Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,411 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:42 PM

Help! With This type Of Tenant - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help! With This type Of Tenant (10342 Views)

What Is The Best Way To Handle This Type Of Wildness In A Kid? / How Do You Handle This Type Of Situation? / I Am Turning Into A Tenant In My Husband's House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Khemhyte(f): 6:17pm On Apr 08, 2019
SMJay:
Your lawyer, is actually a quack, sorry no offense intended. But the bitter truth, I regret using her.
Eleyigidi gan oo. But how far with the matter, hope there is progress sha
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by generationz(f): 9:53pm On Apr 08, 2019
SMJay:
Your lawyer, is actually a quack, sorry no offense intended. But the bitter truth, I regret using her.

wow
thanks for such offensive feedback.

Considering the fact that you never contacted me that you spoke to her. Now when yawa don gas you come go find my monicker dey rant.

Nigerians sha

someone offers you help on an anonymous forum , the least you can do is explain what and what went wrong.
Well she has carried out several jobs on my behalf and that of my family and did it very well.
I told you that the longest one of tenants we gave quit notice to stayed for was a year all together( two months after her own notice)
the rest was less

So oga maybe you should check your side ery well. A case you have been fighting for two years and still haven't won....
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 7:29am On Apr 09, 2019
Yes, there is progress.
Khemhyte:

Eleyigidi gan oo. But how far with the matter, hope there is progress sha
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 7:34am On Apr 09, 2019
I would have uploaded some documents here for you to see the difference between the lawyer you referred me to and the current lawyer. Thank you once again, but I said the truth, they say it hurts.
generationz:

wow
thanks for such offensive feedback.

Considering the fact that you never contacted me that you spoke to her. Now when yawa don gas you come go find my monicker dey rant.

Nigerians sha

someone offers you help on an anonymous forum , the least you can do is explain what and what went wrong.
Well she has carried out several jobs on my behalf and that of my family and did it very well.
I told you that the longest one of tenants we gave quit notice to stayed for was a year all together( two months after her own notice)
the rest was less

So oga maybe you should check your side ery well. A case you have been fighting for two years and still haven't won....
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 7:35am On Apr 09, 2019
No, but there is progress
tabithababy:

Has the tenant packed out yet
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 2:27pm On Apr 11, 2019
Na wa o!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by giftfromGod(f): 5:07pm On Apr 11, 2019
Best of luck @ op. But some no get heart oh. You could not pay your rent but have money to send someone abroad.

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Nobody: 4:45pm On Apr 12, 2019
Honestly I know some solider that you can mobilize and they would help you throw him out of the house. And you can change your lock.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by sparkle4u(f): 2:17am On Apr 14, 2019
Wisdomval67:
Honestly I know some solider that you can mobilize and they would help you throw him out of the house. And you can change your lock.
sad
Wisdomval67:
hmmmmm
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by yazga: 4:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 4:47pm On May 15, 2019
Thank you.
Wisdomval67:
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by DaBogu: 8:49am On Nov 17, 2019
Op, how far with the tenant?
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 1:15pm On Nov 30, 2019
DaBogu:
Op, how far with the tenant?
We are in court, and brought his lawyer at the last minute, case adjourned till Dec 5th cry
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Kendumazy(m): 1:30pm On Nov 30, 2019
Mheen! Really feel for you OP. That type of tenant are category of people that makes property investment looks like it doesn't worth it. Please, follow legal process abeg. The tenant has a mission and the mission is to keep using the apartment freely. Will advice you to look into handling your building to a property lawyer once and for all. Wish you speedy settlement!

1 Like

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by chukzyfcbb: 1:43pm On Nov 30, 2019
some of these tenants are just devil in human skin

One time, an old woman whose kids lived abroad locked up the apartment, and went ahol.

Rent had expired, over 6months no word from her, Only to come back later and say she is leaving.
Oya leave nah, that one sef take time.

Flat was just there for months, not yielding anything.

Some will pack out codedly with the landlord owed half rent and he wouldn't know.

Just last week I was speaking to za property agent, and we were talking of this same issue. Agent be going to court so as to find the right way to send these troublesome tenant out.

Na to use lawyer o to tell you when Is the best time to strike and use forcr, if you do gra gra with police you can cause problems for yourself.

1 Like

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 2:14pm On Nov 30, 2019
Kendumazy:
Mheen! Really feel for you OP. That type of tenant are category of people that makes property investment looks like it doesn't worth it. Please, follow legal process abeg. The tenant has a mission and the mission is to keep using the apartment freely. Will advice you to look into handling your building to a property lawyer once and for all. Wish you speedy settlement!
Thank you.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 2:21pm On Nov 30, 2019
chukzyfcbb:
some of these tenants are just devil in human skin

One time, an old woman whose kids lived abroad locked up the apartment, and went ahol.

Rent had expired, over 6months no word from her, Only to come back later and say she is leaving.
Oya leave nah, that one sef take time.

Flat was just there for months, not yielding anything.

Some will pack out codedly with the landlord owed half rent and he wouldn't know.

Just last week I was speaking to za property agent, and we were talking of this same issue. Agent be going to court so as to find the right way to send these troublesome tenant out.

Na to use lawyer o to tell you when Is the best time to strike and use forcr, if you do gra gra with police you can cause problems for yourself.
I used a lawyer recommended by someone on this thread, I wasted my money and time as the lawyer didn't even know her onions. The documents served to the tenants was nothing to write home about riddled with grammatical errors and could not even remove the tenants with the police men used.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 2:41pm On Nov 30, 2019
giftfromGod:
Best of luck @ op. But some no get heart oh. You could not pay your rent but have money to send someone abroad.
People are heartless.

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by frozen70(f): 2:56pm On Nov 30, 2019
SMJay:
Good Afternoon,

I have a tenant that have not paid rent since two years and I have met with him on several occasion, the last time I met him, with an elderly man who happens to be an Chairman of agent in the area, as regards him leaving because my mum will be moving into the apartment, he said, "I do not have any plans of leaving, that I can ask other tenants". I was mad, I wanted to react because of the old man with me, I had to calm down.

I was asked to got the nearest police station to meet with human rights, I have done that and the officer I met told me, that human rights can only handle marital issue perfectly, that my own case is a civil case, I was about leaving when one of the female officers told me, what I wanted and I told her, she said, "I can dispatch some officers to you to go with you to meet him and ask him when he would be leaving, bu na small change".

The other option is to go to Agege and report him and they will invite him for talks and ask when he will leave, now, I do not have 400k to pay another rent for my Mum current apartment which expires by December, 2018.

These options will take time even in court, because he has become a statutory tenant.

Can NLers help with a drastic solution?

Is he married or a bachelor, just pack into his apartment with some area boys and part of your mum's load to stay and live there for the time being, he will pack out within a week and if he doesn't the area boys will pack his load out to the corridor in a nonviolent way and set your mum's property Inn and thank God its dry season already

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by NoToPile: 9:12pm On Nov 30, 2019
Na wa oo, this case is still on.

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by chukzyfcbb: 11:03pm On Nov 30, 2019
SMJay:
I used a lawyer recommended by someone on this thread, I wasted my money and time as the lawyer didn't even know her onions. The documents served to the tenants was nothing to write home about riddled with grammatical errors and could not even remove the tenants with the police men used.
Now thats bad, you may have to change lawyers since you have discovered the former was a sham.

However I can't advise you to organize boys to throw out the belongings, there could be a reprisal effect, except you are ready to fight dirty.

A tenant who owed my uncle rents, took him to court claiming a part of the house was leaking, and he had video evidence (which was later discovered to be a lie, as he deliberately poured water on the roof to simulate leaks)
They can go any length just to frustrate landlord.

Change the lawyer, how about our nairaland lawyer, I can recommend him as he is professional in his dealings (mod of the property section)
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by egbaguy2: 6:03am On Dec 01, 2019
Why re people this mad..... Sorry to say this,I guess the said tenant must be ibo or Calabar/ akwa ibom/delta

4 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Dirkcoyt: 7:27am On Dec 01, 2019
The truth is op is a weakling I could evaluate that from just your contribution on this thread! I have no pity for weaklings !

1 Like

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 4:38pm On Dec 02, 2019
This one no go work o!!!!!! The matter is in court.
frozen70:

Is he married or a bachelor, just pack into his apartment with some area boys and part of your mum's load to stay and live there for the time being, he will pack out within a week and if he doesn't the area boys will pack his load out to the corridor in a nonviolent way and set your mum's property Inn and thank God its dry season already
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Olamsoh: 4:42pm On Dec 02, 2019
Sir, have you been in such a situation? did they fence your eyes? The matter is in court.
Dirkcoyt:
The truth is op is a weakling I could evaluate that from just your contribution on this thread! I have no pity for weaklings !
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by Dirkcoyt: 4:51pm On Dec 02, 2019
Olamsoh:
Sir, have you been in such a situation? did they fence your eyes? The matter is in court.

You see why I said you’re a weakling ? Court ? I wonder what you will do if someone shows up they own the land where you built your house in 10years time . If you go to court cause of tenant then I’m looking you’ve to go to aso rock for the other one . Nonsense !

A fool trusting court in Nigeria !
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
Dirkcoyt grin based on my contribution on the thread am a weakling grin
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 1:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
frozen70:

Yes his married.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by frozen70(f): 2:59pm On Dec 03, 2019
SMJay:
Yes his married.

Pack in, they will vacate because of the inconvenience

2 Likes

Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 1:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
frozen70:

Pack in, they will vacate because of the inconvenience
cheesy
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by SMJay: 12:39pm On Dec 23, 2019
Good morning
Consent Judgement was delivered.
Re: Help! With This type Of Tenant by 21void: 3:04pm On Dec 23, 2019
I had this problem with one of the tenants living in one of my dad's properties in Port Harcourt, I'm just I'm charge of the buildings, rent is paid every 6 months, when it was time to pay, he was talking anyhow to me, like who is this small boy asking me for rent, I no talk much, I just organized some area boys, about 10, they threw him out the same day, sometimes all these civil ways of doing things no dey work. If he had explained to me that he was broke, or he needed time, I would have understood.

Not forming for your landlord when it's time to pay rent,. organize boys throw way am for that house.

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nairaland Lost A Member Yesterday Evening ( Pics ) / Amazing New born Facts: How Much Do You Know About Your Babies? / Pls How Do I Bring Up My Kids To Be Ajebobutters

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.