Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,128 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:30 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (185) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (820654 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rijo02: 4:55am On Dec 13, 2018
So I actually logged into my account and saw the new status bar despite I have landed as a PR. It looks quite nice. It gives the date my application was received: Apr 26,2018 to the estimated completion date: Oct 26, 2018. Just like when you are tracking a package! Funny enough it speculates that my application is taking longer than expected to complete (among the 20% of applicants whose file is tough due to bla bla bla).

Overall, I can say that this does not in anyway solve the problem of real-time update given that my application has been approved (I have landed and my spouse has submit passport for visa and COPR). As the primary applicant, I had expected my application to be updated with approved after I landed but it still shows in progress (which I think another inland applicant had experienced after landing). But if this is because my spouse passport is still waiting to be stamped (already 24 days after it was sent to the VO), maybe that might justify why my application is still in progress. However, I really doubt that is the reason.

Simply put, it is just like a postman who delivered an item (say, check) but did not update the tracking information as delivered. In essence, the tracker will keep saying "in transit" even if you have deposited and even spent all the money!

In summary, I am still not impressed with this new update as it offers little or no improvement to the problems applicants face. IRCC should try better as we paid for this service and deserve better.

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:11am On Dec 13, 2018
Merci!!

sistaj:
Congrats to all PPR and ITA clinchers and to you @skywalk12
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by opella(f): 5:13am On Dec 13, 2018
Just woke up to ITA mail.

Thank you Lord for this new phase, your speed and grace is all I need.

40 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:21am On Dec 13, 2018
All the time, the Lord is good! Thank you for your faith. It really encouraged mines.

smslive2:
Congratulations to (SkyWalk12) the woman who is Walking in Sky at 12 noon. May the land favour you and yours...

NB: When we give prayer points and prophesy, make una dey key into it ooo... I said the Lord will free some people's PPR and just about the same time, you got your PPR. The Lord is Good all the time!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by opella(f): 5:52am On Dec 13, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Congratulations!!! You barely got wet before ITA landed gidigba!!
I don't know what LXG means o, je mapelle No idea
Eziokwu my dear. Thanks

Please can I pm you? I need clarification about something.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by EyesondPrize: 5:56am On Dec 13, 2018
Congratulations

opella:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 6:02am On Dec 13, 2018
May I suggest you visit their office on Friday and find out the status.

I submitted my EOR form on the 13th, received an email on the 19th that it had been sent to the EOR team

I got a mail on Sunday last week that the remark is completed and I should pick up anytime from 15th.

I’m trusting God and keeping faith for upgraded results in Jesus name.

It will end in praise. Amen

mojohnny:
Sorry about your re-mark.
Currently in the same shoes waiting on a response about my EOR submitted since 12th of November 2018.

I am yet to get a response from BC and it's making me super anxious to say the least.

May I ask when you submitted your EOR so I can know whether to go to their office to disturb them?
Thanks

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:02am On Dec 13, 2018
Lols @ keyboard exercises. You are not far from the truth at all. Even at 444, I am currently thinking of how to increase my CRS. One can't just sit on it.
A big CONGRATULATIONS to all our ITA clinchers in the house. Wish u all a speedy timeline.
futureenergy:

Congratulations! That's the way to go.

All these analyses on how CRS cut off would drop to 430s may just be 'keyboard exercises'. With the rate people are catapulting their CRS and the way folks with high scores are jumping into the pool, 443-445 range looks like new minimum going into 2019.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nono16(f): 6:44am On Dec 13, 2018
SkyWalk12:
Amen!

Congrats @SkyWalk12 . I am genuinely happy and grateful to God. I actually prayed for you after reading your interview story. Your interview was on my birthday, and i told God that He should have mercy on you considering it was a special day for me. It might have tarried, but it happened las las. I'm so happy.
We all have stories, guys..... IRCC should kuku release everyone that has passed medicals with PPRs as christmas gifts grin

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DadR: 6:51am On Dec 13, 2018
Congratulations Skywalk12

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchechukwuude: 6:55am On Dec 13, 2018
Anyone in the house who knows how to calculate CAR points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by pejuhazel(f): 7:00am On Dec 13, 2018
Use this http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/skilled/crs-tool.asp
And don't forgot to check page 1 if you have anymore questions
Uchechukwuude:
Anyone in the house who knows how to calculate CAR points?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Maritee(f): 7:01am On Dec 13, 2018
phumie001:
Please I need people to share posting of scratch card to Wes. We are already two.

Please I'm interested. How can I contact you to get full details on the modalities involved?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by patty827: 7:16am On Dec 13, 2018
Congratulations. Wish you speedy PPR
opella:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:20am On Dec 13, 2018
njbybrthnly:
I've been dreaming of ITA since January of this year and finally it is here!

I can't thank God enough for giving me the grace to study French and pass the TEF exam which elevated my CRS from 415 to 457 cool (was initially thinking cut-off scores will drop to last year's levels undecided...thank God I received sense fast)

To all those still expecting...keep the faith...it will surely come...and then the real work will start

I wonder how PPR mail will feel
Congratulations, wow! May the rest of the process be easy for you.

PS. It would be great if you bless page 1 with your TEF preparation and writing experience.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:22am On Dec 13, 2018
kfrosh:
League of Exteaodinary Gentlemen. wink

Meaning you never watched the film that year......... omo you miss o.
I didn't o cry but I'm always ready for a good movie. I will check it out. Thanks
CC @opella, see the meaning of LXG grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:27am On Dec 13, 2018
temmyo:
sis abeg where on your profile page did you see the status bar? Cos I can’t find it anywhere.

Crowndit:
Nne, biko did you see any bar? Me I can't see nothing o!

wenks:
Lol... Ndo.. Seems your application has been updated with the bar..
I don't have the status bar yet either. But the mail they sent yesterday was pretty clear. The bar is just a way to tick days off on a six months calendar

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:28am On Dec 13, 2018
opella:

Eziokwu my dear. Thanks

Please can I pm you? I need clarification about something.
Sure thing.
Congrats again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HTGAWM: 7:32am On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks a lot for the advice.

ontarioissauga:

His visa denials have no negative effects, they may just check his background more. Make sure you list those denials if possible with their evidence if available. You marrying Jim next month is not any sign of desperation. Just keep your photos and courtship stuff intact.?
Do what you have to do and create your profile.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HTGAWM: 7:35am On Dec 13, 2018
Please just to clarify...Do you mean I add him after the PR approval is out and passport requested (that's PPR) as opposed to after AOR?? If yes, could you please throw more light on why you think that will be a better approach. your response is much appreciated.

iaatmguy:
would suggest you too marry AFTER you submit your application, then you update your IMM007 form( after ppr) by stating your family composition has changed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HTGAWM: 7:36am On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks a lot. This is very helpful

Eraytee:
responses in bold letters
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HTGAWM: 7:37am On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks a lot. I appreciate the advice and reply.

Rijo02:

Its normal to raise all these concerns. However, they are really nothing.

All you need is to have enough evidence to prove your relationship and subsequent marriage. Even it was just 1 night you spent in Nigeria after marriage, it doesn't matter. All that IRCC will look at is if you were physically present for the marriage.

This is based on my personal experience as I got married after I had come to Canada. They would like to see evidence of proof of marriage and relationship. So keep your WhatsApp calls, videos, money transfers, pictures, etc that you have with your guy as they will play a vital role.

So in all, you guys should go ahead (marry if you really are ready for marriage not just PR stuff) and get an ITA................before the conservatives comes in and changes the policy!
All the best!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by connectgt: 7:40am On Dec 13, 2018
@Nomad26, thanks.

nomad26:
A friend of mine got waec scratchcard yesterday from a business centre. I'll find out the address from her and post here, might be helpful for you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 7:45am On Dec 13, 2018
Homguy:
As regards child birth, Nigerian Healthcare system isn't so bad really. There are a lot of good mother&child care centers with very good records. Can't say same for general hospitals tho
No one is safe jare. Most of the horror stories I've heard came from some of the best hospitals in Nigeria.
Our doctors are really trying - given the lack of infrastructure. But I can't fault anyone who decides (and has the means) to go elsewhere.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Inloveforever: 7:51am On Dec 13, 2018
hi. a friend of mine has a bit of a predicament that needs advise on. their aor is nov and have received MEP/BIL. he received a UN job offer whose station is in Canada a few days ago. he is not sure how to continue as they are suppose to sponsor his work visa but since his PR application is ongoing he doesnt know how to approach this. any ideas? can he apply for the work visa while his PR application is still on?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikedimeji(m): 7:52am On Dec 13, 2018
Ifeoma77:

No one is safe jare. Most of the horror stories I've heard came from some of the best hospitals in Nigeria.
Our doctors are really trying - given the lack of infrastructure. But I can't fault anyone who decides (and has the means) to go elsewhere.

Heard of a woman who lost her preemie because it took the neonatal unit 40 minutes to come and fetch the baby from the theater after a C-section. This happened in the almighty National Hospital.
Private ones are not left out either, Abuja Clinics almost killed my aunt. Limi hospital actually killed my church member.
You know the worst part? When stuff happens out of negligence/ignorance, they sit you in their conference room and tell you it's God's will and God giveth and taketh and to thank God in all situations
lipsrsealed
So sad...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mojohnny(m): 7:56am On Dec 13, 2018
I will probably have to visit office on Friday.
I have emailed them incessantly and I haven't gotten any response via email. I even called them last week and I spoke to a rude officer who told me its only after 6 weeks I can be asking for status of my EOR.

bharbhyie:
May I suggest you visit their office on Friday and find out the status.

I submitted my EOR form on the 13th, received an email on the 19th that it had been sent to the EOR team

I got a mail on Sunday last week that the remark is completed and I should pick up anytime from 15th.

I’m trusting God and keeping faith for upgraded results in Jesus name.

It will end in praise. Amen

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:57am On Dec 13, 2018
You’re amazing! Thank you and God bless you.
Nono16:

Congrats @SkyWalk12 . I am genuinely happy and grateful to God. I actually prayed for you after reading your interview story. Your interview was on my birthday, and i told God that He should have mercy on you considering it was a special day for me. It might have tarried, but it happened las las. I'm so happy.
We all have stories, guys..... IRCC should kuku release everyone that has passed medicals with PPRs as christmas gifts grin
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Owlette: 8:02am On Dec 13, 2018
Limi hospital is the worst of them all. This one i saw with my eyes.
Ifeoma77:

Heard of a woman who lost her preemie because it took the neonatal unit 40 minutes to come and fetch the baby from the theater after a C-section. This happened in the almighty National Hospital.
Private ones are not left out either, Abuja Clinics almost killed my aunt. Limi hospital actually killed my church member.
You know the worst part? When stuff happens out of negligence/ignorance, they sit you in their conference room and tell you it's God's will and God giveth and taketh and to thank God in all situations
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 8:12am On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks a lot Mamaroon...it's like you know me very well...I think I'll be doing that for a week sef grin

Mamaroon:

NJ...the TEF destroyer!!!

When you get PPR...you'll be buying free guguru, epa and boli for strangers on the street....

Congrats again!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:13am On Dec 13, 2018
Inloveforever:
hi. a friend of mine has a bit of a predicament that needs advise on. their aor is nov and have received MEP/BIL. he received a UN job offer whose station is in Canada a few days ago. he is not sure how to continue as they are suppose to sponsor his work visa but since his PR application is ongoing he doesnt know how to approach this. any ideas? can he apply for the work visa while his PR application is still on?

Unfortunately, he will have to choose between the job or his PR. The UN doesn't allow permanent residents to work with them, unless you're willing to revoke your status.
There are a couple of options I'd consider if I was in his shoes;

1. Spouse applies for PR with him unaccompanying. The other family members go as PR and he goes with work visa. If he ever disengages from the UN, wifey can then sponsor him. This would mean cancelling the current application and reapply.

2. In case wifey doesn't have enough CRS points to be the PA, (and hoping there's enough time before he has to sign contract papers) then leave the current application as it is and hope for speedy PPR, quickly go and land with the entire family and become PRs, then revoke my pr status and stay on in Canada with the UN-sponsored work visa while the family remains PRs.

3. Give up the job and consider using his UN connections to secure a similar position with an INGO. Perks and pay are on the same level but without the visa clause.

4. Give up the entire PR application and let the UN sponsor the entire family to Canada.

Congratulations to your friend, this is a good problem.

33 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by soulhighman(m): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2018
efueh:
Welcome to the club! Hurriedly go and claim it by following the link in your mail. I also got same as I don’t know what qualified me for it.

One thing was certain that my WES experience was full of confirmation drama with back and forth. My confirmation was done thrice. Despite all that, my ECA wasn’t released on due date, it came in 3days later, after worrying them on all communication channels.
So I got the e-badge mail first, before the ECA notification mail. As I assumed it was kind of compensation for my headache and delay.

The badge is cool and unique, as you can use it in your Canadian CV, LinkedIn account and job application emails, just to show your WES evaluation of your educational credentials. It doesn’t show your ECA number and your date of birth.

Hmmm. And I am yet to claim mine

(1) (2) (3) ... (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.