Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,941 members, 7,817,759 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:46 PM

Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk - Islam for Muslims (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk (5814 Views)

Mufti Menk Retracts Homophobic Statement Made Back In 2011 / Proof That Ibraheem (Abraham) Was Commanded To Sacrifice Isaac And Not Ismael / Wallahi Im Angry With Most So Called Nigeria Muslim Elites! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by emekaRaj(m): 8:02am On Nov 20, 2018
Empiree:
See, this has been going on for a while. It never stopped. This comment caught my attention again

God bless the person that wrote that piece
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by emekaRaj(m): 8:11am On Nov 20, 2018
AbdelKabir:

If calling you "ignorant" is what you call insult, then I don't know what to say....

I request again, show us one person that ever called selfies bidah...

U probably didn't play as a child or this salafiya is taking a toll on u.

My bida'a selfie comment is a humorous one. It's not my fault that u lost ur sense of humor
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Nobody: 8:19am On Nov 20, 2018
emekaRaj:

U probably didn't play as a child or this salafiya is taking a toll on u.

My bida'a selfie comment is a humorous one. It's not my fault that u lost ur sense of humor

Oh it's now a humor now that you've realized no one called it "bidah" ba? So you mean it's allowed to lie just to be humorous? No wonder you see nothing wrong with Mr menk bringing false stories just to "bring lessons from it" as he has claimed...

1 Like

Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by emekaRaj(m): 9:21am On Nov 20, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Oh it's now a humor now that you've realized no one called it "bidah" ba? So you mean it's allowed to lie just to be humorous? No wonder you see nothing wrong with Mr menk bringing false stories just to "bring lessons from it" as he has claimed...

What's this one saying sef, are u out of line. U are dulling pls. Next
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 20, 2018
emekaRaj:

What's this one saying sef, are u out of line. U are dulling pls. Next

Yes, that's the escape route, pls use it well....
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Hibrahym: 11:19am On Nov 20, 2018
Empiree:
Let's just say you only have problems with the name "Sufi" and you will do good by quoting where i said I belong to any sect. This will be a determining factor.

Besides, if you belong to Salafi sect, what's your problem accusing others for being Sufi sect?. Did Allah and His messanger guarantee any of you paradise ?. Is your Salafi view the only view we have Islamically?.

Salafism is protestant version of Islam which emerged from EU the same way EU did to Christianity by depriving religion from spiritual essence.

Take it or leave it

1. Sufi never had, will never have, and doesn't have, and is not having any unified definition. To each misguided tariqah it's own definition.

2. Is your Salafi view the only view we have Islamically?
Salafiyyah is basically practising Islaam based on what was understood and practised by the companions, the best of this ummah.
This simply means your question is filled with ignorance.

Did Allah and His messanger guarantee any of you paradise?

عَنْ عَبْدِ اللَّهِ بْنِ عَمْرٍو، قَالَ قَالَ رَسُولُ اللَّهِ صلى الله عليه وسلم ‏ "‏ لَيَأْتِيَنَّ عَلَى أُمَّتِي مَا أَتَى عَلَى بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ حَذْوَ النَّعْلِ بِالنَّعْلِ حَتَّى إِنْ كَانَ مِنْهُمْ مَنْ أَتَى أُمَّهُ عَلاَنِيَةً لَكَانَ فِي أُمَّتِي مَنْ يَصْنَعُ ذَلِكَ وَإِنَّ بَنِي إِسْرَائِيلَ تَفَرَّقَتْ عَلَى ثِنْتَيْنِ وَسَبْعِينَ مِلَّةً وَتَفْتَرِقُ أُمَّتِي عَلَى ثَلاَثٍ وَسَبْعِينَ مِلَّةً كُلُّهُمْ فِي النَّارِ إِلاَّ مِلَّةً وَاحِدَةً قَالُوا وَمَنْ هِيَ يَا رَسُولَ اللَّهِ قَالَ مَا أَنَا عَلَيْهِ وَأَصْحَابِي ‏"‏ ‏

Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Amr:
that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said: "What befell the children of Isra'il will befall my Ummah, step by step, such that if there was one who had intercourse with his mother in the open, then there would be someone from my Ummah who would do that. Indeed the children of Isra'il split into seventy-two sects, and my Ummah will split into seventy-three sects. All of them are in the Fire Except one sect." He said: "And which is it O Messenger of Allah?" He said: "What I am upon and my Companions."

[Tirmidhi 2641]

He said: "What I am upon and my Companions.". ما هي السلفية؟ هذه السلفية. What is Salafiyyah? This is Salafiyyah, what the Prophet and his Companions were upon, peace be upon him.

قال الإمام الأوزاعي - رحمه الله - : عليك بآثار من سلف ، وإن رفضك الناس وإياك وآراء الرجال وإن زخرفوه لك بالقول

Imaam Awzaai'i said: Follow the narrations [ways] of those who have preceded (the Salaf) even if people reject you; and beware of people’s opinions, even if they beautify them for you.
- [Al-Ājurrī, Kitāb Al-Sharīʿah 1:138; Ibn ʿAbd Al-Barr, Jāmiʿ Bayān Al-ʿIlm wa Faḍlihi 3:373.]

Salafism is protestant version of Islam which emerged from EU the same way EU did to Christianity by depriving religion from spiritual essence.

Evidence? None

Your ignorance keeps getting bigger and better. EU was formed after WWII you ignoramus! The word Salaf has been used way before that time in telling apart innovators and innovations apart from Sunnah, but when you listen and praise Habeeb for the better part of your life you will never never know such things.

Awzai said:
اصبر نفسك على السنة و قف حيث وقف القوم و قل بما قالوا و كف عما كفوا عنه, واسلك سبيل سلفك الصالح. فانه يسعك ما وسعهم

“Patiently restrict yourself upon the sunnah, stop where the people (ie the companions) stopped, say what they say and refrain from that which they refrained. Traverse upon the path of your Salaf al-Salih, for indeed what was sufficient for them is sufficient for you.” (Al-Shari’ah of al Ajurri, pg58)

Awzai was born in EU huh ?

Abu Hanifa, may Allah have mercy upon him, was questioned: “What is your comment on the speech innovated by the people regarding al-A’rad and al-Ajsam?” He replied: “Statements of the philosophers! Take to the narrations and the way of the Salaf and beware of every newly invented matter for it is indeed an innovation.” (Sawn al-Mantiq of al-Suyuti, 322)

Abu Hanifa was also born in EU huh ?
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Empiree: 12:21pm On Nov 20, 2018
AbdelKabir:

I used to listen to music, I stopped

I used to shave my beard, I stopped

I used to wear my trousers above my ankles, I stopped

I used to take selfie I stopped

I used to, I used to, I used to .... I stopped, I stopped, I stopped....

Is there anything new in once doing something wrong and stopping?

why are you being deceptive?. I'm only taking about SELFIE not everything else you posted. Now you just confirmed you used to take selfie and you stopped but there is no daleel that forbids taking pictures. You just confirmed what emekaraj was saying
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Nobody: 12:27pm On Nov 20, 2018
Empiree:
why are you being deceptive?. I'm only taking about SELFIE not everything else you posted. Now you just confirmed you used to take selfie and you stopped but there is no daleel that forbids taking pictures. You just confirmed what emekaraj was saying

Now I just confirmed I used to take selfie, as if I ever denied it before...

The question we are asking you is, is there anything new in doing something and stopping it then speaking against it? Because the way you repeat this, it looks like you see it as "new"

Its not a matter of being deceptive, we are only exposing your lowly attitude whereby in order to stop someone from speaking against something you hate being spoken against, you can go as far as bringing out a sin someone already repented from or still doing but not doing openly.... Shouldn't such be between the person and Allaah? What's your business with that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Empiree: 12:36pm On Nov 20, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Now I just confirmed I used to take selfie, as if I ever denied it before...

The question we are asking you is, is there anything new in doing something and stopping it then speaking against it? Because the way you repeat this, it looks like you see it as "new"

Its not a matter of being deceptive, we are only exposing your lowly attitude whereby in order to stop someone from speaking against something you hate being spoken against, you can go as far as bringing out a sin someone already repented from or still doing but not doing openly.... Shouldn't such be between the person and Allaah? What's your business with that?
well, he has said his comment was humorous one. But my point was not about bringing people's past. My point was selfie is not bidiah or Haram. But what you are saying now that you used to do it and you have stopped indicates that you believe taking selfie is not bidiah actually but Haram because you have stopped. And I'm telling you it is neither bidiah not Haram. Whether emekaraj was being humorous or not, he was right for saying they gonna say selfie is bidiah. So you have confirmed selfie is Haram according to you because you have stopped doing it. That's my point.

And I wouldn't have brought the sister's picture if she behaved herself until I brought her stuff up and she kept mute. I don't go around didn't people's past.
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by emekaRaj(m): 12:54pm On Nov 20, 2018
Na The guy dey catch himself, conversation with him Is tiring, dats why I retired.
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Realzikkist(m): 1:06pm On Nov 20, 2018
emekaRaj:

See someone is trying to convert here but u ppl are busy arguing. Brother sorry bikko.
We may start telling u d process, from now till 2mrw, but it may not benefit you. If you are really serious I will advice u to do d needful.
I dnt know where u live but my advice is dat u find a mosque nearest to you, and speak to d imam about ur intention, he will guide u Insha'Allah.
U can then come back let's discuss.
thanks bro...know 1 in aba, will definitely go on friday
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Realzikkist(m): 1:07pm On Nov 20, 2018
Empiree:
you are welcome. This thread is not appropriate for you. Kndly ask your questions in this general thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/1794405/islam-muslims-side-talk-station
k thanks bro
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by emekaRaj(m): 1:39pm On Nov 20, 2018
Realzikkist:
thanks bro...know 1 in aba, will definitely go on friday

Insha'Allah

1 Like

Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by tintingz(m): 1:50pm On Nov 20, 2018
Even among muslims they have issues and problems , and they will be saying we kufar have problems and not guided.

Hypocrites!
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Nobody: 1:57pm On Nov 20, 2018
Empiree:
well, he has said his comment was humorous one. But my point was not about bringing people's past. My point was selfie is not bidiah or Haram. But what you are saying now that you used to do it and you have stopped indicates that you believe taking selfie is not bidiah actually but Haram because you have stopped. And I'm telling you it is neither bidiah not Haram. Whether emekaraj was being humorous or not, he was right for saying they gonna say selfie is bidiah. So you have confirmed selfie is Haram according to you because you have stopped doing it. That's my point.

First of all when emeka said we say it's bidah, I said no one ever said it's bidah then you mentioned and said yes I did, I said bring where I said it's bidah, you could not. Now you are saying your point all along was to say I said it's haram and to you it's not, which I say that's a lie, if that's your point why not just say I say its haram instead of first saying I used to take selfie, if that's not trying to dig past then what is that?

And you confirmed that I already told you I no longer see it as permissible so why are you using the bold to act like you just got to know?

Mr, stop your lowly attitudes, it does not befit a Muslim...

And I wouldn't have brought the sister's picture if she behaved herself until I brought her stuff up and she kept mute. I don't go around didn't people's past.

Oh, so you believe bringing out a sin that is supposed to be between herself and Allaah to be right all because she spoke against something that is bad – females playing football, displaying their selves on public TV – which you see to be good, due to – again – your lowly conduct?

No, you brought her picture because you couldn't defend your points again in face of her own points, so you had to do what you know how to do best, attack personality if you can't attack the message successfully. This is who you are and it's a very terrible and horrible conduct.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 20, 2018
emekaRaj:
Na The guy dey catch himself, conversation with him Is tiring, dats why I retired.

Conversation is tiring because you can't attack the points logically so you were actually given a run for your ego..
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by emekaRaj(m): 3:10pm On Nov 20, 2018
AbdelKabir:

Conversation is tiring because you can't attack the points logically so you were actually given a run for your ego..

Looool, logicaly? I know u want long dragged argument dat never end, I can give u dat but I have work.
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by najib632(m): 2:40pm On Dec 01, 2018
Empiree:
I honestly don't know why you people can not be satisfied. The man tried to set balance but you still have issues with him.

Yet you said "may Allah guide him to pure salafiya". Isn't that sect on its own?. Does it mean there is misguided salafiya? You have evidence that Allah named us "salafiya" or salafiya has monopoly over Islam?. Are you saying other sects have no truth in them regardless how small it is?.

You said he belongs to sect of Deobandi but you belong to one too(salafi). Must he declare his manhaj?. Where is evidence from kitab and sunnah that he must declare his manhaj?.

The only requirement is "I am a Muslim"

Believe in shahada(Allah and His messanger)

Salat

Zakat

Ramadan

Hajj.

This is manhaj of MUSLIMS. Anyone who rejects any of these is not muslim. So recent lecture he delivered at large gathering was in Nigeria?
Don't mind the brother I am also a salafi, the problem with our sect is that we condemn everybody and it's not nice, Allah will never put you into the hell fire because of your sect but he will put you into hell for following falsehood and I innovations without reason. I choose to be a salafi because I don't like the idea of following only one school of thought one should follow what ever he likes from any school of thought. The great Salahdeen was a Sufi and a saint in shaa Allah, but Wallahi there will be some salafi extremists that condemn Sufism even though only a few practice innovations. We're always condemning instead of promoting the unity we claim to be bringing.

1 Like

Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Empiree: 2:54pm On Dec 01, 2018
najib632:
Don't mind the brother I am also a salafi, the problem with our sect is that we condemn everybody and it's not nice, Allah will never put you into the hell fire because of your sect but he will put you into hell for following falsehood and I innovations without reason. I choose to be a salafi because I don't like the idea of following only one school of thought one should follow what ever he likes from any school of thought. The great Salahdeen was a Sufi and a saint in shaa Allah, but Wallahi there will be some salafi extremists that condemn Sufism even though only a few practice innovations. We're always condemning instead of promoting the unity we claim to be bringing.
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by aadoiza: 9:32pm On Dec 07, 2018
Na wa oo... All this squabbling over what again? You lot are always looking for the slightest of opportunities to cast aspersions on each other's identities.

And I'm also sure the West is responsible for all these name-calling, egocentrism, parochialism, and intolerance and schism you lot have embarrasingly demonstrated on here. Pathetic!!!

I wish the holy prophet (SAW) would have a second coming.
Re: Wallahi One Of The Best Place I Have Been To Is Nigeria - Mufti Ismael Musa Menk by Biodun556(m): 2:28pm On Dec 16, 2018
AbdulHakeem44:

He belongs to a sect ( Deobandi), ALLAH had warned us not to be divided, but yet, today, Muslims keep creating and joining sect.

If you are a very good listener to mufti menk, you will discover he has some mistakes in his creed e. g not declaring his Manhaj, he so much believes in unity (he do disregard our differences in aqeeda), he hardly speak against the mushrikeen and innovators, 99% of his lectures are on general perspective, he hardly talk about tawheed.

For these reasons, he has many viewers worldwide because he doesn't condemn, he doesn't condemn shias, suffis and other astray sects.

And that's better for muslims. His attitude is worthy of emulation. What ever is your creed keep it to yourself and speak more on what bind us rather than causing unnecessary argument.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Babs787, Where Did Allah Ever Refer To Muhammad As "the Spirit"? / Christians (evangelism) And Their Deceptions / The Importance Of Helping Others

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.