Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,730 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:03 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (186) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (824910 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:18am On Dec 13, 2018
Owlette:
Limi hospital is the worst of them all. This one i saw with my eyes.
Sis!! The horror stories from Limi hospital can make someone deaf

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 8:21am On Dec 13, 2018
Yes I started French from scratch...I detailed my experience on the TEF thread here

If you go through the whole thread you'll find that other people also shared their experiences as well as useful tips to pass the exam
bests:

U actually started french afresh? Or u have d skill before now.. Pls share as i was thinking the frenxh adv only works for those with the background.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Maritee(f): 8:21am On Dec 13, 2018
CheesyTee:
I applied for unilag transcript to be sent to WES since Sep 19.

My NECO and Masters certificate has been accepted and assessed but they’re yet to receive MSc transcript.

At first, I thought it was due to Canada Post’s strike as my alaroro self chose to send through Nipost (i was trying to buy time before diving into pool).

Long story short, I decided to mail unilag to confirm if my transcript has been processed, I was directed to check my status via records.unilag.edu.ng only to find “in progress”. I sent them another mail regarding the status and was told “we will looking into this. Sorry for the inconvenience”.

It’s almost three months and they didn’t bother processing my transcript. I’m just livid.

Anyone with contact that can help expedite processing? Thank you

Call Ifeanyi on: +2348024026411, he works with transcript office and should be able to assist you.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 8:23am On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks again Bellerin

but where is your own ITA?

Bellerin:

Congratulations again!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Maritee(f): 8:25am On Dec 13, 2018
Oakbend16:
I want to send WAEC scratch card to WES Canada, plenty indicate if you are interested in joining forces to send one pack via courier. Thanks

I am interested, please contact me on: 08035763168
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 8:26am On Dec 13, 2018
Prof abeg visit the TEF thread...materials berekete for there

https://www.nairaland.com/4672912/all-tef-candidates-canada-immigration

raphrulz:
Please, where did you study french and what materials did you use.

I really need it ahead of my relocation. Need to brush up my skills

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 8:29am On Dec 13, 2018
Roughly 6 months...there are loads of materials and tips on the TEF thread here

Chicagomum:
Please how long did it take you to study French? I am interested.

Congrats to all the clenchers

It will end in praise!

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ArcUgo(m): 8:33am On Dec 13, 2018
Wow this is hugely impressive. Congrats I salute you. You're the real MVP.
Please how long did it take from when you started the learning French to when you sat for the exams. Finally if you don't mind, can you please give us a break down of what it cost you financially?
njbybrthnly:
Yes I started French from scratch...I detailed my experience on the TEF thread here

If you go through the whole thread you'll find that other people also shared their experiences as well as useful tips to pass the exam
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 8:33am On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks Ifeoma

All those ones (and even more) dey the TEF thread o...I'll try to post useful links sha
Ifeoma77:

Congratulations, wow! May the rest of the process be easy for you.

PS. It would be great if you bless page 1 with your TEF preparation and writing experience.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by connectgt: 8:33am On Dec 13, 2018
@CuteRedd, I wonder if the guys in the link you post are for real. Their PH Rep I spoke with just told me it would cost me between 14k to 15K for just a scratch card.Some Nigerians will never change

I just told him not to bother. Some people sha.....

CuteRedd:
i was able to get the unscratched card. It is very scarce because WAEC has stopped production. I got it from this site http://www.mecnigeria.org/contact-us/ if you are in any of these locations you can try calling them to find out. Got from the festac branch tho

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:37am On Dec 13, 2018
njbybrthnly:
Thanks again Bellerin

but where is your own ITA?

grin grin...it's on the wayyy. ECA chilling. Setting up gofundme for POF lol.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jerich: 8:38am On Dec 13, 2018
Chicagomum:
I dont think they have seen it. When my school sent mine initially i sent an email to find out if they saw it they said no. I asked the schools to send back the transcript and they did. After a couple of days my status changed to received.

I sent another email just to ensure they saw it (see response below)

I suggest you ask your school to send the transcripts again but meanwhile,

Send an email to this email address to find out if they have seen your transcript BCIT_ICESINFO@bcit.ca
Note that ur ICES number and full name should be the subject of the email.

see the response I got the response below. Hoping i dont have to wait for 10 weeks.

We have received an e-mail from your institution in late November. It is currently with the evaluator for reviewing. If anything else is required you will be notified, otherwise, the current timeline for ECA completion is 10 weeks.

Thank you.

Regards,

i did mail them three days after school sent my transcript , they replied that they are yet to open mails for the said date and when they do, my status will change , 7days later, i mailed them again. that was last week friday. they replied that they are still in the process of opening mails for the said date that my transcript was sent and that they are opening mails for 15 of nov. mine was 28 of nov.. although they have seen the mail sent by my institution,they will contact me if they need more information.
pls is anybody in the house who sent his document in nov ending with ICES. whose status has changed from submitted to received.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 8:44am On Dec 13, 2018
bharbhyie:
May I suggest you visit their office on Friday and find out the status.

I submitted my EOR form on the 13th, received an email on the 19th that it had been sent to the EOR team

I got a mail on Sunday last week that the remark is completed and I should pick up anytime from 15th.

I’m trusting God and keeping faith for upgraded results in Jesus name.

It will end in praise. Amen

Did you submit at British Council in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by SolutionsGuy: 8:57am On Dec 13, 2018
Inloveforever:
hi. a friend of mine has a bit of a predicament that needs advise on. their aor is nov and have received MEP/BIL. he received a UN job offer whose station is in Canada a few days ago. he is not sure how to continue as they are suppose to sponsor his work visa but since his PR application is ongoing he doesnt know how to approach this. any ideas? can he apply for the work visa while his PR application is still on?

Yes, one can apply for work visa while PR process is on. They call it dual intent (you may check it out).
However, you or your friend should check the citizenship and PR status requirements for such job category. Check the papers or enquire from UN before you make your dual intent known.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by patty827: 9:03am On Dec 13, 2018
True
Ifeoma77:

True, one is safe jare. Most of the horror stories I've heard came from some of the best hospitals in Nigeria.
Our doctors are really trying - given the lack of infrastructure. But I can't fault anyone who decides (and has the means) to go elsewhere.

Heard of a woman who lost her preemie because it took the neonatal unit 40 minutes to come and fetch the baby from the theater after a C-section. This happened in the almighty National Hospital.
Private ones are not left out either, Abuja Clinics almost killed my aunt. Limi hospital actually killed my church member.
You know the worst part? When stuff happens out of negligence/ignorance, they sit you in their conference room and tell you it's God's will and God giveth and taketh and to thank God in all situations
lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 9:43am On Dec 13, 2018
BC Lagos

Richness1104:

Did you submit at British Council in Lagos or Abuja?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by flourisher: 9:45am On Dec 13, 2018
Debsify:
WES evaluation report completion date 1/4/2019..finally!!!
Please how long will it take them to acknowledge the receipt of the docs I sent through fax?
I saved the docs with my ref no. or is there another way to put the ref no?
Finally, how do I exclude verifying my bachelor's? cos they mailed me that they are still awaiting it but I definitely don't want to evaluate it
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by futureenergy: 9:51am On Dec 13, 2018
ArcUgo:
Wow this is hugely impressive. Congrats I salute you. You're the real MVP.
Please how long did it take from when you started the learning French to when you sat for the exams. Finally if you don't mind, can you please give us a break down of what it cost you financially?

Wouldn't it be better we do this on the TEF thread?

They have gently operated there without much duplication on this thread, unlike the IELTS that have left the thread and be increasing our pages upandan.

Abeg make we no drag French guys come here.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CuteRedd(f): 9:53am On Dec 13, 2018
connectgt:
@CuteRedd, I wonder if the guys in the link you post are for real. Their PH Rep I spoke with just told me it would cost me between 14k to 15K for just a scratch card.Some Nigerians will never change

I just told him not to bother. Some people sha.....

uhn nawa oo 15k ke I can only vouch for the festac branch in Lagos I went there myself to buy the scratch card bought 7 for 1500 each.

Maybe the guy did not know what you meant or thought you want to buy in bulk. If the address is there and its not far you can go there to physically meet them.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks... Page 1 updated with the TEF tip
njbybrthnly:

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 9:54am On Dec 13, 2018
If u are looking for waec scratch card to buy, look no more. U can buy online with ur atm

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efueh: 9:56am On Dec 13, 2018
Congrats on your Tef success and ITA.
I went through your link below on Tef thread and saw the tips and pointers you made.
Did you attend French classses or involved a private tutor? Or it was simply a do it yourself approach you adopted?
Did you aced it in one attempt within your six months preparation?

Expecting your feedback.

njbybrthnly:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:14am On Dec 13, 2018
efueh:
Congrats on your Tef success and ITA.
I went through your link below on Tef thread and saw the tips and pointers you made.
Did you attend French classses or involved a private tutor? Or it was simply a do it yourself approach you adopted?
Did you aced it in one attempt within your six months preparation?

Expecting your feedback.

IRCC now accepts TCF! You can do it on your own but attending classes meant mainly for the French tests is much better. However, you do most of the learning yourself.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 10:16am On Dec 13, 2018
futureenergy:

Wouldn't it be better we do this on the TEF thread?

They have gently operated there without much duplication on this thread, unlike the IELTS that have left the thread and be increasing our pages upandan.

Abeg make we no drag French guys come here.
Truly French guys should remain in their thread likewise IELTS and ECA people. Everybody should be on their lanes.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sparklezzzzz: 10:26am On Dec 13, 2018
Hello, is it still okay to send only MSc transcript (which is the highest level of education) to WES for verification? Or must the Bachelors transcript also be sent for verification to WES? I've seen lots of conflicting information on this and just want to be sure of the current requirement. A link to the current requirement will also be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by soulhighman(m): 10:26am On Dec 13, 2018
kkmny81:
People I have a small question on pof. If 25% of my pension fund account balance is 100% of my pof, is this acceptable to CIC.
Also has anyone done this before?

Someone here has done it before. Can't remember who it was
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 10:27am On Dec 13, 2018
Tojued:

Problem is that VFS India only accepts submission in person. No courier.

Make una all waka co India naa or better still make all of una send am to me. Me sef i fit give you na COPR - thats why i never get one myself

cool cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adiepena: 10:34am On Dec 13, 2018
Good morning people,

Finally got another PPR mail.
They decided to give me 15days to submit.

They requested i add an IMM008 form to it (Family Composition List).

Am not able to download this form. Please anyone who has it, kindly send me a mail.
Help a sister please.

Thanks a lot

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CheesyTee(f): 10:34am On Dec 13, 2018
God bless you. Thank you

Maritee:

Call Ifeanyi on: +2348024026411, he works with transcript office and should be able to assist you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CheesyTee(f): 10:39am On Dec 13, 2018
Evaluate only MSc but you will need send your WAEC/NECO as part of new requirements

Sparklezzzzz:
Hello, is it still okay to send only MSc transcript (which is the highest level of education) to WES for verification? Or must the Bachelors transcript also be sent for verification to WES? I've seen lots of conflicting information on this and just want to be sure of the current requirement. A link to the current requirement will also be highly appreciated. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 10:55am On Dec 13, 2018
flourisher:

Please how long will it take them to acknowledge the receipt of the docs I sent through fax?
Finally, how do I exclude verifying my bachelor's? cos they mailed me that they are still awaiting it but I definitely don't want to evaluate it
In like less than 3 days or so. As for excluding verifying your B.C.S., I really don't know how to do that, maybe you should chat WES up on Twitter and ask.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 10:58am On Dec 13, 2018
flourisher:

In like less than 3 days or so. As for excluding verifying your B.C.S., I really don't know how to do that, maybe you should chat WES up on Twitter and ask

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.