South African captain, Janine Van Wyk, celebrating the fact that they were going to play a friendly against Sweden (they actually played 2 friendlies against Sweden, home and away). The Super Falcons page complained that Nigeria was not doing anything. Asisiat Oshoala hit up Ghanaian captain, Elizabeth Addo (amapele10) to find out if they were in the same situation. Elizabeth Addo said that they were going to play France (I thought that she was joking, but they did indeed play France. I think that Oshoala also thought that she was joking, because she joked that we are playing Germany).

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naijaseeker: 5:28am On Nov 19, 2018
humberjade:

Me think sey those at d glasshouse are just using d oyinbos to loot money

grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by joxxy01(m): 7:16pm On Nov 19, 2018
Ekaka1:

Please stop all these racist nonsense. Be civil at least if you're frustrated show it with caution
okay...I hear u sir.I didn't know I was been racists
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by Duru1(m): 10:51pm On Nov 19, 2018
GistFullGround:
What is the essence of an Oyinbo coach?

This is not a show of wisdom. You should have asked this question before now. Nigeria is a land of fools.
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 12:12pm On Nov 20, 2018
I'm not giving up hope, because we've been here before.

We had a terrible preparation for the 1990 Nations Cup in Algeria. Back then, there was no FIFA rule that mandated clubs to release their players and so most of our foreign based professionals refused to play at the Nations Cup.

Stephen Keshi was our captain, but he was also a very important player for Anderlecht at the time. He was in a dilemma. He had an idea and he made an offer. He said that he could rent a private jet that would fly him to Algeria for the Eagles' matches and fly him back to Belgium for his club's games. Westerhof obviously rejected the offer, so Keshi was out of the squad.

We took a home based team to the Nations Cup. If I remember correctly, Andrew Uweh and Friday Elaho were the only Europe based players in our squad.

Our first match was against the hosts, Algeria. Algeria’s captain was Rabah Madjer and he was probably the biggest African superstar at that time. The Algerians trashed us 5-1. Rabah Madjer scored 2 of the goals (I still hate him till this day) and Emmanuel Okocha (Jay Jay’s elder brother) scored our only goal.

People criticised the team and Coach Westerhof (who was relatively new at that time). The team picked itself up, talked to themselves, motivated themselves and Yekini became our savour. Yekini was playing for Africa Sports of Ivory Coast at that time, so he could attend the Nations Cup.

Yekini scored the only goal as we defeated Egypt in the second match. He scored the only goal again as we defeated Ivory Coast in our third match and we thus qualified for the semi-final.

Yekini was not done. He scored again in the semi-final and Uche Okechukwu added another goal to help us defeat Zambia 0-2.

We ended up playing Algeria again in the final and we lost 1-0, but Nigerians were satisfied that the Eagles had improved greatly after the humiliation of the first game.

Hopefully, the story will be the same with the Falcons and they will overcome their poor preparation to win the tournament and qualify for the World Cup.

Algeria 1990 first match.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9suU5kUILm8

Algeria 1990 final

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TJiqZ5RZQZU

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by naptu2: 8:06pm On Nov 20, 2018
Wow! Mali defeated Ghana 1-2!

Meanwhile, Gabrielle Aboudi Onguene contonues from where she stopped two years ago. She has just scored for Cameroon against Algeria.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by jagbajantus: 2:30pm On Nov 21, 2018
Our NIGERIAN Female tolo-tolos. The Nigerian Super Turkeys

Instead of paying millions to our "Super" Eagles and Falcons, we should just recruit these turkeys in this video to play for us.

1) These turkeys are way cheaper and much fun to watch
2) All you have to do is just feed the turkeys some corn and they are good to go
3) These turkeys are more aggressive and show more interest
4) They look like they enjoy playing the game - that's more than I can say for our Nigerian players

Even tolo-tolo turkeys can play better football than our own Eagles and Falcons.
Why we dey waste our money dey pay players and dey pay these foreign coaches millions? Just sack the whole team and hire some turkeys!
We will just change our name to the Nigerian Super Turkeys and the Nigerian Female Tolo-Tolosgrin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=In5s7r6JQW0&feature=youtu.be
Re: Nigeria Vs South Africa: (AWCON) 2018 Women Cup Of Nations - 0 - 1 (Full Time) by klexycole(m): 4:08pm On Nov 21, 2018
naptu2:
South African captain, Janine Van Wyk, celebrating the fact that they were going to play a friendly against Sweden (they actually played 2 friendlies against Sweden, home and away). The Super Falcons page complained that Nigeria was not doing anything. Asisiat Oshoala hit up Ghanaian captain, Elizabeth Addo (amapele10) to find out if they were in the same situation. Elizabeth Addo said that they were going to play France (I thought that she was joking, but they did indeed play France. I think that Oshoala also thought that she was joking, because she joked that we are playing Germany).

Baba, this screenshot is funny to me. cheesy grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Samuel Chukwueze, Villarreal Players Celebrate Europa League Final Win (Photos) / Cristiano Ronaldo Jr. Leaves Manchester United Academy / Ben Boulware Feeding His Sleeping Teammates In A Bus (Video, Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.