Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,156 members, 7,835,856 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers (49247 Views)

Atiku Meets Nigerian Guild Of Editors And Other Media Organisations / Prince Charles Meets Doctors Working In Maiduguri (Video) / PHOTOS: Osinbajo Meets Nigerian Girls That Won World Largest Tech Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
sangresan:

Benin didn't pay any tribute to Ife...Some of you just come online to spew trash here...

In fact, no first class oba in Yorubaland has ever paid the Ooni any tribute.....

Until the time of Oba Adesoji Aderemi, Ooni was just another king in Yorubaland....All the tales you have swallowed about his mythical authority were invented.

Alaafin was the Paramount ruler in Yorubaland....The term "Yoruba" refers to Oyo people, not Ife people. The most acceptable form of written Yoruba is "Oyo" not "Ife"...

Many of you making noise here can't even write a sentence in Ife dialect....Besides, Ooni of Ife isn't among Oduduwa children...He is just like a priest appointed to guard the shrine and burial tomb.

So, I don't know where he derives his so-called power from.

Read history and ask questions...Don't just regurgitate what you heard from your ill-informed uncles...

The British came and elevated some kings who didn't resist their rule....They downgraded the Oba of Benin, Awujale of Ijebu, etc...On the other hand, they made the Ooni (who had no standing army), Alake of Egba, and others to look as if they were powerful...That's why I said these kings were British-made....Throughout the world, kings are ranked based on military conquest and conquered territory....For example, Hausa-Fulani people didn't originate from Sokoto, but the Sultan is the No 1 ruler among them due to his past conquests. Further, the Queen of England is also the Head of the Commonwealth due to past victories in battles. Only in Nigeria will you see a king without any history of conquest being described as powerful. A king whose town was sacked by Modakeke forces and had to go on exile in Oke Igbo.

Action Group politics also somehow made Ooni superior to the Alaafin just because the then Alaafin supported NCNC against the AG...

Well, the Ooni is regarded by some pretenders as the paramount Yoruba oba, but in the real sense, he is only the king of his Ife people.

Saying otherwise is just like deceiving ourselves that Nigeria, as presently constituted, makes any sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 2:40pm On Nov 07, 2018
Finally, thank you for standing for the truth.
I have way more respect for the alafin of Oyo than I have for that fake ass king in ife. His followers act as if they were on drugs, they keep making up stories you validate their ooni and keep validating each other. Whomever is on their side is "a prime source" anybody else is "talking based on emotions". Ife is just a village. The oni was a nobody when the Brits arrived for conquest. The Brits built him up as a good puppet and he served the interests of the Brits.

sangresan:

Benin didn't pay any tribute to Ife...Some of you just come online to spew trash here...

In fact, no first class oba in Yorubaland has ever paid the Ooni any tribute.....

Until the time of Oba Adesoji Aderemi, Ooni was just another king in Yorubaland....All the tales you have swallowed about his mythical authority were invented.

Alaafin was the Paramount ruler in Yorubaland....The term "Yoruba" refers to Oyo people, not Ife people. The most acceptable form of written Yoruba is "Oyo" not "Ife"...

Many of you making noise here can't even write a sentence in Ife dialect....Besides, Ooni of Ife isn't among Oduduwa children...He is just like a priest appointed to guard the shrine and burial tomb.

So, I don't know where he derives his so-called power from.

Read history and ask questions...Don't just regurgitate what you heard from your ill-informed uncles...

The British came and elevated some kings who didn't resist their rule....They downgraded the Oba of Benin, Awujale of Ijebu, etc...On the other hand, they made the Ooni (who had no standing army), Alake of Egba, and others to look as if they were powerful...That's why I said these kings were British-made....Throughout the world, kings are ranked based on military conquest and conquered territory....For example, Hausa-Fulani people didn't originate from Sokoto, but the Sultan is the No 1 ruler among them due to his past conquests. Further, the Queen of England is also the Head of the Commonwealth due to past victories in battles. Only in Nigeria will you see a king without any history of conquest being described as powerful. A king whose town was sacked by Modakeke forces and had to go on exile in Oke Igbo.

Action Group politics also somehow made Ooni superior to the Alaafin just because the then Alaafin supported NCNC against the AG...

Well, the Ooni is regarded by some pretenders as the paramount Yoruba oba, but in the real sense, he is only the king of his Ife people.

Saying otherwise is just like deceiving ourselves that Nigeria, as presently constituted, makes any sense.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2018
One thing I also noticed is that the ooni constantly seeks validation from the British crown. And that should open the eyes of his drunk followers.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by theDEVILisHERE: 2:45pm On Nov 07, 2018
Hopeless and worthless idiots called traditional rulers
Entertaining a vagabond from the linage of demons who destroyed your people's life and desecrated your land and culture

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 2:51pm On Nov 07, 2018
I am happy my King didn't go there to entertain anybody nor to seek validation but to reclaim the belongings of his great great grand father, Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi. Oba ghstokpere, Isse.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by scholes0(m): 3:16pm On Nov 07, 2018
RedboneSmith:
So a prince, a mere prince o not even a king, comes to town and Kings of old glorious kingdoms left their palaces and journeyed long distances to take a photo with him where his seat is symbolically positioned ahead of all of them.

And the fawning monkeys we are, we are here bragging about which Kings got the seats closest to the prince.

A mere prince.

Tufia! We have chop shït.

He is next in line though. Crown Prince.
Eliza is as good as dead, and he is the King in Making... but you still make sense.

I wonder why they didn't all sit at a round table.

When this man was in Ghana 2-3 days ago he visited the palace of the Asantehene in Kumasi , but with the complexities of Nigeria, I guess he can't possibly visit all those royal palaces in his short stay and hence whey they had to meet in Abuja. So tis is not a racial issue.

Still sha, the sitting arrangement was terrible, Hierarchy or not.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Blacgzeus: 3:23pm On Nov 07, 2018
Oba ghato kperre Isee.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 3:26pm On Nov 07, 2018
scholes0:

He is next in line though. Crown Prince.
Eliza is as good as dead, and he is the King in Making... but you still make sense.

I wonder why they didn't all sit at a round table.

When this man was in Ghana 2-3 days ago he visited the palace of the Asantehene in Kumasi , but with the complexities of Nigeria, I guess he can't possibly visit all those royal palaces in his short stay and hence whey they had to meet in Abuja. So tis is not a racial issue.

Still sha, the sitting arrangement was terrible, Hierarchy or not.
Don't call her that, one day you will be as old as her, would you like being called "as good as dead" ? We are all growing old, let's respect age rather than mock age.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Blacgzeus: 3:36pm On Nov 07, 2018
Oba of Great Benin Empire.

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by scholes0(m): 3:38pm On Nov 07, 2018
prolog2:
Don't call her that, one day you will be as old as her, would you like being called "as good as dead" ? We are all growing old, let's respect age rather than mock age.

Well I pray I even live up to her age... I am just blut with the truth, that is how I am. That is not mockery pls, yu don't know what mockery is?
Life expectancy in the Uk for females is 83 yrs, she is way past that.
And you didnt have anything to say to the rest of my comments except about eliza's age?
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Favor99(m): 4:28pm On Nov 07, 2018
So now Nigerians are not going to rubbish these kings like they did to the oba of Benin. You all where calling oba names mocking him saying how can he leave his palace to go see a prince

Mocking him for leaving Benin to see colonial master.
You see yourselves.
Now you see your own kings ooni of Ife and obi of onitsha are there, you all are not saying anything negative about them.
Did these kings not fly to Abuja to meet the same prince Oba is meeting? Oh ho
You see yourselves..
tribalists
Hypocrites
Here is the link and see how Nigerians we’re dissing oba.
These Anti-Edo people sha

https://www.nairaland.com/4828361/oba-benin-arrives-abuja-style

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Nobody: 5:02pm On Nov 07, 2018
DeLaRue:
Sultan & Ooni seated on the right & left of Charles. Obi of Onitsha, Emir of Kano, Oba of Benin (Isn't that him in burgundy?) sitted one row behind, as if they are junior. The Obi should be at the front too so that all 3 major groups are duly acknowledged.

I wonder how the federal govt decided that Ooni & Sultan are the most senior.

May be, I'm making too much out of this, but I doubt I am.
Constantly looking for British validation, Yoruba and low self-esteem. That is the British high commission, so federal government had nothing to do with sitting arrangements for the photo op. Also charles is not God, sitting in the front row of the photo op and next to Charles is not an achievement. What was the message of your ooni ?

3 Likes

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by awo666(m): 5:18am On Nov 08, 2018
Thank you Alaafin for not going.
you are indeed not in their class. you are a king others bowed down to their white masters
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by ImperialYoruba: 7:31am On Nov 08, 2018
odigbosky:

After reading all through your write up, i came to the conclusion that you just came here for the whole yoruba superiority contest. It is obvious that you are yoruba. You made a claim that the yorubas thought us metal casting. What kind of metal, you did not indicate. You went further to say ancient Edos got all their metal works from ife. This literally meant all Benin war equipments were gotten from Ife. i would then ask what did Oba Ewedo then fight with i guess with stone tools. What Egharevba talked about was about Bronze Casting and it is very wrong to paint a picture as if the Edos had no prior knowledge to metal works before the Oguola time. Some of the first moats were built by Oba Oguola during wars with the Duke of Udo called Akpanigiakon.
As for the stool, it was one of the things surrendered to Oba Ewedo after he defeated Ogiame in the battle of Ekiophaga. Son for you to say the stool also came from ife...please bro just drop the whole ethnic shit and sip your alomo bitters.

Those swords are associated with the Monarchy of Benin and not any king in Yoruba land.

You dont know your history.

Who is your deity of iron and whats his name?

1 Like

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by ImperialYoruba: 7:34am On Nov 08, 2018
Me i love this Oba of Benin sha. I respect him and wish him peaceful reign, may his reign bring prosperity and growth, Ase!

Omo n'Oba, Kaabiyesi o!
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 10:32am On Nov 08, 2018
I hope they understand that Prince Charles was telling them that they are the real Caretakers of The Land for God.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 10:36am On Nov 08, 2018
TwoBottles:
The traditional institution should be scrapped. It is the most corrupt and prejudiced institution in the whole country. Traditional rulers are champions in land grabbing and voodoo. If I remember my history lessons very well; they encouraged slavery by accepting little gifts from Europeans and sold their people for a pittance. Till date, they haven't changed.

You are cloned too.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 10:42am On Nov 08, 2018
DeLaRue:
Sultan & Ooni seated on the right & left of Charles. Obi of Onitsha, Emir of Kano, Oba of Benin (Isn't that him in burgundy?) sitted one row behind, as if they are junior. The Obi should be at the front too so that all 3 major groups are duly acknowledged.

I wonder how the federal govt decided that Ooni & Sultan are the most senior.

May be, I'm making too much out of this, but I doubt I am.

Ooni owns Nigeria. The Sultan is running after him to abduct him.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 10:46am On Nov 08, 2018
DEXTROVERT:
Wasting Public Funds Up AND Down

No no no. This is real Culture.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 10:47am On Nov 08, 2018
DEXTROVERT:
Wasting Public Funds Up AND Down

No no no. This is real Culture.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 10:57am On Nov 08, 2018
Kennedy94:
cool

And stylish.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 11:15am On Nov 08, 2018
slimfit1:

You dey vex

Yes. Naim send our mamas to Libya and Italy for, you know now.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 11:19am On Nov 08, 2018
resurgent4oodua:
Where Obal Rilwan Akiolu in all of these?

I thought the snubbed the Ooni thinking he's a young man?

Ooni is the Arole oodua. Any other Oba is a counterfeit!

Rilwan is busy preparing The Lagoon for the Ibos.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 11:22am On Nov 08, 2018
resurgent4oodua:

I don start to vex small small.

Yankuri.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 11:24am On Nov 08, 2018
theDEVILisHERE:
Hopeless and worthless idiots called traditional rulers
Entertaining a vagabond from the linage of demons who destroyed your people's life and desecrated your land and culture

Easy.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by orisa37: 11:28am On Nov 08, 2018
prolog2:
I am happy my King didn't go there to entertain anybody nor to seek validation but to reclaim the belongings of his great great grand father, Oba Ovonramwen Nogbaisi. Oba ghstokpere, Isse.

Speaking in Tongue? What is ghost-to-kill-pere?
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by TAO11(f): 7:25pm On Nov 08, 2018
AyakaDunukofia:

No, the British came, saw and ranked based on their evaluation of each tribe's stupidity and maleability.

Lugard handover notes are still a reference point before any high profile visit. The easterners had no time for ass licking.

LUGARD'S DUAL MANDATE ON NIGERIAN TRIBES
1922...( Copied from Mathew Mbanaja"s wall)

*The handover notes Lord Lugard wrote to his colleague, Walter H. Lang, on the 25th of September 1918. The quote reads inter alia:*

HAUSA
The Hausa-Fulani has no ideals, no ambitions save such as sensual in character. He is a fatalist, spendthrift and a gambler. He is gravely immoral and is seriously diseased that he is a menace to any community to which he seeks to attach himself.

YORUBA
Lagos has for 20 years opposed every Governor and has formented strife and bloodshed in the hinterland…, I have spent the best part of my life in Africa; my aim has been the betterment of the natives for whom I have been ready to give my life. But after some 29 years, and after nearly 12 years as Governor here, I am free to say that the people of Lagos and indeed the westerners are the lowest, the most seditious and disloyal, the most purely prompted by self-seeking money motives of any people I have met.

IGBO
These people of predominantly Eastern Nigeria are fiercely rebellious with no regard for authority. Though industrious and religious, in deference to the objectives of her majesty and the crown, they are highly dangerous to be trusted with.

Your argument here doesn't relate to what I wrote.

I'm talking about rankings in our monarchy which the whites met.

But you are talking about the ethnic groups they decided to give governance priority of lagos colony and the protectorates to.
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by odigbosky(m): 9:44am On Nov 11, 2018
some pictures

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by odigbosky(m): 9:45am On Nov 11, 2018

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by odigbosky(m): 9:46am On Nov 11, 2018
Oba of Benin and Prince Charles

Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Ayobami7(m): 10:04am On Nov 11, 2018
上海上港集团队 Shanghai SIPG FC
Re: Prince Charles Meets Nigerian Traditional Rulers by Ayobami7(m): 10:05am On Nov 11, 2018
this is my comment

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Femi Gbajabiamila: Why I Did Not Collect Certificate Of Return / About Half Of Nigeria’s Current Ministers Studied These Courses / Doyin Okupe Spotted In A Keke Napep In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.