Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,690 members, 7,816,824 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana (22130 Views)

Kenya: EIGHT Lions Tackle Buffalo In Savage Attack (Pictures) / 16-Foot Crocodiles Feed On Their Young Ones In Botswana (Pictures) / Earth Blamed For Sudden Rusting Of The Moon That Has Baffled Scientists (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Baffupdrizz(m): 9:38am On Nov 09, 2018
Nature will have it's revenge.
Everything living dies in the end.

And for the � buffaloes... Fishes, scavengers and microbes will have a feast. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Kharol1234: 9:40am On Nov 09, 2018
somalianprince:

Buffalo had never killed one Lion since i started watching NATGEO
no b natgeo wild u watch cus i don watch dat same natgeo wild wer herds of buffalo kill lion...
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Ahijobuzuzu(m): 9:53am On Nov 09, 2018
somalianprince:
Bufalo is one useless big for nothing. I am very sure that if this 400 Bufalos had faced the few Lions without being scared it would had been bloody for the Lions.

Buffalos generally have poor eyesight & is worse at night while for the lions the "night is as bright as day"
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Adakintroy: 11:06am On Nov 09, 2018
ajl:

What's the definition of a pack hunter. How often do you see a lion or lioness hunting alone.

Dont stray. You said you doubt this vidoe because according to you, you seen evidence of Buffalo attacking lions.

I said true. But it is usually a number game. Because lions hunt in packs. And whenever the numbers favour the Lions they easily dominate. And vise versa.What you saw was a case of a lone lioness vs a lone buffalo. The lioness was easily winning. But for the intervention of other buffalos. Making the number advantage to favor team buffalo.

In the case of this story. The number could just be right for the Lions enough to scare tthis herd. 10 healthy pack can chase a whole herd of Buffalo.

Lions mostly take it 8/10 encounter.
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by OyinO: 11:17am On Nov 09, 2018
somalianprince:
Bufalo is one useless big for nothing. I am very sure that if this 400 Bufalos had faced the few Lions without being scared it would had been bloody for the Lions.
That's why oyibo pipo say our huge population and numbers don't count.
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by OyinO: 11:18am On Nov 09, 2018
Rumicarter:

I have not seen.
I have seen it several times
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by OyinO: 11:19am On Nov 09, 2018
somalianprince:

i have seen it several times
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by R0ckefeller: 12:33pm On Nov 09, 2018
somalianprince:
start watching animal fight club on nat geo wild as from today
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Damfostopper(m): 1:17pm On Nov 09, 2018
Rajosh:
I thought it's forbidden for Christians and Muslims alike to eat animals that died with the blood in it.
lol I'm wondering too.....

people don't practice Wat's in the Bible.... especially Africans...

1 Like

Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by deebrownneymar: 2:15pm On Nov 09, 2018
Christmas came early. Nice one.
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by 360command: 2:40pm On Nov 09, 2018
somalianprince:

Useless big for nothing Nigeria. I am from Somalia
that is even the worse.. You better go to mohadishu and stop the fight.. You are the reason that makes people think of Africa has a war, hunger, piracy, terrorist etc
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by Ayobami7(m): 4:25pm On Nov 09, 2018
this is my comment
Re: Lion Blamed For Death Of Over 400 Buffalo In Botswana by theDEVILisHERE: 9:36am On Nov 10, 2018
somalianprince:

Buffalo kill lions alot
NATGEO has shown that

Also remember herbivores are not equipped with enough arsenal against carnivores

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Crazy Things You Believed As A Science Student / Unexplained Phenomena Happened In Israel Today / I Need Help: Glo Code To Subscribe For Daily Internet Usage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.