Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,146 members, 7,835,835 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:53 PM

Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers (49246 Views)

Atiku Meets Nigerian Guild Of Editors And Other Media Organisations / Prince Charles Meets Doctors Working In Maiduguri (Video) / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Meets Nigerian Girls That Won World Largest Tech Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 9:32pm On Nov 06, 2018
BeautifulMind2:

No whala you don win, it doesn't change the fact that Obi of Onitsha is most educated and the richest among them
Who is decieving this one?. Do you lesting to yourself?. No king in this country can brag of wealth, influence and whatsoever with the sultan of Sokoto. Stop smoking around.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 06, 2018
Why is my naughty mind telling me, "was the 5% Traditional Rulers ruled out?" Abeg na joke. cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buhari face as he looks at Abubaka

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Ishilove: 9:37pm On Nov 06, 2018
Baba looks so old now... sad
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
Buhari face as he looks at Obi of Onisha

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Maydfourth: 9:38pm On Nov 06, 2018
miteolu:
Where is Oba of Lagooooos?

So, Oba of Lagos is not first class with all these gra gra.
HAAAAA. HAAAAA...Oba of Lagos BAWOOOOOOOO?Dem no dey share egunje fo here now.....������

2 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Zaikon(m): 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
Kenekingisback:
Useless meeting...

When is the meeting with fulani herdsmen happening?

Are these their sponsors?

Hope u r atikulating
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by fakati(m): 9:39pm On Nov 06, 2018
resurgent4oodua:
Watch how igbos will turn the sitting position of the traditional rulers to a hot button tribal war. cool

#istandwithbuharitill2023
meaning you stand with the lifeless be ready to be a resident of Daura because the lifeless is leaving by may 2019
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Maydfourth: 9:40pm On Nov 06, 2018
Release what's the significance of Charles visit??All na SAKAMANJE...

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 06, 2018
His face as he looks oni

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Yankiss(m): 9:42pm On Nov 06, 2018
DeLaRue:
Sultan & Ooni seated on the right & left of Charles. Obi of Onitsha, Emir of Kano, Oba of Benin (Isn't that him in burgundy?) sitted one row behind, as if they are junior. The Obi should be at the front too so that all 3 major groups are duly acknowledged.

I wonder how the federal govt decided that Ooni & Sultan are the most senior.

May be, I'm making too much out of this, but I doubt I am.
The Ooni and Sultan are co chairmen national counci of traditional rulers.

5 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by sangresan(m): 9:46pm On Nov 06, 2018
princdebola201:
sitting according to position
ooni and sultan beside charles.
behind is obi of onitsha,oba benin. emir of kano ,sheu of borno
Obi of Onitsh

Which position?

Ooni of Ife, to all intent and purpose, is a British-made king...The colonial officers elevated that office as if it had any special importance before hand...

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by chiedozie198100: 9:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

I am wondering too! Where is Oba Rilwan Akiolu ooooooo. We shall not take this. The eleko of Eko must be represented here.

On a serious note though, I don't like how Akiolu disrespected the gods of Yorubaland by trying to snub the Ooni sometime last year. It smacked of envy and lack of respect of constituted traditional authority!

and him house catch fire after that incident. grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by sangresan(m): 9:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
resurgent4oodua:
Where Obal Rilwan Akiolu in all of these?

I thought the snubbed the Ooni thinking he's a young man?

Ooni is the Arole oodua. Any other Oba is a counterfeit!

Ogbeni, go and sleep...Oodua sabi im pikins....

AroleOodua, because of the sitting position?

Of course, his office was made relevant by the British Colonial Authority plus the Awolowo-led Action Group govt.

Y
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by RSAV: 9:55pm On Nov 06, 2018
Anyone who thinks the sitting arrangement is random is a real novice. Our formal history was carved majorly by the British, it is therefore not out of place for our monarchs to honour Prince Charles. Note that Prince Charles would also get equal honour from many other Monarchs in Europe. The honour given to Prince Charles by our Kings is not in any way subjugating the black race.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by sangresan(m): 10:04pm On Nov 06, 2018
RSAV:
Anyone who thinks the sitting arrangement is random is a real novice. Our formal history was carved majorly by the British, it is therefore not out of place for our monarchs to honour Prince Charles. Note that Prince Charles would also get equal honour from many other Monarchs in Europe. The honour given to Prince Charles by our Kings is not in any way subjugating the black race.

I don't even think you know the history you are talking about...

And you have some people asking for the Oba of Lagos...

Don't be surprised to see the Prince paying the Oba of Lagos a special visit in Iga.

That's what we have been saying...Look, Lagos was a separate Colony and the king had a high status...If Lagos had demanded for a separate country, they would have gotten it.

Besides, why are people not asking for the Alaafin?

As you can see, these kings are representatives sent from the various regions...

3 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Heybeedee(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
This fist photo says a lot. There is history and relevance in that picture.

Where are historians to come and educate us on this?

That's Oba of Bini back there in the burgundy, next to Shehu of Borno. There is another emir hidden behind Ooni. Who is that? Tell him show face.
Na Etse Nupe dey hide him face ooo�
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Dejijossy(m): 10:07pm On Nov 06, 2018
Where is Oba Eko?
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by baby124: 10:14pm On Nov 06, 2018
Alaafin didn’t even bother to go there. Apart from bleaching, Alaafin is a radical fellow if you look at him closely. That’s why I like him. He won’t honor such funny invitations. Let Queen Eliza come and visit him herself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by lonelydora: 10:19pm On Nov 06, 2018
DeLaRue:
Sultan & Ooni seated on the right & left of Charles. Obi of Onitsha, Emir of Kano, Oba of Benin (Isn't that him in burgundy?) sitted one row behind, as if they are junior. The Obi should be at the front too so that all 3 major groups are duly acknowledged.

I wonder how the federal govt decided that Ooni & Sultan are the most senior.

May be, I'm making too much out of this, but I doubt I am.

The moment i saw that picture i knew people like you will arrive soon. Hahahaha
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by davidnazee: 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
ImperialYoruba:
This fist photo says a lot. There is history and relevance in that picture.

Where are historians to come and educate us on this?

That's Oba of Bini back there in the burgundy, next to Shehu of Borno. There is another emir hidden behind Ooni. Who is that? Tell him show face.

That is your interpretation of the photo.. The sitting arrangement was done by federal government not based on historical relevance.,
From the photo you can see that even though Oba of Benin is placed at the back, his symbol of Power is still besides him, if He was sitted right beside the Prince Charles he will still have his Symbol of power beside him.. unlike Oni wey dem drive him own far away..
Oba of Benin remains the most revered and greatest..

4 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Bakasey: 10:20pm On Nov 06, 2018
My observations:
Obong Of Calabar not seen,
No hand shakes between Prince Charles and the traditional rulers. Pls someone should educate me on this.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by kanayo76: 10:21pm On Nov 06, 2018
TonyeBarcanista:
All these our traditional rulers wey no get level but de collect free money from government purse and stealing of lands.

Meanwhile, I declare this meeting NULL and VOID for reason that no Amayanabo or Pere from the great Ijaw nation was invited
They are been regarded as the omo Igbo, stay there
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by nextstep(m): 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
Ah.. my former subjects... how now? Have you learned to treat your people well and encourage critical thinking in your societies yet?

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by googi: 10:22pm On Nov 06, 2018
This Yoruba people and Oba sef.

How come three of them are represented?

Ooni of If 2. Oba of Benin 3. Obi of Onitsha

Oh, ok. I got it.

Igbo has no king. They are a Republic.

6 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Realdeals(m): 10:26pm On Nov 06, 2018
Juju no fit harm Prince Charles? I also believe the traditional system has outlived its usefulness, it is now an avenue of wastefulness and oppression.
Subjects lives in penury, while the Kings in opulence.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by solihu(m): 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2018
While I acknowledge that there shouldn't be a fuss over the sitting arrangement, it is so glaring the obi is behind the first row.
BeautifulMind2:

Obi of Onitsha is not behind he is setting the same row with Oni, the person that captured them was standing in front of Obi

5 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Guestlander: 10:30pm On Nov 06, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

It's your innate bigotry and inferiority complex that is speaking.

Lmao. Very well said.

2 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Antichristus: 10:40pm On Nov 06, 2018
Chinua Achebe rightly averred in his Things Fall Apart that the Igbos, unlike the Yorubas and the Hausa-Fulanis, have no Kings but family heads. In spite of the recent developments where every Igbo village now self declare or self acclaim as autonomous communities, the fact - as evident in this pictures - remains that the Igbos have no King(s). The Yorubas, in these images, are unequivocally represented by the Ooni of Ife (Arole Oduduwa); the Edos, represented by the Omonoba who unmistakably took his rightful seat behind the Ooni; and, the Hausas and the Fulanis, equally, are unambiguously represented by their Emirs. Any point in asking whether or not the Igbos are duly represented in these images (archived for posterity)?

5 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Eshinwaju: 10:43pm On Nov 06, 2018
If not for regional representation sef.....obi of onicha should not be there in the first place,......there are at least twenty senior kings to him in Nigeria....simple...

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Antichristus: 10:47pm On Nov 06, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

I am wondering too! Where is Oba Rilwan Akiolu ooooooo. We shall not take this. The eleko of Eko must be represented here.

On a serious note though, I don't like how Akiolu disrespected the gods of Yorubaland by trying to snub the Ooni sometime last year. It smacked of envy and lack of respect of constituted traditional authority!

Are Oyo State Governor (Whatever his name is)? Mr Constituted Authority?? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Antichristus: 10:49pm On Nov 06, 2018
sangresan:

Which position?

Ooni of Ife, to all intent and purpose, is a British-made king...The colonial officers elevated that office as if it had any special importance before hand...

Shame on your history teacher if you had one; and shame on your inability to educate yourself in this age of information technology.

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Supreme Court Re-affirms Ademola Adeleke As Osun Governor / Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return / About Half Of Nigeria’s Current Ministers Studied These Courses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.