Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,304 members, 7,819,037 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. (2364 Views)

2023: No Candidate Can Have A Landslide Victory - Aderogba Otunla(Photo, Trends) / Anambra Poll: Only Umeoji Can Win Landslide For APGA / I Will Win The Election With A Landslide - Yahaya Bello Boasts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by obonujoker(m): 8:38am On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:

Feel free to fool yourself. As I said a pragmatist will accept his knife is blunt and sharpen it while an emotional fantasist will try and claim the same knife is the sharpest and most dangerous in the world. Peter Obi is very ordinary with a highly undistinguished stint as Anambra governor no one remembers.

If you want to turn him into George Soros then be my guest as I know this is what people like you do with how your emotion-driven outlook prevents you from acceptibg reality. He is totally withiut charisma and confirmed religious and ethnic bigot so let the campaign begin. I will see where you will hide once they start dismantling your 'superman' Obi and his lord of looters oga. The point is that PDP goofed badly selling out to Atiku, for dollars, and Atiku then totally screwed his party vie choosing a VP who will not be liked or supported anywhere other than the SE/SS.

Don't speak for the Yorubas because you don't know nor ubderstand

Your business though... If Nigerians could vote Buhari who is a known hate speecher and non-profit monger, then Atiku/Obi have hope... and Nigeria won't vote along tribal and religious lines...
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by EvilMetahuman: 8:39am On Nov 12, 2018
maybachmusic:
Hmm
New monicker shocked shocked

Praising buhari shocked shocked shocked

BMC is real? shocked
Scam shocked shocked shocked
where did he praise buhari?

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by MeanChris(m): 8:47am On Nov 12, 2018
Modphase:

Keeeping lying to yourself one day you will believe it. Nigeria can’t n do not believe your Igbotic lies. They can tell who is more corrupt btw Buhari n PDP themselves. Your pathetic noise about Buhari’s son bike or the daughter working at NNPC makes no difference. Wail some more okay.

Tell me a single lie in what I wrote

Is Akpabio not a saint now?

Did Lai mohamed not say Zakzaki is fed with 3.5 million?

Did Buhari not recall, reinstate and promote Maina?

Did Ganduje not stuff dollars in his Babaringa?

Did Buhari not travel for ear infection?

Was the recession of 84 as a result of fall in oil price too?

Is Buhari's son not riding a power bike and was taken to Germany for treatment?

You lots! Your hypocrisy stinks to the highest heavens!
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by buhariguy(m): 8:49am On Nov 12, 2018
obonujoker:

Educated yorubas don't look at stupid vain propaganda... they look at acheivements, past records and sustained efficiency of a candidate. Guess you know why Ambode lost the governorship post?? Obi is a doer and a progressive mind.. Nigerians want a better Nigeria, and Atiku/Obi are successful businessmen, which is what Nigeria needs... Not a clown like Buhari who has no past records, acheivements or even a business... Swerve!!!!
the jobless aggressive lazy idiotic pigs of Bia-fra terrorist said buhari has failed, but if we refer them to the past, they wil say don't compare the past and now,
And that is an hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 8:51am On Nov 12, 2018
obonujoker:

Your business though... If Nigerians could vote Buhari who is a known hate speecher and non-profit monger, then Atiku/Obi have hope... and Nigeria won't vote along tribal and religious lines...

Not telling you Nigerians will vote along tribal lines. I am saying they wont vote someone who hates them because of their ethnicity and religion. Two entirely diferrent concepts. Remember the SE felt Buhari hates them and voted against him massively in 2015? Did Buhari then not fare well in the SW and North where voters did not percieve him as their ethno-religious hater?

Of course some can vote in support of their ethic and religious kinsman but not many ,even if they believe in merit and achievement will vote for someone they believe hates them because of their relious and ethnic background. That is what you and others are not seeing that will be used against camp Atiku/Obi.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Bizibi(m): 8:51am On Nov 12, 2018
Next year will be interesting
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Omololu001: 9:01am On Nov 12, 2018
DDeliverer:
It's amazing this is the best zombies can do...Dividing Nigerians along ethnic lines..Is this the best you sons of pedition can do?

What y'all fail to realize is that every living soul in Nigeria is tired of Buhari...It is anybody but Buhari.

Northerners can vote Nnamdi Kanu just to make sure Buhari is sent packing.

The west can vote the devil just to send Buhari back to his cows.

keep deceiving yourself grin

Buhari will have close to 65% in the south west.

Kiss the truth kiss

2 Likes

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by SarkinYarki: 9:18am On Nov 12, 2018
Come and give Buhari landslide let's see

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 9:36am On Nov 12, 2018
Omololu001:
keep deceiving yourself grin

Buhari will have close to 65% in the south west.

Kiss the truth kiss

Indeed. SE and SS will vote PDP but APC will do better here than in 2015.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by tuniski: 9:45am On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:

He cannot counter what I have posted as his ilk run on emotion and sentiments. Never logic or pragmatism that are far more useful in securing the outcome one wants in life. I decided to join NL and contribute because I could not believe the incredible naivete of those who, out of the ethnic and religious hatred for PMB and Osinbajo, have now turned two very odious characters (Atiku and Obi) into God and Jesus . The election won't be close. Atiku and Obi will be obliterated because the same greed, diahonesty and indecency that made the PDP fail Nigeria for 16 long years has now made them to choose Atiku and Obi , indirectly, who are both the worst candidates imaginable. Let campaigning start. We will see as the APC is far smarter and of greater intellectual stock than PDP.
By February 16th Nigerians by majority will roundly send buhari back to Daura!
The simple question to most is : are you better today than a few years Back? The answer will be the overwhelming rejection of buhari/apc next year!
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 9:53am On Nov 12, 2018
SarkinYarki:
Come and give Buhari landslide let's see

Well it won't be close because PDP has committed political hara kiri because of the personal greed of some of its delegate members. Atiku was the worst choice and he then chose Obi who is a myopic choice and will be a hard sell in the SW and North.

For example, what mouth will those claiming Buhari is too old speak with now that PDP has produced a man in his seventies same as PMB?

How about those who claim Nigeria deserves a move away from the older generation who "got us where we are" yet PDP managef to choose a man who typifies this more than any other politician living today? Kwanwaso, Tambuwal and Saraki may be a lot of things but they cant be accused of being from the IBB, OBJ and Abacha era as Atiku is 100%.

I cant believe PDP got it this wrong considering Buhari has lost goodwill any but the odious pairing of Atiku/Obi could have taken advantage of . As it is, many Nigerians will be sticking with the Devil they know instead of taking a chance on Atiku and Obi who they will percieve as far worse than PMB and Osinbajo and not worth gambling on.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 10:02am On Nov 12, 2018
tuniski:

By February 16th Nigerians by majority will roundly send buhari back to Daura!
The simple question to most is : are you better today than a few years Back? The answer will be the overwhelming rejection of buhari/apc next year!

If the PDP had chosen wisely and not sold out to Atiku for cash then maybe you would right. As it is many will reject the PDP because they cannot bear to vote Atiku/Obi ,given the antecedent of both, and not because they are particularly passionate about another 4 years for Buhari.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by feddis(m): 11:15am On Nov 12, 2018
It will definitely be a landslide for him on his way back to Daura.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by tuniski: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:

If the PDP had chosen wisely and not sold out to Atiku for cash then maybe you would right. As it is many will reject the PDP because they cannot bear to vote Atiku/Obi ,given the antecedent of both, and not because they are particularly passionate about another 4 years for Buhari.
The PDP's ticket is the best! Anyway, even angels won't have everyone voting for then. Buhari will have millions of votes Probably including yours but,millions more will vote Atiku/obi's ticket!
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 12, 2018
feddis:
It will definitely be a landslide for him on his way back to Daura.

Interesting election because it has ended before it even begun down to the candidates the main Parties settled on. Console yourself but fact on ground, not internet/nairaland likes and share, is that PDP had a chance to capitalise on the loss of political goodwill Buhari had suffered to really give him a good fight by presenting strong, untainted and modern candidates, who would mount a winnable challenge against PMB/Osinbajo .

Instead irredeemable greed, ingrained in the DNA of the PDP, churned up Atiku and then Obi. Looking forward to the beginning of campaign. Interesting times ahead.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by orisa37: 11:40am On Nov 12, 2018
Heaven is against that.
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by tuniski: 11:45am On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:

Well it won't be close because PDP has committed political hara kiri because of the personal greed of some of its delegate members. Atiku was the worst choice and he then chose Obi who is a myopic choice and will be a hard sell in the SW and North.

For example, what mouth will those claiming Buhari is too old speak with now that PDP has produced a man in his seventies same as PMB?

How about those who claim Nigeria deserves a move away from the older generation who "got us where we are" yet PDP managef to choose a man who typifies this more than any other politician living today? Kwanwaso, Tambuwal and Saraki may be a lot of things but they cant be accused of being from the IBB, OBJ and Abacha era as Atiku is 100%.

I cant believe PDP got it this wrong considering Buhari has lost goodwill any but the odious pairing of Atiku/Obi could have taken advantage of . As it is, many Nigerians will be sticking with the Devil they know instead of taking a chance on Atiku and Obi who they will percieve as far worse than PMB and Osinbajo and not worth gambling on.

You are an apc/buhari fan so you won't see the tsunami that is about to hit PMB.

You can bank it, Atiku is the next president and Nigeria will be better under his watch!
No amount of propaganda and desperate hate speech will stop the Nigerian movement to send Buhari back to daura!

You guys are very poor students of History that is why you keep deceiving yourself about a buhari's victory! #2019PresidentAtiku.
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 11:52am On Nov 12, 2018
tuniski:

The PDP's ticket is the best! Anyway, even angels won't have everyone voting for then. Buhari will have millions of votes Probably including yours but,millions more will vote Atiku/obi's ticket!

I think you can tell I am not a total Buhari fan. Not at all and I have been disappointed by his leadership which I consider inadequate overall. Yet is the Atiku/Obi ticket a viable options given what I know about those two?emphatic No. Now, how many Nigerians do you think will share my mindset?

Many who hate PMB and Osinbajo blindly just think it is a case of vote for anyone but those two. Not so. Especially when the PDP has produced options those of us not blinded by hate will never vote for because of their history. That is why I said PMB will win easily. Own goal by the greed-infested PDP who can never put merit first. Atiku? Okay.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 11:58am On Nov 12, 2018
tuniski:

You are an apc/buhari fan so you won't see the tsunami that is about to hit PMB.

You can bank it, Atiku is the next president and Nigeria will be better under his watch!
No amount of propaganda and desperate hate speech will stop the Nigerian movement to send Buhari back to daura!

You guys are very poor students of History that is why you keep deceiving yourself about a buhari's victory! #2019PresidentAtiku.

Hopefully you wont deactivate your account and run next year when Buhari defeats Atiku in what will be a disappointing anti-climax for folks like you who even thought Atiku stood a chance to begin with. You can see how unintelligent and lacking in critical perception Atiku is .

Elitist Dubai head office for political strategizing, with billions of our naira flowing into the Dubai economy, and Nigeria is losing out. Small things like that show Atiku is a big political olodo. When he will face the major onslaught, after campaign begins, that is game over.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 11:59am On Nov 12, 2018
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:00pm On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:
I am not entirely happy with the performance of PMB over the past 3 years (herdsmen menace in particular and cronyism ) but I remain a pragmatic fan because I know he has kept the 'Wolves at bay' like others can't and is probably the best President for current Nigeria because of a silent 'strongman' style that gets a lot done in the background ordinary Nigerians do not see.

PMB is not an attention seeker and the next President after PMB will have it easier as many of the destructive old boys like Atiku and OBJ will be finished for good and rendered impotent.

Regarding the election, PMB will win by a landslide because Atiku is totally the wrong choice, as a despised elitist Northerner the talakawas cannot identify with, while Obi is simply a no-no for many in the SW and North. Obi , showing nauseating bigotry and lack of intelligence, once said, and I quote, Igbos should not vote for "the Yoruba Party" when Ngige ran on the platform of the ACN. He insinuated directly that the Yorubas are enemies to be rejected, as Kanu, does daily, and I am sure this will be a major campaign logo against him in the SW to the extent only self-hating Yorubas will vote a man who has showed open disdain for their ethnic group. We can all remember how the hate speech of the Jonathan camp (PEJ, Asari Dokubo et al) worked against them in 2015.

In the North, and for too many reasons than I care to list, Obi is simply an abomination and an enemy while Atiku is viewed as a hater of the common man who has now sided with an enemy. We can remember the Igbos have poured invectives on the North horribly for years, even befire GEJ lost, and Obi is seen as an arrowhead of this bigotry and hatred.

PDP, a party of very greedy but unintelligent men ready to sell their mother to the highest bidder, royally screwed itself with the choice of Atiku and Atiku, an unintelligent yet highly desperate man, chose the worst possible VP available. The election will not be close. Landslide for PMB. When election campaign begins, it will be too easy to discredit Atiku and Obi in the North abd SW to the severe detriment of the PDP. I will ressurect this thread next year after PMB has won and Atiku and Obi have been obliterated.

For the record, yes, Peter Obi's statement was unguarded. He was trying to evoke the image of Ojukwu as his political godfather to give him greater authenticity than Ngige. This doesn't mean he's an anti-Yoruba bigot. His alleged sins against Northerners are distortions or outright fabrications.

But apparently, tacit support of the herdsmen rampage that has seen thousands of Nigerian deaths, hundreds of thousands displaced and millions of livelihoods ruined by the conflict is less "nauseating" than a guy whipping up crude primordial sentiments about his ACN opponent running on a "non-Igbo" platform. Shows the priorities you value.

The SW will vote for Buhari. But I believe this should have more to do with his relative performance in the zone, unlike the abandoned SS and the "5%" SE (I'm guessing that is not "nauseating bigotry" ) and his governing coalition with the Tinubu political machine. The notion though that his platform is somehow more inclusive is laughable. You have alluded to his blatant cronyism and tacit support for his marauding brothers' activities, and yet tried to portray the PDP platform as a divisive one. Funny.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

For the record, yes, Peter Obi's statement was unguarded. He was trying to evoke the image of Ojukwu as his political godfather to give him greater authenticity than Ngige. This doesn't mean he's an anti-Yoruba bigot. His alleged sins against Northerners are distortions or outright fabrications.

But apparently, tacit support of the herdsmen rampage that has seen thousands of Nigerian deaths, hundreds of thousands displaced and millions of livelihoods ruined by the conflict is less "nauseating" than a guy whipping up crude primordial sentiments about his ACN opponent running on a "non-Igbo" platform. Shows the priorities you value.

The SW will vote for Buhari. But I believe this should have more to do with his relative performance in the zone, unlike the abandoned SS and the "5%" SE (I'm guessing that is not "nauseating bigotry" ) and his governing coalition with the Tinubu political machine. The notion though that his platform is somehow more inclusive is laughable. You have alluded to his blatant cronyism and tacit support for his marauding brothers' activities, and yet tried to portray the PDP platform as a divisive one. Funny.

The reality shows Buhari has done more for the SE and SS than GEJ did. Let us reject hate-driven propaganda. If you are hateful and determined not to view others objectively them you will never see the good they do for you.

I don't claim the herdsmen menace is minor in comparsion to Obi's ethnic slur. My point is that the PDP, because of the greed of its members and a lack of interest in what is best for ordinary Nigerians, made it easy for Buhari to win when he was a dazed boxer reeling against the ropes awaiting a knockout.

Some of us want progressive politics that ensures Nigerians are the winners, because there is always progress and forward motion. We want new thinking and advances on past mistakes. How is Atiku not one of our biggest past mistakes? Buhari won and ia god-like in the North because of his reputation of siding with the common man. Research it and you will find that the common man in the North hates and diatrust Atiku because of his elitism and get rich mantra that has never benefitted the talakawas.

It is sad the PDP cannot even eschew greed to be a competent opposition Nigerians like me can view as a credible alternative. You know Atiku is the worst thief of the old school lot. When a thief like OBJ calls you a thief then that is something else. Atiku was that bad. The choice of Obi as well is daft. Why not Okonjo-Iweala or Duke if PDP VP slot zoned to SE/SS?

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by SouthEastFacts: 12:16pm On Nov 12, 2018
Just 6 days to the campaign. Why not wait and see how it would happen. E go clear for una eyes.

Buhari would be lucky to win 60% in SW and NW. NW has been heavily divided against Buhari:

Shia moslems
Part of Kano
Part of sokoto
Part of Jigawa
Part of Zamfara
Part of Kaduna
Northern Christians
The Caliphate

SW can never give a bloc vote. So 60% would be a miracle for Buhari

NE, NC, SE and SS would deliver the victory. If APC rigs, PDP would declare a parallel government

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by tuniski: 12:30pm On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:

Hopefully you wont deactivate your account and run next year when Buhari defeats Atiku in what will be a disappointing anti-climax for folks like you who even thought Atiku stood a chance to begin with. You can see how unintelligent and lacking in critical perception Atiku is .

Elitist Dubai head office for political strategizing, with billions of our naira flowing into the Dubai economy, and Nigeria is losing out. Small things like that show Atiku is a big political olodo. When he will face the major onslaught, after campaign begins, that is game over.
I am not a kid to be deactivating handle simply cos of an unfavorable outcome. Neither am I the type that uses multiple handles/moniker.

Keep speaking long English while Atiku is getting set to be the next president.

Isn't it an irony that people who support buhari can point at another and Accuse Such of low intelligence, isn't it?

Tell Buhari to stop spending tax payers money on worthless foreign trips and medical tourism! Buhari is the definition of National waaste! Atiku in his private capacity can travel anywhere and do whatever. He is a bigger contributor to our nation than the Failure in aso rock!
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Ganduri: 12:35pm On Nov 12, 2018
Dear Yorubas, pls leave us out of your greedy quest for power and blind support for Buhari. When hundreds of my people were slaughtered in Barkin ladi, Tapkum, Zangon kataf, Agatu, Kasuwan Magani, in Kachia and so many other places, Yorubas were the ones on every platform trying to justify the violence. Most of you were quoting News reports of past occcurances. Pls we have seen through your pretence, we know you dnt care about us, You guys are running up and down on every thread on NL defebding the most cluelest, jihadist govt ever just cos you are scared of being relegated back to regional tribalistic politricks. Stop usibg the words “Nigerians” when you are trying to mask you selfish greed, as it stands only Yorubas are standing with Buhari, the rest of us in the NE, NC, are firmly behind the detribalized Atiku.
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 12:36pm On Nov 12, 2018
SouthEastFacts:
Just 6 days to the campaign. Why not wait and see how it would happen. E go clear for una eyes.

Buhari would be lucky to win 60% in SW and NW. NW has been heavily divided against Buhari:

Shia moslems
Part of Kano
Part of sokoto
Part of Jigawa
Part of Zamfara
Part of Kaduna
Northern Christians
The Caliphate

SW can never give a bloc vote. So 60% would be a miracle for Buhari

NE, NC, SE and SS would deliver the victory. If APC rigs, PDP would declare a parallel government

Dude, the point is that it is not about Buhari underperforming and then Nigerians will automatically vote his main opposition as 'change'. The point is that the PDP placed their pledge for 'change' in the worst hands possible. Get it?

As it is now, there are many Nigerians who will totally forget PMB's underwhelming performance in some sector because they dont want Atiku and his venture-capitalist style anywhere near our coffers. There will be Nigerians who are dissatisfied with PMB but will vote against Atiku because of his bigoted VP who has childishly, without a thought for the future, made it clear he is a xenophobe and a religious/ethnic bigot.

PDP goofed big time and many would admit this if not for blind hatred of PMB that now makes them view Atiku/Obi with rose-tinted glasses when most Nigeriams see something else. Something dangerous and certainly not better than what is in place.
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Obi1kenobi(m): 12:45pm On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:

The reality shows Buhari has done more for the SE and SS than GEJ did. Let us reject hate-driven propaganda. If you are hateful and determined not to view others objectively them you will never see the good they do for you. I don't claim the herdsmen menace is minor in comparsion to Obi's ethnic slur. My point is that the PDP, because of the gree of its members and a lack of interest in what is best for ordinary Nigerians, made it easy for Buhari to win when he was a dazed boxer reeling against the ropes aeaiting a knockout. Some of us want progressive politics that ensures Nigerians are thr winners and it is sad the PDP cannot even eschew greed to be a competent opposition Nigerians like me can view as a credible alternative. You know Atiku is the worst thief of the old school lot. When a thief like OBJ calls you a thief then that is something else. Atiku wad that bad. The choice of Obi as well is daft. Why not Okonjo-Iweala od Duke if PDP VP slot zoned to SE/SS?

The only operational power plant in the SE, the Alaoji plant, was commissioned under GEJ. The Enugu airport was renovated and upgraded to carry international flights under him. The Adada River Dam was built under him. Ebonyi got its first Federal University and teaching hospital under him. GEJ built far more Federal Roads in the SE in his tenure than Buhari is dong now. The SE had the biggest road construction budget in the country under GEJ. Meanwhile under Buhari, we have by far the least. The FG budgeted more for capital projects in Kano alone last year than the whole SE combined. GEJ was certainly a failure and a weak leader under who corruption flowered and thrived to its peak, but don't try to insult our intelligence making it out like Buhari cares more about the SE than GEJ did. Buhari knows the SE despises him and doesn't hide his resentment for the region since his infamous "5%" speech.

I don't disagree with your points about Atiku. Or even Peter Obi who deserves to pay political costs for his reckless utterances in the past. I do believe the portrayal of Obi as a "bigot" is exaggerated. Especially in light of the fact this government who had time to gun down IPOB supporters (and I say this as someone who despises IPOB), but at every turn has abdicated its duty to protect Nigerians from marauding herdsmen acting with impunity. I just find it interesting you were focusing on the divisiveness of a figure like Peter Obi, when this administration has thrived on division and sectarianism and cronyism like never before in my lifetime of observing Nigerian politics. This administration embodies division.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 1:03pm On Nov 12, 2018
tuniski:

I am not a kid to be deactivating handle simply cos of an unfavorable outcome. Neither am I the type that uses multiple handles/moniker.

Keep speaking long English while Atiku is getting set to be the next president.

Isn't it an irony that people who support buhari can point at another and Accuse Such of low intelligence, isn't it?

Tell Buhari to stop spending tax payers money on worthless foreign trips and medical tourism! Buhari is the definition of National waaste! Atiku in his private capacity can travel anywhere and do whatever. He is a bigger contributor to our nation than the Failure in aso rock!

I dont view Buhari a genius and I am glad he cannot do more than 4 years but he clearly has more intelligent advisors than Atiku. The choice of Dubai as campaign outpost is unintelligent and further conformation Atiku is incapable of rejecting elitism and a style characterised by ostentatious politicking.

Not fond of Buhari's many medical trip, as I know they are costing Nigeria a fortune, but fact is that no nation in the world would spare monetary expense to secure the health of their number one citizen. I agree with those who argue Nigeria's healthcare must be upgraded so Buhari and others can be treated inexpensively at home but that is not possible now. Yes Buhari must do more per healthcare but will he be allowed to die in Nigeria if better treatment and facilities are to be found abroad? Sad realities we can only hope will get addressed but ,as an example of my argument, no one will see Atiku's hypocrisy (Mr private university, private hospital andd private everything) in his attempt to rebrand himself a friend of ordinary Nigerians.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/23/flashback-how-atiku-abubakar-flew-london-2007-after-hurting-his-knee

Atiku and Obi are sad because too much material is available to dismantle both whereas PFP should have rejected dollarization to go for candidates APC and Buhari, less popular than in 2015, will struggle to discredit.

1 Like

Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by tuniski: 1:07pm On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:

I think you can tell I am not a total Buhari fan. Not at all and I have been disappointed by his leadership which I consider inadequate overall. Yet is the Atiku/Obi ticket a viable options given what I know about those two?emphatic No. Now, how many Nigerians do you think will share my mindset?

Many who hate PMB and Osinbajo blindly just think it is a case of vote for anyone but those two. Not so. Especially when the PDP has produced options those of us not blinded by hate will never vote for because of their history. That is why I said PMB will win easily. Own goal by the greed-infested PDP who can never put merit first. Atiku? Okay.
Only buharideens share your thought. Buhari is a failure and he won't be reinforced!

The defeat of buhari will do you the way that of GEJ did his fans/supporters.
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by tuniski: 1:12pm On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:

I dont view Buhari a genius and I am glad he cannot do more than 4 years but he clearly has more intelligent advisors than Atiku. The choice of Dubai as campaign outpost is unintelligent and further conformation Atiku is incapable of rejecting elitism and a style characterised by ostentatious politicking.

Not fond of Buhari's many medical trip, as I know they are costing Nigeria a fortune, but fact is that no nation in the world would spare monetary expense to secure the health of their number one citizen. I agree with those who argue Nigeria's healthcare must be upgraded so Buhari and others can be treated inexpensively at home but that is not possible now. Yes Buhari must do more per healthcare but will he be allowed to die in Nigeria if better treatment and facilities are to be found abroad? Sad realities we can only hope will get addressed but ,as an example of my argument, no one will see Atiku's hypocrisy (Mr private university, private hospital andd private everything) in his attempt to rebrand himself a friend of ordinary Nigerians.

http://saharareporters.com/2018/08/23/flashback-how-atiku-abubakar-flew-london-2007-after-hurting-his-knee

Atiku and Obi are sad because too much material is available to dismantle both whereas PFP should have rejected dollarization to go for candidates APC and Buhari, less popular than in 2015, will struggle to discredit.
The way you Sound and reason Is Exactly why Buhari will be defeated Fair and square!

Nigerians are not interested in all these tit For tat worthless argument of buharist, no they are not! The pervading poverty and hardship that is now Carelessly synonym for buhari is the death knell of PmB/apc come 2019.

Please.Continue in yourself delusion.
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Nobody: 1:23pm On Nov 12, 2018
Obi1kenobi:

The only operational power plant in the SE, the Alaoji plant, was commissioned under GEJ. The Enugu airport was renovated and upgraded to carry international flights under him. The Adada River Dam was built under him. Ebonyi got its first Federal University and teaching hospital under him. GEJ built far more Federal Roads in the SE in his tenure than Buhari is dong now. The SE had the biggest road construction budget in the country under GEJ. Meanwhile under Buhari, we have by far the least. The FG budgeted more for capital projects in Kano alone last year than the whole SE combined. GEJ was certainly a failure and a weak leader under who corruption flowered and thrived to its peak, but don't try to insult our intelligence making it out like Buhari cares more about the SE than GEJ did. Buhari knows the SE despises him and doesn't hide his resentment for the region since his infamous "5%" speech.

I don't disagree with your points about Atiku. Or even Peter Obi who deserves to pay political costs for his reckless utterances in the past. I do believe the portrayal of Obi as a "bigot" is exaggerated. Especially in light of the fact this government who had time to gun down IPOB supporters (and I say this as someone who despises IPOB), but at every turn has abdicated its duty to protect Nigerians from marauding herdsmen acting with impunity. I just find it interesting you were focusing on the divisiveness of a figure like Peter Obi, when this administration has thrived on division and sectarianism and cronyism like never before in my lifetime of observing Nigerian politics. This administration embodies division.

The 5% speech is distasteful and an example of why I will be happy for PMB to leave in future even as I was a fan in 2015. Nonetheless, he remains a good but limited man who has done well with capital and human projects in the SE with substantially less resources than the PDP had at its disposal from the OBJ days. This is not deniable.

Scroll up to see that I mentioned one of my main grouse with PMB is cronyism. I hated the Maina affair and I disliked intensely the partiality PMB seemed to show towards his appointees of Northern extraction.

That still does not mean I should foolishly support Atiku whose leadership style, which he even shows he is unable to change till date, revolves around elitism and the disenfranchising of ordinary Nigerians.
Politics is pragmatism. Atiku will take Nigeria backwards because he will open the floodgate to the worst form of rapacious crony-capitalism Nigeria has ever seen. His history and even current conduct supports that suspicion.
Re: It Will Be A Landslide For Buhari. by Obi1kenobi(m): 1:45pm On Nov 12, 2018
Oshigun:

The 5% speech is distasteful and an example of why I will be happy for PMB to leave in future even as I was a fan in 2015. Nonetheless, he remains a good but limited man who has done well with capital and human projects in the SE with substantially less resources than the PDP had at its disposal from the OBJ days. This is not deniable.

Scroll up to see that I mentioned one of my main grouse with PMB is cronyism. I hated the Maina affair and I disliked intensely the partiality PMB seemed to show towards his appointees of Northern extraction.

That still does not mean I should foolishly support Atiku whose leadership style, which he even shows he is unable to change till date, revolves around elitism and the disenfranchising of ordinary Nigerians.
Politics is pragmatism. Atiku will take Nigeria backwards because he will open the floodgate to the worst form of rapacious crony-capitalism Nigeria has ever seen. His history and even current conduct supports that suspicion.

Again, the emboldened is not a fact. It's simply not true. Reminds me of those who have been making unfounded claims about the Onitsha-Enugu expressway, yet when I traveled in April to Nsukka to get my degree certificate from UNN, only the portions constructed by the Anambra government were in good shape. The rest of the road was a disaster. Infact one of the 2 carriageways getting to the Enugu section had been completely covered with soil and had morphed into an extension of the bush, with 2-way traffic only on one side of the road. Yet, people kept peddling fake pictures claiming the FG had constructed the road. It is not a fact. Some are trying to give him credit for progress on the 2nd Niger Bridge, but that was already progressing and funds had been appropriated for early stages of construction before PMB came in. It's no different from his inheriting the Kaduna-Abuja rail, or the Abuja Metro rail network which was well over 90% complete before he came in.

I'll also not disagree with you about Atiku. But I'd still lean towards him as someone who looks like he has a modicum of competence on running something, like his businesses. The problem with Buhari is one of competence. He has greater personal integrity than most Nigerian leaders (even though he's surrounded by rogues which makes his personal integrity useless), but all the willpower in the world can't cover his incompetence. I always called GEJ "clueless", but examining many scandals in Buhari's admin, he is every bit as clueless as GEJ was. I voted Buhari due to his anti-corruption mantra. But it's obvious he's useless. I was wishing on one of his medical trips, he could be ill enough to be incapacitated (not wishing him death or harm, just ill enough to retire) and leave the country for Osibanjo to govern. He's an incompetent, clueless man.

And there is really no point talking about his funding shortfall compared to his predecessors, when he is drowning us in more debt within 3 years, than PDP in 16 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Muslim Explains The Controversial Words On A Bus Meant For Islamic Evangelism / Nnamdi Kanu's Art Of Prophecy / Leave Yorubaland Immediately Or Risk Attack, Afenifere Warns Fulani Vigilante

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.