Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,817 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (188) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (823068 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Kamoc: 1:53pm On Dec 13, 2018
[quote author=adebee16 post=73810551]Yes you can

Thanks alot

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by rieme26: 1:59pm On Dec 13, 2018
Please, how is the ICES application form sent back to them? can i just scan it and mail since my school will be mailing my transcript
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 2:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
I'm just frustrated with WES. I wish I never decided to use them. When did they start asking for verification of certificate?. I sent them my BSc certificate through hellofax only for them to ask my school to verify the certificate, which is going to cost me double. I'm just so confused.

If you are still at ECA stage, I'll reiterate what others have been saying. DO NOT USE WES!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MumtotheBeloved: 2:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
Goodafternoon Fam,

Please is there anyone that wouldn’t mind swapping appointment dates at QLIFE

I have 18th February,2019 and I need any date in January (preferably the last week in January) or the first week in February.

We are a family of 3.

SOS

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by successhungry: 2:30pm On Dec 13, 2018
happyme31:
Please who has a credible person working in University of Ibadan that can help with us apply for transcript and follow up.
Please save a soul. Thanks

DM;if you don't have yet.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 2:42pm On Dec 13, 2018
lolz...everything will fall into place in good time

Bellerin:

grin grin...it's on the wayyy. ECA chilling. Setting up gofundme for POF lol.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by philip3(m): 2:44pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Unfortunately, he will have to choose between the job

Congratulations to your friend, this is a good problem.

You are mouthed.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:45pm On Dec 13, 2018
Debsify:
WES evaluation report completion date 1/4/2019..finally!!!
please how do you check completion date for WES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by gerona: 3:02pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hello House,

I am currently in the pool without ITA, i just received a mail to apply for Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP), please what does this mean? Please has anyone ever experienced this. Who do I write to for clarifications pls?

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 3:06pm On Dec 13, 2018
OlumisiI:
Congratulations my french role model grin grin grin

Thanks plenty boss...

feeling like a role model cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by njbybrthnly: 3:07pm On Dec 13, 2018
Thanks so much everyone for the felicitations!

At the risk of sounding like a page 1 advocate grin, all the info you need is on the TEF thread. We are many that have written the test, with varying degrees of success and we've all shared extremely valuable tips there. I feel I should reiterate (as @ontarioissauga said) that there are now two accepted french tests for EE - TEF-Canada and TCF-Canada. It's left for anyone who is interested to decide which one to take.

I also need to say that there's no one size fits all approach to studying french...one just needs to sit down and analyze how doable it is (how much time can you put in, give yourself a timeline to write the exam to keep yourself accountable, how much can you spare cashwise, which study mode works best for you - french classes, private tutor or self-study - all are great depending on your specific needs), then put in the work and God-willing success is sure.

See you @ the TEF thread if you still have any "french" questions - many french gurus are there to answer smiley

ArcUgo:
Wow this is hugely impressive. Congrats I salute you. You're the real MVP.
Please how long did it take from when you started the learning French to when you sat for the exams. Finally if you don't mind, can you please give us a break down of what it cost you financially?

efueh:
Congrats on your Tef success and ITA.
I went through your link below on Tef thread and saw the tips and pointers you made.
Did you attend French classses or involved a private tutor? Or it was simply a do it yourself approach you adopted?
Did you aced it in one attempt within your six months preparation?

Expecting your feedback.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by speedyconnect3: 3:13pm On Dec 13, 2018
speedyconnect3:
Lol. I Hope you are finding it useful.

Admission application season for Fall is rounding up and my guess is that you are just learning the process.

My simple advise, read page 0-100 of EE thread and start the process. It is very straightforward and You can do provincial nomination.

The student route is complex and your GPA is not smiling enough. If you want to go this route, you will have to read beyond my post and strategize for admission, funding (very doubtful due to your GPA) and student visa which can also be very complicated. It is even easier to study after getting your PR.

Go and make life easier for yourself with less reading and better chances.

Shalom!

How true is this

Osemigho
Yemdogg

How true is this?

Osemigho
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by einsteino(m): 3:16pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hello all,

Been a while. To those of you who work in very organised firms with clearly laid out process for obtaining Reference letters(common with banks) , try as much as possible to avoid having your supervisors sign your work reference letters for you, the convenience you seek could be short lived. I now know of two people( both in the banking sector) who have ran into trouble for this, one of them was for Canada PR and another for Australia PR.

The issue is, when the VO wants to verify such letters, what they do is contact HR directly rather than the supervisor who signed the letter, and HR simply replies saying it didnt come from them. HR even went a step further to issue query to the employee for circumventing due process. If you work in a bank, if your supervisor is to write a reference letter for you, it might be safer for it be on plain paper not your firm's letter head. Or better still contact HR... Its not funny watching both your PR and your Job hanging

40 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:34pm On Dec 13, 2018
njbybrthnly:
lolz...everything will fall into place in good time

Amen! Thank you!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kiari: 3:35pm On Dec 13, 2018
Very True.

einsteino:
Hello all,

Been a while. To those of you who work in very organised firms with clearly laid out process for obtaining Reference letters(common with banks) , try as much as possible to avoid having your supervisors sign your work reference letters for you, the convenience you seek could be short lived. I now know of two people( both in the banking sector) who have ran into trouble for this, one of them was for Canada PR and another for Australia PR.

The issue is, when the VO wants to verify such letters, what they do is contact HR directly rather than the supervisor who signed the letter, and HR simply replies saying it didnt come from them. HR even went a step further to issue query to the employee for circumventing due process. If you work in a bank, if your supervisor is to write a reference letter for you, it might be safer for it be on plain paper not your firm's letter head. Or better still contact HR... Its not funny watching both your PR and your Job hanging
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:37pm On Dec 13, 2018
njbybrthnly:
Thanks so much everyone for the felicitations!

At the risk of sounding like a page 1 advocate grin, all the info you need is on the TEF thread. We are many that have written the test, with varying degrees of success and we've all shared extremely valuable tips there. I feel I should reiterate (as @ontarioissauga said) that there are now two accepted french tests for EE - TEF-Canada and TCF-Canada. It's left for anyone who is interested to decide which one to take.

I also need to say that there's no one size fits all approach to studying french...one just needs to sit down and analyze how doable it is (how much time can you put in, give yourself a timeline to write the exam to keep yourself accountable, how much can you spare cashwise, which study mode works best for you - french classes, private tutor or self-study - all are great depending on your specific needs), then put in the work and God-willing success is sure.

See you @ the TEF thread if you still have any "french" questions - many french gurus are there to answer smiley

Congratulations once again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
this is very true. I know someone who faced DC for using the bank's letter head without authorization.

einsteino:
Hello all,

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 4:18pm On Dec 13, 2018
einsteino:
Hello all,

hmmmmm and am sure they got the hr’s number from the company’s website.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Newmum0615: 4:23pm On Dec 13, 2018
I have said this a million times. It's never worth the heartache.
einsteino:
Hello all,

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by dubajek: 4:29pm On Dec 13, 2018
Really. I forwarded mine to them on Tuesday

zannie:
I'm just frustrated with WES. I wish I never decided to use them. When did they start asking for verification of certificate?. I sent them my BSc certificate through hellofax only for them to ask my school to verify the certificate, which is going to cost me double. I'm just so confused.

If you are still at ECA stage, I'll reiterate what others have been saying. DO NOT USE WES!!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 4:40pm On Dec 13, 2018
Wondering how & why someone would obtain his/her supervisor's reference letter on the company's letter head in d first instance. That's clearly a protocol bridge & forgery. Any letter outside the company's HR should come on a plain paper and notarized "if possible".
einsteino:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Opsy29: 4:41pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hello, I have a work ref letter on plain paper from my work supervisor as I cldnt obtain from HR. What are the specific details required in the CIC format?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by iaatmguy(m): 4:50pm On Dec 13, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Why not? If she has the money, why shouldn't she seek excellent medical care?
I'm not even close to having a baby and birthing in Nigeria scares the crap out of me
at last

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by darlingdadon(m): 4:58pm On Dec 13, 2018
Finally!!!

WES ECA Completed Date: 21/12/18

Wrote IELTS on the 1st December 2018

Currently awaiting Results.

WES almost got me Depressed with back and forth Verification.

May the Odds be in our Favor.

Congratulations to all PPA Clinchers. Go and Ocuppy.

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 5:03pm On Dec 13, 2018
dubajek:
Really. I forwarded mine to them on Tuesday

I'm hoping it's a mistake on their part. I'm waiting for a response from them.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eddy4400: 5:05pm On Dec 13, 2018
Yes you can, I used this as well.

Kamoc:
Good afternoon fam...Pls how do I go about making payment for processing or application fees for PR to IRCC, after filling and uploading the required documents? Can I use my GTBank naira MasterCard to pay?....Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MummyJaygirls: 5:11pm On Dec 13, 2018
gbengaolu360:

How did you count the days ?..... Calendar Days or working days ( Monday -Friday ) ?

by date, lol
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MummyJaygirls: 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
rieme26:
Please, how is the ICES application form sent back to them? can i just scan it and mail since my school will be mailing my transcript

does ICES use form? are u sure u r not mixing it up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MummyJaygirls: 5:14pm On Dec 13, 2018
zannie:

they have always verified

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 5:22pm On Dec 13, 2018
Hi, I doubt others got that mail.

If it were me, I would raise a CSE sharpaly to seek clarifications. Like I linked to you earlier, unless you are a refugee you are not entitled to the program.

So why did you get the mai? I would be concerned. Identity match with a refugee from Nigeria could be a source and could bring problems down the line.

A Canadian citizen of Nigerian origin was detained for 8 months because he was mixed up with a failed refugee claimant. All pleas to CBSA that it was not him proved abortive. He showed them his citizenship papers, they said no that it was a forgery. It took them 8 months to clear him.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/canadian-citizen-sues-border-services-agency-after-being-detained-eight-months-1.4703064
gerona:

Hello House,

I am currently in the pool without ITA, i just received a mail to apply for Interim Federal Health Program (IFHP), please what does this mean? Please has anyone ever experienced this. Who do I write to for clarifications pls?

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Godisincontrol: 5:26pm On Dec 13, 2018
Opsy29:
Hello, I have a work ref letter on plain paper from my work supervisor as I cldnt obtain from HR. What are the specific details required in the CIC format?

So what information did you ask your supervisor to provide for you on the plain paper?

Have you found time to visit Page 1 of this thread cause it's obvious you didn't visit the closed threads or CIC website. While we help in sharing information, I would advise you carry out your own research. This journey na per head.

You may want to view the link below

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:27pm On Dec 13, 2018
Thank you. Has there been any more news on the AVO group?

abakiki:

Congrats dear, christmas came early indeed! Go and prosper in your new home!

(1) (2) (3) ... (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) (191) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.