Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,418 members, 7,819,509 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:22 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (230) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (823766 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adunnee: 5:21am On Dec 20, 2018
wasseynewest:
I knew we've gat wonderful people that truly cares here. Thanks darling! God bless

You are welcome! cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by venorite(m): 5:55am On Dec 20, 2018
my people i have a questions. i am using iqas for my ECA but i am not understanding them as i have not gotten any update yet. if i write ielts and smash it, can i use ices or wes to evaluate my result? will the fact that my result and transcript is with iqas affect anything??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by diamondextra: 5:57am On Dec 20, 2018
Hi guys, please who has any slot they are not using or would want to swap before january 8th for medical booking at iom ikeja? The earliest possible date i could get is january 8th and cic has given me a 30 days validity to submit a medical report which is already counting....i'm seriously begging here
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bettybeauty: 6:34am On Dec 20, 2018
Now to our ppr gist...

My sister in-law has been in Canada since about 11 years ago. All this while, she's been disturbing my hubby and I to apply for the Canada express entry but we werent just ready and interested. She kept on calling morning and night, and sending us link to read but for where, no interest at all. My hubby and I were of the opinion to always go abroad for holidays and not relocating patapata, cos our eyes were not open, Lol. God bless my sil, she kept on talking to us. It got to a time, she was tired and wrote down in her diary never to disturb us again about it. That was exactly when our inner and outer eyes opened, den we started calling her for info. God is indeed part of this journey.

We started the process in April, all thanks to nairaland, and specifically this wonderful thread that made the journey so easy for us from day one. God bless you all for sharing life changing tips and experiences that keep one going. God alone will reward you all.

We calculated our crs and discovered hubby is the best person to be the PA cos of his masters degree and years of work experience, even though his age affected a little. He started preparing for ielts and also transcript evaluation process for both of us started. I didn't need to write the ielts exams cos our crs score was ok without it.

My hubby wrote the exams twice, first one in June, of which only writing spoilt d result with 6.5. we went for EOR but came unchanged...so heartbreaking. By then hubby was already tired and saying "mi o feko exam yi mo oooo (I don't want to write this exam again). In my mind I was like 'ooni ko kini' (u won't write wetin), I left him and went to him later to encourage him, then bros' spirit was awakened'...lol, power of a woman grin.

I put to bed in July, den hubby was on leave and decided to write the exam again before he resumed work. Then he rewrote second ietls in August and oga aced it. My hubby na bookworm o, though I mentored him both on the reading table and in za oza room grin. We were so excited about the result. By then ECA was ready so we dived into the pool.

Let me even gist you guys about my three week old baby that I went to do international passport capturing for. On a normal day, this Lil princess will wake at any slight sound. Most times I even tip toe whenever she's sleeping. On the day of capturing, she slept like never before. I threw her up, swinged her, tap the cheeks, turned the head, did all manner of things, for where. Even the immigration officers helped me to wake her, she refused o. They were like why are u people disturbing this baby, she said she doesn't want to travel to Canada grin She slept for about 45 min. At last, she woke for a short period and we did the capturing. Was very happy ehn like we won jackpot....lol

By 22nd Aug, 2018, we received ITA. Then we gathered all the documents we needed. Lo and behold, we submitted on Oct 10th. I know I tried at this stage cos my hubby doesn't know shishi about d process lol. His own is to bring money grin. Na me dey fill, scan, submit and check. Weldone boo grin

Hmmmmn, Almighty POF...God proved himself at the die minute that He is Jehovah Overdo. Where we do not even think help will come from, God showed up. We had more than the POF sef. We used 25% Pension Funds, my savings backed up with consent letter from me and Gift Deed (about 70% of the entire POF). Baba e se grin

Nov 7th, we passed Medicals/Bil. We reside in Port Harcourt, and we travelled down to Lagos for Biometrics just as we did for Medicals. Very stressful something lipsrsealed.Biometrics done and completed on the 14th Nov. Then the waiting began.

I never knew I married a prophet, my hubby always say Dec will never end without our ppr. I will just say Amen, but in my mind ehn, not feasible.. madam doubting Thomas. We actually planned travelling to Lag for Xmas and hubby told me to go along with our intl, passports and passport photos so I can submit and receive copr before coming back to ph.

My people, we travelled on Tue, the 18th of Dec, and God just decided to embarrass us with this great news in the early hours of 19th Dec. I checked our cic account before I slept at about 12am. Then around 4am, hubby woke me up with the good news. Only me I screamed, rolled on the floor, smiled, laughed, sang, couldn't sit or sleep again. Na like dis e dey be? grin. Submitted our passports that same yesterday....no dulling�.I have come to return all d glory to the God of Shiloh who has made this possible. Baba we not taking You for granted, May Your name alone be exalted. You have given me and my family our Shiloh Dominion encounter/ best Xmas gift ever.

For all of us still waiting at one stage or the other, God is still in the business of doing wonderous things. He will embarrass us with good news before the end of the year.

Thank you all for reading the boring gist. Over to you prof. I no want yeye mark o, Ehn ehn cheesy

145 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by BootyliciousHon: 6:43am On Dec 20, 2018
Congrats to all those who received ITA!...439...who would have thought?
For me, am still in my swimsuit waiting for scores to drop ( highly unlikely as am currently swimming with a score of 420) or for my TEF result ( not sure which would get me more elated...passing TEF or getting ITA).
I know I will announce my own good news here someday.

I remain positive!

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 6:46am On Dec 20, 2018
congrats@topsmamen and Vancouver on your ITA. may the next phase be Smooth and easy.
@mcstan we are rooting for you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bronze25(f): 6:51am On Dec 20, 2018
Congratulations... very interesting testimony. Your little princess that decided to take her sweet time to sleep at immigration office just made me laugh. Go & prosper in your new country.

Bettybeauty:
Now to our ppr gist...
We started the process in April, all thanks to nairaland, and specifically this wonderful thread that made the journey so easy for us from day one. God bless you all for sharing life changing tips and experiences that keep one going. God alone will reward you all.

We calculated our crs and discovered hubby is the best person to be the PA cos of his masters degree and years of work experience, even though his age affected a little. He started preparing for ielts and also transcript evaluation process for both of us started. I didn't need to write the ielts exams cos our crs score was ok without it.

My hubby wrote the exams twice, first one in June, of which only writing spoilt d result with 6.5. we went for EOR but came unchanged...so heartbreaking. By then hubby was already tired and saying "mi o feko exam yi mo oooo (I don't want to write this exam again). In my mind I was like 'ooni ko kini' (u won't write wetin), I left him and went to him later to encourage him, then bros' spirit was awakened'...lol, power of a woman grin.

I put to bed in July, den hubby was on leave and decided to write the exam again before he resumed work. Then he rewrote second ietls in August and oga aced it. My hubby na bookworm o, though I mentored him both on the reading table and in za oza room grin. We were so excited about the result. By then ECA was ready so we dived into the pool.

Let me even gist you guys about my three week old baby that I went to do international passport capturing for. On a normal day, this Lil princess will wake at any slight sound. Most times I even tip toe whenever she's sleeping. On the day of capturing, she slept like never before. I threw her up, swinged her, tap the cheeks, turned the head, did all manner of things, for where. Even the immigration officers helped me to wake her, she refused o. They were like why are u people disturbing this baby, she said she doesn't want to travel to Canada grin She slept for about 45 min. At last, she woke for a short period and we did the capturing. Was very happy ehn like we won jackpot....lol

By 22nd Aug, 2018, we received ITA.

My people, we travelled on Tue, the 18th of Dec, and God just decided to embarrass us with this great news in the early hours of 19th Dec. I checked our cic account before I slept at about 12am. Then around 4am, hubby woke me up with the good news. Only me I screamed, rolled on the floor, smiled, laughed, sang, couldn't sit or sleep again. Na like dis e dey be? grin. Submitted our passports that same yesterday....no dulling�.I have come to return all d glory to the God of Shiloh who has made this possible. Baba we not taking You for granted, May Your name alone be exalted. You have given me and my family our Shiloh Dominion encounter/ best Xmas gift ever.

Thank you all for reading the boring gist. Over to you prof. I no want yeye mark o, Ehn ehn cheesy

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:54am On Dec 20, 2018
Ifeoma77:

He didn't get ITA today. But it's close

Aww.... Chai!
Immediately I saw that score I just thought of him straight.
2019 is our year!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bronze25(f): 6:55am On Dec 20, 2018
Congratulations to all the PPR & ITA recipients. For those below 439, God is still in the business of changing the rules for his beloved.

Keep the faith alive.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bayojbbb2002: 6:58am On Dec 20, 2018
There is so much joy in the house. It is a Christmas gift. I am so happy for everyone who has clinched this ITA and PPR. Expect more good news this week. Cheers cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Enitan007(m): 7:08am On Dec 20, 2018
I hope I'm not a latecomer. So much stew of PPR and ITA stories here. Congratulations to y'all. To everyone waiting for IELTS, positive FOR, ITA and almighty PPR (including myself), we will definitely shout hallelujah for what God will do for us. It will end in praise.

So much good souls in here. I salute all of una.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obtay: 7:20am On Dec 20, 2018
Thanks while we wait for the seniors to shed more light.
If I remember well ,it's at the point of submitting the application after ITA. I think the personal activity or so column where you ain't mearnt to leave any gap in time

I really don't know the implication but what I have read here is that filing NYSC as government might draw unnecessary attention to probing your application and thereby delay it completion...
Well,it didn't for us we might have just got lucky or favoured.

Hope we hear more from the seniors

[quotae author=FirstTImeUser post=74003952]Congratulations. Go and prosper!!!

Please I need a clarification. I have already received ita.yet to submit my application though...

I@bolded please at what point did you reference your Nysc ? Was it during filling your express entry profile or when submitting your application? I can't even remember if I filled anything like that.

Also was is the implication of referencing Nysc as working for the govt?

Cc seniors in the house please respond

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ojsamuel(m): 7:37am On Dec 20, 2018
Bettybeauty:
Now to our ppr gist...

My sister in-law has been in Canada since about 11 years ago. All this while, she's been disturbing my hubby and I to apply for the Canada express entry but we werent just ready and interested. She kept on calling morning and night, and sending us link to read but for where, no interest at all. My hubby and I were of the opinion to always go abroad for holidays and not relocating patapata, cos our eyes were not open, Lol. God bless my sil, she kept on talking to us. It got to a time, she was tired and wrote down in her diary never to disturb us again about it. That was exactly when our inner and outer eyes opened, den we started calling her for info. God is indeed part of this journey.

Congrats to you and your family. Cannyland straight.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by NeneSisi: 7:40am On Dec 20, 2018
Good morning and what great mood on the thread. Definitely worth screaming about!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations everyone!!!

COPR
IELTS
ITA
PPR
LANDING

So thankful for everyone.

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:49am On Dec 20, 2018
Congratulations to wasseynewest, Topsmamen and other ITA clinchers.
Boss mcstan18, Oluwa is on your matter. #2019

To those facing one challenge or the other- keep the faith. It will end in praise las las.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by prost80(m): 7:49am On Dec 20, 2018
NeneSisi:
Good morning and what great mood on the thread. Definitely worth screaming about!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations everyone!!!

COPR
IELTS
ITA
PPR
LANDING

So thankful for everyone.

Congratulations PPR!oya nak timeline and correct story
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:52am On Dec 20, 2018
Rode20:
Congratulations to all who received ITA, PPR and COPR.

I will like to share my EOR experience with you all. My first Ielts on the 13 of October my result was LSRW 8,8,6.5,6 . while my second attempt on the 10 of November the result was LSRW 8.5, 6.5,7,7. I cried, because I was disappointed since my speaking result in my first attempt was 8 and now as low as 6.5. Actually on the test day when I noticed the examiner was a woman my heart skipped, cos as an HR personal I know female examiner's tend to be quite strict with another female. But quickly cleared the thought from my head and gave it my best. Unfortunately my speaking result was 6.5. So I immediately applied for an EOR copied Australia just as one of us did on this trend. To my Surprise after 10 days from when the EOR was acknowledged by MOD, I mailed IDP Australia to confirm they had received my EOR, the response was that it has not been sent contact your test center. I mailed MOD again they said it was sent but when I mailed Australia again they confirm it had not been received. I had mixed feelings and lost hope in the whole process. After some days IDP Australia confirmed they just received it close to 3 weeks after I applied for the EOR.

Just got a mail now that the outcome of my EOR was ready and my refund. So quickly checked online and saw the speaking had changed to 7.5. Am so excited now my result is LSRW 8.5, 7.5, 7, 7.

I will like to draw the attention of anyone applying for EOR once you are sure of yourself to please follow-up... I wonder if they ready had the intention of sending it to Australia in the first place

Interesting.... To others applying for EOR, always follow up oo
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Queenbeez: 8:00am On Dec 20, 2018
wasseynewest:
Thanks darling
hi, was referred by your friend jumpops and she also gave me your phone number, I’m interested in the writing test as I will be taking the test next month

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ArcUgo(m): 8:09am On Dec 20, 2018
Top of the Morning to our wonderful Nairaland family. Wow!! I have never felt as much Joy since I joined this undescribable community. Yesterday has to have been the greatest day so far this year. Christmas came at the right time for so many of us. That been said, I want to felicitate with all those that Clinched COPR, PPR and ITA.

A big Congrats to @Bimsebony and @rijo02 - COPR

A hefty Congratulations to @Nono16, @Olajide21, @Obtay, @Onyeenyeh, @Olsbby, @Veritas3, @Ogoenue, @Oakville19 and @Bettybeauty. - PPR

For the ITA choppers, you guys are the real MVP, I'm so happy for all of you especially those that have been hovering between 439 - 442 the anxiety couldn't have been an easy experience.

So a worthy Congratulations to @Topsmamen, @Wasseyenewest, @Flosk, @Ella99, @Vancouver4 - ITA

To my fellow Post AOR gang, especially those whose files are in AVO I believe that the Almighty God has a plan for us all and he never disappoints. So let us keep praying for our miracle because there's nothing he cannot do.

Merry Xmas to you all

16 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 8:15am On Dec 20, 2018
You've done so much for me, I can not tell it all
Narekele mo
If I had ten thousand tongues, It still won't be enough
Narekele mo ...

You're waiting for ECA - give thanks.
You're held up by IELTS - give thanks.
Your CRS score is <439 - give thanks.
You have ITA but no AOR yet - give thanks.
You have AOR / MEP/ BMC but not PPR yet - give thanks.

In all things, give thanks. Oya open your mouth and sing grin grin grin

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:17am On Dec 20, 2018
venorite:
my people i have a questions. i am using iqas for my ECA but i am not understanding them as i have not gotten any update yet. if i write ielts and smash it, can i use ices or wes to evaluate my result? will the fact that my result and transcript is with iqas affect anything??
If you're a lawyer, it's better you stick with IQAS and ride it out with them.
If not, then yes, you can use ICES. Your results with IQAS won't affect anything

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sesay: 8:18am On Dec 20, 2018
OlumisiI:
I stay in Lagos and I am willing to coach people for IELTS if a suitable location is arranged, my scores on first try were LRWS --> 8.5, 9, 7.5, 8.0
cc @wasseynewest
Thank you. I'm interested.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kakashi12(m): 8:20am On Dec 20, 2018
Good Morning,

How do you know the Visa office working on your application.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Vancouver4(f): 8:21am On Dec 20, 2018
Thanks @ Jholarharde @ ArcUgo and all

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by patty827: 8:21am On Dec 20, 2018
Congratulations to all PPR and ITA recipient. I'm happy for y'all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Samade7: 8:46am On Dec 20, 2018
Ifeoma77:

If you're a lawyer, it's better you stick with IQAS and ride it out with them.
If not, then yes, you can use ICES. Your results with IQAS won't affect anything

Please @ifeoma, is there any other means to pay for ICES as i dont have credit card and thats has been delaying ECA.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by wasseynewest: 8:47am On Dec 20, 2018
PUBLIC ANNOUNCEMENT!!

Please!! We are currently in need of two to three tutors for our IELTS takers. We have 5 tutors already but still needs more.
Anyone interested should contact me on WhatsApp: 08026543600.

Please we have designed it in such a way that it will be a smooth and convenient ride for our tutors.

My elders(Senior ifeoma & co), abeg help me put mouth to plead "tori olorun".
Please help our mission and rescue some1 please!!!!

Meanwhile entrance for IELTS takers ends today.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Samade7: 8:48am On Dec 20, 2018
pls i need help o.

is there any other means to pay for ICES as i dont have credit card and thats has been delaying my ECA.

Kindly assist if there's any other means.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by EyesondPrize: 9:01am On Dec 20, 2018
Amen.

BootyliciousHon:
Congrats to all those who received ITA!...439...who would have thought?
For me, am still in my swimsuit waiting for scores to drop ( highly unlikely as am currently swimming with a score of 420) or for my TEF result ( not sure which would get me more elated...passing TEF or getting ITA).
I know I will announce my own good news here someday.

I remain positive!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Surygirl: 9:07am On Dec 20, 2018
Hello everyone, I have been a silent reader and follower. Please who has a number i can reach IOM ikeja on as i have tried all the numbers on their website and none is going. And please what happened to Children’s hospital in Ikoyi, I didn’t see their contact on the CIC website. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 9:12am On Dec 20, 2018
Surygirl:
Hello everyone, I have been a silent reader and follower. Please who has a number i can reach IOM ikeja on as i have tried all the numbers on their website and none is going. And please what happened to Children’s hospital in Ikoyi, I didn’t see their contact on the CIC website. Thanks
this was same thing i went through some weeks back until i went to their office to get my booking. My advice is for u to go there urself
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 9:14am On Dec 20, 2018
Samade7:

Please @ifeoma, is there any other means to pay for ICES as i dont have credit card and thats has been delaying ECA.
Use your debit card like that. As long as it's MasterCard or Visa (already activated for web payments), it will go through

(1) (2) (3) ... (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) (233) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.