Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,293 members, 7,815,510 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:43 PM

Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) (4609 Views)

A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 1:46pm On Nov 11, 2018
Special s/o to Kaycee9242,light queen and Ann2012.

1 Like

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Umueme: 1:51pm On Nov 11, 2018
Nice storyline.But your updates should be longer.
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 7:45pm On Nov 11, 2018
Umueme:
Nice storyline.But your updates should be longer.

Thanks bro.
Will do just that.
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 8:44pm On Nov 11, 2018
The women in the crowd gasped at the rude question."I am Onowu,the prime minister"he said undisturbed."And these are Nduka"-he indicated the thin tall man-"Ukaji (the fat man) and Agu (the short and stocky man)". "If you hurry now,you might meet our king..."."But i have met him already" Ikemba said coyly. "You have? where? Is the battle over?" Nduka asked in quick sucession."Yes i have.The battle is over.We won".Once again joyous sounds erupted from the crowd.But Onowu did not move.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 8:55pm On Nov 11, 2018
"Where is our chief?" he asked frowning."Oh i almost forgot..."He answered with an overly sweet smile.He nodded his head to the man behind who stepped forward with a sack in his hand.Ikemba took the sack,unknotted it and dipped his hand into it.

Wild screams erupted from the crowd.Agu felt his eyes were deceiving him when he saw what Ikemba had in his hand-Ogbuagus head-"What is going on here?" he asked hotly.
"Your chief has been killed.He died at the hands of Ezeka"

Loadin...
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 9:15pm On Nov 11, 2018
"Impossible!" cried Onowu."Oh but it is just what happened.As i am talking Ezeka and his men is being held hostage by my men..."
"What about our men?"Ukaji asked with a shaky voice."They are being held..."
"For what?!?" barked Agu advancing threatingly.
"For starting a war"
"A war?"Agu shouted still advancing "A war? Are you out of your mind?Were are they? "he unsheathed his matchete.
Ikemba smiled and said "and if i dont?"
"Then i will gut you where you stand"
"I wont let them go ..."

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 9:24pm On Nov 11, 2018
Agu pounced with a speed Ikemba unexpected but he still dodged the swipe at the nick of time.He used the handle of his sword against his head.Agu staggered back as his Wife ran out of the crowd for him."Please leave my husband...". "Get aside woman"Agu ordered still fazed.Ikemba quirked an eyebrow at his men and motioned his head towards Agu. On cue,his men pounced on Agu and started beating him."STOP THIS!! Onowu shouted,his eyes bulging.The women rushed forward and started...

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Ann2012(f): 9:33am On Nov 12, 2018
Thanks for the update
But can you please make it longer
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 5:20pm On Nov 12, 2018
Ann2012:
Thanks for the update
But can you please make it longer

Noted.
Thanks
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 5:43pm On Nov 12, 2018
The women rushed forward and started hitting the men beating Agu.Ikemba just stood watching the scene maniacally."Stop this nonsense at once"Onowu thundered with an authoritative voice which drew the attention of all."Stop this before Amadioha strikes you dead" He said to no one in particular as he walked towards Agu.He helped Agu up and meant to drag him away when one of the warriors blocked his way. "I cant let you do that" He growled."Out of my way at once"Onowu threatened.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 5:57pm On Nov 12, 2018
The warrior stood his ground.Agu's wife stepped out,crossed her husbands arm across her neck and dragged him.The warrior roughly shoved her back and she staggered back and fell.At the sight,Agu angrily drew the warriors sword from his sheath and stabbed him in the belly.The women all shouted and fled from the square at the sight of blood as the smile on Ikemba's vanished at once.He unsheathed his sword and started for Agu.Onowu stepped in between both of them and said...

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 6:11pm On Nov 12, 2018
"Your man asked for that.I will not allow you to touch him."
"Get out of my way,old man" Ikemba spoke harshly"An eye for an eye,blood for blood".
"If there is any more blood to be shed,let it be mine.I will..."Onowu did not finish the sentence as Ikemba drove his sword through his belly.Blood gurgled from his mouth as he staggered back and fell....

1 Like

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 7:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
Agu let out a low moan as Onowu fell.He crawled towards Ikemba in a bid to attack him but was too weak to stand.Ikemba used his feet and held Agu to the ground."Your lucky the old man died in your place.I will not kill you.Not 'yet' anyway" Ikemba spat and marched to where the women had congregated."Your chief is dead and so is your prime minister.You people are now leaderless.But i will take this burden of yours upon my shoulders.I will take the burdensome duty of being your chief.I will..."
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 7:18pm On Nov 12, 2018
"Abomination!" Nduka shouted and stepped out "Let it never be heard that a foreigner was made chief of our kingdom.I'd rather die than let that happen"
"That can be arranged for" Ikemba said smiling mischievously.Ukaji stepped out and knelt on a leg "I recognize him as my chief"he said and looked up at Nduka."I think i have gotten my prime minister" Ikemba said to his men as the laughed."Traitor" Agu mumbled from behind as another warrior kicked him. "Kill anyone that.....

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 7:50pm On Nov 13, 2018
"Kill anyone that opposes us" Ikemba said.Nduka stood his ground refusing to bow.His wife came beside him and pleaded him "My husband,please do as he says.I cannot lose you and my children all on one day.Please." Nduka looked at his wife a long time before finally kneeling down.At his action,all the women knelt down and said in union though tersely; "Igweeee"

Ezeka woke with a start.He was sweating profusely and his head felt like lead.He tried standing up but couldn't do so.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 8:02pm On Nov 13, 2018
He looked down at his leg and saw they were wrapped with rags.Then he remembered everything in a flash.The attack by the fools from Ugwumba,the intervention of Ikemba....'Ikemba',he thought angrily.'That fool had the guts to attack my kingdom.He will pay for that after those imps from Ugwumba had been paid back in their own coin.' The flap at the door was raised as a familiar looking man stepped in.At first he thought he was one of his men until he came close.He was the one Ikemba....

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 8:22pm On Nov 13, 2018
...had handed him over to ; Urasi."You are better now" he said staring him down"You will now be relocated to be with your men"
"Where is Ikemba?"
"Not here"
"I know.Where did he go?"
Urasi ignored the question and whistled.The flap was raised again as two men marched into the hut."Take him to the other prisoners" Urasi ordered.The men carried the hefty Ezeka on a bamboo stretcher and marched out.
Ikemba looked Ukaji in the eye for some time before Ukaji's sight wavered.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 1:41pm On Nov 14, 2018
"Can you just repeat what you just said?"Ikemba asked Ukaji. "I meant no disrespect,just that the people have been flouting my orders under the guise that am your puppet.If only you would make me the chief-ceremonially of course-" he added hastily as Ikemba's brow creased "and left the village the people would learn to obey your decrees which i will pass unto them as laws" Ukaji said rubbing his palm and smiling like he had just found out a new recipe.
"You are asking me to leave?"

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 1:48pm On Nov 14, 2018
"No,no,no...thats not what i meant..."
"Then what did you mean?" Ikemba asked clearly infuriated.
"You should make me the chief.That was our bargain.But you seem to be going back on your word"
Ikemba threw back his head and laughed hard.
"Bargain?" he mocked "The only bargain we had was you betraying your people for some cowries and..."
"The kingship" Ukaji added angrily.
"You want the kingship? Alright tell the crier to summon the whole village.I will crown you chief before i..."

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 1:59pm On Nov 14, 2018
...leave for Umuichi".Ukaji smiled. "You will never regret this my lord".he said as he bowed to Ikemba and backed out of the hut."But ohh!,i will" Ikemba said to himself as soon as Ukaji left and chuckled.
The village square was filled up with people very quickly albeit they were mostly women and children with the aged men who did not go to war.The seat reserved for the elders was empty excepting Ukaji and Nduka who sat sour faced.The gathering was unusually quiet as ...

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 2:09pm On Nov 14, 2018
..the villagers were still in mourning.They were quiet except for the random murmuring among the old men.The had waited for more than 30 minutes at the gathering and was yet to see Ikemba.
After what seemed like forever Ikemba stepped out all clean and good looking.He stepped right into the gathering and smiled."Sorry for my latecoming.I was preparing so as to leave after this gathering." At once the crowd appeared to be full of life as murmurs broke out. " I am leaving..."

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 2:32pm On Nov 14, 2018
"But i cannot leave you people leaderless thats why am crowning myself chief.You are expected to send 20 goats,3 bags of cowries,ten hen's and 2 virgin's annualy to Akwuna.And ohh,Ukaji is your prime minister he will report only to me via my men who will be staying here permanently" he smirked and walked away with his soldeirs.The villagers all turned and looked at Ukaji who in turn gaped at Ikemba's retreating back with anger and surprise written all over his face.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 2:43pm On Nov 14, 2018
But what the villagers failed to understand was tha Ukaji's reaction was a result of a smooth double cross.The villagers slowly started for their houses each feeling an undying hate for their brothers from Akwuna.
Guys drop ur comments abeg.I cannot come and be talking to myself am not mad nu.Lol
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 2:54pm On Nov 14, 2018
cadec007 olaiyadoam smooth278 phoenixchap mekonglobal whizkidefe marychommy mhizv collinometric favch oluwaseunlic tunjilomo nightie evakingz

You guys should come and read oo.Free drinks and popcorn on the house...

2 Likes

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 3:03pm On Nov 14, 2018
Kaycee9242 Ann2012 Lightqueen
Wey una dey?
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Phoenix1949(m): 3:13pm On Nov 14, 2018
This story is very interesting, African and void of any ambiguity guy continue the sky is not your limit.
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Ann2012(f): 3:23pm On Nov 14, 2018
Demurkelly:
Kaycee9242 Ann2012 Lightqueen
Wey una dey?

I dey here oooo
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 8:35pm On Nov 14, 2018
Phoenix1949:
This story is very interesting, African and void of any ambiguity guy continue the sky is not your limit.

Thanks a lot bro.
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 8:37pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ann2012:

I dey here oooo

Kk.
Just checking on you guys.Popcorn have landed o.
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 8:54pm On Nov 14, 2018
Ezeka found out that his men and those from Ugwumba were all held prisoners.They prisoners were chained to the posts in the palace barn facing each other.They glared in anger at one another as if to stare themselves to death.Immediately Ezeka was carried in,the men of Ugwumba started yelling angrily.Some threatened to strangle him,some others claimed they will poison him while the rest kept mum.Apparently,they were trying to figure out the best way to make him suffer with...

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 9:02pm On Nov 14, 2018
...their hands chained behind them.The warriors of Umuichi in turn threatened to mutilate the men of Ugwumba for trying to invade them.
"You pigs were lucky" a warrior from Ugwumba sneered "we were not trying to invade,we were going to slaughter you monkeys..."
"With what men were you going to slaughter us with" a warrior from Umuichi countered "unless all your men are at home what am seeing here as men would make Amadioha fall of his seat in laughter"

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 9:11pm On Nov 14, 2018
...And so the warriors traded insults amongst themselves."Enough!" Ezeka grumbled." At last the muderer speaks..." one of the warriors of Ugwumba said.Ezeka looked at the source of the voice and saw a young man in his early 20's seated on the ground with his face also facing down."And you are not one?" a warrior from Umuichi asked fuming."Am a warrior,but not a murderer" the young man countered."Who are you boy?" Ezeka growled."You mean you dont get the resemblance?" the man asked...

Loaded...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Short Story Competitions / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Almost Pretty +18

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.