Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,432 members, 7,830,172 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 05:14 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (233) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (826652 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 1:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
Zinggi:

Yes proof of funds letter is a bit different from bank statement. It contains date your account was opened, total monthly inflow and outflow and also there is a part to indicate whether you are indebted or not to the bank.

I think you would need to draft a letter to request for it from the bank.

Just read more about it on "All about Proof of funds" link on page 1.

All the best.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by flosk: 2:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
Please I am still in need of qlife medical slot for a family of 4.

I can swap with you if don't mind a date in March.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gtessy: 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hi dear, please can I reach out to you via your email?. I will appreciate if you can email me so I can reach out to you. My email is graciouslymine@gmail.com

Bimsebony:
What shall I render to Jehovah, for he has done so very much for me! It has ended in worship oooooo.

Its C O P R!!!!!
Timeline
CRS – 443
Family of 4

ITA – August 22, 2018
AOR – Sep 15
MEP – Oct 11
Biometrics request – Oct 11
Raise CSE for US travel – Oct 17
Biometrics done – Oct 18
Confirmation of CSE receipt – Oct 24
ADR for schedule A (hubby & I) – Nov 7
IP1 – Nov 7
Submitted Schedule A – Nov 9
IP2 – Nov 10
PPR – Nov 15 (Exactly 2months from AOR)
COPR – Dec 18

(VFS has the worst customer service executives ever. Very rude and unprofessional)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Fabulousfinite: 2:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ryan materials
canadadream2019@yahoo.com

vicnoshon:
Thanks boco2126 for this detailed write-up. Pls send me the materia-l vicnoshon@gmail.com

[quqote author=boco2126 post=73293040]On this IELTS issue...my two cents.

1. Stick to a FEW practice materials! The number of materials for IELTS that we see on a daily on this thread can be overwhelming. Try out only a few and stick to the one that resonates with you. Don't use ieltsliz, Jay, Cambridge, ieltsadvantage, road2ielts etc at the same time (some of these peope don't agree on the same approach and reading all can get really confusing). If you try one and it sits well with you, ditch others. Focus on that one and be a master of it. I almost got overwhelmed at some point, because l wanted to open every link or try every material l saw here. But l had to give myself brain oh.

2. Practise everyday. No excuses. Create the time. Even at work, you can use your lunch break to practise. Instead of listening to music or radio on your way to work, listen to your downloaded tips on writing, speaking, reading, listening. When walking down the streets, have an earpiece on (l hate this, but we can make sacrifices for one month abi?) and keep LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ijoseda(m): 2:38pm On Dec 20, 2018
Dear All,

INSPECTOR Moshood is now ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE (ASP) Moshood.

Please take note.

I did my police clearance today. How come nobody mentioned that we should go with tissue paper or wipes to clean out hand after the fingerprinting stage?

I paid 5k but I made it clear to him say the extra 1k na dash!

Thanks for your help everyone.

BTW - I got my ITA yesterday. CRS - 444

37 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by majjj: 2:39pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good day all, and once again, huge congrats to everyone who received their ITAs and PPRs.
Are there seniors who applied as self employed on this thread? It would really need to pick their brains about how they went about it. My husband is th PA and is self employed. We run a business and he also is the marketing head(sales and digital marketing because he is very good at it) of the business. Please people who applied as self employed i would really need your help on this journey. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nexxy001: 2:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
Well done boss for d Info's.

Plz how to one enter for PNP? Do u need to just wait in d pool to get a nomination or one has to apply?

Plz I need information on this.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 2:45pm On Dec 20, 2018
ijoseda:
Dear All,

Please take note.

I did my police clearance today. How come nobody mentioned that we should go with tissue paper or wipes to clean out hand after the fingerprinting stage?

Congratulations on your ITA.
@bolded, they provide fragrant babywipes - for you to clean your hands - at Louis Edet house in Abuja cool grin

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Zeiya(f): 2:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
I am very happy today. Even CIC sabi do Christmas?

Imagine people that have been in the pool since February was released yesterday. My joy has no bounds. What a surprise xmass gift?

People still dragging feet that their CRS won't be up to 440, I encourage u to start first. Relax in the pool, anything can happen at anything. Be prepared and wait for the opportunity. It will surely come.

My 435/436/437/438/439s bros/sis. Keep believing you all will be celebrated soon.

Congrats to PPRs and ITAs recipient.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ijoseda(m): 2:50pm On Dec 20, 2018
Nothing like that for ALAGBON here o! shocked shocked shocked

But Oga Moshood was courteous and very polite sha

Ifeoma77:

Congratulations on your ITA.
@bolded, they provide fragrant babywipes - for you to clean your hands - at Louis Edet house in Abuja cool grin

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Maggie0133: 2:53pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello Fam,
Congratulation to those that received ITA and PPR

For those of us still waiting, the good Lord will perfect it in Jesus name

Seniors in the house, I need some clarifications.

I raised CSE to add my new born baby, I got an ADR. One of the forms they sent is the one we listed family members on previously. Am I to just put the name of the baby only or I input the name of all my family members (nuclear n extended)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ella99: 2:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello All, please this medicals is given me headache. Qlife says no space till March and my 60days ends in February. The other guys, IOM have not been reachable since yesterday nor responded to email, untop say they are even more expensive than Qlife.
Please does anybody have a contact for IOM or can i just walk in without appointment?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gtessy: 2:55pm On Dec 20, 2018
fmsimple:
In the spirit of Christmas and yesterday's open heaven for ITA, I'm willing to help coach my Lagos peope fly over IELTS. I can arrange a venue to accommodate about 20 for 2 days. Drop your phone digits or PM.

Caveat: I no sabi too much ooo but managed to pass at first attempt LRSW 8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7.

CC - wasseynewest

Please am interested. I stay in Lagos. Can you assist with your email? My phone no zero eight zero three six three four nine zero seven one. My email graciouslymine@gmail.com.
Will appreciate your feedback. Congratulations once more

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nexxy001: 2:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
Fabulousfinite:

Ryan materials
canadadream2019@yahoo.com

Tnx bro this write up inspired me.

I would love to get those materials sir.

anthony.ayowole@gmail.com is my email add

Thanks a bunch.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by caseynewnn: 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ella99:
Hello All, please this medicals is given me headache. Qlife says no space till March and my 60days ends in February. The other guys, IOM have not been reachable since yesterday nor responded to email, untop say they are even more expensive than Qlife.
Please does anybody have a contact for IOM or can i just walk in without appointment?
walk in to get an appointment for IOM.that is the best bet
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 3:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ramj:

Whaoo MEP after almost 2.5 months of AOR and then PPR just strolled in soon after.

Whaooo
Congratulations

You say?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 3:23pm On Dec 20, 2018
https://www.nairaland.com/4180147/all-canadian-provincial-nominee-programs#62433299
nexxy001:
Well done boss for d Info's.

Plz how to one enter for PNP? Do u need to just wait in d pool to get a nomination or one has to apply?

Plz I need information on this.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gtessy: 3:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
Bettybeauty:
Now to our ppr gist...

My sister in-law has been in Canada since about 11 years ago. All this while, she's been disturbing my hubby and I to apply for the Canada express entry but we werent just ready and interested. She kept on calling morning and night, and sending us link to read but for where, no interest at all. My hubby and I were of the opinion to always go abroad for holidays and not relocating patapata, cos our eyes were not open, Lol. God bless my sil, she kept on talking to us. It got to a time, she was tired and wrote down in her diary never to disturb us again about it. That was exactly when our inner and outer eyes opened, den we started calling her for info. God is indeed part of this journey.

We started the process in April, all thanks to nairaland, and specifically this wonderful thread that made the journey so easy for us from day one. God bless you all for sharing life changing tips and experiences that keep one going. God alone will reward you all.

We calculated our crs and discovered hubby is the best person to be the PA cos of his masters degree and years of work experience, even though his age affected a little. He started preparing for ielts and also transcript evaluation process for both of us started. I didn't need to write the ielts exams cos our crs score was ok without it.

My hubby wrote the exams twice, first one in June, of which only writing spoilt d result with 6.5. we went for EOR but came unchanged...so heartbreaking. By then hubby was already tired and saying "mi o feko exam yi mo oooo (I don't want to write this exam again). In my mind I was like 'ooni ko kini' (u won't write wetin), I left him and went to him later to encourage him, then bros' spirit was awakened'...lol, power of a woman grin.

I put to bed in July, den hubby was on leave and decided to write the exam again before he resumed work. Then he rewrote second ietls in August and oga aced it. My hubby na bookworm o, though I mentored him both on the reading table and in za oza room grin. We were so excited about the result. By then ECA was ready so we dived into the pool.

Let me even gist you guys about my three week old baby that I went to do international passport capturing for. On a normal day, this Lil princess will wake at any slight sound. Most times I even tip toe whenever she's sleeping. On the day of capturing, she slept like never before. I threw her up, swinged her, tap the cheeks, turned the head, did all manner of things, for where. Even the immigration officers helped me to wake her, she refused o. They were like why are u people disturbing this baby, she said she doesn't want to travel to Canada grin She slept for about 45 min. At last, she woke for a short period and we did the capturing. Was very happy ehn like we won jackpot....lol

By 22nd Aug, 2018, we received ITA. Then we gathered all the documents we needed. Lo and behold, we submitted on Oct 10th. I know I tried at this stage cos my hubby doesn't know shishi about d process lol. His own is to bring money grin. Na me dey fill, scan, submit and check. Weldone boo grin

Hmmmmn, Almighty POF...God proved himself at the die minute that He is Jehovah Overdo. Where we do not even think help will come from, God showed up. We had more than the POF sef. We used 25% Pension Funds, my savings backed up with consent letter from me and Gift Deed (about 70% of the entire POF). Baba e se grin

Nov 7th, we passed Medicals/Bil. We reside in Port Harcourt, and we travelled down to Lagos for Biometrics just as we did for Medicals. Very stressful something lipsrsealed.Biometrics done and completed on the 14th Nov. Then the waiting began.

I never knew I married a prophet, my hubby always say Dec will never end without our ppr. I will just say Amen, but in my mind ehn, not feasible.. madam doubting Thomas. We actually planned travelling to Lag for Xmas and hubby told me to go along with our intl, passports and passport photos so I can submit and receive copr before coming back to ph.

My people, we travelled on Tue, the 18th of Dec, and God just decided to embarrass us with this great news in the early hours of 19th Dec. I checked our cic account before I slept at about 12am. Then around 4am, hubby woke me up with the good news. Only me I screamed, rolled on the floor, smiled, laughed, sang, couldn't sit or sleep again. Na like dis e dey be? grin. Submitted our passports that same yesterday....no dulling�.I have come to return all d glory to the God of Shiloh who has made this possible. Baba we not taking You for granted, May Your name alone be exalted. You have given me and my family our Shiloh Dominion encounter/ best Xmas gift ever.

For all of us still waiting at one stage or the other, God is still in the business of doing wonderous things. He will embarrass us with good news before the end of the year.

Thank you all for reading the boring gist. Over to you prof. I no want yeye mark o, Ehn ehn cheesy
Congratulations. I tap into this testimony in Jesus name.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 3:43pm On Dec 20, 2018
Amen IJN. Many thanks Zinggi kiss
Zinggi:

A hearty congratulations to you. God will never let you down in this journey. I wish you a speedy application process. Since I read your story, I have been in awe of your selflessness. God bless you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by toogbasky(m): 3:44pm On Dec 20, 2018
fmsimple:
In the spirit of Christmas and yesterday's open heaven for ITA, I'm willing to help coach my Lagos peope fly over IELTS. I can arrange a venue to accommodate about 20 for 2 days. Drop your phone digits or PM.

Caveat: I no sabi too much ooo but managed to pass at first attempt LRSW 8.5, 8.5, 7.5, 7.

CC - wasseynewest
Zero seven zero three five seven one nine five six zero

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 3:46pm On Dec 20, 2018
Thank you and God bless you all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Geetaybeks: 3:50pm On Dec 20, 2018
nwolisar:
Benin peeps gather round

Can ASABA people join?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by princesschuks: 4:00pm On Dec 20, 2018
Congrats @wasseynewest and @topsmamen and every other person who got ITA and PPR

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mercy2019: 4:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good day my seniors, I was given two sheets at alagbon police station. Am I to upload the two sheets or only the certificate? Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 4:04pm On Dec 20, 2018
ijoseda:
Dear All,

Please take note.

Well did ours at same alagbon..we were directed to a room to wash our hands. There was handwash and water. We used inspector Samuel

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 4:17pm On Dec 20, 2018
Surygirl:

I will go there then. Please what date did you get. Thank you so much.
i did mine just this Monday
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by damzy88: 4:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello fam, I don't have a birth certificate.Can I use my declaration of age?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shege45: 4:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ella99:
go to thier office
The numbers hardly go

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ella99: 4:47pm On Dec 20, 2018
Thanks

uote author=shege45 post=74024193]go to thier office
The numbers hardly go[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ella99: 4:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
Wil do. Thanks a lot

uote author=caseynewnn post=74021748]walk in to get an appointment for IOM.that is the best bet[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by venorite(m): 4:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hobyno:

I believe your evaluation is ongoing like they have advised here IQAS takes longer than other evaluating body my wife's own took 10 weeks and no update from them till it was completed

Ok thank you. Just worried that I haven’t gotten anything from them
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by gbengaolu360: 5:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hello, please I need November AOR watsapp group. Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (230) (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.