Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,927 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:30 PM

42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics (29620 Views)

ADF Rebels Attack Private School In Uganda. 42 Dead, Many Injured (graphic) / Dixie Wildfire Becomes The Largest In California History(Pix) / Joe Biden: Secret Service Displays Biggest Motorcade Procession In History(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Newboss(m): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2018
Lucifer66:
Interesting, It took 8000 fire fighters to put out that fire but Nigeria has not more than 500 angry
I doubt if you know the population of US, or California alone sefangry

Each state in US is supposed to be a country, by the land mass and population angry

4 Likes

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Smile4daddy(m): 9:08am On Nov 13, 2018
I thought they're going to blame it on Trump just like it always happen in Nigeria.

Everything here is Buhari.

Buhari is the most mention name in the world.
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Bloggingscope: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2018
dominique:
I'm still yet to understand how this forest fire starts. How do trees just start burning like that?
This will be helpful miss wink

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/36211531/wildfires-why-they-start-and-how-they-can-be-stopped
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by justiniyke29: 9:12am On Nov 13, 2018
Lankybaby:
please I need someone to enlighten me, how the camp fire started, m not understanding...did the tree started burning itself...m confused
it's was probably started by people camping in the forest, and the fire they made to keep themselves warm went out of control.

2 Likes

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Newboss(m): 9:16am On Nov 13, 2018
Goswill1208:
Aren’t we lucky in this part of The country if this kind one happen in Nigeria,Ah swear nobody will survive �
No, we're not angry

We have the worst kinda disaster: Human disaster angry

It CANNOT be controlled because humans have a will and mind of their own angry

Maybe you need to check how many people the so called Fulani herdsmen and Boko Haram kill each month angry

1 Like

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by emmanuelpopson(m): 9:18am On Nov 13, 2018
Shafiiimran99:
But why US have not be able to stop California f'ire?

the weather isn't favorable.. dry wind coupled with dry ground is natural... imagine Sahara desert with it's dry ground full of trees and a fire is ignited.. that is how California is... the soil,wind are devoid of moist due to low rainfall... these are naturally occurring that no govt has power over... eg Lake Chad drying up in Borno...

1 Like

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Earlystar698(m): 9:20am On Nov 13, 2018
God really bless Nigeria but our leaders are our problem....... imagine California I am planning to go....but it won't stop me from parking out of this country Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Vabasi(m): 9:21am On Nov 13, 2018
Am i the only one who does not see the burnt people? Anywhere, RIP.
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Originalsly: 9:24am On Nov 13, 2018
dominique:

I'm still yet to understand how this forest fire starts. How do trees just start burning like that?

@OP...great coverage!

A million ways forest fires can start..... and they do in many forests worldwide......but not as often, widespread, destructive nor deadly as in California. The main cause is the Santa Ana Winds.....a dry wind that originates from the desert and blows across California and out to sea. In October and November in particular...these winds can turn a spark into an inferno. This is nothing new....the general path of the wind and the danger of living in its path is known for yearsss. That general path is known as the Fire Belt. When a fire starts...and is fanned and spread by this wind.....it is really wild....walls of fire pushed by the wind. Not sure if by law...or common sense.... people never really lived in that area but... in time...people became filthy rich...don't want to live among ordinary people...and first began setting up exclusive mansion communities in the belt....the reason everytime there is a fire out there....the rich and the famous....celebrities are affected.
Really....I don't feel anyway since as I see it as man vs nature. Next year this time...we'll be reading about the same again.Hope my layman's explanation helped.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Uguruzik(m): 9:25am On Nov 13, 2018
Please what is wildfire; and the cause? Is it unquenchable? Why hasn't America been able to quench the fire for many days now?
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Lucifer66(m): 9:25am On Nov 13, 2018
Lemmy123:

Stop this comparison, its not helping... And stop worshiping the United States... Every country has its own dignity to protect and also problems to solve, you only need to be there to see for yourself..
I do not worship it, I admire it.
Nigeria has to dignity our own president disgraced on several occasions. I would sell my Nigerian citizenship if possible to be able to live legally in a developed nation.

1 Like

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 9:31am On Nov 13, 2018
Even in America? Meanwhile for those on active sub on access and family package,check my last topic to get compact sports
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Kayharry(m): 9:33am On Nov 13, 2018
Lucifer66:
Interesting, It took 8000 fire fighters to put out that fire but Nigeria has not more than 500 angry
plus neighbours support in Nigeria we go reach 8000 or more, dem go use drainage water portholes water help u quench fire. U hardly get that in yankee
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by safarigirl(f): 9:35am On Nov 13, 2018
Lucifer66:
most of that number are prisoners who have to conpulsorily participate in firefighting as well as volunteers

Not all of them are actual firefighters. Once the fire has been contained, they will be returned to their prisons and go back to their homes.

2 Likes

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by GMbuharii: 9:36am On Nov 13, 2018
Buhari self..
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Lucifer66(m): 9:36am On Nov 13, 2018
safarigirl:
most of that number are prisoners who have to conpulsorily participate in firefighting as well as volunteers

Not all of them are actual firefighters. Once the fire has been contained, they will be returned to their prisons and go back to their homes.
Where is you evidence?

1 Like

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by safarigirl(f): 9:39am On Nov 13, 2018
Lucifer66:

Where is you evidence?
lol.....educate yourself and Google it

My evidence is everywhere on the internet and I cannot show you how to fish and still give you fish. You are on the internet, make use of it and educate yourself, making ignorant statements defeats the purpose of having a smart phone.

If Google is too much, use Twitter. I knew this since I was a child.....but here is one from a quick Google search

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Lucifer66(m): 9:41am On Nov 13, 2018
safarigirl:
lol.....educate yourself and Google it

My evidence is everywhere on the internet and I cannot show you how to fish and still give you fish. You are on the internet, make use of it and educate yourself, making ignorant statements defeats the purpose of having a smart phone.

If Google is too much, use Twitter. I knew this since I was a child.
It's obvious you're frustrated.
Your senseless agurement doesn't rule out the fact that Nigeria has less than 500 fire fighters.
So kindly Fvck off
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by safarigirl(f): 9:44am On Nov 13, 2018
Lucifer66:

It's obvious you're frustrated.
Your senseless agurement doesn't rule out the fact that Nigeria has less than 500 fire fighters.
So kindly Fvck off
this is one evidence.

It is obvious you are mentally unstable, you see this screenshot I took, it clearly says nearly 4,000 prisoners were part o firefighting in California. Where is your own evidence that Nigeria has less than 500 firefighters?

Ignorant twit

4 Likes

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by newdawn2017(f): 9:46am On Nov 13, 2018
Grupo:

How do God comfort them when he was actually the one that burned their city?
dis isn't true, in job Yahweh says : far be it 4rm d true God 2 act wickedly & 4 d Almighty 2 act unjustly, 4 it is what a man sows he shall real. In James he said there: it is let no man say I am being tried by God, 4 God doesn't try a man with wickedness, neither can he himself be tried by such. In John he said: d whole world is lying in d Power of d Wicked one. His Arch rival & enemy Satan d devil & his demons.

1 Like

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Kayharry(m): 9:46am On Nov 13, 2018
sod09:
what causes this fire
The fire was first ignited on July 23, after a trailer's tire blew out and the rim made contact with the pavement, California fire officials told CNN.

1 Like

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by IbrahimDamola: 9:49am On Nov 13, 2018
pDudd:
I live in California, Bellflower to be precise. It is a horrible thing. I live about 60miles from the fire and the ashes are all over my cars and my windows.

There were actually 2 fires. One in Northern California and one in Malibu/Thousand oaks area of Los Angeles.

How do these fires start? I wanna know.
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Lucifer66(m): 9:50am On Nov 13, 2018
safarigirl:
this is one evidence.

It is obvious you are mentally unstable, you see this screenshot I took, it clearly says nearly 4,000 prisoners were part o firefighting in California. Where is your own evidence that Nigeria has less than 500 firefighters?

Ignorant twit
Am telling you, You're frustrated.
Tell me where I denied your claims? All I asked for was evidence.
Common sense you nor get
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by newdawn2017(f): 9:51am On Nov 13, 2018
Lucifer66:

I do not worship it, I admire it.
Nigeria has to dignity our own president disgraced on several occasions. I would sell my Nigerian citizenship if possible to be able to live legally in a developed nation.
who will buy it?
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Grupo(m): 9:55am On Nov 13, 2018
newdawn2017:
dis isn't true, in job Yahweh says : far be it 4rm d true God 2 act wickedly & 4 d Almighty 2 act unjustly, 4 it is what a man sows he shall real. In James he said there: it is let no man say I am being tried by God, 4 God doesn't try a man with wickedness, neither can he himself be tried by such. In John he said: d whole world is lying in d Power of d Wicked one. His Arch rival & enemy Satan d devil & his demons.

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by mechanics(m): 9:59am On Nov 13, 2018
I like the way they responded to the natural disaster, and some one will say this is man made.
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by jman77(m): 10:01am On Nov 13, 2018
TRUMP WHY?
Enough of this killing!

RIP to the DEAD

1 Like

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by zoedew: 10:02am On Nov 13, 2018
Hell is far worse! Let us all repent from our evil ways!
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by Shafiiimran99: 10:09am On Nov 13, 2018
emmanuelpopson:

the weather isn't favorable.. dry wind coupled with dry ground is natural... imagine Sahara desert with it's dry ground full of trees and a fire is ignited.. that is how California is... the soil,wind are devoid of moist due to low rainfall... these are naturally occurring that no govt has power over... eg Lake Chad drying up in Borno...
What if they cleared those bushes and trees around California's vicinity?
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by dominique(f): 10:12am On Nov 13, 2018
Originalsly:

@OP...great coverage!

A million ways forest fires can start..... and they do in many forests worldwide......but not as often, widespread, destructive nor deadly as in California. The main cause is the Santa Ana Winds.....a dry wind that originates from the desert and blows across California and out to sea. In October and November in particular...these winds can turn a spark into an inferno. This is nothing new....the general path of the wind and the danger of living in its path is known for yearsss. That general path is known as the Fire Belt. When a fire starts...and is fanned and spread by this wind.....it is really wild....walls of fire pushed by the wind. Not sure if by law...or common sense.... people never really lived in that area but... in time...people became filthy rich...don't want to live among ordinary people...and first began setting up exclusive mansion communities in the belt....the reason everytime there is a fire out there....the rich and the famous....celebrities are affected.
Really....I don't feel anyway since as I see it as man vs nature. Next year this time...we'll be reading about the same again.Hope my layman's explanation helped.

Thanks, this is very enlightening

1 Like

Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by MorataFC: 10:18am On Nov 13, 2018
Newboss:

I doubt if you know the population of US, or California alone sefangry

Each state in US is supposed to be a country, by the land mass and population angry
yeah California is half of Nigeria by landmass size.
Re: 42 Dead, 228 Missing, California WildFire Becomes Deadliest In U.S. History(Pics by newdawn2017(f): 10:20am On Nov 13, 2018
Grupo:

Isaiah 45:7

I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LOrdD do all these things.
my dear, no bi him do dis 1, shebi u knw say im people
, D apple of his eyes Jw people go don dey affected some how with dis? Which joy e give d true God Yahweh as e bi so? Hmm!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Global Network Of Sadistic Monkey Torture Exposed By BBC / Wagner Troops Want To Go On "Excursion" To Poland & Explore West - Lukashenko / Putin Signs Law Mandating Twitter, Facebook, Others To Open Offices In Russia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.