Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,108 members, 7,811,120 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:23 AM

New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC (16401 Views)

Imo: NLC Vows To Go Ahead With Strike, Despite Court Order / Why We Called Off Election Boycott- IPOB / New Minimum Wage: FG Announces Decision On Workers’ Salary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:30am On Nov 08, 2018
Roadto2019:

Not all. Some supported Ganduje but I noticed you didn't. Keep up the good works. Can I get free BBQ?
We will never support any corrupt politician, no matter the party they are!

About Free Barbecue? Anytime bro! wink
Re: New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC by DanDeeBoss(m): 8:31am On Nov 08, 2018
post=72779899:
HOW THE COUNTRY CAN PAY MINIMUM WAGE COMFORTABLY..........

1. Abolish SECURITY VOTE in NIGERIA. Nigeria will pay N45,000 minimum wage comfortably.

2. a) Abolish CONSTITUENCY PROJECT FUNDS
b) Reduce no of ADVISERS to SENATE PRES(2), HOUSE SPEAKER(2), GOVs(4), PRESIDENT(5), VP(2)
c) Reduce current ALL Political Office Holders PAY CHEQUES by 51.5%, without exception
d) Do away with special remuneration to POLITICAL ADVISERS & PUBLIC SERVANTS eg; Purchase of Private Vehicles, Houses, granting Govt paid Vacations, paying for 1st & Business Class Transportations, etc, etc...
e) Abolish payment of OVERSEAS MEDICAL BILLS for Political Office Holders
f) Eliminate PRIVATE PRACTICE in public workforce
g) Eliminate participation of Public Workforce in Partisan Politics
h) Institute EMPLOYMENT BY MERIT, and eliminate UNDEREMPLOYMENT
i) Review and eliminate allocation of Govt paid POLITICAL AIDES & SUPPORT STAFF to Political Office Holders.

With (1) + (2) Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N65,000 comfortably

3. Move Nigeria MORE to Private Sector Driven Economy
a) Privatise ALL of Federal Govt PARASTATALS & reduce Federal Direct Funded AGENCIES to 68% of the present.
b) Privatise ALL of STATE Govt PARASTATALS & reduce State Direct Funded AGENCIES to 19% of the present.
c) Reduce current DIRECT LABOUR JOB participation by 49%
d) Encourage more Working Hours until Nigerian economic stabilizes
e) Discourage UNIONISM in Public Workforce

With (1) + (2) + (3), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N101,500 comfortably.

4) Institute DEATH PENALTY to proven THEFT OF PUBLIC FUNDS no matter how little, and LIFE Jail Sentences for COLLABORATORS.

With (1) + (2) + (3) & (4), Nigeria would pay a minimum wage of N203,500 comfortably.

GOD BLESS NIGERIA
Wow... Great suggestions.... smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC by Talknochip(m): 8:41am On Nov 08, 2018
post=72780981:
Lol cheesy wink grin
FYI, this is my 'Almustapha'

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:42am On Nov 08, 2018
Talknochip:
FYI, this is my 'Almustapha'
Shun sir!! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC by Conceptman: 8:58am On Nov 08, 2018
iamvictorbassey:
At a time like this I feel confused on what to say as to who is supposed to shift grounds.

Why increase minimum wage, then increase everything alongside? Like Driver's license, tax, plate numbers, import duty etc thus making the money meaningless.

I would have wished for the government to rather add value to the money, (maybe $1=#100).So that #18,000 would be worth present day #64,800. But not in this country. If we wait for that people would have died already.

Senators and governors salary plus allowances in Nigeria aren't known. They're only speculated. Let's assume a senator earns 20M monthly and allowances up to 5M. That'll be 25M.

Which means if you work as an #18,000 recipient all your life, you would have only ended up earning a total of #21,600,000 (100years which is impossible). Not up to a senator's 1 month take home.

If you divide 25M by #18000 that is 1,389 peoples salary. Multiplied by over 100 senators, 200 H of Rep Members, and 36 Governors. That's about 466,666people's salary. Haba!

We're our own problem. We vote rogues to represent us, while professors observe as collating officers.

We can't sow yam and expect beans.
thanks for this analysis, NLC has just pushed Nigerians to more difficult problems, increasing the minimum wage and inflating the cost of things is a wicked one from this government

1 Like

Re: New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:06am On Nov 08, 2018
No be small thing. Meanwhile for those on active Sub on dstvs with access and family package,check my last thread to get compact sports
Re: New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC by efficiencie(m): 9:21am On Nov 08, 2018
Supporting a rise in the minimum wage is supporting the sustenance of the impoverishment of labour...minimum wage increase is just an increase in nominal wages and not real wages. What labour ought to be clamoring for is a massive investment in agriculture by the government. One of the major components of the consumer price index is the food price index and its volatility impacts on the consumer price volatility as well as the inflation rate. If the government makes food supply as essential as electricity supply by investing massively in agriculture, meeting the national demand for food and raw materials and augmenting its income with proceeds from agriculture like it does with crude oil I assure you there will be no need for minimum wage increase...Food and agricultural produce prices are linked to the price of every goods and service in Nigeria and if its price is crashed by an abundant supply, the price of many of other goods and services will reduce...our government is just daft, the pile of people presently contesting for presidency are mostly daft and those who are atikulating obituary and those who are lining up behind Buhari are quite daft as well...
Re: New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC by efficiencie(m): 9:23am On Nov 08, 2018
Conceptman:
thanks for this analysis, NLC has just pushed Nigerians to more difficult problems, increasing the minimum wage and inflating the cost of things is a wicked one from this government

A wicked one from the government? Is it the government agitating for an increase in the minimum wage? Or are we missing something here!?
Re: New Minimum Wage: Why We Called Off Strike Despite Delayed Implementation – NLC by precious1967(m): 10:23am On Nov 08, 2018
Foolish nlc executives.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Buhari Inaugurates NEC, Asks Them To Focus On Economic Development / Ngige: IPOB Can’t Attack Me Outside Nigeria / Petrol Price May Increase As Brent Stabilises Around $35/barrel

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.