Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,138 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (831121 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 7:30pm On Nov 15, 2018
nanaghano:
Finally got ITA after waiting since march. Thank God. Congrats to others and to those waiting, it will come soon. Thanks guys.
Congratulations! Date of profile creation came to rescue.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by lobell: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
[quote author=shegzee43 post=73001614][/quote]

It's not phobia. It is distraction. In my opinion, you have an over-active imagination and as the gist progresses, you immerse yourself in the discussion, visualizing it, instead of being a third party listening to them and picking your answers. It is a form of attention deficit disorder.

You do not have a problem when you do the tests at home in sections with breaks in between. But when it comes to the real test, by section 3, your brain starts doing its own thing instead of concentrating on the discussion at hand. By the time you bring yourself round you've missed a question or two and then it happens again and again until you've missed quite a lot.

Your solution is still in your practice sessions. Make it a point of duty to answer all four sections in one sitting and program yourself to remind yourself not to stray when you get to the section where you start loosing focus. In fact, remind yourself to concentrate seriously in each subsection ie. at the beginning and the middle of section 1, at the beginning and middle of section 2, at the beginning (cut serious warning to yourself here) and middle of section 3 and finally, at the beginning of section 4 tell yourself you need to double your concentration for the long haul as there is no middle here.

When it starts working, attempt two practice tests in a row ie. back to back without a break between them.

I strongly believe this strategy will work for you.

Cheers.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 7:32pm On Nov 15, 2018
1. Yes
2. Birth certificate is an important document so you might need to add it.
harry41:
Hello All,

Please I have two questions

1. I did my medicals on 6th November, 2018 and I have not received any feedback from the hospital. Can I assume everything is fine?
2. In filing the application, there is a question " Has this person ever used any name? I changed my name many years ago but the name change did not reflect on any of my certificates from secondary school only my birth certificate and primary school certificate?

what do I do in this instance please? thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by harry41: 7:37pm On Nov 15, 2018
Many thanks for your response. I have my birth certificate but it carries my old name. All other certificates carry my new name.

So I need to upload an affidavit and newspaper publications? Or do I forgo it since all my certificates aside my birth certificate bear my new name?

Please help. Thanks

joo2018:
1. Yes
2. Birth certificate is an important document so you might need to add it.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by debbydee(f): 7:43pm On Nov 15, 2018
ontarioissauga:

Yeah, before you get PPR mail, you and every one on your case's medical must be up to date. If not, they will ask you to redo it. But just know it is likely what is witholding the PPR mail. I have heard IRCC waives it sometimes for some people.

please what am i supposed to do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mizGene(f): 7:49pm On Nov 15, 2018
OgechiBae:

Yea , it is.

I did my medical on 29th Oct, entered pool on 1st Nov and Got ITA today.

But you have to consider the risk of early medicals as well and do it when you are sure to get an ITA in the next draw or in the nearest future.

You are supposed to land before your medicals or your passport expires ( whichever that comes first)

Validity of medical is 1Yr
Great! Thank you. I'm sure of ITA once I dive in�. Just waiting on wes.
Anyone know the closest date for IOM? I believe IOM and qlife are the only centers in Lagos. What are my chances if I go in really early without a prior appointment tomorrow?
Also I read that unaccompanying spouse needs to undergo medicals as well, can ds be done at different times at same or different centers since we are not together always and spouse cd be in any part of the country..?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by COPR: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2018
shegzee43:
Hey guys,

I write this in a very sombre mood. I just received my result for my fifth ielts attempt.

L-7 R-9 W-7 S-7

It's been an excruciating experience, because just listening has been the issue. In all attempts it's been 7.5 trice and 7 twice in listening and I haven't had any issue with other modules.

I do so well while practising ahead of exam but it turns out a ghastly situation and what's more, a serious case of phobia on the test day proper.

I know few guys may have had similar experience in the past. Please, I need your counsel.

There are things you are not doing right. First and foremost identify your weakness(es) and fix it.

Send me a PM let me email you materials that can help you max out.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by debbydee(f): 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
COPR:

There are things you are not doing right. First and foremost identify your weakness(es) and fix it.

Please send me the materials i wont mind

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by daks02: 7:55pm On Nov 15, 2018
He’s trying to say that when someone who has applied already has a long processing timeline, he might be required to do another medical. It doesn’t have anything to do with you, yes you can do your medicals before ita.

debbydee:

please what am i supposed to do
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by gbengaolu360: 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
To God be all the glory. ITA confirmed.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by debbydee(f): 7:57pm On Nov 15, 2018
daks02:

He’s trying to say that when someone who has applied already has a long processing timeline, he might be required to do another medical. It doesn’t have anything to do with you, yes you can do your medicals before ita.

nooooo. i am asking about the ices evaluation. i evaluated only my pgde
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by debbydee(f): 7:58pm On Nov 15, 2018
ontariosugar answer me naaaa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by debbydee(f): 7:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
what am i supposed to evalaute. calm down my fears
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by exquisef: 7:59pm On Nov 15, 2018
you need to evaluate both bsc and pgd since you dont have masters... its page 1 information...
debbydee:
ontariosugar answer me naaaa
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by harry41: 8:00pm On Nov 15, 2018
please help

harry41:
Many thanks for your response. I have my birth certificate but it carries my old name. All other certificates carry my new name.

So I need to upload an affidavit and newspaper publications? Or do I forgo it since all my certificates aside my birth certificate bear my new name?

Please help. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by debbydee(f): 8:01pm On Nov 15, 2018
exquisef:
you need to evaluate both bsc and pgd since you dont have masters... its page 1 information...

what do i do now i have sent in my application to ICEs how do i update the information.

seniors please help me

cconatariosugar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by pejuhazel(f): 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
Yaaaaaaay....ITA has landed, we thank God for His mercies and for those who didn't get this time, it'll surely come. Also my ministry is now receiving contributions towards POF. God bless

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by exquisef: 8:02pm On Nov 15, 2018
email them they'll update and tell you what to do
debbydee:

what do i do now i have sent in my application how do i update the infomation

seniors please help me

onatariosugar
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:04pm On Nov 15, 2018
mizGene:

Anyone know the closest date for IOM? I believe IOM and qlife are the only centers in Lagos. What are my chances if I go in really early without a prior appointment tomorrow?
Also I read that unaccompanying spouse needs to undergo medicals as well, can ds be done at different times at same or different centers since we are not together always and spouse cd be in any part of the country..?
There is another in Lagos, Children's Hospital or so. For Abuja, it is only IOM.

As per couple doing it on different days or location, I have no idea as I am still single grin grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 8:05pm On Nov 15, 2018
If after you fill in the details, the EE system asks you to upload change of name, yes. But since the name is not part of the main documents you are uploading, you may not bother if not asked.
harry41:

Please help. Thanks

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by debbydee(f): 8:06pm On Nov 15, 2018
exquisef:
email them they'll update and tell you what to do

ok madam.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
Call IOM, but I think you can walk in.
You can do medicals separately.
mizGene:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2018
gbengaolu360:
To God be all the glory. ITA confirmed.

Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:08pm On Nov 15, 2018
pejuhazel:
Yaaaaaaay....ITA has landed, we thank God for His mercies and for those who didn't get this time, it'll surely come. Also my ministry is now
receiving contributions towards POF. God bless
Congrats
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shegzee43: 8:11pm On Nov 15, 2018
lobell:

It's not phobia. It is distraction. In my opinion, you have an over-active imagination and as the gist progresses, you immerse yourself in the discussion, visualizing it, instead of being a third party listening to them and picking your answers. It is a form of attention deficit disorder.

You do not have a problem when you do the tests at home in sections with breaks in between. But when it comes to the real test, by section 3, your brain starts doing its own thing instead of concentrating on the discussion at hand. By the time you bring yourself round you've missed a question or two and then it happens again and again until you've missed quite a lot.

Your solution is still in your practice sessions. Make it a point of duty to answer all four sections in one sitting and program yourself to remind yourself not to stray when you get to the section where you start loosing focus. In fact, remind yourself to concentrate seriously in each subsection ie. at the beginning and the middle of section 1, at the beginning and middle of section 2, at the beginning (cut serious warning to yourself here) and middle of section 3 and finally, at the beginning of section 4 tell yourself you need to double your concentration for the long haul as there is no middle here.

When it starts working, attempt two practice tests in a row ie. back to back without a break between them.

I strongly believe this strategy will work for you.

Cheers.

Thanks so much. You're absolutely spot on!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shegzee43: 8:13pm On Nov 15, 2018
COPR:

I don't know why I can't PM you. Please, here's my email shegzee43@gmail.com.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2018
Good evening my e-fam, trust the day was terrific. Please who has a reliable contact for Transcript in FUTO? I need it urgently for someone.

Thanks Guyz.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 8:14pm On Nov 15, 2018
Yes you can complete medicals at different centres, different times, even different countries sef.
mizGene:

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 8:27pm On Nov 15, 2018
Congratulations.

I totally understand that the excitement has been overridden by the excessive long wait.

Well... I expected better from your PPR announcement.

and your PPR score is...... 3.4/10 grin

naijaismyown:
Good morning fam

I finally got ppr after 10 months!! I sha said I must put this here, so that people that have their own delayed also, will know it don’t mean nothing. Na patience sure pass.

ECA -October 2017
IELTS- December 2017
AOR- 14 February 2017
IP2- 27 February 2017
PPR- 14 November 2018

Las Las it has ended in praise

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by raphrulz: 8:34pm On Nov 15, 2018
Wow!! It really rained today ooo

Where was I ooo..... Congratulations on this.

Go forth into the new land and prosper...

You tried with your PPR exams sha.... I'll rate your performance a 7/10... nice one.

toskeO:
Oba ti min ri, ta ri isee owo, Osuba re re ooooo���

PPR alert.

So that's it guys....my testimony ����������

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Drahl(m): 8:35pm On Nov 15, 2018
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by maworld: 8:44pm On Nov 15, 2018
Cuteaidomo:
Pls which documents did you upload to show proceeds from land sales? Sent u a pm pls

The sales deed when we bought the land years back and the Sales deed when we sold it. Uploaded together with an LOE

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (511)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedures Part 3

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.