Stats: 3,152,245 members, 7,815,351 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:07 AM

Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) (4608 Views)

A Lonely Heart (A Story) / "No Pleasure For Dead Girls" A Story By Mancrimes.. (2) (3) (4)

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 9:22pm On Nov 14, 2018
...as he lifted his face.Ezeka gasped under his breath on seeing the mans face."Ogbuagu?" he blurted."No." the youmg man said devoid of emodition."No am his son".The men of Umuichi quieted down and gazed at the man."You killed my father" he said matter~of~factly "after killing Ezenna right?" You can justify it all you want,but know this; I will kill you the first instance i get the oppurtunity.Ezeka looked at his immobile legs and smiled "You cant do it"....

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Ann2012(f): 10:30pm On Nov 14, 2018
Demurkelly:

Kk.
Just checking on you guys.Popcorn have landed o.

Pass me mine jare cheesy
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Olaiyadoam(m): 11:19pm On Nov 14, 2018
Demurkelly, God will not swear for you.
Walahi, you be good person fah, thanks for the invitation bro..
Make i quickly catch up with you guys.
But abeg who dey share the pepsi and popcorn, e never reach mah side o. Biko, Chineke no go overlook you o..
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 12:08am On Nov 15, 2018
Olaiyadoam:
Demurkelly, God will not swear for you.
Walahi, you be good person fah, thanks for the invitation bro..
Make i quickly catch up with you guys.
But abeg who dey share the pepsi and popcorn, e never reach mah side o. Biko, Chineke no go overlook you o..

*Big smile*
Welcome bro.Why dont you head to the vvip section up front.For the popcorn ehn,na me dey share am for now but i dey find helper.You fit help me for that one?
*wink*

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 12:15am On Nov 15, 2018
Ann2012:

Pass me mine jare cheesy

Oya take this one.*passes popcorn*
Incase u need another one olaiyadoam don gree to assist me for sharing tinz.But this place you dey sef far oo.Why not head to da vvip section? Its way better there...
*wink*

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 12:25am On Nov 15, 2018
Ezeka expected the man to retort back at him but he apparently was a man of less words and more action as he just bent his head again and kept mute.That was when he knew the man meant business.He spoke all manner of obsenities to the men of Ugwumba but the man didn't look up again as his fathers men continued haggling insults with the men of Umuichi.
Agu tried to pull himself up from the mat but his body felt as heavy as lead.'Something was clearly wrong' he thought.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 12:35am On Nov 15, 2018
How could Ikemba have made that coward Ukaji their prime minister,he thought bitterly.Ever since last night his wife had told him how Ikemba had made himself chief without a coronation,and how Ukaji was made prime minister he smelt foul play.And when finally, he had heard that some warriors of Akwuna were still in Ugwumba to enforce the new decrees he knew Ukaji was definitely Ikembas lap dog.He gritted his teeth when he remembered how quickly Ukaji had succumbed,and bowed to Ikemba.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 1:00am On Nov 15, 2018
'That ambitious cow' Agu thought 'I will teach him to...'his train of thought was derailed as intense pain tore through his leg and he let out an involuntary scream of pain.He had attempted to lift his leg off the mat but the pain was unbearable.The flap to his door was raised as his wife tore into his hut."my husband,what is it?" she inquired.Agu groaned quietly and shook his head signifying that nothing was wrong.His wife nodded and left the hut unconvinced

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 1:11am On Nov 15, 2018
Ukaji walked around in his small hut restlessly.Ikemba thought he could double cross him without repurcussions.But he would show him that he,Ukaji was not a novice in such matters.He would create a vast army and conquer Akwuna then he would be regarded as the greatest chief in the history of Ugwumba.He smiled at his thoughts,indeed Amadioha was with him.
Nduka was slowly drinking the palm wine in front of him.He was there in body,but his mind was elsewhere.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Olaiyadoam(m): 6:31am On Nov 15, 2018
I, Olaiyadoam, 'in charge of popcorn and drinks'.. I'm highly honoured bro, i've been a loner on nairaland all this while but thank God for you.
Now to mah truthful comment,
Hmhm, i just caught up with you guys.
So firstly, i must confess you're doing a great work over here.
<sips pepsi>
Hmhmhm, I think Ezeka is going to have to join hands with Ogbuagu's son to defeat Ikemba. For Ukaji, kai, great suffering/punishment awaits him.
But the people of Ugwumba have to think wisely and act fast most especially Ezeka.
<pours a handful of popcorn into mouth>
Ride on bro.
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Ann2012(f): 8:26am On Nov 15, 2018
Olaiyadoam:
I, Olaiyadoam, 'in charge of popcorn and drinks'.. I'm highly honoured bro, i've been a loner on nairaland all this while but thank God for you.
<sips pepsi>
Hmhmhm, I think Ezeka is going to have to join hands with Ogbuagu's son to defeat Ikemba. For Ukaji, kai, great suffering/punishment awaits him.
But the people of Ugwumba have to think wisely and act fast most especially Ezeka.
<pours a handful of popcorn into mouth>
Ride on bro.

Well done, Popcorn sharer grin

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by phoenixchap: 10:34am On Nov 15, 2018
Thanks for the mention bro.. I'm abit in a fix right now but I scanned through you work and it will be more interesting if you take your time to compose a lengthy update and not the short updates.
Regards
Demurkelly:
cadec007 olaiyadoam smooth278 phoenixchap mekonglobal whizkidefe marychommy mhizv collinometric favch oluwaseunlic tunjilomo nightie evakingz

You guys should come and read oo.Free drinks and popcorn on the house...
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:09pm On Nov 15, 2018
phoenixchap:
Thanks for the mention bro.. I'm abit in a fix right now but I scanned through you work and it will be more interesting if you take your time to compose a lengthy update and not the short updates.
Regards

Welcome bro.
About the updates,am working on that.My phone does not allow me to type more than that thats why i post about 5 of those short updates at once.
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
Olaiyadoam:

Tankio bro.
For your analysis ehhnn....make we dey watch sha.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
He was thinking about his 3 sons who had gone to battle.He hoped they were safe."Oh gods of my fathers gone" he prayed "keep them safe".He drunk from his drinking horn and shaked his head to steady his vision.'My sons in captivity' he thought shaking his head.'All because of the useless war instigated by those riff-raffs from Umuichi,my sons are being held by Ikemba'.Immediately the name Ikemba crossed his thoughts,he dropped his drinking horn.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2018
He would have exploded with hate and anger had it been possible.'He killed Ogbuagu and blamed it on Ezeka.Then he came here and installed himself our chief.As if that was not enough he made a timid Ukaji who could not talk the prime minister.Ukaji of all people that would run from a dog's bark.And almost killed Agu...' at the remembrance of Agu he could have killed anything near him.He remembered how Onowu had stepped in and saved Agu."No!!" he thought aloud "Ikemba must not go free".

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:42pm On Nov 15, 2018
He heard his wife get up from her mat inside and shuffle her feet to the door.He heard right,as his wife stepped outside looking like someone who saw a ghost."My husband" she courtesied "please must you speak your thoughts aloud? That man has his men in our village and last i checked,the walls had ears,please..."
"Shut up woman." he replied coldly "Last i checked i was the head of this house and could say what i wanted without a womans interruption".

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Ann2012(f): 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
Thanks for the update OP
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:48pm On Nov 15, 2018
She kept quiet and went back inside quietly without objection because she knew her husband would not had replied her as such on a normal day.Nduka continued with his thoughts till about midnight when he made up a plan.For the first time that day,he smiled.'Surely,our brothers and sons shall be avenged' he smiled again and got up for bed.
Ezeka was still asleep when he received a kick on his head.He was about to shout in anger when he felt a pair of rough hands pull him up.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:58pm On Nov 15, 2018
As if that was not enough,water was poured on his face and the sleepiness fled from his eyes.He finally opened his eyes and saw Urasi and the men from yesterday."Ikemba will now speak to you"Urasi said and turned to leave.'About time...'Ezeka thought aloud as the men dragged him along.
Ikemba was sharpening his sword in front of Ezeka's hut when he noticed Urasi coming his way.The day was still breaking as the roosters crowed all about.He stood up from his position and...

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 5:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
...made for Ezeka's throne.He sat down and waited.The men dragged Ezeka to him and let him slump to the ground at Ikemba's feet."You..."Ezeka began.But Ikemba cut him short with a knock to the head."Thats no way to greet your king"Ikemba smiled sweetly.
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Olaiyadoam(m): 7:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
Hmhmhm, things are getting more tensed.
Ikemba is making more enemies than friends, i'm sure his end is going to be a sour one. He pisses me off..
My Fellow Distinguished Readers!
Abeg, Biko, Ejo, Edakun, Please, I carry Chineke Eledumare Allah God beg all off una.
Abeg helep us mention/invite/drag/bring more readers here nah.
Demurkelly is doing a great job here Olohun ngbo.
And make all this chilled PEPSI and hot POP_CORN no waste nah, i don chop tire for here biko..
Ride on boss.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Ann2012(f): 8:56pm On Nov 15, 2018
Well done OP

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Nobody: 9:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
Demurkelly:
Special s/o to Kaycee9242,light queen and Ann2012.
I'm here smiley. Continue the good work dear
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by phoenixchap: 10:43pm On Nov 15, 2018
Demurkelly:

Welcome bro.
About the updates,am working on that.My phone does not allow me to type more than that thats why i post about 5 of those short updates at once.
That's weird, try typing it on your phone note and copy and paste after that what others do
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 3:08pm On Nov 16, 2018
"My king?"Ezeka growled "You can only fantasize about being on that throne but you will never get it"Ikemba straightened himself on the throne and said "Looks like am the one on the throne from my point of view".He looked at his men and quirked his eyebrow.The men looked at each other as realization dawned on their face.They burst into an awkward laughter as the realized that Ikemba had just cracked a joke.Looking content,he came down from the throne and squatted behind Ezeka.

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 3:18pm On Nov 16, 2018
"I will be taking you back to Akwuna with me.Along with few of your men.Dont worry..."he added hastily as Ezeka meant to speak up "I will take the men of Ugwumba as well".Ezeka looked up at Ikemba clearly fuming."For what reason..."."Ohh! thats true....well you people will be tried for starting a war in our peaceful region..."
"What nonsense!"Ezeka barked "you must be out of your mind if you think we the people of Umuichi are respon..."the speech was cut short as Ikemba backhanded him...

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 3:29pm On Nov 16, 2018
"Dont you EVER interrupt me again.Is that understood?" he asked standing up.Ezeka nodded."You talk when you are to answer me,you swine" he said and gave Ezeka a kick on the left ear.Ezeka held himself from shouting out and make Ikemba happy."Yes,chief" he groaned.He had added chief to avoid getting another kick from Ikemba."Now as i was saying before you rudely interrupted me,i will take you and the best of your men -likewise with the Ugwumba's- and you all shall be tried in Akwuna.."

Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 3:35pm On Nov 16, 2018
...Any tribe found to be guilty shall be sold as slaves to the men with white skins.( white men)"
"That was your plan all along wasn't it? Intervene and sell us all as slaves for a few pieces of cowries".
"Well,i wouldn't say it is a few pieces of cowry.It should be more like a few bags of cowries" with that he laughed aloud and went into Ezeka's hut."You...!!"
He started as the men picked him up and started dragging him back to the prison.After Ezeka had been tied up,Urasi turned and...
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:15pm On Nov 16, 2018
Ann2012:
Well done OP

Tankio dear
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:20pm On Nov 16, 2018
LightQueen:
I'm here smiley. Continue the good work dear

Much tanks
Re: Ezeudo (A Story Of War And Peace) by Demurkelly: 4:22pm On Nov 16, 2018
phoenixchap:

That's weird, try typing it on your phone note and copy and paste after that what others do

Now thats an eye opener...
Thanks alot.

Short Story Competitions / Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie / Almost Pretty +18