Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,188 members, 7,811,481 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (820224 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mummychichi: 5:30am On Dec 16, 2018
Reelee:

Whenever you intend to re-write, please inform me so I can add a little to the cost of the exam. You can send me a private mail. Thanks

@erigo23, same here. Let me know when you're ready. Cheers

13 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:12am On Dec 16, 2018
BoboXIV:
Evening all,

I need a quick clarification re dates of validity for medical certificates and I presume for police reports as well.

Just noticed that the status on our application has moved form “Medicals Passed” back to “you do not need a medical exam”

Our AOR is Feb 22nd, so going on 10 months now. (Yes, yes, I know �)

The logical explanation is that, this is because of our medical reports that expired on 13th Dec. The “hopeful” one is that it’s a “ghost update” and the PPR is round the corner.

I’d like to know if one needs to go do a new set of Medicals or is there a chance that they will use their “church” mind and extend the validity of the medical certificate �

Same situation with Police Report..do we need to start getting new ones?

Thanks as you answer...

A fellow matured mind

BoboXIV
It is their call, it is mature. PCC is off this.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:18am On Dec 16, 2018
brainy4oli:

I have been hearing this advice a lot, about applying before marrying to get PPR for both spouses, obviating the need for ECA, IELTS or even the Application & PR processing fee (which are normally paid for 2 people when a married couple applies). If this is completely true, it saves a whole lot.
But I want someone who has done this and got PPR for his or her dependent spouse to confirm if the Visas issued to both of them were exactly the same (Permanent Residency Visas). One thing is getting PPR for both spouses, but another thing is what visas were stamped in their both passports.

Someone please educate us o, before people enter one chance, and at the end of the day their partners are given something like a 'Visiting Visa/Spousal Visa or something like that, pending when the partner can apply themself as Primary applicant (don't forget that in that CRS tool, there is a place where they ask if your spouse is a Canadian Permanent Resident or a Canadian citizen).

The reason I am asking is that, if it is not the same 'Permanent Residency Visa' that is given to the dependent spouse at the end of the day (of course we know the benefits of being a PR as opposed to other visas), then it is better for a dependent fiance(é) to do all the necessary ECA and IELTS and marry the Principal applicant before the latter applies.

Am I making sense?
Everything is correct save you must pay the visa fee and RPRF for the added spouse. They must do medicals, police report, upload passport Biodata page etc. No ECA, no ielts! PR visa and COPR issued to both spouses.

Some PAs gather all the needed points and spare their spouses the troubles of ECA and IELTS. You forget?

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mamsvee: 6:27am On Dec 16, 2018
Mamsvee:
Good evening house, please can my work experience during NYSC be used to apply for express entry as it falls in NOC A. My NYSC was 2014. I am actually working as a teller in the bank and tried asking for a reference letter ahead just to be sure the NOC I can choose but the duties listed is difficult to place in NOC O, A or B and HR is not ready to change any information? I am confused and don't know what to do?
Still expecting a reply?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchihasasuke19: 6:30am On Dec 16, 2018
brainy4oli:

I have been hearing this advice a lot, about applying before marrying to get PPR for both spouses, obviating the need for ECA, IELTS. If this is completely true, it saves a whole lot.
But I want someone who has done this and got PPR for his or her dependent spouse to confirm if the Visas issued to both of them were exactly the same (Permanent Residency Visas). One thing is getting PPR for both spouses, but another thing is what visas were stamped in their both passports.

Someone please educate us o, before people enter one chance, and at the end of the day their partners are given something like a 'Visiting Visa/Spousal Visa or something like that, pending when the partner can apply themself as Primary applicant (don't forget that in that CRS tool, there is a place where they ask if your spouse is a Canadian Permanent Resident or a Canadian citizen).

The reason I am asking is that, if it is not the same 'Permanent Residency Visa' that is given to the dependent spouse at the end of the day (of course we know the benefits of being a PR as opposed to other visas), then it is better for a dependent fiance(é) to do all the necessary ECA and IELTS and marry the Principal applicant before the latter applies.

Am I making sense?

If I were you, I will apply as single as advised.. And still ask fiancee to do ECA and IELTS if possible. So if needed in the future it will be handy..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:57am On Dec 16, 2018
brainy4oli:

I have been hearing this advice a lot, about applying before marrying to get PPR for both spouses, obviating the need for ECA, IELTS. If this is completely true, it saves a whole lot.
But I want someone who has done this and got PPR for his or her dependent spouse to confirm if the Visas issued to both of them were exactly the same (Permanent Residency Visas). One thing is getting PPR, but another thing is what visas were stamped in their both passports.

Am I making sense?
That is why people's stories are linked on page 1. Go and start reading the PPR stories from part 1 till date and you'll see all those who got married after AOR. You'll even find the one who got married after receiving his COPR (but not landed yet).
After reading their stories and you still have doubts, you can PM each one and ask for pics of the spouses' COPR or PR card.
Even better, why not write to IRCC and ask this question? Hear from the horse's mouth whether the spouse gets PR visa or visit Visa?

20 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by olajide21: 7:10am On Dec 16, 2018
BoboXIV:
Evening all,

Our AOR is Feb 22nd, so going on 10 months now. (Yes, yes, I know �)

I’d like to know if one needs to go do a new set of Medicals or is there a chance that they will use their “church” mind and extend the validity of the medical certificate �

Same situation with Police Report..do we need to start getting new ones?

Thanks as you answer...

A fellow matured mind

BoboXIV

Unfortunately, If you live in Nigeria, you most probably would get a remed request. Your first MED date was my AoR. Got Re med 3weeks ago.

By the mercies of God, you would be fine.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by freshdad: 7:35am On Dec 16, 2018
Ifeoma77:
@wasseynewest, some people have failed multiple times in MOD and aced writing in BC
Secondly, both organisations share examiners
Not saying that you don't have a point, but it's a bit more complicated than just writing off BC totally

People fail to realise the bold. While we are hear praising MOD/IDP, some people elsewhere are lamenting how people fail IDP and do better with BC. @wasseynetwest you may be right but it doesn't always mean that getting great grades in other modules mean you have totally understood the requirements of the writing task. As far back as my secondary school days, I was made to understand speaking english and writing english are 2 different things for a lot of people

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ojasope1: 8:15am On Dec 16, 2018
Chicagomum:
My husband got

Listening 7.5

Reading 9.0

Writing 9.0

Speaking 9.0

Overall 8.5

He says he wont write again is this enough?

I salute you and your hubby, i mist confess you are perfect match...i am imagining the kind of kids the combination of these brains will have. Kudos, I shared this story in a study group and they requested me to ask if your hubby wouldn't mind allow us add him up to give the tricks, tips, materials and logic on how he scored a 9 in writing.

My digit is Zero eight zero seven three nine five zero four two six.

Thanks as i await your kind response.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 16, 2018
olajide21:

Unfortunately, If you live in Nigeria, you must probably would get a remed request. Your first MED date was my AoR. Got Re med 3weeks ago.

By the mercies of God, you would be fine.
Finally, you got that request. The end is near.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 9:06am On Dec 16, 2018
Hello,

Thanks for the compliments. God bless you! He did not practice at all o. He has always been good in English. Infact when he was growing up he was called Englician. lol. If not that he got distracted during the listening he could have gotten all 9.

I am sorry he wont agree to join any group.

The approach he used

1. Itemize what you want to write... he had 2 points plus one example for each point

2. Touch all the points in the question and arrange them properly in paragraphs.... One point per paragraph

3. Have a good opening and closing and use a few uncommon words and complex sentences

All the best.

Ojasope1:

I salute you and your hubby, i mist confess you are perfect match...i am imagining the kind of kids the combination of these brains will have. Kudos, I shared this story in a study group and they requested me to ask if your hubby wouldn't mind allow us add him up to give the tricks, tips, materials and logic on how he scored a 9 in writing.

My digit is Zero eight zero seven three nine five zero four two six.

Thanks as i await your kind response.

17 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 16, 2018
Mummychichi:
Thank you all for your kind and encouraging words. I'll do as advised. I'll remark writing and speaking to increase my chances of refund.

It's quite unfortunate that it's only BC conducting IELTS where I reside. An alternate body would have been considered.

I'll start the process as soon as I receive my TRF.

I'll keep the house updated.

My husband wrote yesterday's exam. I'm praying he does better so our chances can increase.

Thanks once more.
You must not receive the trf to commence the EOR process.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:11am On Dec 16, 2018
Ifeoma77:

That is why people's stories are linked on page 1. Go and start reading the PPR stories from part 1 till date and you'll see all those who got married after AOR. You'll even find the one who got married after receiving his COPR (but not landed yet).
After reading their stories and you still have doubts, you can PM each one and ask for pics of the spouses' COPR or PR card.
Even better, why not write to IRCC and ask this question? Hear from the horse's mouth whether the spouse gets PR visa or visit Visa?
The guy tire me. I sha had responded. I do not know if he will trash it.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:13am On Dec 16, 2018
Uchihasasuke19:

If I were you, I will apply as single as advised.. And still ask fiancee to do ECA and IELTS if possible. So if needed in the future it will be handy..
No need oh!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 16, 2018
Mamsvee:

Still expecting a reply?
Use your NYSC experience if it falls in line. But it gonna be one year experience points as your current position doesn't go with 0,A or B. Do you have a masters degree, under 30yrs? If not na PNPs or French test etc get u faa?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DottaofGod: 9:51am On Dec 16, 2018
fidelism:
Materials for MOD/IDP 4 modules are available and being share on Ielts Whatsapp group. If you need them, try to join because it is easier to share to all at once

pls I wish to join the whatsapp group.I need the mod/idp materials or you can send to keptars@gmail.com.pls help.thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ajiwu: 10:15am On Dec 16, 2018
Good morning house,

Please I need a good contact in university of Abuja that can help me with getting my transcript.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by xtosync: 10:32am On Dec 16, 2018
I have replied. Check your mail.
MumtotheBeloved:

Hi,
I tried s ding a message and got a prompt that I’d sent too many anonymous messages already (confused)

May I have your email address please?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mummychichi: 11:35am On Dec 16, 2018
ontarioissauga:

I saw this on their website

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 11:42am On Dec 16, 2018
ontarioissauga:

BC requests that you include original TRF for EOR process oh.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 12:07pm On Dec 16, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Classic.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2018
Mummychichi:

Na go collect am and give them back.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 16, 2018
Debsify:
BC requests that you include original TRF for EOR process oh.
OK nao but MOD doesn't insist.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
I have not gotten my report but will pick it up and submit EOR 2mrw. Cant you pick up the report?

Will pick mine up and return back to sender o.. lol i must get my 7 or 7.5

Mummychichi:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 12:13pm On Dec 16, 2018
Good day everyone.

I am still a bit far but I feel the need to share something with a community that has given me a lot; maybe someone will be encouraged.

So I wrote my first IELTS this month and the result is out!. I was able to make L8, R8, S8, W7 in my first attempt.

I know I am supposed to share tips and materials used but to be honest, I did not really prepare much for the exam. For speaking, I just decided to be myself and talk as if I was with a friend or a colleague at work and that worked for me. For listening and reading, I only tried to concentrate and also pay attention to the instructions and to my spellings too. As for writing, someone I met during the speaking session recommended Jay's tutorials to me. I looked them up a couple of days before the exam and voila, I found the structure well carved out and easy to follow. I did not watch the videos as I had not time, just the writ-up. By the time I got into the exam hall and saw the question, I could tell the question type and the recommended structure immediately. All I had to do was to give it some flesh. I also tried to be a bit free so as to not to make the essay seem memorized. I wrote the letter part just as I would write a mail in my place of work. All these seem to have worked just fine.

Fact is, the exam is way simpler than we make it look. Don't be afraid, be yourself and let your points flow naturally.

Best of luck to everyone yet to write!

22 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 12:33pm On Dec 16, 2018
ontarioissauga:

OK nao but MOD doesn't insist.
Alright!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hobyno: 12:40pm On Dec 16, 2018
ontarioissauga:

shocked shocked lipsrsealed
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:44pm On Dec 16, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by aBbiie25(f): 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 12:50pm On Dec 16, 2018
etrange:
Good day everyone.

I am still a bit far but I feel the need to share something with a community that has given me a lot; maybe someone will be encouraged.

So I wrote my first IELTS this month and the result is out!. I was able to make L8, R8, S8, W7 in my first attempt.

I know I am supposed to share tips and materials used but to be honest, I did not really prepare much for the exam. For speaking, I just decided to be myself and talk as if I was with a friend or a colleague at work and that worked for me. For listening and reading, I only tried to concentrate and also pay attention to the instructions and to my spellings too. As for writing, someone I met during the speaking session recommended Jay's tutorials to me. I looked them up a couple of days before the exam and voila, I found the structure well carved out and easy to follow. I did not watch the videos as I had not time, just the writ-up. By the time I got into the exam hall and saw the question, I could tell the question type and the recommended structure immediately. All I had to do was to give it some flesh. I also tried to be a bit free so as to not to make the essay seem memorized. I wrote the letter part just as I would write a mail in my place of work. All these seem to have worked just fine.

Fact is, the exam is way simpler than we make it look.
Don't be afraid, be yourself and let your points flow naturally.

Best of luck to everyone yet to write!
You said alot of nice stuffs but spoilt it with the bolded. Really?? Hmmmmn...... People have come here to say ielts humbles one.. Yes it does. If you have enjoyed Grace, give thanks to whom it's due not to come and make it seem peeps are exaggerating. That Jay that u referred to, people have studied it in and out and are still battling with success in ielts. It's not just about the student, what about the examiner? The person who will mark A script can be different from the one for B and these two people are with different views. How legible a student is can also affect...... Please just appreciate what you have and be thankful

36 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by aBbiie25(f): 12:52pm On Dec 16, 2018
ans123:

6 months program doesn’t have any Canadian educational equivalent under the assessment reports.

Its a 1year programme crashed into a 6months intensive programme.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Mummychichi: 1:17pm On Dec 16, 2018
Chicagomum:
I have not gotten my report but will pick it up and submit EOR 2mrw. Cant you pick up the report?

Will pick mine up and return back to sender o.. lol i must get my 7 or 7.5

No BC in my location. I have to wait for it to be sent via DHL.

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.