Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,485 members, 7,826,833 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 09:17 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (825827 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 7:02am On Dec 17, 2018
lordragner:
I have been following silently from the beginning and finally got here. Congrats to everyone who has gotten their PPR and aced their IELTS your success stories has inspired me to give EE a shot.. I have signed up for Ielts in Jan and I hope that I ll also come here to testify at the and of it all. I have some issues that need clarification on and I humbly ask for the opinion of anyone with answers.
I have a B.Eng in petroleum Engineering and Msc in information Technology Engineering (Both Nigerian Degrees), I have 1 year experience with NYSC--physics teacher, 3 years experience as a Web developer (self taught) , worked with a friend in his IT startup (just 3 of us) for 2 years. we did contracts mostly and pay didn't come in regularly every month ( He is currently in the process of registering the business name with CAC). However I left to pursue my M.Sc in 2017. After my Msc, I got CCNA and I'm currently working as a Network administrator (2 months).
I want to build a career as a network engineer and possibly advance into cybersecurity or analytics.

Q--> Would you advise me to go with noc 2281--Computer network technicians. Despite not having up to one year experience or continue with
Web development noc 2175--Web designers and developers, (which is still a side gig for me). Or use NYSC which can be easily substantiated.

NB..i checked the CRS tool, Maxing out my Ielts will put me on 456 with 1 year experience and 481 with 3 years experience.
I am weary of using web developer noc because there are no legal documents (Payslip, Appointment letter, certification etc) to back it up.

If I were you, I'd go with NYSC physics teacher and sleep well at night

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CheesyTee(f): 7:06am On Dec 17, 2018
Thetherapist:
Good day house. Please can degree evaluation be done with WES with another means of identification say National ID card or drivers license aside international passport.
International passport needs correction with DOB which is going to cost a lot and would want to sort ECA out while the passport issue get sorted.
If No, is there any other evaluating body that accepts other means of identification aside passport.
Kindly help touch light this matter. Thanks

Yes. WES only require degree transcript, degree certificate and NECO/WAEC transcript and scratch card. Get it started on time should WES decide to want to start another addition to the list by next year. Cheers
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 7:25am On Dec 17, 2018
Mummychichi:
My dear Family,

I don't think I can do this again. 3rd attempt

Overall Band:

Listening:

Reading:

Writing:

Speaking:

please I am sorry o because I don’t understand how this ielts ish work again. I want to believe the benchmark is 8 band overall and once you get that it should be enough. So why are people saying he/she should go for a remark?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by daks02: 7:26am On Dec 17, 2018
mojohnny:
15 weeks.
Blood of Jesus!!!!
Please which year was this? ���

March/April this year
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2018
daks02:

March/April this year

Please people, what would be the best and cost effective option to evaluate RN.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:12am On Dec 17, 2018
I have a medical slot for a family of 1 at Qlife for 19th December to give out just in case they still allow swaps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raheemkeji(f): 8:15am On Dec 17, 2018
What slot is that please?

veritas3:
I have a slot for a family of 1 at Qlife for 19th December just in case they still allow swaps.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:16am On Dec 17, 2018
Snappyfingaz:

Please people, what would be the best and cost effective option to evaluate RN.

ICES or IQAS

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:18am On Dec 17, 2018
raheemkeji:
What slot is that please?

For medicals
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 8:46am On Dec 17, 2018
As per my moniker which have always believed in... But after my 4th attempt at Ielts on Saturday which I thought will be my last,I think am being affected in a negative way psychological.... My experience based on my standard during that exam wasn't good and though I started having a loss of confidence prior to the exam which I thought I would recover from but in actual fact I never recovered through out that exam... Spent lots of of money already with my ECA ready since last month....I am getting tired, demotivated,exhausted and starting to doubt my ability(Never been through this before considering the exams have sat and passed in time past)...And each time the thought of IELTS comes up and that I never got to achieve passing that exam this year despite all have done I just doesn't feel happy...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sheltec: 8:53am On Dec 17, 2018
It happens to everyone who attempted this more than once. The approach was supposed to be research more,practice and try again because obviously there is something wrong or a fulfilment each person who fails didn't meet. Even if a person gets upgraded to 7 upon remark it still shows small deficiency. Hang in there.what were your scores in previous attempts?
alwayspositive8:
As per my moniker which have always believed in... But after my 4th attempt at Ielts on Saturday which I thought will be my last,I think am being affected in a negative way psychological.... My experience based on my standard during that exam wasn't good and though I started having a loss of confidence prior to the exam which I thought I would recover from but in actual fact I never recovered through out that exam... Spent lots of of money already with my ECA ready since last month....I am getting tired, demotivated,exhausted and starting to doubt my ability(Never been through this before considering the exams have sat and passed in time past)...And each time the thought of IELTS comes up and that I never got to achieve passing that exam this year despite all have done I just doesn't feel happy...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 8:59am On Dec 17, 2018
Bro like I said before I haven't felt so negative about myself like am feeling now..... what can I do to overcome this... I don't even know what else to do again... Though may afford one last one... But The fear of not passing that actually scares me...

1st attempt -7.5,8.5,6.5,7
2nd attempt - 8.0,6.5,7,5.5
3rd attempt - 8.5,7.5,6.5,6.5
LRWS..

Those are my exam timelines..

Sheltec:
It happens to everyone who attempted this more than once. what were your scores in previous attempts?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 9:01am On Dec 17, 2018
Just submitted my EOR at BC, the receptionist told me that it has already been remarked cos my band score difference is more than 2. She said the probability of my score increasing is very slim���.

What was your band score difference mine is 2.5.

DrMrsCK:

Please don't discourage people from remarking. Mine too had a difference of more than 2 and yet writing increased
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 9:04am On Dec 17, 2018
Saintee2009:

Thank you very much sir for this input. Really appreciate. The approval would be from Senate right?
UNILAG Senate usually approves results about 2-3 months after the exam is over. Then, your SoR and Transcripts are available for collection.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sheltec: 9:11am On Dec 17, 2018
alwayspositive8:
Bro like I said before I haven't felt so negative about myself like am feeling now..... what can I do to overcome this... I don't even know what else to do again... Though may afford one last one... But The fear of not passing that actually scares me...

LRWS..

I can see you remained steady on listening but your Major challenge is speaking and writing.Dont rush to rewriting, rather get someone who has actually passed those 2 parts to study max is 2 days. Should be free oh. You can beat this all you need is someone to poliSh what you know and show you what to do ans you develop further.
Are you around Abuja?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 9:12am On Dec 17, 2018
mikel88:
please I am sorry o because I don’t understand how this ielts ish work again. I want to believe the benchmark is 8 band overall and once you get that it should be enough. So why are people saying he/she should go for a remark?

Because overall band is useless if you fall below 8777 LSWR respectively.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fatiah(f): 9:15am On Dec 17, 2018
DrMrsCK:

Please don't discourage people from remarking. Mine too had a difference of more than 2 and yet writing increased

Please did you write with BC and were you able to follow-up on your EOR or not? I'm asking for my brother who is reluctant to go for an EOR cos the first one wasn't favourable though he says he's sure he did much better this time.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zannie(f): 9:15am On Dec 17, 2018
alwayspositive8:

It will be well dear. I pray that God will surprise you.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:18am On Dec 17, 2018
When will you add my PPR to page 1? As my personal prophet, I’m beginning to take offence grin

smslive2:
Excuse me What did i just read here? i am not understanding. shocked shocked shocked

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:21am On Dec 17, 2018
Call on Jesus, cry to Him. Tell Him to renew your spirit and help you keep going. Your next try will be your best and it’ll be more than sufficient to garner an excellent CRS. Don’t give up now, your time is almost here.

alwayspositive8:

12 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 9:26am On Dec 17, 2018
Am in Lagos... but I can send you a direct message so that I can add you on whatsapp.... I need all the support and help I could now... IELTS has really dealt with me...The fear can't even allow me to think of rewriting now.

Sheltec:

I can see you remained steady on listening but your Major challenge is speaking and writing.Dont rush to rewriting, rather get someone who has actually passed those 2 parts to study max is 2 days. Should be free oh. You can beat this all you need is someone to poliSh what you know and show you what to do ans you develop further.
Are you around Abuja?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 9:31am On Dec 17, 2018
Amen... I really hoped a miracle could happen.
zannie:

It will be well dear. I pray that God will surprise you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by alwayspositive8: 9:34am On Dec 17, 2018
Amen.. and Thanks for the great advise... I do really believe so that my time is nigh

SkyWalk12:
Call on Jesus, cry to Him. Tell Him to renew your spirit and help you keep going. Your next try will be your best and it’ll be more than sufficient to garner an excellent CRS. Don’t give up now, your time is almost here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sheltec: 9:35am On Dec 17, 2018
I like to call on everyone here who has passed Ielts; I know we have the best hearts here but pls aside sending materials coach just 1 person. We all have different levels of understanding and sometimes these materials are not easily understood by everyone.

This shouldn't be assumed as call to flood everyone who passed with requests. Let's just id 1 person to assist if we can here in the open thread. Also, the person who is being assisted must show to be teachable not frustrate the teacher who obviously is sacrificing. I see good percentage of writers who aren't ready but rush off to register,it's wrong. Practice till you are comfortable.

If you are in Abuja, hoping to write soon and have challenge in 1 or 2 modules particularly writing ref me here not pm,let's plan 2 sessions to see

This must be free,please

21 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by daks02: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2018
I'm available to help someone with IELTS, please note i got 7 in writing o (let my people go) but I got amazing tips when preparing for the second one.

10 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sheltec: 9:45am On Dec 17, 2018
alwayspositive8:
Am in Lagos... but I can send you a direct message so that I can add you on whatsapp.... I need all the support and help I could now... IELTS has really dealt with me...The fear can't even allow me to think of rewriting now.

Get in touch just dont like those groups as
attending to too many persons has way of discouraging someone, in all stay calm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by COPR: 9:54am On Dec 17, 2018
mojohnny:
So I visited their office as advised on Thursday and I was informed that they haven't gotten a feedback from Cambridge yet.
I just hope that they haven't forgotten my Re-mark somewhere on a table in Cambridge.

Please has anyone ever applied for a re-mark with BC that took longer than the 6 week time??
The suspense is killing me.

Send email to Cambridge (get their email address online) to make sure your EOR was sent to them. BC can be crazy at times.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by laghopeful20181: 10:00am On Dec 17, 2018
Good morning people,

Your advice will be appreciated please....

I am the PA. We had received ITA in september 2018. At the point of submission in November, i realised that my husband's IELTS had expired. After exploring all options, we had to decline the ITA. While back in the pool, I adjusted my profile - my husband as un accompanying spouse. I received another ITA in November -449 cut off (My score without my husband as accompanying was 451). A few days after receipt of ITA, I had a birthday.. In the meantime my husband registered for the 1st of December IELTS. After plenty research, I came to the conclusion that it was possible to make a spouse accompanying after receipt of ITA...providing that the score after adding the spouse meets up to or exceeds the cut off for the draw from which you received an ITA from (In this case, cut off of 449). Unfortunately, my husbands IELTS results came out as 8.5,6.5,6.5,6.5. If I add my husband to the current ITA I have now, the score falls below the cut off of 449. My choices as I see it now are as follows:

1. ahead with the ITA I currently have in which my husband is an un accompanying spouse (please not my IELTS expires on the 7th of January)
2. Decline the ITA I currently have. In this case, I go back into the pool. With my current age and husbands results our score will be 443....then hope and hope that the next ITA will have a cut off of 440 or 442.
3. If the next ITA is above 445, it means I will need to write IELTS again in January. IF I max out on IELTS points, our total points will be about 448.

I feel like a bird in hand is worth more than 10 in the bush oooo. I feel that I should go on with the current ITA I have. If all works out we can apply for spousal sponsorship in future....I have heard that spousal sponsorship is hard... how true is this? What would you all advice?

Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Iruosonobrugwhe: 10:07am On Dec 17, 2018
dear all,

my wife received an invitation to apply from PEI. we have sent in the application. however our IELTS expired yesterday, knocking us out of the EE pool. can this affect the pNP process?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 10:08am On Dec 17, 2018
Hmmm....my dear "positive", if u've been a follower of this thread I bet you'll see a hundreds of testimonies far greater than yours.
Yes, it's very normal to feel depressed, tensioned & above all constantly begin to fear at every new attempt. But I assure the only 2 ways u can over come this is to practise & pray more. Loads of material links have been shared lately & I'd advise u lay ur hand on one and prepare harder again. In my case, what I did after every failure was begin preparation from scratch again until I mastered the whole tricks. And surprisingly u'll learn a new thing u haven't leanrt or paid attention to b4. All we can do here is console u & possibly some1 supports exam fees if needed. But to actually be among the conquerors; 99.9% of the job lies with u. You can release ur location here to find a study partner or a tutor. We are really wishing u All the best!
alwayspositive8:

LRWS..

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mikel88: 10:12am On Dec 17, 2018
fmsimple:

Because overall band is useless if you fall below 8777 LSWR respectively.
haa!! My wife CRS score is 472 now and her Ielts Score LRWS is 7.5,6.5,6.5,8.5.she has A year of work experience in Nigeria, had Canadian Education and a year work experience in Canada.please must she pass the ielts with LRWS 8/7/7/7 respectively?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Maggie0133: 10:14am On Dec 17, 2018
Hi, I am interested. I need medicals for my new born baby as the other family members have done medicals.
Please does Qlife still allow slot swap?

veritas3:
I have a medical slot for a family of 1 at Qlife for 19th December to give out just in case they still allow swaps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.