Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,488 members, 7,819,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:44 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (197) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (823816 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ysteph: 1:18pm On Dec 14, 2018
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Tojued:

You say
I've been trying to hibernate in preparation for winter but Bros or sis this your post has completely woken me up.
My sleep cycle has been entirely disrupted I'll need to start from scratch again!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 1:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
Chicagomum:
How much did your writing increase? by 0.5 or 1?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mapleking: 1:24pm On Dec 14, 2018
opella:
@DrMrsCK, dezzydon, Travelbunny007, Mr Teeo, mapleking, mumtotheBeloved, njbybrthnly,KingAEle, markmp01 and any other December 12 ITA recipient, what do you think about creating a whatsapp group to help eachother with any confusing aspect of the application?

I am interested
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Beeps: 1:28pm On Dec 14, 2018
I am grateful to God for my IELTS result.

MOD

L -8.5
R - 7.5
W - 7.5
S - 7.5

CRS now 445

I appreciate the support and prayer of @Zinggi and all others towards achieving this. May God reward you greatly!!!

38 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Zinggi(f): 1:33pm On Dec 14, 2018
Beeps:
I am grateful to God for my IELTS result.

MOD

L -8.5
R - 7.5
W - 7.5
S - 7.5

CRS now 445

I appreciate the support and prayer of @Zinggi and all others towards achieving this. May God reward you greatly!!!

Uwc dear. May the next draw favour you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by EyimofeFA: 1:58pm On Dec 14, 2018
Who else is Dec 1st MOD, that hasnt seen result?

I have not been able to concentrate at work

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Compu001: 2:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please, is it possible to ask for a remark in listening?? Is it feasible??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Beeps: 2:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
Uwc dear. May the next draw favour you.[/quote]

Amen
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 2:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
Uchihasasuke19:

My HR issued the normal embassy introduction letter. So I met my line manager to give me a proper reference letter using the company letter head. I'm a bit worried now seeing all this post.
The question is, will CIC contact the line manager directly for verification or they will contact HR.

I
They contact the contact on the letterhead.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 2:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
opella:
@DrMrsCK, dezzydon, Travelbunny007, Mr Teeo, mapleking, mumtotheBeloved, njbybrthnly,KingAEle, markmp01 and any other December 12 ITA recipient, what do you think about creating a whatsapp group to help eachother with any confusing aspect of the application?

Create the group and drop the link
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by lobell: 2:13pm On Dec 14, 2018
Imarama:
Thanks for helping. I have my work hours stated as 40 for all work experience. What else can do you think I should do differently? quote author=lobell post=73820720]

It's not a technical issue! You have most likely put 8 hours as number of hours of work per week under work history instead of 40 hours. This has drastically reduced your years of experience and affected your points under skills transfer - work experience. Ask me how I know?

Go over your work history input and change number of hours per week to 40 and see the magic. Cheers.

Hi, So I just used the crs tool to calculate your score based on the info you provided earlier and I got 420 spouse accompanying.

If however, you want to leave your spouse behind your score would be 445.

Cheers.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TrudeausGirl: 2:16pm On Dec 14, 2018
Hi guys. I've been a silent reader for a while now. I'm currently at 440 with a LRWS 9,7.5,7.5,7.5 I'm worried draws will not drop to the 440 range anymore with the high numbers that dive in the pool daily. Should I ask for a remark in Reading? I might get lucky and get 443 if it comes back with an upgrade. 46k is a lotta money to gamble away...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Donelli: 2:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
e-Bros and e-Sis's make una come see something o. My question might sound funny, but what are the chances of someone that managed to scratch out 438 CRS points. embarassed
Can we pull down the cut off by the anointing. angry

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 2:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
Well, what the writer earlier said was that it is easy to contact your HR directly from that letter head than ur line manager, especiallly when they are not fully convinced. And i believe we both agree your HR will definitely deny knowledge in such situation. Hence d reason to rather have it on a plain paper notarized, with his details and ID card attached. The essence of this is just to avoid unnecessary delay in ones application. Better to just play it safe u know.
Uchihasasuke19:

My HR issued the normal embassy introduction letter. So I met my line manager to give me a proper reference letter using the company letter head. I'm a bit worried now seeing all this post.
The question is, will CIC contact the line manager directly for verification or they will contact HR.

I
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 2:38pm On Dec 14, 2018
My dear, it will be safer if you add Writing and Speaking too. With my 444 too still hanging, that's what I intend to do if the next draw says otherwise again.
TrudeausGirl:
Hi guys. I've been a silent reader for a while now. I'm currently at 440 with a LRWS 9,7.5,7.5,7.5 I'm worried draws will not drop to the 440 range anymore with the high numbers that dive in the pool daily. Should I ask for a remark in Reading? I might get lucky and get 443 if it comes back with an upgrade. 46k is a lotta money to gamble away...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 2:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
Excuse me What did i just read here? i am not understanding. shocked shocked shocked
wealthiest1:
My advice, go for a Remark of your Writing, you may probably be upgraded to a 6.5 which will be a CLB 8 or 7 which will be CLB 9. As long as it's writing exam your chances of mark upgrade is high.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by damzy88: 3:08pm On Dec 14, 2018
Olha:
After 8 attempts, God finally said Amen!
BC 5 times
MOD 3 times
3 Remarks with BC, and i got 1 refund

MOD Test on Dec 1st
L-9.0
R-7.5
S-8.0
W-7.0

Perseverance, prayer and have unshaken faith about the whole process.

You are the real MVP
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dealkid: 3:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
Compu001:
First attempt after many months of procrastination, yet listening break my head.
L :7.5
S:8
R:8.5
W:8

Is it possible I ask for remark for my listening part??

Oga / Madam Compu001, how? WRITING? 8? Please what materials did you use?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:15pm On Dec 14, 2018
Wawu!

Great vibe! Congrats to all who aced IELTS. The rest of us, let keep up the faith.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Congrats! Go and excel!

CookieLyon:
Hello Guys, I’ve been a silent observer. I got the PPR mail today.

PPR - December 14th

Called them on the 7th and they said they were done processing my application. I don’t know why it took them a week to send the email.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:23pm On Dec 14, 2018
Chin up! You can try remark.
Sultanlek:
Ielts 3rd attempt
L-9
R-8.5
W- 6.5
S-8
I am tired
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:35pm On Dec 14, 2018
MVP!

This is someone ready to travel! May God crown all your efforts.

flourisher:
My e-family! I passed my Ielts o, I PASSED!

doubted myself a week to the exam, I have an extremely demanding job (7-4.30), two boys (3.4 n 1.5) with no help (hubby stays in another state and came home the night before my speaking test).

Thanks to God almighty, I used the study materials on page 1, I chose advantage by Chris and the material that came with the registration.
I made dinner immediately I return from work (if you greet me pass 5sec after close of work, I will politely tell you I have an appointment), fetched water (yes, pumping machine decided to spoil then smh), washed school uniforms, did homework (I had to warn the teacher, omo reduce the homework or you do it by yourself o) cajoled the kids to eat and sleep before 7pm (my toddler is still nursing, so that gets him to sleep faster, though stressful for me, for my 3yr old, I just pretend I am sleeping and after his numerous activity, he gets bored and sleeps off- sometimes, I also end up sleeping off lol).

So, I studied from 7pm-9pm (non-church service days, stopped attending mid-week service the week before exam (church days 8-9)), slept till 12, then studied from 12-5am to go make breakfast, walking like a zombie (most times, I complete my dressing up @ work, shebi na to come early, wu fashion parade hep?). I did all the practice on the website that Chris and BC recommended except the writing- did about 4 writing practice tests I wasn't 100% confident in what I learnt, so, I felt I needed to read more. I used my husband for the writing practice, whenever he chats me about work or anything, I will respond with either a formal or informal task 1 essay (e.g. I wrote an unsubmitted letter of complaint to the bread seller that sold him spoilt bread stating when and where he purchased, method of payment, emotions and the action needed lol, he had to beg me to stop correcting his statements). Then on weekends, I would send him my task 2 essay and he would mark and correct, whatever he says, I would paraphrase using a different but exact in meaning word and restructure the statement

So, I had 3 hrs sleep @ home, 30 minutes sleep @ work (during lunch time) and occasional dozing offs @ work. Boy I had headache but I lost the extra weight, someone begged me to recommend the drug I was using to shed weight lol.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:36pm On Dec 14, 2018
1. Not mandatory.
FirstTImeUser:
Good day house

1. Enquiry about proof of funds
I intend to get 100% POF from my father. Do I need to attach his bank statement to my application?

2. Anyone with an idea of good hotels under 10k and very close to qlife clinic Victoria island?

Thank you .
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 3:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please i got 7.5 in speaking is there any need to ask for a remark? I am remarking writing.

Seniors please let me know if there is a need to remark speaking since I am remarking writing.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
Hmm.

I feel you. It does feel like gambling. Check your pocket sha. If you can spare it. I do think the score will drop to 440, but might take a long while.
TrudeausGirl:
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bularvz: 3:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
First attempt
L=8
R=7.5
S=7
W=6.5
Second Attempt
L=8.5
R=7
S=7
W=6
Why always writing

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:42pm On Dec 14, 2018
No extra points for scoring higher than 7.5 in speaking.
Chicagomum:
Please i got 7.5 in speaking is there any need to ask for a remark? I am remarking writing.

Seniors please let me know if there is a need to remark speaking since I am remarking writing.

Thank you.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wealthiest1: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
Congrats and welcome to the ITA family.....You rock!
flourisher:
My e-family! I passed my Ielts o, I PASSED!

I couldn't sleep kankan, been refreshing the page but showing result not found, I just enter gentle mode, didn't want to talk too much, I was just liking all the posts on this page without even reading and worse still you people were unusually quiet yesternight so nothing to engage me, the tension no be here o but now, the journey looks real to me.

First attempt BC
Overall Band:8.0
Listening: 8.5
Reading: 9.0
Writing: 7.0
Speaking: 7.5

NaGodwino!

I doubted myself a week to the exam, I have an extremely demanding job (7-4.30), two boys (3.4 n 1.5) with no help (hubby stays in another state and came home the night before my speaking test).

Thanks to God almighty, I used the study materials on page 1, I chose advantage by Chris and the material that came with the registration.
I made dinner immediately I return from work (if you greet me pass 5sec after close of work, I will politely tell you I have an appointment), fetched water (yes, pumping machine decided to spoil then smh), washed school uniforms, did homework (I had to warn the teacher, omo reduce the homework or you do it by yourself o) cajoled the kids to eat and sleep before 7pm (my toddler is still nursing, so that gets him to sleep faster, though stressful for me, for my 3yr old, I just pretend I am sleeping and after his numerous activity, he gets bored and sleeps off- sometimes, I also end up sleeping off lol).

So, I studied from 7pm-9pm (non-church service days, stopped attending mid-week service the week before exam (church days 8-9)), slept till 12, then studied from 12-5am to go make breakfast, walking like a zombie (most times, I complete my dressing up @ work, shebi na to come early, wu fashion parade hep?). I did all the practice on the website that Chris and BC recommended except the writing- did about 4 writing practice tests I wasn't 100% confident in what I learnt, so, I felt I needed to read more. I used my husband for the writing practice, whenever he chats me about work or anything, I will respond with either a formal or informal task 1 essay (e.g. I wrote an unsubmitted letter of complaint to the bread seller that sold him spoilt bread stating when and where he purchased, method of payment, emotions and the action needed lol, he had to beg me to stop correcting his statements). Then on weekends, I would send him my task 2 essay and he would mark and correct, whatever he says, I would paraphrase using a different but exact in meaning word and restructure the statement

So, I had 3 hrs sleep @ home, 30 minutes sleep @ work (during lunch time) and occasional dozing offs @ work. Boy I had headache but I lost the extra weight, someone begged me to recommend the drug I was using to shed weight lol.

My speaking was quite short and I lied no be small (well its called fiction). My examiner was speaking Yoruba ponbele while I was at the door and immediately I stepped in, she turn Oyinbo, DiarisGodo. I spoke on the song I like and the only song I could remember was Asa. I couldn't remember any other song in the whole wide world! I kukuma talked about the song and I am sure the examiner knows the song cos she was looking at me in a funny way like you know I don't believe you right? Wetin consan me and it took her a lot of effort to be professional lol (I said Asa lifts my spirit, identifies with my personality, ah iro yen po! abi when I didn't know what to jot down within first 5 secs, I turned to fiction o). In the Part 3, I made sure I used a lot of past, present and future tenses. I knew I did well though I didn't give my absolute best and I really trusted God for a miracle.

On the exam day, just as someone here said, I met two people I least expected, I used the restroom about thrice, the last time was to dance before the writing cos I was getting nervous. The listening was quite clearer than I expected, the part where the PhD student was talking about his future plans was what got me confused. Reading was bam, finished in 33 minutes, read over like 10 times. For writing, I spent extra time on task 1 about 24minutes before I borrowed myself brain. For task 2, I supported that giving gifts is better than other methods of showing we care and gave examples and detailed explanations. I didn't vary my vocab as much as I learnt cos the time was fast ticking. I read each sentence, paragraph and the entire tasks twice (Please write in pencil and edit your work). I was optimistic, I prayed, fasted, confessed and believed God.

God is faithful! If I can make it, then I believe you don't have any excuse

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:43pm On Dec 14, 2018
Lol.
Na to look for other things!
Donelli:
e-Bros and e-Sis's make una come see something o. My question might sound funny, but what are the chances of someone that managed to scratch out 438 CRS points. embarassed
Can we pull down the cut off by the anointing. angry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 4:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
International passport is your ID for this process.

1. Use the international passport as it is for your IELTS. No need for any other thing.
2. Same for EE. But when submitting your eAPR, attached a "one and same person" affidavit.

JOAISH:
Good evening house. I am new here. I love to ask questions on international passport. Please help!

I am worried about the fact that my middle name appeared as my first name in my international passport, I want to write my IELTS exams and I saw that they asked that ones name should be written in order it appeared on the identification i. e international passport. All other documents of mine have my middle name come at the middle which is correct, only my International Passport has my middle name as my first name, and my first name written where my middle be should be. Please what do I do?

Can an affidavit of one and same person cover me? I am thinking of writing my name it order it appears normally for my IELTS exams. Hope I won't be penalised for it?

Again I am bothered about issues that may come up if I create my express entry profile with my name in it usual order instead of the way it is written on my passport. Please help me.

I am so worried. I do not know what do to.

Example: my name the usual way for instance: Ibiokun Adeshade Usman-Chindu

International passport now reads: Adesade Ibiokun Usman-Chindu

Apart from the fact that (Adeshade (middle name) was used as my first name in the international passport, the "h was also omitted so it was written as " Adesade.

Please what do I do, all other documents bears Ibiokun Adeshade Usman-Chindu. (Note please, name is just an example here). Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 4:04pm On Dec 14, 2018
At the risk of sounding preachy and high horsy, those of our guys below 440 should look at @flourisher IELTS tale and @njbybrthnly’s French experience.

If we can give our best to it and take up French, we can do well in TEF/TCF in 6 months’ time to cross over the 440 line and the skill will also increase our options in Canada.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by exquisef: 4:05pm On Dec 14, 2018
better chance of getting your 15k back...
Chicagomum:

Thank you.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (194) (195) (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.