Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,478 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:40 AM

Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? - Crime (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? (53703 Views)

I Got Scammed Of N150k. How Do I Go About Reporting To The Police? / How Much The EFCC Recovered From January Through November, 2019 / 5 Yahoo Boys And Girls Arrested By The EFCC (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by Allaboutkatiee(f): 5:29pm On Nov 09, 2018
Deltatoto:
may accident kill u before u get to Efcc office.
Jesus
Like Wtf grin grin grin grin
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by expert234: 5:31pm On Nov 09, 2018
46O1CE:
Stupid thread.
You didn’t make any report to your landlord or caretaker .
You didn’t tell the boys you’re not comfortable with loud music and smoking around you . And see if they’ll behave or not .
You didn’t do jackshit .
But you want to report them to Efcc.
Go on and do it . Nobody is holding you.
I believe your kids will grow up one day and meet intolerant people like you in their future endeavours.
Nonsense!

Are you sure your eyes or brain is not defective? Go back and read the post again instead of displaying annoying dumbness here.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by peacezy555: 5:32pm On Nov 09, 2018
mind your business.....i know of someone that died because he didn't mind his business
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by SortOut: 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2018
Op, this is Nigeria, where the truth doesn't prevail, people know the responses they are supposed to give you but since it's not happening to them, they won't say it, so far it's not happening to their sisters or family members.

Get to your landlord, and complain, maybe u have, do it again. If u involve police, these guys will eventually get to know that you are the one that reported and they might attack you. All the Landlord/Police wants is money and the guys got that. That was my experience last year. Worst case scenario, endure till you can leave the house.

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by frozen70(f): 5:37pm On Nov 09, 2018
troublemakea:

you dont know how it is here or what i face here so dont tell me to mind my business if that's how you live your life well everyone aint like you'd is

even if I dont get advice here I would try figuring out a way of reporting them myself

You don't need to react that way

If they are yahoo boys, it doesn't affect you unless you are doing it with them

Even if they arrest them, it has nothing to do with you

Even if you want o report to your landlord, how secret is the landlord to hold his mouth

Get a phone line register it and call the police make your information known to them and tell them to arrest the landlord that's the only way the landlord will chase them out if eventually they release them

After they have been arrested break your simcard and that's it

Your life should be your priority

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by nationalnwa(m): 5:39pm On Nov 09, 2018
Op how did you know they play music morning till night.. You no dey go out ni?
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by INDUSTRIALFAN(m): 5:40pm On Nov 09, 2018
crunchyg:

That should be handled by the landlord and not him and how sure is he that they are yahoo boys, does he have a proof? So any room young boys live together now are yahoo boys room? undecided
lol
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by chisani(m): 5:41pm On Nov 09, 2018
Hmmm in a third world country like Nigeria? After smokers, are you aware that those who don't mind their business in Nigeria are liable to die young too? Please for the love of your family, if you wrote here is true, just dey your lane. Live has no duplicate. Funny enough you just alleging and no concrete evidence yet. A wise is Enough !
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by jstar376(m): 5:47pm On Nov 09, 2018
go to the nearest police station and lay your complain..... they will mount surveillance on them trust me

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by adecamp(m): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2018
Don't cause trouble for yourself because you never know what they can do
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by richard16(m): 5:58pm On Nov 09, 2018
That's how you will see people dead and thrown in gutter you think it's ordinary...Never you step on toes or pour sand for your fellow man hustle, the payback is usually brutal! Mind your own business my candid advice tho! people that live long and enjoy there wealth are usually people that minds their business...A word is enough for the wise!

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by Nobody: 6:03pm On Nov 09, 2018
troublemakea:

you dont know how it is here or what i face here so dont tell me to mind my business if that's how you live your life well everyone aint like you'd is

even if I dont get advice here I would try figuring out a way of reporting them myself

Don't mind the fool. People are:
-constituting nuisance,
-disturbing/breaching public peace,
-doing noise pollution and
-disturbing your peace and tranquility,
...and someone is telling you to mind your business. Sounds very s.t.u.p.i..d!
Anyway, don't go to EFCC to report "yahoo", that will be very funny, did you see them committing fraud? Then your act will be classified as false alarm and false accusation, which are crimes. The appropriate thing to do is to go and report their nonsense actions (the ones I listed above) to police. That is very much legal. Those things I listed are actually offences you can/should report to the police! Even better, you can well get a lawyer to do it for you, you'll be so surprised what police and lawyers will tell you about the issue. Then of course, when police arrests them, they can then from interrogating the guys, discover other atrocities the guys do - don't be surprised if they also smoke weed and do drugs too - as I can already imagine, based on the description you gave.

2 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by VictorGeneral4(m): 6:09pm On Nov 09, 2018
what do you mean by yahoo in the first place? And your evidence
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by computerizeniaja(m): 6:11pm On Nov 09, 2018
troublemakea:
Hello good people in the house not to waste much time we have a good neighbor who parked out recently and was thinking our new neighbors would be better only for some low lives young boys of about 6 parking in (I dont need a prophet to tell me they are all Yahoo guys and ever since then it's been hell for me as it's just a two house joint bungalow)

they play musics on the highest volume from morning till night doing nothing meaningful, smoking high and just shouting like loosed animals have tried reaching out to my Landlord he came warned them and i've also tried voicing out to them but no changes hv seem to be in effect. mehn i'm really tired of all their shits have I ve taken to the net to search fr EFCC distress number in my state

I just need advice from people in the house cause i might on the other way round be shooting my self in the leg if I report those jobless rif rafts to EFCC having a fear EFCC might tip me out or just pack me among them

If your not jobless as well. you wont b at home all day to hear their loud music...Oga go and face your own hussle ...Abi you never live for house wey land lord go frustrate you dieee abi will you go and call police. My guy if you police or EfCC and they get arrested ,my guy na money efcc or police need and they will free them...abi you think say efcc na jesus
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by zero2trillion: 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2018
slawomir:

Yahoo is the act of taking advantage and capitalizing on the greediness and stupidity of humans.
Yahoo guys bring money into the country. Improve the economy.
So if maga bleed then guys go smile.

Confamento...
Baba, abeg make we relate...
Check your PM.
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by computerizeniaja(m): 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2018
NotComplaining:

Hey whats your problem? Stop being a bully! Are you a fraud apologist?! Do you believe a criminal has more rights than a hard working, tax contributing citizen?

To OP, report those mofos. You have your life to live. If they cant live in peaceful coexistence with fellow tenants give them some much needed attention, FROM AUTHORITIES.

DONT FOR ONE SECOND allow yourself to be victimised.

My only advice is that you approach the matter with adequate diligence and caution as you do not want repraisals. Be mature about it and teach those career lacking mofos a valuable lesson.

Guy are you living in a different planet....police or efcc na just 50k or 100k issue don settle and na the same police go tell the boys say na you call them ..do you think police n naija gives a Bleep about you

3 Likes

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Nov 09, 2018
frozen70:

Even if you want o report to your landlord, how secret is the landlord to hold his mouth

Get a phone line register it and call the police make your information known to them and tell them to arrest the landlord that's the only way the landlord will chase them out of eventually they release them

Nice advice. But not total enough.
Here:
If it is by phone, he should use a public pay phone or hide his number and should call police patrol or any other energency security number when the guys are shouting or making their noise as usual. That team will certainly handle the boys appropriately.
(2) He can try dropping a written complain (about their nuisance though, not yahoo issue that he can't prove) in police information box in a police station.
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by janejive(f): 6:19pm On Nov 09, 2018
You park out, or better still build your on duplex and park in grin
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by OlujobaSamuel: 6:20pm On Nov 09, 2018
op, I want to assume you dont have the means to get another apartment as it stands, so my take is this; tell your landlord that you are going to leave his house if he fails to do anything about it, and let him realized that any potential tenant would be mindful of his co-tenant, so getting a new person might be difficult for him making him to lose money than whatsoever gain he is getting now.
Tell him the pros and cons of you moving out, he might put more effort in nipping their activity in the bud.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by optimusprime2(m): 6:22pm On Nov 09, 2018
bigkahuna704:
Go To The Nearest MFM Branch Close To You, Get The Book "Prayer Rain". When They Are Done With Their Music And Need To Rest, Start Your Prayers As Loud As You Can For As Long As You Can. At Least 4HR At A Go. Get A Megaphone If Need Be. Do This For 3 Months Non-Stop And See The God Of Olukoya At Work. grin
#Fallsdownfrompawpawtree
grin
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by homesteady(m): 6:29pm On Nov 09, 2018
My Brother, go and report them. I hope the whistle-blower policy also extends to Internet fraud so that it would be to your gain financially.

I don't have a problem with you running your business, but don't use it to spoil my own. Since they've decided to disrespect you, you should also do the same.
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by frozen70(f): 6:36pm On Nov 09, 2018
EmmaFantastic:

Nice advice. But not total enough.
Here:
If it is by phone, he should use a public pay phone or hide his number and should call police patrol or any other energency security number when the guys are shouting or making their noise as usual. That team will certainly handle the boys appropriately.
(2) He can try dropping a written complain (about their nuisance though, not yahoo issue that he can't prove) in police information box in a police station.

Thats a good one too
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by bishopkay: 6:38pm On Nov 09, 2018
troublemakea:
Hello good people in the house not to waste much time we have a good neighbor who parked out recently and was thinking our new neighbors would be better only for some low lives young boys of about 6 parking in (I dont need a prophet to tell me they are all Yahoo guys and ever since then it's been hell for me as it's just a two house joint bungalow)

they play musics on the highest volume from morning till night doing nothing meaningful, smoking high and just shouting like loosed animals have tried reaching out to my Landlord he came warned them and i've also tried voicing out to them but no changes hv seem to be in effect. mehn i'm really tired of all their shits have I ve taken to the net to search fr EFCC distress number in my state

I just need advice from people in the house cause i might on the other way round be shooting my self in the leg if I report those jobless rif rafts to EFCC having a fear EFCC might tip me out or just pack me among them

See you fooling yourself Lol... EFCC would definitely arrest them then they'd negotiate their way out e go shock you sef. The EFCC would also definitely tell them who snitched it's standard "business ethics".

Then get ready for your turn because if na me be them, payback is a must and it'd come in the standard measurement of blood!

Just know these facts
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by hypernikao(m): 6:41pm On Nov 09, 2018
Built2last:
Park.

They will settle EFCC and come back for you.
Money rules in Nigeria
troublemakea Listen to this guy...
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by Codes151(m): 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2018
How e take concern u?? Person never beat u before big head
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2018
SmilingMary:

Most G-guys are cultists, it's a fact. Op should just exhaust his rent and relocate. Him reporting them won't change anything. I know some EFCC staff who are into same G-stuff.
even police don dey involve in yahoo yahoo stuff as well and yes most G boys are cultists.

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by greenprince(m): 7:00pm On Nov 09, 2018
frozen70:

Get a phone line register it and call the police make your information known to them and tell them to arrest the landlord that's the only way the landlord will chase them out of eventually they release them

Good advice at the end, but you can't say them being fraudsters does not affect him because it affects even you and me.

The treatment you get for mentioning you're Nigerian in some places is enough embarrassment and pain. So it does affect us all.
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by greenprince(m): 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2018
slawomir:
Isoright
First of all learn how to mind your own business. My grandfather is 123 years old and he is still much alive simply because he always mind his own business

Secondly who says Yahoo boys are jobless.
Do you know what it takes to do Yahoo ?
Yahoo guys work harder than other workers on planet Earth.
You lazy fuckkkk can't even do Yahoo

And lastly Yahoo is not bad
Yahoo is the act of taking advantage and capitalizing on the greediness and stupidity of humans.
Yahoo guys bring money into the country. Improve the economy.
So if maga bleed then guys go smile.
Abeg nosa give me that laptop make i bomb small

Whether you like it or not niggarzzz don't run out of format and tools

A Chinese woman is even bleeding for me now

Be careful..... the internet is not totally faceless.

Be careful!
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by Funjosh(m): 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2018
bigkahuna704:
Go To The Nearest MFM Branch Close To You, Get The Book "Prayer Rain". When They Are Done With Their Music And Need To Rest, Start Your Prayers As Loud As You Can For As Long As You Can. At Least 4HR At A Go. Get A Megaphone If Need Be. Do This For 3 Months Non-Stop And See The God Of Olukoya At Work. grin
Best comment have read on Nairaland in years grin
Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by srclark: 7:15pm On Nov 09, 2018
Make up a story that will put fear in them ,you can tell them you saw a strange car in front of the house or something or make friends with them and advice them and make them see reasons why they need to keep it low till you can find another accommodation ,sometimes getting closer to people that piss you is the solution to the problem ,tell them their activities is drawing a lot of attention to the house

1 Like

Re: Thinking Of Reporting To The EFCC - Any Help? by MrRush(m): 7:20pm On Nov 09, 2018
"they play music morning till night doing nothing" that means you're also home morning till night doing nothing.

My advice, leave the house, go and work as they're in their own working place "their house*

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Man Murdered In Front Of His Family In Rivers State (Graphic Pictures) / Police Release Photos Of Offa Bank Robbers. Offer N5M Reward For Information / Burial Poster Of Oyelowo Oyediran That Was Killed By His Lawyer Wife In Ibadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.