Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,649 members, 7,809,456 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:57 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (201) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819657 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by COPR: 11:06am On Dec 15, 2018
TrudeausGirl:
Hi guys. I've been a silent reader for a while now. I'm currently at 440 with a LRWS 9,7.5,7.5,7.5 I'm worried draws will not drop to the 440 range anymore with the high numbers that dive in the pool daily. Should I ask for a remark in Reading? I might get lucky and get 443 if it comes back with an upgrade. 46k is a lotta money to gamble away...

Ask for a remark in RWS to increase your chances of not losing the 46k.

Best of luck.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by COPR: 11:12am On Dec 15, 2018
Chicagomum:
Please i got 7.5 in speaking is there any need to ask for a remark? I am remarking writing.

Seniors please let me know if there is a need to remark speaking since I am remarking writing.

Thank you.

Yes, there is a need. Though no extra points if your Speaking increases. But if your writing returns unchanged and speaking increases, you will get a refund. So remark writing and speaking.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Influential101: 11:22am On Dec 15, 2018
@ Chicagomum, I'm curious as to why you want to remark your writing when you said your husband is the PA and will be rewriting IELTS because of his score in Listening...

Do you really need the additional 2marks you may get from remarking? ? You're an accompanying spouse and can only add two points if your writing changes to 7.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 11:24am On Dec 15, 2018
@josefuadjr: I totally agree with u but with a holistic view & from testimonies we've read, the assertions is very close to the truth.
@ifeoma: you're very right ma, in fact in my last exam with MOD, there is this guy who sat adjacent to me, I tell u he can't construct a simple sentence correctly & you know what, he came to the hall just to disturb others & cheat. I had to give him a bad face b4 he left me alone. For my mind, I smiled & said u go write IELTS tire. He contacted me after his result was released & he had LRWS: 5.5, 4, 4, 5.5. That said, I will never subscribe that some1 who ace the other three components "beautifully" cannot pass Writing. No no no!
Let me add this funny one too, during my 2nd attempt, I met a lady during speaking test and her hubby decided to give me a ride. On our way, I discovered the wifey is d only one writing the test, I inquired from the hubby why he's not writing and he answered "God forbid,
I had masters in Architecture and I know my worth, I cannot allow one IELTS be disgrace me cos I can't imagine myself writing it and in the end they told me I failed(lol)". He said his wife & kid shld go while he will be visiting them.
Ifeoma77:
@wasseynewest, some people have failed multiple times in MOD and aced writing in BC
Secondly, both organisations share examiners
Not saying that you don't have a point, but it's a bit more complicated than just writing off BC totally

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 11:44am On Dec 15, 2018
Imarama:
Thank you Ifeoma

Married
Age. 34
ECA Done- Masters
IELTS. R-7.5, W- 7, L-8, R-7.5
SPOUSE- Not accompanying/ Also no IELTS/ECA.
Family Size-3
How much will I bring to Canada-20,000CAD
Work History- Jan2009 till date. I have progressed thru my career from Early Childhood Assistant to Deputy Head of School. All NOCs are 0&A. How best do you think I should present this? Use 1 NOC to account for 6yrs and over?
Spouse work experience. NOC B over 10 years

No Canadian degree or experience.
No provincial nominee
No Canadian job offer
No relative in Canada except if Cousin is applicable

I hope it's detailed enough for correct CRS calculation.
Kind Regards Ifeoma

I love this newbie...@Imarama

This is a starter on this journey who obviously has done a significant research about this Canadian hustle personally. He/She is a good example worthy of emulation.

I'm proud of you and I am sure we'll read about your PPR news here soon.

Keep researching and digging out more info to aid your decision making per time at every stage of this journey. By the time your family will land, the art of researching and info hunting would have become second nature. (Believe me, that skill will come handy and save you alot of headaches) grin

It will end in praise IJN!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:48am On Dec 15, 2018
wasseynewest:
@josefuadjr: I totally agree with u but with a holistic view & from testimonies we've read, the assertions is very close to the truth.
@ifeoma: you're very right ma, in fact in my last exam with MOD, there is this guy who sat adjacent to me, I tell u he can't construct a simple sentence correctly & you know what, he came to the hall just to disturb others & cheat. I had to give him a bad face b4 he left me alone. For my mind, I smiled & said u go write IELTS tire. He contacted me after his result was released & he had LRWS: 5.5, 4, 4, 5.5. That said, I will never subscribe that some1 who ace the other three components "beautifully" cannot pass Writing. No no no!
Let me add this funny one too, during my 2nd attempt, I met a lady during speaking test and her hubby decided to give me a ride. On our way, I discovered the wifey is d only one writing the test, I inquired from the hubby why he's not writing and he answered "God forbid,
I had masters in Architecture and I know my worth, I cannot allow one IELTS be disgrace me cos I can't imagine myself writing it and in the end they told me I failed(lol)". He said his wife & kid shld go while he will be visiting them.
And the architect doesn't know he may have to help his family to get going with ielts and ECA either as PA or accompanying spouse and come back to his Nigeria. Now, the poor woman may be struggling all by herself.

You may be shocked he needed only functional level. Again some folks who have passed after re-registering could still honor the exams to help neighbors. Is that still village people!?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by floydmayweather: 11:58am On Dec 15, 2018
Hello Everyone.

Having stumble on this thread, I want to say special thanks to the active posters on this thread. After crossing the ielts hurdle, my CRS score has jumped to 457 from 397. I cant wait to dive into the pool and do a micheal phelps. However, I am planning to settle down my fiance next year (earliest possibilty is February 2019).

Although, we both planning to migration together as she plan to do ielts and ECA bearing her single name. My concern is should i wait for us to get married and use our marriage certificate to get her a new passport, or she can proceed to writing her ielts; and ECA as a single before I proceed to the pool as the primary applicant.

Please what IRCC statement of view about this.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
ontarioissauga:

And the architect doesn't know he may have to help his family to get going with ielts and ECA either as PA or accompanying spouse and come back to his Nigeria. Now, the poor woman may be struggling all by herself.
As in!!! I just weak! The guy defines the word 'A**hat'

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 12:07pm On Dec 15, 2018
rukayato:
Dear Seniors, please help with a sample of LOE. Thanks in anticipation
You don't need a sample for LOE. Write your explanations in your own words and in as few sentences as you can manage. No sample will capture the unique issue you want to address

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:14pm On Dec 15, 2018
floydmayweather:
Hello Everyone.

Having stumble on this thread, I want to say special thanks to the active posters on this thread. After crossing the ielts hurdle, my CRS score has jumped to 457 from 397. I cant wait to dive into the pool and do a micheal phelps. However, I am planning to settle down my fiance next year (earliest possibilty is February 2019).

Although, we both planning to migration together as she plan to do ielts and ECA bearing her single name. My concern is should i wait for us to get married and use our marriage certificate to get her a new passport, or she can proceed to writing her ielts; and ECA as a single before I proceed to the pool as the primary applicant.

She must not change name, must not change her passport. She must not do ielts. She must not do ECA.

She can stil do her own thingy and IRCC emerge una apps later after alerting them.

With your 457,get the ITA, submit and marry her. You add her at any time before jetting off and do the rest.

You can read up threads and on page 1s especially.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 12:19pm On Dec 15, 2018
soulhighman:

Now I'm scared. I did my NYSC in a university. My HOD is the one writing my reference letter and he would be using the university's letter head. This your post scares me right now.

And no, I wasn't trying to act smart. I was only trying to follow the CIC format as seen on their website and so I put ensured I included the instructions in the email I sent to him plus the links to CIC website.

I am not sure if the letterhead will state the department cos it is like a college/faculty on his own. It is where they run their foundation program for pre-degree students.

So my question is this, if it is like that, does that mean there will be nothing to be afraid of? Since he is the head.

The University system is different from other general companies and banks as advised.

In my humble opinion (IMHO), I verily believe that a university don in the capacity of an HOD/Dean can issue you your reference letter and it will fly with CIC. If I were in your shoes, I won't break a sweat.

Universities dons are respected world over and their references (even in their personal capacities much less as a Dean/HOD) are not taken lightly in most institutions around the world.

It will end in praise IJN!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 12:31pm On Dec 15, 2018
And our "Ontario" has just given u the juiciest advise bro. Please read back to about 30pages back. I think someone did this recently.
Grab it and save yourself whole lot of stress and expenses......smiles
ontarioissauga:

She must not change name, must not change her passport. She must not do ielts. She must not do ECA.

She can stil do her own thingy and IRCC emerge u a later after alerting them.

With your 457,get the ITA, submit and marry her. You add her at any time before jetting off and do the rest.

You can read up threads and on page 1s especially.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 12:39pm On Dec 15, 2018
wasseynewest:
Dear Richness, I don't think this is defamation but a show of concern towards seeking a better alternative solution. Am sure none of us is happy with the saddening stories from our IELTS takers, especially those of us who've been in their shoes before. Of course many will continue to write with BC but we must be sincere with ourselves that BC causes more harm than MOD. I have alwz loved life because of the opportunities it presents, and I don't think it's a bad idea to try out Bank B if Bank A is accruing more charges/interest without yielding the required service/result.
Whether we like it or not, MOD test markers are still merciful than BC and that's the simple truth. I was helpless watching my wife depressed from BC(4x)
in those days and I also cried myself. How can you say some1 scored 998 & continue to have 6/6.5 in writing? & it's not even once or 2x.Hell no!
But guess what, the moment I switched to MOD and aced the "almighty" Writing at first attempt, I immediately felt inside me that there marking is better and knew I will make it in my 2nd attempt which is exactly what happened.
Please, just visit BC office in Ikoyi & i assure you'll see many candidates yelling abuses at them right in their faces that they are marking rubbish and failing people in Writing intentionally. Yes, some1 has once said I am too emotional but when it's comes to this matter of life & survival, I can & will even be over emotional 'cos I see this as the opportunity for many of us to escape from this country full of deceit & without bearing. But believe me this BC "gra gra" is because MOD is only in Lagos & Abuja for now. Let them spread out some more and see people switch some more, or another exam body comes in.
Of course people can choose to write with whoever they want but I believe telling ourselves the truth & guiding ourselves right is what this platform is all about and in this case, it's simply what we have done.
B4 my powerful seniors begin say we are wasting pages, make I rest my fingers(lols)

I yam dey for ya back on this matter.

My people I never allowed MrsRamj to write with BC.

This journey informatics is very importantful - dont mine my Inglish I no write IELTS( as if thats what make me a good user of the language)

I took time to analyse the two organization event though then MOD were just gaining ground but once again the more you read the more you learn.

And by objective observation I concluded never with British Council and that was it.

Something is definitely wrong somewhere somehow someway whateverway with British Council marking of IELTS Writing and I will say it again and again and again

No doubt many people still approach IELTS unprepared; like sebii na just English exam and essay but MY NL PEOPLE more and more people are aware and there are more than enough resources now. Yet 6.5 seems like a glass ceiling.

Anyway like Alagba @wasseynewest said you can write anywhere. I know people still dey pass for BC too obviously people will pass.

But for me oooo @Ramj, i no gree something is just not right.

Je m'appelle BritishCouncilMOD

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:43pm On Dec 15, 2018
Influential101:
@ Chicagomum, I'm curious as to why you want to remark your writing when you said your husband is the PA and will be rewriting IELTS because of his score in Listening...

Do you really need the additional 2marks you may get from remarking? ? You're an accompanying spouse and can only add two points if your writing changes to 7.
The thing beats me too.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 12:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
floydmayweather:
Hello Everyone.

If not because of that your name I for just say go to page 1.

Mayweather prepares well for his fight thats why he is The Floyd we all admire. Pardon my directness.

Since you have CRS of 457.

Enter the pool as single. get your ITA as single and submit your application as single.

Please dont put your fiance ( i now she is very beautiful) Dont allow IELTS stain her beauty.

SO after you submit your application as a single which i expect should be before your wedding.

Then get married afterwhich you raise a Case Specific Enquiry with CIC that me oo my name on NL is @FloydMayWeatherthefake and i have just got married.

Them CIC would now request for documentation for your wife (marriage certificate, her passport and Medicals and PCC and also updated POF documentation too among other things.

So thats it.

She wont need IELTS or ECA because once u submit like that your application CRS would be locked and wont be recalculated on ground of marriage.

Je m'appelle floydmayweatherRamj

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 12:53pm On Dec 15, 2018
Mapleking:
Good morning Fam,

I need advise on the following.

1. I just realised my daughter's birth certificate has an extra name not on her international passport.
Is there a need to change the birth certificate or it does not matter?

2. On the same cetificate, my name and spouse name was shortened instead of using full name. For example. Segun is on the birth certificate and Olusegun is on the father's passport. Do I need to do a "one and the same" affidavit

3. My Bsc certificate did not include my middle name, although WES evaluated without an issue. Do I need the "one and the same" affidavit

1. No need to do anything if you can get another BC or Attestation of birth then okay.

2. Self and same Okay but honestly I might not bother - as they say better safe than sorry so shoot

3. Shoot too

Je m'appelle Name

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by TEECANN: 12:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
Mummychichi:
My dear Family,

I don't think I can do this again. 3rd attempt

Overall Band:

Listening:

Reading:

Writing:

Speaking:

OPEN MEMO TO @MummyChiChi and pretty everyone (especially married folks) planning to throw in the IELTS towel

I want to start by saying I understand and know the emotions behind this journey and first of all, I acknowledge your feeling of despair after all the weeks of quiet prep, staying back after work to prep, meeting up with friends to get a hang of this whole test. etc, and still not clearing it as desired.

But let me add quickly, take the time you need to do a soul searching, by all means, meditate about the bad outing BUT find the inner strength to look the IELTS logo in the face and say to it- "I WILL TAKE YOU AS ANOTHER CHALLENGE THAT I HAVE WILL HAVE TO FACE IN THIS COUNTRY AND OVERCOME YOU BY GOD'S GRACE WITH ALL THAT I HAVE WITHIN ME...MAKING YOU IELTS AMONGST THE LAST BATCH OF CHALLENGES I WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH IN THIS COUNTRY"

Whilst at it, don't quickly jump into the next test, leave like a month and use this period to overhaul your strategy especially for the troublesome paper- Writing. Search for all the info you can get on how to tackle the paper and sieve all the info to arrive at what will work for you. Test run the different parts of your finalized strategy like your life depends on it (infact alot depend on it), you can't afford to be slaggy about it. Don't give yourself excuses...

For my defining IELTS that got me our ITA, I remember that I wrote the LRSW score that I desire from God on a plain paper and pasted it on my dressing wardrobe, where I saw it every morning whilst dressing up for work, a glance at the desired score triggers a drive in my head that says..."you are not coming back to this house until you have done an extra 2-3 hours of quality strategy refining (you call it study) cos IELTS for me is really not a test of English but test of hints, tips and a well honed strategy to surmount the test of English ultimately. I stayed back to use all the online resources previously discussed here to test run my strategies for L, R, S, W until I somewhat-ly felt I am beginning to get a hang of it.

This strategy must be flowing in your "bloodstream" and as the exam gets nearer to the D-day, if they wake you up from sleep, you can't afford to call "G" an "A", it must be that very clear in your mind what you need to deploy from your strategy as per what they serve you on the test day.

Of course it's a whole lot of conscious effort and hard work, but as the saying goes- no pain, no gain!

I am saying this especially for the married folks here who are planning to give up, you can't afford to, if for nothing but for the sake of those precious kids...this country gat no plan for them.(You wont appreciate how bad the situation is until you really step out of here, including the so called private schools. who is regulating the sector? Who is teaching our kids? Where are they trained? We cant give what we don't what have na. If you have friends and family with kids in Canada, call them up once in a while and ask them to tell you how their kids are faring against when they were in Nigeria. You won't give up oooo!!

Just try a bit more, push a little further, encourage yourself...for all you know, you are just an exam away from your success breakthrough...

NB: Between me and my wife (though it was small) we had 4 attempts...

It will ALL definitely end in praises IJN!

28 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 1:12pm On Dec 15, 2018
My bad: an ADR you could avoid- IMM5475 or IMM5475e
While filling my pre-ITA profile, I ticked the option for a representative to have access to my file, in this case, my cousin. After getting the ITA, I choose the option not to give access to my application to anybody, with the hope that I wouldn't have to fill any form, thereby making the application simple.
Well, I submitted the application. Mind you, I have given two different answers Pre-ITA and post-ITA.
After MEP, I got an ADR for IMM5475e to either allow someone else to have access to my application or not(which I thought I avoided all the way), I completed the form and submitted, after which I got BIL.
Summarily, if you have anytime in your application chosen someone to represent you, just fill the imm5475e to avoid unnecessary ADR.
ADR status has been saying they're reviewing it for about 3 weeks now.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 1:34pm On Dec 15, 2018
Kai, bros.

You really need to start copying the relevant case OP.

like this - cc: @floydmayweather

wasseynewest:
And our "Ontario" has just given u the juiciest advise bro. Please read back to about 30pages back. I think someone did this recently.
Grab it and save yourself whole lot of stress and expenses......smiles
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 1:36pm On Dec 15, 2018
Josefuadjr:
@wasseynewest

I think this BC na scam thing is cringe worthy. And yes one can get 999 and still get a 6.5 in writing because it is totally different. You're scored on a totally different parameter, you read facebook comments and even some posts here and you understand why someone can score 6.5 in writing repeatedly.

I strongly think this is subtle defamation if you keep repeating that BC is a scam, I mean people switch to MOD and still fail, what then is the reason behind that?
Being objective is key. Someone can't say they do random marking and think that's not defamation. Am not saying people don't fail but really not worth condemning for. I try to be logical

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Swtibogirl88: 1:50pm On Dec 15, 2018
I need a study partner. I stay in Asaba. My test date is on the 5th...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephzibah17: 1:59pm On Dec 15, 2018
Hello Everyone, I have been a silent member for a while now, and I must commend you all. The encouragement is top notch. Please guys, I kindly need someone from ABSU/Absumsa urgently. Thanks for everything.... May God help us all.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Travelbunny007: 2:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
opella:
@DrMrsCK, dezzydon, Travelbunny007, Mr Teeo, mapleking, mumtotheBeloved, njbybrthnly,KingAEle, markmp01 and any other December 12 ITA recipient, what do you think about creating a whatsapp group to help eachother with any confusing aspect of the application?

I'm very much in support of this please.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 2:53pm On Dec 15, 2018
Richness1104:

Being objective is key. Someone can't say they do random marking and think that's not defamation. Am not saying people don't fail but really not worth condemning for. I try to be logical

It's so painful and he says it with so much certainty. No polls, no sample size, no experiment. Sheer rumours. When we still have people who passed with BC and some who failed with MOD, if anything, I believe the extra preparation one has made prior to the switch to MOD is actually responsible for the success and not the mere move to MOD.

What's the basis for random marking? It's not like you'll pay your staff half when they mark randomly, from the business side, why would you pay salaries for a shoddy job? How will you even have that round table meeting, 'let's mark people down for the fun of it'.

And new readers are just going to take that home: 'BC na scam'. Haba embarassed

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Dec 15, 2018
Josefuadjr:

It's so painful and he says it with so much certainty. No polls, no sample size, no experiment. Sheer rumours. When we still have people who passed with BC and some who failed with MOD, if anything, I believe the extra preparation one has made prior to the switch to MOD is actually responsible for the success and not the mere move to MOD.

What's the basis for random marking? It's not like you'll pay your staff half when they mark randomly, from the business side, why would you pay salaries for a shoddy job? How will you even have that round table meeting, 'let's mark people down for the fun of it'.

And new readers are just going to take that home: 'BC na scam'. Haba embarassed
Tho I like the fact you scrutinize what is being said, it’s just that he feels that BC does this to have monetary gain, don’t forget they have to still make profit at the end of the day, so never rule out anything. Emotions can get to you when you see you have squandered half a million and no positive results to show for it, so don’t entirely blame him, No one can hit the nail on the head yet, but BC ain’t making people have hope in their marking. That’s all... I am still in the IELTS stage I will give my experience after I pass this stage.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 3:02pm On Dec 15, 2018
Today's IELTS ehhh...
Infact, Jesus take the wheel.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by damzy88: 3:32pm On Dec 15, 2018
zannie:
Today's IELTS ehhh...
Infact, Jesus take the wheel.
Hope you will be able to get your desired score?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 3:46pm On Dec 15, 2018
damzy88:

I pray so too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 3:55pm On Dec 15, 2018
damzy88:

Which kain kweshion be that.
We need encouragement..

Je m'appelle DuCourage

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 4:03pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ifeanyinuel:
Good morning seniors. Please I need advice concerning showing proof of funds.
The director of my company promised to assist me with some money to make up my settlement funds.
Can anyone aside from family member provide you with a gift?

Yes. Execute a gift deed (GD). State the relationship between you and the donor. Notarize the GD.
Sample GD format is copiously available on the thread.

That's all you need. No need to complicate issues.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by floydmayweather: 4:04pm On Dec 15, 2018
Thanks for the advise..

I think i need to drop my ielts story as I feel some people will motivated and get their desired score.

Background : I am not a lover of english bother professionally and in my day to day interaction. I failed 2 attempts of ielts writing through BC. So I figured out listening and writing were my major challenge, as I did not even practise well during those attempt.

Strategy : For my third attempt i registered with MOD given myself one month of preparation. Then i solved through the Cambridge 1-13 test. I must confess that is harder than the real exam.

I brushed up on other writing; using liz and Jay video.

Test day 12/01/2018 : I maintained 100% attention and was able to pick out the answer ( I will say this was partly due to a cool environment as we were just 21 candidate for the exam (IDP Kano).

For writing : task one was what i could relate to. I ensured i did not miss out any area on the outline of the task. For section 2, I notice i did not have vocabulary to start changing word but i did not miss any of this steps.

1. Define or recap the issue you were ask to talk about.

2. Take a clear position in summary or listing (supporting view, advantages etc)

3. Buttress on the one you not supporting in summary or listing (opposing view, disadvantages)

4. Pick out 2 and 3 and explain in details with examples.

5. Reaffirm you position ( conclusion).

This gave me a 7 in writing. I hope this can inspire someone not to give up .

It shall end in praise

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by damzy88: 4:23pm On Dec 15, 2018
Ramj:

Which kain kweshion be that.
We need encouragement..

Je m'appelle DuCourage
Au revior grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.