Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,806 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:50 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (823054 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Jbelieve: 5:54pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mummychichi:
My dear Family,

I don't think I can do this again. 3rd attempt

Please don't give up. Keep trying do it for a better future for you and your kids.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Babeakosua: 5:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
Do not give up now. Consider changing your strategy, maybe look for a study partner or someone to assist if you experience any difficulty while practicing. God will show up and show out for you. Keep the faith and continue pushing to achieve your desired result.

Erigo23:
Guys this is my first time writing I’m so broken inside I don’t even know what to do again. Writing ielts for the 3rd time and still not making it is devastating. especially for the fact that I’m unemployed and I have to save the money everytime on my own. It’s really devastating.
1st try with BC. LRWS- 8.5, 6.5,7,8.5
2nd try with IDP LRWS- 7.5,8.0,6.5,8.5
3rd try with IDP LRWS: 8.5,6.5,6.5,8.5
This is demoralizing I have done my ECA since August just waiting on this IELTS and now I was really hoping this would be the last time but I can’t believe I have to continue this again next year. I prayed and prayed and I studied and studied still nothing. This is almost 300k wasted. Having to watch my friends that I even told about the program move on and get PPR and I’m still stuck here. � lemme just stop typing I’ve been crying since morning.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
Erigo23:
Guys this is my first time writing I’m so broken inside I don’t even know what to do again. Writing ielts for the 3rd time and still not making it is devastating. especially for the fact that I’m unemployed and I have to save the money everytime on my own. It’s really devastating.
This is demoralizing I have done my ECA since August just waiting on this IELTS and now I was really hoping this would be the last time but I can’t believe I have to continue this again next year. I prayed and prayed and I studied and studied still nothing. This is almost 300k wasted. Having to watch my friends that I even told about the program move on and get PPR and I’m still stuck here. � lemme just stop typing I’ve been crying since morning.

Your story is touching me GOD BE WITH YOU, through this trials cry I am sharing an almost similar story to yours...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:01pm On Dec 14, 2018
Well, you need not be bro. The narrated situation is not as if it's the norm in all cases, I believe not even when you've backed it up with up to date payslips & other vital stuffs. Truth is,
it depends on who is gonna handle your case file. %age of ur success is higher than d reverse. We all are only being careful.
Uchihasasuke19:

Thanks for the feedback. I submitted my application before knowing about this thread. My AOR is early December. What would you advise in this case.

I also submitted a LOE for a change of NOC post ITA.
I added the LOE, Line manager reference on Company letter head, and pay slip for each year I've worked.. About 4 years..

Don't know If I should be worried. Only God knows how much I want my golden PPR email..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:09pm On Dec 14, 2018
Please you just have to take hrt dear. Let the challenge make you stronger like many of us here b4 now and rest assured u shall have d last laugh
Erigo23:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 6:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
Love your zeal. It will end in praise surely
ojsamuel:
Finally gathered enough strength to post my result.

Listening 7.5

Speaking 6.5

Reading 7.5

Writing 7.0

Would have risked a remark if I had 8 in listening as I'm highly optimistic my speaking would come out positive. The writing I thought I messed up with came out fine.

Uhmmmmm. Different strokes for different folks.

Na to refire, no retreat.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MJ888: 6:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mummychichi:
My dear Family,

Overall Band:

Listening:

Reading:

Writing:

Speaking:

That devil discouraging you is a liar. My suggestion is remark Writing and Speaking or take the test again. I see your fourth attempt as your last. Stay strong...

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sinie: 6:22pm On Dec 14, 2018
Erigo23:
� lemme just stop typing I’ve been crying since morning.

Oh dear!!!!!

Please don't hold back the tears, cry out all the tears then take a deep breath and compose yourself

Resolve in your heart not to give up, failure is not an option. Whether 3 or 10 times, YOU MUST DEFEAT IELTS. no matter what it takes

I wish you the best of luck. Cheers...

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Donelli: 6:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
joo2018:
Sorry, but the Q is best answered here: https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs

The main requirement is generally if your occupation is in demand.
Correct guy cool
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 6:37pm On Dec 14, 2018
Thanks joo2018
joo2018:
1. Not mandatory.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rijo02: 6:45pm On Dec 14, 2018
According to the VFS tracker, my wifes passport has been sent from the Accra VO to VAC yesterday. My wife called VFS Lagos and was told that it takes between 5-7 days when the tracking updates to collection.

My question:
Please when someone notices from VFS tracking that his/her passport has been sent from the Accra VO to VFS. How long does it usually take for the passport to be ready for collection (even without VFS email or text notification)?. We are aware of the delay from VFS in updating stuff. Would it be ready but the system has not sent out the pickup mail?

Actually, we are in a tight corner as we have reserved a flight for Thursday. About to make payment hoping that the passport can be picked up by Monday. Any suggestions?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:57pm On Dec 14, 2018
Rijo02:
According to the VFS tracker, my wifes passport has been sent from the Accra VO to VAC yesterday. My wife called VFS Lagos and was told that it takes between 5-7 days when the tracking updates to collection.

My question:
Please when someone notices from VFS tracking that his/her passport has been sent from the Accra VO to VFS. How long does it usually take for the passport to be ready for collection (even without VFS email or text notification)?. We are aware of the delay from VFS in updating stuff. Would it be ready but the system has not sent out the pickup mail?

Actually, we are in a tight corner as we have reserved a flight for Thursday. About to make payment hoping that the passport can be picked up by Monday. Any suggestions?
grin grin grin you are taking no prisoners.
It would be in her hands before Thursday for sure

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2018
smslive2:
Excuse me What did i just read here? i am not understanding. shocked shocked shocked

I didn't understand too. Maybe as our senior, u can shed more light on this for us
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 7:10pm On Dec 14, 2018
Mummychichi:
My dear Family,

Overall Band:

Listening:

Reading:

Writing:

Speaking:

You can and you will but please start with a remark for writing. You are closer than you think..... It's not by giving up

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 7:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
Erigo23:
Hey brother, I read this and it almost moved me to tears but be rest assured that you are not alone in this. I finished ECA a couple of months back but have not entered the pool or received ITA. Ask me why? That's cos am still battling with IELTs, I actually have a remark in progress. Am i discouraged? Sure.... Will I give up? Oh no. There is no going back on this journey except Canada decides to close it's doors which I don't foresee

25 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 7:31pm On Dec 14, 2018
TSL:

I heard writing ielts with IDP is easier to pass instead of British council. Its like british council does random marking coz of the imcreasing number of people writing these days. I know someone who had been getting low ielts score after many trials and then tried that of IDP and finally got the scores he wanted. check out their website.

https://www.idp.com/global/ielts/
Are you marketing or advertising for MOD? All you said is based on mere speculations...How will an organization like BC be doing random marking when it's not remark. This is pure defamation and not acceptable. Let people decide which way they want to ply and not by slandering

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by prettysussie: 7:55pm On Dec 14, 2018
Erigo23:

Stay with BC, with practice reading becomes easier.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Erigo23: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
Richness1104:

Hey brother, I read this and it almost moved me to tears but be rest assured that you are not alone in this. I finished ECA a couple of months back but have not entered the pool or received ITA. Ask me why? That's cos am still battling with IELTs, I actually have a remark in progress. Am i discouraged? Sure.... Will I give up? Oh no. There is no going back on this journey except Canada decides to close it's doors which I don't foresee

Thanks for the encouragement. May God help us all. I’m a sister �

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Erigo23: 7:59pm On Dec 14, 2018
prettysussie:

Stay with BC, with practice reading becomes easier.

I think so too.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amica26: 8:20pm On Dec 14, 2018
Erigo23:

Awwwww embarassed I am so sorry about the way feel and what your going through. It will end in praise. Be strong.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by hiiphy: 8:25pm On Dec 14, 2018
How can one improve on writing? Had 6.5 twice now? Any tip pls

I think so too. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 8:50pm On Dec 14, 2018
Watching IELTS scores and the frustration i just wish to say to all.

No going back - Even the bible says He that puts forth his hands to the plow and turns back is not fit for the Kingdom.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP.

Today @olha had Victory after 8th attempts - I can imagine the joy and the relief . Imagine if he/she gave up after the 7th attepmt we would not have seen this great testimony. We would not have seen the Glory in the story - all we would have seen was 7 defeats [/b]not knowing that the Victory was on the [b]8th attepmt.

I am not saying you would write 9 times but please do not give up.

Today as well my bestie's wife who is the PA got their victory after 5 attempts and she is pregnant. Even the husband was telling her to just give it a break but after the last exam in November which she failed again she said she must write again - she wrote on the 1st of December and the rest is history.

Just as you are about to give up there are some people out there who are even scared to write their first because of fear of failure.

Well let me tell you today alone we have had many first time acers- who says you cant be part of that glorious lot. @Chirolechick a good example.

So yes its painful please cry and cry but wipe your tears.

Pick a date and go again.

Dont just go again - analyse your weak areas and work rigourously at then. Dont forget to keep strenghten the areas you get good marks so they dont come down ( thats another area people make mistakes they stop practising the areas they get good grades and that can fail you when the weak areas are now okay).

Enough resources have been shared on this thread to help you get the mark you desire.

Above all get God involved.

You shall overcome and we shall celebrate with you.

For all those who got their desired scores today. Congratulations unto the next level.

Je m'appelle RAMJ

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Talking(m): 9:00pm On Dec 14, 2018
Congratulations to the people that aced IELTS. The rest of the journey will be smooth for you.

For those who couldn't make it this time, you would next time. If you got a 6.5 in WRITING and are sure that you did the tasks well, go for a remark, else, register for a new test. If you missed out in either of LISTENING or READING, the chances of getting it upgraded is very slim, like 1% success rate. So I'd advise that you register for a new test.

Three of my students got great scores this time and it was their 1st experience. (LRWS - 8.5/8.5/9, 9/9/8.5, 7/7/7, 8/7.5/7.5).

Looking forward to the results of others writing tomorrow.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Donacanada: 9:06pm On Dec 14, 2018
My people, see me o. IELTS first attempt
I was hoping to max out, but IELTS obviously has other plans for me.
L 9
R 8.5
S 8
W 7.
I am the PA o. With only B.Sc. What to do....with this writing.
I honestly am tired of this country. Seems like I have to do something else to increase my CRS score. I dont know if i can be patient for another 1 year or more for additional degree. And I hated French in secondary school. How I go do?

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by opella(f): 9:12pm On Dec 14, 2018
opella:
@DrMrsCK, dezzydon, Travelbunny007, Mr Teeo, mapleking, mumtotheBeloved, njbybrthnly,KingAEle, markmp01 and any other December 12 ITA recipient, what do you think about creating a whatsapp group to help eachother with any confusing aspect of the application?

https://chat. whatsapp.com/HLyU4lXFvWk0skiwrwsPTc

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Amica26: 9:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
Talking:
Congratulations to the people that aced IELTS. The rest of the journey will be smooth for you.

For those who couldn't make it this time, you would next time. If you got a 6.5 in WRITING and are sure that you did the tasks well, go for a remark, else, register for a new test. If you missed out in either of LISTENING or READING, the chances of getting it upgraded is very slim, like 1% success rate. So I'd advise that you register for a new test.

Three of my students got great scores this time and it was their 1st experience. (LRWS - 8.5/8.5/9, 9/9/8.5, 7/7/7, 8/7.5/7.5).

Looking forward to the results of others writing tomorrow.

You teach IELTS? Please where are you based?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 9:27pm On Dec 14, 2018
if i tell you i dont know the feeling then am a liar, the ECA of my spouse and I will b a yr old this month and next month respectively... ielts had bn dealing with itself all through this year, am a victim of it yes 3 attempts with deficit of 0.5 in listening (3times ooo), you have gone too far to quit. prayer works and it'll definitely end in praise. the bold is never wasted, have spent 600euros on those attempts, its not easy but believe me this phase will pass. stay strong and dont rush taking the test, get over this moment before registering. God'll supply your needs..

Erigo23:

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MrTeeo: 9:40pm On Dec 14, 2018
DrMrsCK:

Create the group and drop the link

I support
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 9:41pm On Dec 14, 2018
Sometimes the way ielts victory sweets my soul is more than PPR cox i understand how it feels to cross that lane...congratulations to everyone that passed the ielts hurdle today, and to those that are aiming remark, please go for it with faith it will come out positive Gods grace and if u have to retake it, dont give up cox victory is not far from you. las las na praise go end am smiley

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:48pm On Dec 14, 2018
Donacanada:
My people, see me o. IELTS first attempt
I was hoping to max out, but IELTS obviously has other plans for me.
L 9
R 8.5
S 8
W 7.
I am the PA o. With only B.Sc. What to do....with this writing.
I honestly am tired of this country. Seems like I have to do something else to increase my CRS score. I dont know if i can be patient for another 1 year or more for additional degree. And I hated French in secondary school. How I go do?
Congratulations!! You better unhate french now grin

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:49pm On Dec 14, 2018
Ramj:
Watching IELTS scores and the frustration i just wish to say to all.

No going back - Even the bible says He that puts forth his hands to the plow and turns back is not fit for the Kingdom.

PLEASE DO NOT GIVE UP.

Today @ol.ha had Victory after 8th attempts - I can imagine the joy and the relief . Imagine if he/she gave up after the 7th attepmt we would not have seen this great testimony. We would not have seen the Glory in the story - all we would have seen was 7 defeats [/b]not knowing that the Victory was on the [b]8th attepmt.

I am not saying you would write 9 times but please do not give up.

Today as well my bestie's wife who is the PA got their victory after 5 attempts and she is pregnant. Even the husband was telling her to just give it a break but after the last exam in November which she failed again she said she must write again - she wrote on the 1st of December and the rest is history.

Just as you are about to give up there are some people out there who are even scared to write their first because of fear of failure.

Well let me tell you today alone we have had many first time acers- who says you cant be part of that glorious lot. @Chirolec.hick a good example.

So yes its painful please cry and cry but wipe your tears.

Pick a date and go again.

Dont just go again - analyse your weak areas and work rigourously at then. Dont forget to keep strenghten the areas you get good marks so they dont come down ( thats another area people make mistakes they stop practising the areas they get good grades and that can fail you when the weak areas are now okay).

Enough resources have been shared on this thread to help you get the mark you desire.

Above all get God involved.

You shall overcome and we shall celebrate with you.

For all those who got their desired scores today. Congratulations unto the next level.

Je m'appelle RAMJ

Je m'appelle sense will not kill you
Congratulations to your bestie

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by awos90: 10:17pm On Dec 14, 2018
awos90:
What a great news to start a day!!

IELTS done and dusted after 3 attempts!!!

MOD 1st Dec.
L- 8.5
R- 8.5
S- 7.5
W- 7

Still crying, I can't type anything now. Much details later!!

Thank you God!!!

Finally IELTS is gone!!

1st Attempt: MOD (18/08/2018) LRWS - 7.5, 6.5, 6.5, 7

2nd Attempt: MOD (08/09/2018) LRWS - 7.5, 6, 7, 7

3rd & Final Attempt: MOD (01/12/2018) LRWS - 8.5, 8.5, 7, 7.5

The breakthrough result!!

In all, na God o. I give thanks to God.

CRS now stands at 445. Waiting for NTI to verify my result so that I can jump into the pool.

My son was 4months old when I started preparing in June 2018 and I also have a 3years old daughter. I work 9-5 job.

I started saying the prayer of St. Joseph of Cupertino for Success in Examinations a week to the exams and I continued reciting it after the exams.

I believe in the prayer and it worked for me.

LESSON: Just keep trying and don't give up... Our eyes should be on the GOAL.

22 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.