Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,007 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:38 PM

Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' - Travel (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' (47077 Views)

Poor State Of Benin-Auchi Federal Highway (Photos) / Hummer Crashed Into Oba Of Benin's Palace Wall, Gets Destroyed, But Not The Wall / Prince Charles Drives Classic 49 Year Old Aston Martin That Runs On White Wine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Nlkay(m): 12:45am On Nov 07, 2018
physise:
WHY IS THE OBA OF BENIN SITTING BEHIND A PRINCE?
The sitting pattern wasn't according to weight or might. Emir of Kano is also behind.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Teeisaac(m): 12:51am On Nov 07, 2018
After all d noice he still sit behind my​ OBA grin Enitan, arole odua

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 07, 2018
SilentListener:
he's calling khiaa to come and save him, lol. grin the same Black Americans that are feeding of food stamps. grin grin
Lmao.I just tire for some people.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by chosenwan1(m): 1:14am On Nov 07, 2018
Finally someone with some balls
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by chisani(m): 1:16am On Nov 07, 2018
I thought most of the artifacts collected or stolen from the ancient Benin palace have been replicated! The Oba asking them to returned it now sound odd and mirage as far as this is concern. If you know the British very well, then the request of the Oba is just a wishful thinking.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by tealaw(m): 1:19am On Nov 07, 2018
Abeg, wetin una wan carry the stupid artefacts do?
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by YoungLionken(m): 1:27am On Nov 07, 2018
ednut1:
With our so called juju the british destroyed the kingdom easily. Proof that juju is fake
There were snitches
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Jaqenhghar: 1:47am On Nov 07, 2018
SilentListener:
oh your foolishness is amazing, look at the nonsense you spill. undecided you like the good life but you don't want to work towards it right? You just want to enjoyed from other people sweat? So tomorrow if the u .s start crumbling, and Nigeria start improving.you will denounced u.s.and start loving Nigeria. undecided no wonder your sisters are getting rape to death every day. In Libya, foolishness is in you peoples blood.spit.
The US may crumble ( very likely)
But Niggeria will NEVER improve
You can abuse me

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Jaqenhghar: 1:49am On Nov 07, 2018
PrinceCharmings:
you are calling khiaa to come and do what?
Come and read
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Dollabiz: 1:50am On Nov 07, 2018
smiley
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Rossikki: 2:19am On Nov 07, 2018
Strange that they cast us as savage and uncivilized, in Tarzan movies and other media, while looting thousands of our 'savage, uncivilized' artefacts and refusing to give them back.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Ilamina(f): 2:47am On Nov 07, 2018
What do the white people see in those boring artifacts

To steal them
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by igbobabe02: 3:05am On Nov 07, 2018
Finally, a black man who won’t tap dance for their oppressors.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by vioment: 3:20am On Nov 07, 2018
All those cap and Halloween wearing men there, their total levels no even reach prince charles own. The royal navy go handle all of them combined in 2 weeks or less if things red. It was just stated recently that there are more exotic cars on london streets than any other cities in the world; and oh by the way, the whole of england/uk do not understand the experience of lack of electricity.

People dey talk better thing, i don't undermine the importance of those arts but how have the arts in nigeria being of importance, na just say na london hold am, na im dey do us. The infrastructures done during colonization era are still standing firm today. An intelligent leadership especially elected leadership, would try to get know hows to better their citizens. But some people are talking about arts as if that has done anything in the past, as if the environment of where this art will be located is conducive for tourism; or as if, they can keep this art safely from theft and degradation; abi na for darkness dem dey use go look art.

4 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by phabulux: 3:37am On Nov 07, 2018
ihatebuhari:
God bless my state Edo.

Thou I hate that shitthhole called Nigeria but am so glad my Edo mum did secure a better life for us here

You effing wish!cheesy

Love your aaasss though.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by TAO11(f): 4:04am On Nov 07, 2018
Nlkay:
The sitting pattern wasn't according to weight or might. Emir of Kano is also behind.

Be deluding your self.

Go and read about the man in Benin history called Igueghae (aka Igue-Igha) and begin to have an idea of the superiority and lordship of Ife and its monarchy over and above Benin and its monarchy.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by TAO11(f): 4:16am On Nov 07, 2018
ednut1:
With our so called juju the british destroyed the kingdom easily. Proof that juju is fake

Conclusions like this is borne out of our usual assumption that the whites generally are naive and they don't have juju.

Oga the whites had juju and gun (The Greco-Roman civilization with its withes, wizards, gods, etc. quickly comes to mind). In fact, I read somewhere long ago about a time in the history of the British people when parliament passed a law banning any further practice of witchcraft. There would be no point banning it if they never practiced it for real.

We had only juju and cutlass, etc ... with no anti-bullet juju back den oo, because we needed to have guns first before we can come up with any invention of anti-bullet juju.

They had juju, guns, and whatever we had. So tell me how they won't colonize us.

2 Likes

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Nobody: 4:23am On Nov 07, 2018
MediahelmNGR:
The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, today asked the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, to lend his voice to the call for the British empire to return all the ancient Benin artifacts that were taken by the British authorities in 1897.

Speaking at the parley the visiting British royal had with royal fathers this evening, the Benin monarch told Prince Charles that the repatriation of the artifacts would enable him establish Oba Palace Museum for the promotion of tourism in his kingdom.

Other traditional rulers that attended the meeting were the Ooni of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi; Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar; Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe; Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, and others.

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/return-our-stolen-artifacts-oba-of.html

They should return the artifacts. British are thieves. They stole australia from its indigenous ppl. The aboriginals. Killed most of them stole their children enslaved their woman and took their land. Spit on the british

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by deebrownneymar: 5:13am On Nov 07, 2018
He has been warned
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Nobody: 5:26am On Nov 07, 2018
Jaqenhghar:

The US may crumble ( very likely)
But Niggeria will NEVER improve
You can abuse me
of course I will do that grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by baby124: 5:28am On Nov 07, 2018
Teeisaac:
After all d noice he still sit behind my​ OBA grin Enitan, arole odua
Ooni NOT Oba
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by anselm791(m): 5:30am On Nov 07, 2018
ednut1:

or maybe there's power in that name Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by mysteryman2014: 5:35am On Nov 07, 2018
Topmaike007:
I like this man him get mouth,I hope my ooni Will also talk cos our ori olokun and Osupa ijio is something that was taken from us too oo

Ori Olokun is sitting pretty in a British Museum, I saw it the last time I visited grin grin grin
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by israelmao(m): 5:56am On Nov 07, 2018
Oba of Benin using euphemism to cover up robbery,those artefacts were stolen not taken.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by emmie14: 5:59am On Nov 07, 2018
Patrioticman007:
That British empire should return your artifacts and the Religion of your ancestors, not the fake religion they used in colonizing and abducting your ancestors to serve as slaves in sugar & Banana plantations, in New world. "" when they came they told us to close ours eyes and pray, which we did, when we opened our eyes our lands where gone but they left us with their book called Bible "" keani materyu. 1823. This why I don't blame yahoo boys, if they defraud oyinbo slave masters, na return leg, naija dey play them.
Sometimes people sounds stupid and insensitive. Learn to balance your complains and criticism. British took your lands and left you with bible alone. Without the same people you won't have the opportunity to write and insult those who brought civilization to your land. . Bible is religion and education. That is the greatest gift the white bequeathed to Africa. I can elaborate if you cares.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by emmie14: 6:02am On Nov 07, 2018
israelmao:
Oba of Benin using euphemism to cover up robbery,those artefacts were stolen not taken.
The same stealing going on in south south by the north.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by wink2015(m): 6:09am On Nov 07, 2018
MediahelmNGR:
The Oba of Benin, Ewuare II, today asked the Prince of Wales, Prince Charles, to lend his voice to the call for the British empire to return all the ancient Benin artifacts that were taken by the British authorities in 1897.

Speaking at the parley the visiting British royal had with royal fathers this evening, the Benin monarch told Prince Charles that the repatriation of the artifacts would enable him establish Oba Palace Museum for the promotion of tourism in his kingdom.

Other traditional rulers that attended the meeting were the Ooni of Ife, Enitan Ogunwusi; Sultan of Sokoto, Sa’ad Abubakar; Obi of Onitsha, Igwe Alfred Achebe; Emir of Kano, Lamido Sanusi, and others.

https://www.mediahelm.com.ng/2018/11/return-our-stolen-artifacts-oba-of.html

Those artefacts will be stolen here in Nigeria if returned and the British knows this facts.

With the way and manners we go about administration this priceless artefacts will be stolen and sold to European museum on their return from British custody.

We do not have the discipline and good organization that kept those treasures for years in Britain.

Although by mere political statement we still have the legal right to ask for the return of these artefacts from Britain.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Mikeal09: 6:24am On Nov 07, 2018
ihatebuhari:
God bless my state Edo.

Thou I hate that shitthhole called Nigeria but am so glad my Edo mum did secure a better life for us here

Damn babe, you've got a bright future behind you.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Nobody: 6:25am On Nov 07, 2018
KingOvo:
The Benin monarch has once again proved that he doesn't lick boots!
They should return Queen Idia's mask to Nigeria and particularly Benin Kingdom where it belongs!

If it's people from the North now, I won't say anything. .
abeg make them leave am for people who sabi keep something.. how much of your history has been preserved by your own people?
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by JuanDeDios: 6:27am On Nov 07, 2018
Darkseid:
Return wetin? Those things are better off where they are currently, at least they are being appreciated there. Bring it to Nigeria and watch it become junk in less than one year. How many museums in Nigeria are functioning let alone being up to standard angry angry
This is nonsense. Why do you think the people that made the art works do not appreciate them? Those things were not junk when the British looted them; they were well kept in the Oba's Palace. We are not against the export of art, but they should be properly negotiated and paid for, not stolen.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by JuanDeDios: 6:30am On Nov 07, 2018
TAO11:

Conclusions like this is borne out of our usual assumption that the whites generally are naive and they don't have juju.

Oga the whites had juju and gun (The Greco-Roman civilization with its withes, wizards, gods, etc. quickly comes to mind). In fact, I read somewhere long ago about a time in the history of the British people when parliament passed a law banning any further practice of witchcraft. There would be no point banning it if they never practiced it for real.

We had only juju and cutlass, etc ... with no anti-bullet juju back den oo, because we needed to have guns first before we can come up with any invention of anti-bullet juju.

They had juju, guns, and whatever we had. So tell me how they won't colonize us.
So the British used juju on Benin - I guess that's why all the human sacrifices the natives made to ward off the invaders failed. Wonderful.
Re: Oba Of Benin To Prince Charles: ''Return Our Stolen Artifacts'' by Mikeal09: 6:31am On Nov 07, 2018
Missyford31:

They should return the artifacts. British are thieves. They stole australia from its indigenous ppl. The aboriginals. Killed most of them stole their children enslaved their woman and took their land. Spit on the british

Madam, calm down. Let them answer Nigeria first na.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Flaunts Cash Before Buying New Car,Crashes It In A Building A Day After.PICS / How Nigeria Airport Staff Welcomed Me Home After 4 Years - Nigerian Man Laments / Death Of A Dream : The Crash Of Air France Concorde Flight 4590

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.