Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,046 members, 7,828,680 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:49 PM

Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! (3201 Views)

Nigerians React To Martin Onovo's Interview On Channels Today - Video / Ajimobi Clashes With Journalists Over Questions On Unpaid Salaries / What Soldiers? Reporter Snaps Photos Of Tinubu's Front Gate, Surroundings (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by agitator: 2:58pm On Jul 23, 2010
otukpo:

on a very serious note, putting sentiment aside, the question the juornalist asked is un called for. It was meant to ridicule the Onovo and he understood it.

Have you ever watched Larry King Live on CNN or some of the local US tv channels where people are interviewed. In short just watch the Oprah show.
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2010
obi123:

and even if the journalist was provoking him, as an educated man of authority he should have answered in a more diplomatic way
Gbam!
In a simple way, Onovo lacks good communication skills. Someone should please tell him to contact me for training in communication etiquette for managers and executives
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jul 23, 2010
Is it not when you are intelligent you will answer things intelligently. Only in Nigeria unintelligent folks want intelligent kids. Crime is everywhere in the world and he deserves that award? That award is nothing to unemployed youth. If he can't guarantee security which I know he can't, let me resign and I know he won't. The politicians appointed him and that makes him a politician.
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by Nchara: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
I do not see the difference between all these brown-envelope journalists and the police. Like journalists like police
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by pappy4real(m): 3:58pm On Jul 23, 2010
On the Onovo threat issue, I was kidding. You should be able to see sacarsm when you read one. No person of the uniform in Nigeria deseres an award. Not the Police, Army, Navy, Airforce, Customs, Immigrations, Prisons, Civil Defense, Federal Road Safety Corp, none of em'.
[quote][/quote]
did u 4get to add LASTMA lipsrsealed lipsrsealed undecided
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by Eziachi: 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2010
I couldn’t stop laughing when I read this story. Typical Nigeria attitude isn’t? They never take responsibility for anything. What do you expect from a country, when a police chief thinks that he is not a failure with the spate of insecurity in an environment he is in charge and paid handsomely too in the process? And they are giving him an award.  More like giving a paedophile an award for looking after children.

He was asked a fair and simple question that must have caught him unawares because Nigerian journalist don’t always interview but always chat with them or in some cases massage their egos. They spent more time calling them “your holiness, Excellency, father, chief, Baba and other idiotic references they always bash about.

An intelligent fellow would have answered that question with some diplomacy, and still conceals his rage without making a pig of self. In the United Kingdom and other sane nations, he would have been without job this morning, giving a response like that to journalist.

It remind me a similar answer I got from my cousin, who was a governor between 1999-2007, why there are so much dirt in the street of his capital and he blares out an answer by asking me if he was a street cleaner, to the bemusement of my Scottish wife and my utter embarrassment.

The guy didn’t even realise how shallow his response was to all those sitting at the dinner table, many of them Europeans. Few months later, one of them asked me, if the guy is still in power? And I told him that the guy has been promoted to a higher office, and he thought I was joking.
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by asha80(m): 4:19pm On Jul 23, 2010
^^^

Achike Udenwa
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by Kilode1: 5:24pm On Jul 23, 2010
FOI doesn't mean you should ask question just provoke the listener.

Oga, That is the exact reason why we need FOI.

To provocatively force the Truth out,
To shame thieving public servants and run them out of town.
To make people like Onovo uncomfortable. Public office is not your lounge room
If you can't handle the Hot seat why go near it?

Simple question Onovo dey use agidi dodge am, and a lot of my people are defending this pot-bellied dog?

Onovo is afraid of a man armed with a tape recorder and microphone trying to provoke him to own up to his ineptitude and he wants to catch ballot thieves, armed robbers, murderers and kidnappers. grin cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by hugooh42(m): 5:28pm On Jul 23, 2010
What is wrong wit this Jonathan of a man?Patricia abi Patrick Etteh who was forced out as a speaker for corruption charges getting award?What kind of countrry is this.I am beginning not to take this Jonathan as a serious man,maybe a clown or,
He should also look for Tafa Balogun and give him the same award.Nonsense
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by 1988: 5:37pm On Jul 23, 2010
e be lyk say mr president don pour cocaine for brain, wetin onovo don do abeg.
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by 1988: 5:55pm On Jul 23, 2010
@ hugooh42 i cudnt agree more its lyks sumone forced him to add those names
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by xterra2(m): 6:14pm On Jul 23, 2010

if the question was to provoke him well it obviously work for the piglet, these pigs dont like being questioned

Why cant onovo tell us how many people the police have successful prosecuted for kidnapping, how many people they have arrested since the jos crisis, how many police man have been prosecuted for killing civillians and how many have been dismissed for collecting bribes in broad daylight, THATS HOW TO JUSTIFY YOUR AWARD, but the fat pig who under SA police rule would have been sacked for being obese is getting upset oloshi trailer will jam him on his way home at a police checkpoint
Exactly! Plus we all Saw on Youtube video of POLICEMEN killing innocent people during boko haram crisis including the name tags were clearly shown,
Onovo is incompetent !!
We have one of the worst police force in the world killing civilians daily and collecting their money daily, and they claim "police is your friend" if they ever say that to me i would smack the mutha.Bleep.ing policeman in his faceand runaway before i get shot!!
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by Eziachi: 6:31pm On Jul 23, 2010
asha 80:

^^^

Achike Udenwa

grin grin very nice try, but!
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by babylishus: 9:49pm On Jul 23, 2010
LOL!!!! cheesy Uhm, as far as I am concerned if your hands and conscience are truly clean then NO question should be 'provocative' enough for you to lose your cool over, especially if you call yourself a professional.

Why was the question 'un called for', may I ask? Its simple question. If anyone asks me 'do you think you deserve your bachelor's degree'? I would answer "Yes I do because I worked HARD for it and I have the test, exam and assignment scripts and marks to prove it'. Simple.

He could have answered that way instead of making a complete jackass of himself in print. You know what they say: Better keep your mouth shut and appear foolish rather than open it and clear all doubt and prove that you are'!!! grin
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by Acidosis(m): 10:10pm On Jul 23, 2010
"Tell me a country without criminals, and I'll give you a slap on your face".
what a silly journalist! Why can't he ask other recipients the same question?
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by philip0906(m): 10:17pm On Jul 23, 2010
Acidosis:

"Tell me a country without criminals, and I'll give you a slap on your face".
what a silly journalist! Why can't he ask other recipients the same question?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by IbroYaya: 4:42pm On Jul 24, 2010
Kilode?!:

Oga, That is the exact reason why we need FOI.

To provocatively force the Truth out,

To shame thieving public servants and run them out of town.
To make people like Onovo uncomfortable. Public office is not your lounge room
If you can't handle the Hot seat why go near it?
And that is why it will be very difficult for FOI bill to signed.
Are they lawyers? Why would they want to force the truth out of somebody?
The truth if not said at right time and place can very destructive.
Investigative journalism is good, but certainly not the way this guy was asking the question.
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by matiltomd(f): 6:36pm On Jul 25, 2010
His reply should have been "do you think i don't desrve it"? That could have put him in a more intelligent light (though we know he's not). I'm sure Obasanjo is his role model cos he's worse when it comes to answering questions from journalists, Journalists shouldn't in any way romance you with their questions,they should annoy and provoke you, Obviously Onovo is used to silly journalists who ask him questions like " Sir,ever since you assumed duties at the helm of affairs of the NP,we've witnessed tremendous changes;like you have a magic wand. Sir,how did you achieve this feat"? And the silly man would have smiled,chuckled,coughed before he replies,
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by kobikwelu(m): 12:11pm On Jul 26, 2010
THIS ONovo is funny

and as for the journalist, there goes your "brown-envelope".

the question was meant to ridicule the dude, ROTFLMBAHSAO!!!!
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jul 26, 2010
See the Police badge on the arm of our  IGP uniform.
Is that really Nigeria Police uniform official badge shocked
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by CGKing(m): 6:37pm On Jul 26, 2010
Onovo knows he doeosnt deserve the award and thats why he got offended. He was asked a simple question. Funny, he even went ahead to contradict himself saying "you as a public should say". So which is better, to ask the question or to say the answer? If he deserved it and he knew it, i bet he would have presented a better, happier response citing a couple accomplishments. He just exposed himself.

So we spoilt your mood? Can u immagine that? I no know whether these ppl go school.
Re: Onovo Snaps Over Questions About His Award ! by Pafuri(m): 7:00pm On Aug 01, 2010
He did not deserve it, and may he catch something. grin grin grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Anambra And The Politics Of Propoganda / Man Stealing High Tension Cables Dies Electrocuted On A Utility pole [pics] / How Will APC Cope Without Shekau?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.