Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,143 members, 7,811,217 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank (29365 Views)

Diamond Bank Introduces *426# USSD Code For Easy Banking / True Story Of Pensioner Who Was "Chased Away By Diamond Bank Manager" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by lexy2014: 8:31am On Nov 12, 2018
kennygee:
Na wa o. I could have swore diamond bank is doing well.
U need 2c their new head office building they are building in Lagos. How dem go come do that one?

1 Like

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Topmaike007(m): 8:33am On Nov 12, 2018
Ishilove:
Seriously. Access bank are thieves
big thief
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Nobody: 8:33am On Nov 12, 2018
OkaNaUbe:
I stopped banking with Access Bank because of incessant debit of my account. I complained but they didn't stop it. I had to stop using the account.

Now they want to acquire Diamond Bank Ye pa!

And ur now using diamond Bank?
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Evercurious(f): 8:36am On Nov 12, 2018
Aquariann:
Good. Another one about to bite the dust. TSA and BVN is really exposing these Nigerian banks. Once upon a time, they were busy giving huge loans to characters like Ben Bruce and other Nigerian billionaires without collateral. After all, several government agencies had multiple bank accounts with them, so no shaking.

Sponsoring politicians was the order of the day as against giving loans to promising small and medium scale businesses whom they'll demand your left kidney and grandfather's balls as collateral in return.

Now, no more excess and free government money, Ben Bruce and co can't repay their bank loans, they are all running around like headless chickens.

After Skye bank, who would have believed Diamond bank is not stable?

Please what you know... You simply wrote trash here..Incompetence was their downfall... And not this thing you wrote
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Acidosis(m): 8:36am On Nov 12, 2018
DonDiego:

Reading through annual reports of these banks is a good start. But it may not always be enough to gauge the true state of these institutions.
With creative accounting and thoroughly laxity by financial institutions' regulators, these banks can and do still pass off banks in a coma as healthy institutions.
Nigeria still has a long way to go.

Yea I get your points. Have you seen the earlier report from the Punch Newspaper?

https://punchng.com/no-investment-offer-yet-diamond-bank-declares/

I can imagine what will become of their yearly entrepreneurship bootcamp. It goes to show it isn't all about paperwork. Trainings without capital is useless. If Diamond bank is unable to attract a potential investor to help recapitalize since 2016, then what is the fate of the average and struggling businessman in Nigeria?

Na God go save pesin for this con-3.

2 Likes

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Aquariann: 8:37am On Nov 12, 2018
CyberWolf:
Must he allow his son to run down the company? Can’t he get another capable hand to run the bank knowing that his son is not capable? Nawa oo

The old man don retire na. Don't know if he can do much now just as I strongly believe this decision would have been reached with him in the know.

3 Likes

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Evercurious(f): 8:37am On Nov 12, 2018
kennygee:

Well you shldnt judge the performance of banks by their buildings...

3 Likes

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Tolexander: 8:40am On Nov 12, 2018
aljharem:
Diamond tribalistic bank angry angry angry
you still dey here?

how far bro?
how you dey?
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by CyberWolf: 8:41am On Nov 12, 2018
Aquariann:

The old man don retire na. Don't know if he can do much now just as I strongly believe this decision would have been reached with him in the know.
I was skeptical when his son took over from him with any solid experience in the banking sector, now this is the result. Someone wants to invest in the bank with the condition that the son (Uzoma Dozie) should step aside but he refused. Sit tight mentality of Africans smh angry

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Aquariann: 8:42am On Nov 12, 2018
lexy2014:

And they money 2b building their new massive head office at V.I.

That new building behind Access bank, Palms Mall road abi?. I was surprised when I saw their logo (though it was covered by the next day).

Anyways, Access bank go just park inside and Dem go change the diamond logo to Access chevron logo

4 Likes

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by StOla: 8:43am On Nov 12, 2018
Yoighaman:

STB acquired UBA, don't forget that.

How did STB acquire UBA, then UBA retained its name while the STB name perished? Is it because Tony Elumelu was chosen as the CEO after the merger?

Do you know the financial distance between a giant UBA and a Lilliput STB?

1 Like

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Acidosis(m): 8:44am On Nov 12, 2018
Aquariann:

Baba Acid, I'm not exactly surprised tbh. After Afri Bank and Intercontinental bank issues shake my papa wella, I started paying attention to these Nigerian financial institutions.

There's a reason everybody in my fam has an account first with First Bank before any other one. Na because of yeye talk like this Diamond own.

One just needs to be very observant. CBN and other regulatory bodies are our only hope. That office is way more important than any political office in the country.

1 Like

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by wasiudvd(m): 8:46am On Nov 12, 2018
God please! Not Access bank.
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by lloyds(m): 8:49am On Nov 12, 2018
After GtBank, diamond is the next most classy Nigerian bank. They have good structures and culture. It's sad this is happening to them.

Their exposure to micro leading was too much and they were careless.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Evercurious(f): 8:53am On Nov 12, 2018
RTSC:

So once, these unstable banks are swallowed up with the corresponding lose in jobs, the remaining banks will start offering loans to SMEs?
You think buhari can force them to offer loans to SMEs as opposed to creating policies that will encourage such.

Continue. All of us dey here dey look.

My dear help me ask him... Saying what they do not understand..
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by kenmaro: 8:53am On Nov 12, 2018
What is the fate of Diamond bank ordinary shareholders, are they carried along in this acquisition deal? Will the shares be valid and converted to access bank shares or it will be liquidated like the case of Allstates bank & Ecobank?
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by OgogoroFreak(m): 8:55am On Nov 12, 2018
oyetunder:
what about Diamond bank salary for life?
that na salary till next year.
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Aquariann: 8:57am On Nov 12, 2018
tommyken:

I once told someone here in this forum that his son is not fit for that position. while must you hand over such empire to someone who can't handle it all in the name of he is your son.

You cannot blame the man. He is human after all and self preservation is like a first line of defence. After he (i.e Pascal Dozie) resigned, Alex Otti took over then after a while made way for Uzoma.

Now I'm not saying people from other fields don't do well in the financial sector, but I think the guy's science background (He studied Industrial chemistry or something like that) made sure he wasn't part of the system for a long time.

I might be wrong though, as one cannot overlook the negative effect of their penchant for "padi-padi" banking services.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by moneyissues(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2018
Na to change bank be that o....Access bank and their incessant charges..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by OgogoroFreak(m): 9:05am On Nov 12, 2018
Yoighaman:

STB acquired UBA, don't forget that.
are you sure about this? I thought uba is still in operation oh
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by adetayo234: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2018
kennygee:

Same here.
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Aquariann: 9:17am On Nov 12, 2018
CyberWolf:
I was skeptical when his son took over from him with any solid experience in the banking sector, now this is the result. Someone wants to invest in the bank with the condition that the son (Uzoma Dozie) should step aside but he refused. Sit tight mentality of Africans smh angry

Exactly what I just mentioned, dude was in the sciences for a better part of his formative years and later went on to study something that had to do with balancing Chemical equations and reactions in the university.

Now I'm all for parents allowing their kids to choose their career path, but I also see reason with parents who pick certain course of study for their kids.

I mean, Pascal (like most Nigerian parents who owned businesses) knew and hoped that one day, Uzoma will head the company, but yet did not mentor and guide him through a particular career path. He probably believed that the guy would one day take over irrespective of what he studied after all it's his inheritance.

But I guess what is needed to be a successful CEO in today's business world goes more than a right to inheritance.

One can argue today that God is Good motors is the most successful transport company in Nigeria. That is because the founders son (who runs the company now) has always been in the scene. Probably with loads of all the ideas he implemented burning in his head back then.

Remember Ekene Dilichukwu motors? Their Toyota buses with a simple "ekene" written in small letters in a blue background. After he died, the busines died with him because his own children were interested in court cases against themselves rather than competing with GUO and GIG

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by adetayo234: 9:20am On Nov 12, 2018
oyetunder:
what about Diamond bank salary for life?

Looks like an attempt to revive the failing bank. Looks like that attempt isn't working as expected.

Bovi yaff collected his money and it doesn't concern him again. grin
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by ucee64(m): 9:22am On Nov 12, 2018
Aquariann:
Good. Another one about to bite the dust. TSA and BVN is really exposing these Nigerian banks. Once upon a time, they were busy giving huge loans to characters like Ben Bruce and other Nigerian billionaires without collateral. After all, several government agencies had multiple bank accounts with them, so no shaking.

Sponsoring politicians was the order of the day as against giving loans to promising small and medium scale businesses whom they'll demand your left kidney and grandfather's balls as collateral in return.

Now, no more excess and free government money, Ben Bruce and co can't repay their bank loans, they are all running around like headless chickens.

After Skye bank, who would have believed Diamond bank is not stable?
I thought as much especially this TSA It really exposed all these fraudulent banks no cash to throw around.
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by icogb: 9:23am On Nov 12, 2018
Acidosis:

Instead of reading through annual reports of these organisations, Nigerians would rather sit back and rely on hearsays and public opinion. It's not by name or coziness of banking halls o.
I'm so not surprised seeing this report.
Thank you!!! I knw dis was goin to happen.
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Evercurious(f): 9:26am On Nov 12, 2018
CyberWolf:
Must he allow his son to run down the company? Can’t he get another capable hand to run the bank knowing that his son is not capable? Nawa oo

His son isn't capable and should ve been replaced long ago
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Badonasty(m): 9:30am On Nov 12, 2018
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by goaldynman(m): 9:31am On Nov 12, 2018
Lies from the pit of Hell!

To start with, Diamond Bank's non performing loan is around N36Billion not N150Billion! I'm very knowledgeable about that!

Compare the customer base of Diamond Bank with that of Access Bank, you don't need a soothsayer to tell you that it is Diamond Bank that can acquire Access Bank!

If you are telling me that First Bank is about to merge with Diamond Bank. I will believe you a little!!
Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by maureen44(f): 9:32am On Nov 12, 2018
Uzoma Dozie, Uzoma Dozie. U see what you have done to your papa business. My beloved Diamond Bank.

1 Like

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by freshdude99(m): 9:33am On Nov 12, 2018
maybachmusic:
Hmm so diamond was weak

shocked

GT and zenith for life
Lol GT is even weaker, just wait let them finish paying innoson that money. You will of GT no more

1 Like

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by Gryffindor: 9:46am On Nov 12, 2018
kennygee:

Likewise o!,lesson to teach us that's its not by packaging in this life o,
some ppl are going tru hell in covered clothing o!
i bank with them & almost could vouch d r doing good

1 Like

Re: Talks On For Access Bank To Acquire Diamond Bank by lloyds(m): 9:46am On Nov 12, 2018
Access bank is useless. . All they care about is profit.
Employee welfare is terrible and customer taxing is high.

I don't like them, very aggressive they have this slave mentality approach. Well na their wahala

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How To Secure Agric Loans In Nigeria / I Can Make Billions Via Forex Without Sweat Sitting In My Palace – Emir Sanusi / Panama Papers: Dangote And Sayyu Dantata Linked To Shell Companies In Tax Havens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.