Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,728 members, 7,809,774 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:40 PM

These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. (2234 Views)

Biblical Evidence: Christians Should Believe In The Prophet Mohammed / Reasons Why You Should Believe Mfm’s Olukoya 2020 Prophecies / 7 Reasons Why You Should Believe In Christ Jesus Now (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:15am On Nov 09, 2018
Stephaustin:
Thank you very much Originakalokalo for the enlightenment you have made out time to give in this thread concerning our Faith and the Holy Scriptures. I really immensely appreciate this.

May God supply you with all the grace, wisdom, knowledge, and understanding needed to achieve more exploits.

I also love the way you have chosen to ignore the distractions that aim to derail the objective of the thread.

Please I sent you a mail; I would appreciate if you can reply it.

Glory to God.

May God bless us all with more grace...

I have replied your mail.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:24am On Nov 09, 2018
I bring yet another subtle but powerful point..

Preamble:

We know who the Greeks are...How they loved knowledge, new ideas, logical reasoning and critical thinking .

The likes of Aristotle, Socrates etc comes to mind.. According to historical books that are readily available,

they even travelled from place to place, influencing people, and engaging in logical reasoning with them...

Look at Paul's assessment of the Athenians.. when he was preaching in Athens, in Greece.

Act 17 vs 21:

(All the Athenians and the foreigners who lived there spent their time doing nothing but talking about and listening to the latest ideas.)

Glory to God.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by theoriginalgood: 5:38pm On Nov 09, 2018
The Bible definitely holds some strong truths in it, check this one out:

https://www.nairaland.com/4831069/truth-set-free-john-8
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Stephaustin(m): 9:33pm On Nov 09, 2018
Originakalokalo:

Glory to God.
May God bless us all with more grace...
I have replied your mail.
Amen! Thank you very much sir.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:04am On Nov 10, 2018
Stephaustin:
Amen! Thank you very much sir.
You are welcome sir.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:28am On Nov 12, 2018
Good morning guys..
Take a look at this:

" The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the

days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah."
(Isaiah 1: 1)

This verse was used to date Isaiah's prophecy since we know from here that he prophesied

during the reign of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz and Hezekiah.

The history books of kings of Israel and the Isaiah scrolls that were discovered, Tally in dates...You can find out.

Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:59am On Nov 12, 2018
This one is awesome....

" Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel."
(Isaiah 7: 14)

Immanuel as used in this text means mighty God....etc check the meaning of Immanuel using concordance

Let's look at Isaiah 9 vs 6..

" For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor,

The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace."
(Isaiah 9: 6)

These two agree...

See what Jesus told Philip:

" Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?

he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou hen, Shew us the Father? "
(John 14: 9)

The father is God...the mighty one...

These three verses are in agreement...

The disciples were hard core Jews. They will never think to equate Jesus with God

IF JESUS DID NOT SAY SO....

and IF THEY DIDN'T BELIEVE HIM...

If you want to kill a Jew, tell him to associated a man with God..

We bless God for his word.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2018
Apart from scrolls and dating, the Bible itself is consistent with itself.
There is agreement of theme and purpose.
We bless God for his word.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 4:16pm On Nov 13, 2018
Jesus is Lord.
Accept him today and be free.
The thread will continue shortly.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 1:34am On Nov 18, 2018
Kizme:
God bless you for this thread.i believe in God and in the blood of the lamb

Amen.

Hold on to your believe.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 2:12am On Nov 18, 2018
What Moses Recorded about Egypt, passing the red sea and victories for Israel was also stated by Nehemiah hundreds of years after Moses...

Nehemiah was thousands of generations away from Moses but the same messages was preserved.

" And didst see the affliction of our fathers in Egypt, and heardest their cry by the Red sea;"
(Nehemiah 9: 9)

" And thou didst divide the sea before them, so that they went through the midst of the sea on

the dry land; and their persecutors thou threwest into the deeps, as a stone into the mighty waters."
(Nehemiah 9: 11)
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 2:35am On Nov 18, 2018
Look at this statement...
(Nehemiah 13 )
------------
1 On that day they read in the book of Moses in the audience of the people; and therein was found written,

that the Ammonite and the Moabite should not come into the congregation of God for ever;

2 Because they met not the children of Israel with bread and with water, but hired Balaam against them,

that he should curse them: howbeit our God turned the curse into a blessing.

In the days of Nehemiah, hundreds of generations away, they found IN THE BOOK OF MOSES...

What they found according to that passage above is written in the books of Deuteronomy and Numbers...

This generation regarded these two books as the book of Moses.

We, thousands of years away, still regard those books as the books of Moses...

of course this goes to show that the accounts of the book of moses as at then, was handed over to us now...

How God was able to preserve his word for this long is amazing.
What a Powerful God we serve
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:17am On Nov 19, 2018
I told you that this thread is continuous.

Let me show you another point...

(John 4 )
------------
21 Jesus saith unto her, Woman, believe me, the hour cometh, when ye shall neither in this mountain, nor yet at Jerusalem, worship the Father.

23 But the hour cometh, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit and in truth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth.

Here, Jesus prophesied that People will not go to Jerusalem anymore to go and worship... It was so in those days as people from places as far as Ethiopia,

Syria, etc converge in Jerusalem during Passover and other days to worship.

Now, that prophecy signified an end to sacrifices to God by a priest in a temple in Jerusalem...

Only Jewish Priests are allowed to do this sacrifices.

But Jesus prophesied that it will end...

Look at today, Christians all over the world gather anywhere to pray..

Jesus said, whenever two or three are gathered in my name.... There I am in their midst.

Judaism is destroyed by this prophecy...

..as we see today....

Jesus is lord.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:47am On Nov 19, 2018
This one is awesome. ....

Jeremiah bought a land from his cousin and gave an instruction thus:

"Take this document of purchase and put it in a clay jar so that it will last longer "

Some scrolls of Old Testament prophets were found in jars of clay...

God is great.

Believe in Jesus... And you will be saved.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 19, 2018
smiley
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 7:25am On Nov 23, 2018
Tadhg:
smiley

Read the word of God and get life for your soul.

As bread is to the body of man, so is the bread of life to the soul.

God bless you .
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 3:01pm On Nov 28, 2018
A miracle was described in John 5.

Take a look at verse 2.

" Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches."
(John 5: 2)

(John 5 )
------------
3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water.

4 For an angel went down at a certain season into the pool, and troubled the water: whosoever then first after the troubling of the water stepped in was made whole of whatsoever disease he had.

That's a great description of a place...this makes the healing that took place there verifiable.

Verse 3 and 4 contain a serious claim that would require anyone to verify ...

Angel coming into a pool of water to stir it for healing?..

That is a lot of claims......but the exact location of the pool was given...

So, no fear of the claims then....
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 10:24am On Nov 30, 2018
Jesus is Lord.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 2:09am On Dec 04, 2018
We bless the name of the Lord for his word.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 1:49pm On Dec 04, 2018
Jeremiah mentioned the worship of The Queen of Heaven...Jere 44 vs 19.

Check Wikipedia and other historians about this title...

It was a god that was served by all Canaanites and surrounding nations then..

It is an interesting read online as there are many sources.

God is great.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 2:54pm On Dec 04, 2018
Jeremiah 46 mentioned the battle of Carchemish...

Check the Nebuchadnezzar chronicle... it is an account of ten year rule of Nebuchadnezzar.... It is a tablet in A museum. ...

This battle as prophesied by Jeremiah is mentioned in this tablet.

God is God.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 8:57am On Dec 06, 2018
John 16 vs 2...."A time will come when people will kill you and think that they do service to God.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 6:35am On Dec 18, 2018
The Bible is the word of God.

Read, meditate and live it.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 11:13pm On Jan 01, 2019
" Thus saith the Lord GOD; This is Jerusalem: I have set it in the midst of the nations and countries that are round about her."
(Ezekiel 5: 5.

Jerusalem as we know it is in the midst of nations and countries....

The bible tells us that the surrounding nations are wicked in the sight of God..

These clues are good to show that the bible is true and the Word of God.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 9:38am On Jan 04, 2019
The secret of life is in the scriptures.

Read, meditate and obey it.

1 Like

Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by CodeTemplar: 11:10am On Jan 04, 2019
Originakalokalo:

The secret of life is in the scriptures.

Read, meditate and obey it.
The letter killeth but the spirit maketh alive .
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Nobody: 11:32am On Jan 04, 2019
Originakalokalo:
This thread will take a long time to complete. As I study the Bible,

I will bring points to show you why I have so much faith in the Bible.

pls follow me closely.

I have one already.

1. The Author of The book of Joshua tells us how the sun stood still for almost a day... and

the day time stayed longer.

Look at one wonderful verse in that chapter :

" And the sun stood still, and the moon stayed, until the people had avenged themselves upon their enemies.

Is not this written in the book of Jasher? So the sun stood still in the midst of heaven, and hasted not to go down about a whole day."
(Joshua 10: 13)

The author called our attention to the credibility of the story by saying :

IS THIS NOT WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF JASHER?

A book has the same account... the book of Jasher ......

People at this time would read the book of Joshua and seeing that it called another book for a witness, these people will definitely look for that book of jasher.

There is no way this will be a lie.

Now, there is a South American Legend of the sun refusing to set.... for a whole day..

In that part of the world, history has it that the worship of the sun began there after the incident.

2. Apostle John, after seeing the mind-blowing, heart rending and unspeakable revelation as penned down by him, said these words...

(Revelation 22 )
------------
18 18 For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book,

If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:

19 And if any man shall take away from the words of the book of this prophecy,

God shall take away his part out of the book of life, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.

Copycats were many during this day. he John did not want anything to taint what he had seen..

and written...

He called God to take away the copycats portion in heaven, and then increase his share of the horror that are listed.

What more could be this authentic? uh?

If the content of the book of Revelation is this True and authentic,

THEN AS AN UNBELIEVER, YOU ARE IN TROUBLE.
Hmmn...i have a question
Why was the gospel of mary magdalene and 7 books of moses excluded from the bible
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 3:34pm On Jan 04, 2019
Michellekabod1:

Hmmn...i have a question
Why was the gospel of mary magdalene and 7 books of moses excluded from the bible

Most of the books selected in the Bible were chosen by the holy spirit and some other factors came into play..

There were books from copyists, imposters and other sources.

The contents of the books of the bible were carefully selected because of these factors.

Apostle John, having knew that copyists and imposters were everywhere, placed a curse on anyone who tries to add or subtract from the book of revelation.

I have read the book the gospel of Mary.....

It's contents are different from what the four gospels teaches..

I am not an expert in text scrutiny, but I will throw away that book without thinking twice.

.besides, the authorship is not known and

Eight pages of the scripts are missing. ..

It could be the work of an imposter..

Seven books of Moses made it look as though Moses,

through some statements that looked like incantations, did all those miracles.

....and we know better.

God did all the miracles through Moses...

All by God, himself.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 04, 2019
Originakalokalo:

Most of the books selected in the Bible were chosen by the holy spirit and some other factors came into play..

There were books from copyists, imposters and other sources.

The contents of the books of the bible were carefully selected because of these factors.

Apostle John, having knew that copyists and imposters were everywhere, placed a curse on anyone who tries to add or subtract from the book of revelation.

I have read the book the gospel of Mary.....

It's contents are different from what the four gospels teaches..

I am not an expert in text scrutiny, but I will throw away that book without thinking twice.

.besides, the authorship is not known and

Eight pages of the scripts are missing. ..

It could be the work of an imposter..

Seven books of Moses made it look as though Moses,

through some statements that looked like incantations, did all those miracles.

....and we know better.

God did all the miracles through Moses...

All by God, himself.

Lols....you are amusing,holy spirit through who? I thought all scripture ought to be profitable and that a curse is on anyone who subtracts from scripture so why were they subtracted?
Why is king james version different from good news?

1 Like

Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 4:07pm On Jan 04, 2019
Michellekabod1:

Lols....you are amusing,holy spirit through who? I thought all scripture ought to be profitable and that a curse is on anyone who subtracts from scripture so why were they subtracted?
Why is king james version different from good news?

Read about the canonical of the biblical books.

You will see why those books of the bible were carefully selected.

The direct translation of the Hebrew text is the King James version...

The Holy Spirit through the Septuagint (the 70) assembled the bible books...

Like I said earlier, I will throw away the gospel of Mary, and seven books of Moses anytime any day.

We bless the name of the Lord for his word.

Jesus is Lord.
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by LordReed(m): 5:59pm On Jan 04, 2019
LMFAO! Yet all those crusades will use electric lights that were made by men when they could have just prayed for a 3hr sunlight extension. LMFAO!
Re: These Are The Reasons Why You Should Believe The Bible. by Originakalokalo(m): 7:16pm On Jan 04, 2019
LordReed:
LMFAO! Yet all those crusades will use electric lights that were made by men when they could have just prayed for a 3hr sunlight extension. LMFAO!

He writes the same way in all his letters, speaking in them of these matters. His letters contain some things

that are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the other Scriptures, to their own destruction.

(2 Peter 3: 16)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Giveaway: I Need Ideas!! / Eve Gave Adam Weed To Smoke And Not Fruits / 20 Naira Or Less, Does God Deserve More?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.