Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,161 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:10 AM

Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) - Crime (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) (54014 Views)

Traders Caught Reducing Quantity Of Rice Bags, Nigerians React(video) / A Man Committed Suicide By Drinking Sniper Insecticide In Is Car / Traders Caught Red Handed Defrauding A Customer In Broad Daylight In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by AugustineSilva(m): 12:43pm On Nov 08, 2018
Seriously Those people Caught Should be forced To Cook And Eat Some Out Of It....
What Lubbish
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by enemyofprogress: 12:44pm On Nov 08, 2018
No wonder I have been shiiiiiiting since july. God punish haboooooki

6 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by enemyofprogress: 12:47pm On Nov 08, 2018
Datdeltagirl:
Wickedness of the highest order. God bless me today I need money cry cry cry
meet me at touch your toes hotel at 7pm today let me bless you with money, real money to turn your life around like davido's chioma
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by vioment: 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2018
A very dirty nation. Where they kill and wash meat - dirty; where they cook - dirty; many public facilities and private residence surroundings are dirty with algae growing on walls; our streets are littered with dirt and our blood(not always from hard work but from crime).

No credible checks and balances, very disorganized, everything and everyone is a suspect.

In Naija, many naijans think big but the actions are either small or lazy(ritual, robbery, theft, etc)

2 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by doctokwus: 12:48pm On Nov 08, 2018
flyca:
They should be arrested, and jailed.
Gosh, this is criminal embarassed
Ignoramus!
Something that has bn the practice for years and done to preserve grains like that.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by omooba969(m): 12:50pm On Nov 08, 2018
Datdeltagirl:
Wickedness of the highest order. God bless me today I need money cry cry cry

How much money do you need?

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by YenYo: 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2018
shocked

Me that love beans like kilode.

Nafdac over to you guys.
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by KUBE1(f): 12:51pm On Nov 08, 2018
Imagine! My family and I stopped eating beans after buying beans 4 different times from Garki market, Abj; because each time we cook it, before adding palm oil and the rest, when you taste it, the taste of pesticide is so strong! Na soyabeans level we dey now.

2 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by harizonal123(m): 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2018
Evidence of a failed state. Just imagine people here supporting... Saying its just insecticide

4 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2018
kiss
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Acidosis(m): 12:52pm On Nov 08, 2018
If people decide to patronize Shoprite and other South African malls, Nigerians will say you're not helping the poor road side sellers.

From washing ugwu leaves with infested stream to washing sugar cane in the gutters, and now preserving beans with Sniper.

Wise up Nigerians, your political looters don't patronize these guys, yet you lots fight yourselves over bills they do not promote. When you're down with terrible diseases, they'll still blame you and leave you to die.

Love yourself more, don't kill yourself because of Nigeria. Without you, Nigeria will remain. If MTN or DSTV will give you peace of mind, use it. Don't die of frustration by promoting baba slow network (GLO) or die waiting for TSTV. Yourself first!

3 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Nobody: 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2018
And what are the regulatory bodies doing?

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Datdeltagirl(f): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2018
omooba969:

How much money do you need?
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Idrismusty97(m): 12:54pm On Nov 08, 2018
It's not for killing you, If northerners kill you people finish who would buy our beans? Relax it's just for preservation. 90% of the beans you eat since you were born were preserved with either that or a little of that white powder for killing insects and you aren't dead yet(The white powder is even better and cheaper and don't affect the taste of the beans). Go and farm your own beans and preserved it for months let's see if you have a better way of preserving it, i am sure worst practice are even done in the south.

I remember when someone gift us a very big bag of unpreserved beans then. Something that could easily last a couple of months didn't even last some weeks. Weevils finish it life, We weren't very knowledgeable about preserving back then.

4 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Datdeltagirl(f): 12:55pm On Nov 08, 2018
enemyofprogress:
meet me at touch your toes hotel at 7pm today let me bless you with money, real money to turn your life around like davido's chioma
undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by yasolan(m): 12:56pm On Nov 08, 2018
Oh..now I understand
I used to wonder why sometimes I cook beans and it tastes as though kerosene was put in it..

3 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Lilimax(f): 12:57pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
It's meant for preservation. Sniper is only dangerous when used raw but more of a preservative agent when diluted.
The trader is doing the right thing by preserving those beans with a diluted sniper.
The poisonous substances will evacuate the beans immediately when cooked due to the pressure exerted by the boiling point of the water. Hence, returning the beans to its normal state and then ready for human consumption.
If a less educated trader can know all these, imagine what she'll do if she's more enlightened. We have to step up our game in science and education.
True! So spot on!
So many uninformed people out there smiley

8 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Lilimax(f): 12:59pm On Nov 08, 2018
The trader is doing the right thing. He is preserving the beans against weevils and pest by adding the Sniper.
The active ingredient in Sniper is DDVP: Dichlorvos or 2,2-dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate and must be diluted as directed by the manufacturer before use for the same purpose.

7 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Dynamiceagle(f): 1:01pm On Nov 08, 2018
where the video na, aboki
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by madapcmod: 1:02pm On Nov 08, 2018
No wonder beans my favorite food now purge me. God ! Who knows d damages this has done to people's liver? Sniper that I use to kill cockroaches is now used in preserving beans? Gosh!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by madapcmod: 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2018
Lilimax:
The trader is doing the right thing. He is preserving the beans against weevils and pest by adding the Sniper.
The active ingredient in Sniper is Dichlorvos or 2,2-dichlorovinyl dimethyl phosphate and must be diluted as directed by the manufacturer before use for the same purpose.

But they use pepper before, why sniper now?

2 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by inereunwa1(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy
It's meant for preservation. Sniper is only dangerous when used raw but more of a preservative agent when diluted.
The trader is doing the right thing by preserving those beans with a diluted sniper.
The poisonous substances will evacuate the beans immediately when cooked due to the pressure exerted by the boiling point of the water. Hence, returning the beans to its normal state and then ready for human consumption.
If a less educated trader can know all these, imagine what she'll do if she's more enlightened. We have to step up our game in science and education.
please stop spewing trash here and let's call a spade a spade that chemical is highly poisonous no matter how much you cook it, it will still be there. How can anyone with right thinking mind mixed such poisonous substance just to preserve beans when there are or less dangerous orthernative in the market no wonder lots of people are dying like chicken at a very young age these days!!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Mohdhk(m): 1:03pm On Nov 08, 2018
Chai the thunder wey go fire this boys till dey do press up.... God pass dem

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Lilimax(f): 1:05pm On Nov 08, 2018
madapcmod:

Pepper is just the crude form of preservation.
Just think of how much pepper you gonna use to preserve tonnes of cereals undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Masama: 1:05pm On Nov 08, 2018
They will claim they are using it for pest control but they are putting people's lives in danger

2 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by BruncleZuma: 1:06pm On Nov 08, 2018
Two different pictures...and the story is one sided.
Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by dingbang(m): 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2018
I will still eat beans ..

1 Like

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by Lilimax(f): 1:08pm On Nov 08, 2018
madapcmod:

Sniper is just a type of brand.
The brand farmers are conversant with is called NOPEST.
They contain the same active ingredient.

5 Likes

Re: Traders Caught Mixing Sniper Insecticide With Beans (PHOTOS) by bobydo: 1:10pm On Nov 08, 2018
SolutionMee:
cheesy

Bro you are WRONG. Sniper has a residual effect. You can only use sniper to preserve beans thats meant for planting not eating.
SNIPER is POISONOUS for consumption. If you read the caution on it it is for FARM USE

8 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Two Nigerian Bus Drivers Spotted Fighting On The Streets Of London(Pics) / Outrage As Police Officers Manhandle A Black Woman In US (Photos) / Ex-Banker Forces His 9-Year-Old House Maid To Have MouthAction With Him In Benin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.