Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,162 members, 7,835,889 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 04:53 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (234) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (831043 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kakashi12(m): 5:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
gbengaolu360:
Hello, please I neged November AOR watsapp group. Thanks.
Yes oh i need the link too
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bettybeauty: 5:27pm On Dec 20, 2018
Thanks dear, she needs it o.

Thank you all, I appreciate
Ifeoma77:

Kai! See sweet gist!! Congratulations Sis!
You need to use wine and apologize to your sister-in-law grin grin grin
Congratulations again and enjoy your new oza country

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bettybeauty: 5:31pm On Dec 20, 2018
Thank you jare. Nice one
smslive2:
I dash you 9.5/10... Congratulations to your family

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Olha: 5:33pm On Dec 20, 2018
PLS, is there a group for post ITA ??
kindly send the link biko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by diamondextra: 5:37pm On Dec 20, 2018
Iom ikeja is closed tomorrow till on monday. I wasted my time going there today
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by drcynthia(f): 5:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
mercy2019:
Good day my seniors, I was given two sheets at alagbon police station. Am I to upload the two sheets or only the certificate? Thanks
well, I scanned and uploaded both. The certificate itself and the finger print page (front n back), merged n uploaded ...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by opella(f): 5:55pm On Dec 20, 2018
Olha:
PLS, is there a group for post ITA ??
kindly send the link biko
https://chat. whatsapp.com/HLyU4lXFvWk0skiwrwsPTc

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 6:07pm On Dec 20, 2018
Birth certificate for what?
damzy88:
Hello fam, I don't have a birth certificate.Can I use my declaration of age?

Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by forevermine: 6:14pm On Dec 20, 2018
Wow. Does God not have a sense of humour?

So yesterday I posted I was waiting for next week's draw not knowing one will be held same day...

The real story is this. Hubby and I wrote IELTS with BC in September. I was initially meant to be the primary applicant. Results for hubby: LRWS- 8.5, 8.5,7, 7 while mine was 7,8,7,7.5. With this, plans changed. Hubby became the PA and we landed a CRS of 441 because of his older age.

We waited patiently in the pool and I can't forget the feeling of disappointment I had when the next draw came out to be 442. I narrowly missed the one prior(October 15th) which was 440 because i just didn't know how to create a profile and the whole concept of a GC key due to certain circumstances(story for another day).Meanwhile hubby had told me from the day the results came out to register for another exam but I stubbornly refused and assured him we should be patient as I was sure we would get ITA looking at the previous trends.

That was how the subsequent draws came and were 445, 449 etc. At that point of 449, I "borrowed myself brain" and just had to register again on November 16th for the December 1st exam with MOD, leaving me with just two weeks of preparation. I really felt bad because I felt disappointed in myself that I had to write it again(I like to set high standards for myself, I had never written an exam twice all my life) plus I had to travel and leave my kids who were ill with their caregivers, but with encouragement from hubby and friends(and of course, God's mighty grace), I gave it my best shot especially the listening. I realised that in the first exam, I used only ieltsliz for listening and never knew about or practised any module with a map/graph so it was very much to my surprise and chagrin to flip open the pages in the exam hall and see a map. That tipped me off balance and that was where I lost it. But this second time, I practised a lot of listening tests with maps and graphs with a variety of materials especially Cambridge IELTS and I'm thankful for the result: LRSW- 9, 8.5, 8.5, 7. My new CRS score is 476. I was waiting for my TRF to enter the pool only for us to get ITA yesterday.

What's the lesson I've learnt here? Anyone can fall but it's best to pick up the pieces and try again. It's also good to consider the opinions of others as they may be speaking with foresight or from a point of wisdom. Using prime selected materials for studying is also key. One can also learn from the experiences and mistakes of others.

The irony now is that hubby has gotten ITA with his score of 441. But he feels I should be the PA since I'm more organized and adept with handling such issues which would require lots of correspondence. Confused much! In the meantime, let me start gathering all documents and paraphernalia. Good luck to everyone on this journey. We shall overcome!
grin

54 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:18pm On Dec 20, 2018
diamondextra:
Iom ikeja is closed tomorrow till on monday. I wasted my time going there today
IOM doesn't do Canada PR medicals on Fridays. That information is online

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ella99: 6:20pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ha. Was just planning on going tomorrow. Please what's the process like? Can we just walk in or we have to book appointment?

quote author=diamondextra post=74025864]Iom ikeja is closed tomorrow till on monday. I wasted my time going there today[/quote]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:21pm On Dec 20, 2018
ijoseda:
Nothing like that for ALAGBON here o! shocked shocked shocked
But Oga Moshood was courteous and very polite sha

grin grin grin grin I'd rather buy my own wipes and pay the 4k you guys pay in Lagos.
Hope you congratulated ASP Moshood for us. Inspector to ASP, isnorr a small something o

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rode20: 6:25pm On Dec 20, 2018
Sparks026:
Hello, Please could you share with me the Australia email contact? Thanks

idpieltsaustralia@idp.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rode20: 6:29pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ifeoma77:

Big big congratulations!!! Thank God for this victory

Thanks dear

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rode20: 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
sokem:

Could kindly share the idp australia email address. I will be requesting for a remark too.

idpieltsaustralia@idp.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 6:30pm On Dec 20, 2018
Congratulations @forevermine grin grin grin grin
God does have a sense of humour.
The email correspondence is not that much. You'd have only about 3-5 emails from IRCC over the course of your application process. If hubby is so worried about missing something, he should give you his login credentials and you keep an eye on his inbox.
Alternatively, you can request that IRCC change the email associated with your account (through CSE)
One more thing, remember to use the actual TRF you used in obtaining ITA, not the newer one.
Congrats again kiss

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Obtay: 6:45pm On Dec 20, 2018
Bimsebony:
What shall I render to Jehovah, for he has done so very much for me! It has ended in worship oooooo.

(VFS has the worst customer service executives ever. Very rude and unprofessional)

I concur to this VFS customer service is ZERO.Our experience today at VFS Lagos office was thrash
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by oyejum: 6:57pm On Dec 20, 2018
Good evening everyone, please if you have a late January 2019 Q - life medical slot you don't need again (family of 4) let me know. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chicagomum: 7:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
I do not think it changed. If it changed it would have changed online. Where did you apply for the EOR?

Lets know how it goes. All the best!

oluwaahmed:
I asked for remarking of my writing, however 2 weeks later, they said I should come pick it up. The challenge is that on their website my result is still the same. Is it supposed to change since it has been remarked? Or I will hopefully see the change when I pick it up at their office? Guys pls assist with this urgently
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dekembabe: 7:34pm On Dec 20, 2018
ijoseda:
Dear All,

INSPECTOR Moshood is now ASSISTANT SUPERINTENDENT OF POLICE (ASP) Moshood.

Please take note.

I did my police clearance today. How come nobody mentioned that we should go with tissue paper or wipes to clean out hand after the fingerprinting stage?

I paid 5k but I made it clear to him say the extra 1k na dash!

Thanks for your help everyone.

BTW - I got my ITA yesterday. CRS - 444
lol,there’s water and soap to wash hands in his office na,the inner room.i paid 5k too o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dekembabe: 7:41pm On Dec 20, 2018
Maggie0133:
Hello Fam,
Congratulation to those that received ITA and PPR

For those of us still waiting, the good Lord will perfect it in Jesus name

Seniors in the house, I need some clarifications.

I raised CSE to add my new born baby, I got an ADR. One of the forms they sent is the one we listed family members on previously. Am I to just put the name of the baby only or I input the name of all my family members (nuclear n extended)

congratulations on your newborn.pls what’s the interval between when you raised cse and when you got adr response ?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephgirl: 7:42pm On Dec 20, 2018
Topsmamen:
Hello fam.

It's ITA finally! In the past week, my anxiety for a back-to-back draw today has been.......sigh.

Thank you ALL.

It's a lovely Christmas gift for all ITA and PPR recipients. Congrats guys! For everyone in their different stages, God-speed.
Inevitably, it will end in glamorous praise.
this one sweet me well well.. congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2018
LaDuchesse:
My PPR/COPR Timeline
1st IELTS: LRSW 7.5, 9, 6.5, ,7.5
2nd IELTS: LRSW: 8.5, 8.5,7.5, 7
ITA:Jul 2
AOR say. but in all God be praised!
Thanks to newmum, for taking a look at my NOC, and also to Fizzile for the group add.
I pray for success for everyone on this journey in accordance to God's will.

Congratulationsssss
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Vancouver4(f): 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
@Ifeoma77 abeg how much Louis Edeth people de collect for PCC?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Dannyko: 8:15pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ifeoma77:

IOM doesn't do Canada PR medicals on Fridays. That information is online
I doubt if this claim is true. We had our medicals on a Friday (Nov 30th)(family of 4) and there were other families shortlisted for that same day.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:22pm On Dec 20, 2018
Ifeoma77:
Congratulations @forevermine grin grin grin grin
God does have a sense of humour.
The email correspondence is not that much. You'd have only about 3-5 emails from IRCC over the course of your application process. If hubby is so worried about missing something, he should give you his login credentials and you keep an eye on his inbox.
Alternatively, you can request that IRCC change the email associated with your account (through CSE)
One more thing, remember to use the actual TRF you used in obtaining ITA, not the newer one.
Congrats again kiss
It appears she would like to get an ITA with her 476CRS score, at least to justify the sweat on her second IELTS.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mumayo: 8:23pm On Dec 20, 2018
MOD or BC
oluwaahmed:
I asked for remarking of my writing, however 2 weeks later, they said I should come pick it up. The challenge is that on their website my result is still the same. Is it supposed to change since it has been remarked? Or I will hopefully see the change when I pick it up at their office? Guys pls assist with this urgently
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Hephgirl: 8:48pm On Dec 20, 2018
@Wasseynewest
omg yay.. congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by oluwaahmed: 8:54pm On Dec 20, 2018
mumayo:
MOD or BC

BC
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Swansy10: 8:58pm On Dec 20, 2018
ontarioissauga:

It appears she would like to get an ITA with her 476CRS score, at least to justify the sweat on her second IELTS.

[/quote]
forevermine:
Wow. Does God not have a sense of humour?

So yesterday I posted I was waiting for next week's draw not knowing one will be held same day...

The real story is this. Hubby and I wrote IELTS with BC in September. I was initially meant to be the primary applicant. Results for hubby: LRWS- 8.5, 8.5,7, 7 while mine was 7,8,7,7.5. With this, plans changed. Hubby became the PA and we landed a CRS of 441 because of his older age.

We waited patiently in the pool and I can't forget the feeling of disappointment I had when the next draw came out to be 442. I narrowly missed the one prior(October 15th) which was 440 because i just didn't know how to create a profile and the whole concept of a GC key due to certain circumstances(story for another day).Meanwhile hubby had told me from the day the results came out to register for another exam but I stubbornly refused and assured him we should be patient as I was sure we would get ITA looking at the previous trends.

That was how the subsequent draws came and were 445, 449 etc. At that point of 449, I "borrowed myself brain" and just had to register again on November 16th for the December 1st exam with MOD, leaving me with just two weeks of preparation. I really felt bad because I felt disappointed in myself that I had to write it again(I like to set high standards for myself, I had never written an exam twice all my life) plus I had to travel and leave my kids who were ill with their caregivers, but with encouragement from hubby and friends(and of course, God's mighty grace), I gave it my best shot especially the listening. I realised that in the first exam, I used only ieltsliz for listening and never knew about or practised any module with a map/graph so it was very much to my surprise and chagrin to flip open the pages in the exam hall and see a map. That tipped me off balance and that was where I lost it. But this second time, I practised a lot of listening tests with maps and graphs with a variety of materials especially Cambridge IELTS and I'm thankful for the result: LRSW- 9, 8.5, 8.5, 7. My new CRS score is 476. I was waiting for my TRF to enter the pool only for us to get ITA yesterday.

What's the lesson I've learnt here? Anyone can fall but it's best to pick up the pieces and try again. It's also good to consider the opinions of others as they may be speaking with foresight or from a point of wisdom. Using prime selected materials for studying is also key. One can also learn from the experiences and mistakes of others.

The irony now is that hubby has gotten ITA with his score of 441. But he feels I should be the PA since I'm more organized and adept with handling such issues which would require lots of correspondence. Confused much! In the meantime, let me start gathering all documents and paraphernalia. Good luck to everyone on this journey. We shall overcome!
grin

[quote author=forevermine post=74026914]

Abi. @ontarioissauga.
From the way I see it she has two simple options
1. Decline the ITA and go back to the pool. Update your new IELTS result and you’d definitely get ITA in d next draw.
2. Stick with the current ITA and guide hubby with all the paraphernalia.

At the end of the day, it’s your choice. Either way, u’re good to go

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Olsbby: 9:01pm On Dec 20, 2018
My fellow PPR clinchers, please how much transmission fees did you pay at VFS? Also my PPR letter does not specify a location to which the passport would be transmitted.... so please did you all pay for transmission to CVO Lagos (Canadian Visa Office, Lagos ) or CVO Accra? @Nono16, @Olajide21, @Obtay, @Onyeenyeh, @Veritas3, @Ogoenue, @Oakville19. Thanks alot!!!!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 9:03pm On Dec 20, 2018
Hephgirl:

this one sweet me well well.. congratulations
Lol. Thanks my Hephgirl.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (231) (232) (233) (234) (235) (236) (237) ... (511)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.