Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,709 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:06 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (296) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (821992 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Jan 05, 2019
chicyclass:
To IELTS takers today....

God will perfect it for us.
It will end in praise!

Amen

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 3:17pm On Jan 05, 2019
etrange:
So WES promised to complete my assessment yesterday. Till now, nothing from them. The status is still saying it's due on the 4th of this months (yesterday).

Y'all should calm me down...
same here o
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 3:37pm On Jan 05, 2019
Amennnnnnnn

chicyclass:

It will end in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:39pm On Jan 05, 2019
Judee99:
Good afternoon House
Please I'll like to know if IATA certificate can be used as part of education qualification

Well, a few people have tried it. Seems you might need to take another route.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/iata-diploma.501936/

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 3:44pm On Jan 05, 2019
nomad26:
IELTS o, why are you doing me like this? I just checked my result cry
L-9
R-9
S-7.5
W-6.5
This exam can frustrate somebody sha, will be going for EOR asap.
Congrats to all who got their desired scores!

My people, I am so happy right now that you would think I won the lottery lol My EOR results (from BC) came back successful! Writing was upgraded from 6.5 to 7 and speaking from 7.5 to 8.5. In fact, I didn't want to remark speaking, it was COPR that suggested that I do it just to increase the chances of getting my money back. Thanks man!

Also, to be honest I wasn't very confident about my writing because I didn't have time to review my essays at the end. All I was sure of was that I wrote over the word limit in both essays and in Task 2 (my task was to argue both sides and give my opinion), I wrote 4 paragraphs and used made-up examples in explaining both sides. I used IELTSADVANTAGE as a guide to structure my essay.

So my people, if you're looking for 0.5 or 1 point upgrade, EOR is worth a shot, go for it! Mine took 2.5 weeks in total. Thanks to COPR, fmsimple and everyone for your encouragement, God bless you guys plenty smiley

The icing on this new year 'cake' was that my ECA also FINALLY arrived this morning from ICES, after 4 long months of frustration.
CRS now standing at 459, I am off to the pool o, next stop ITA! cheesy

114 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sanyoniyooXorek: 3:45pm On Jan 05, 2019
Not yet o. At least me I haven’t.

Lucieeeee:

I’m also interested please let’s find a way to organize this..I hope I’m not late though,please reply. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Peace505: 3:49pm On Jan 05, 2019
chicyclass:

It will end in praise!
Amen oo

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HardeyBabs: 3:50pm On Jan 05, 2019
Congrats...

nomad26:

My people, I am so happy right now that you would think I won the lottery lol My EOR results (from BC) came back successful! Writing was upgraded from 6.5 to 7 and speaking from 7.5 to 8.5. In fact, I didn't want to remark speaking, it was COPR that suggested that I do it just to increase the chances of getting my money back. Thanks man!

The icing on this new year 'cake' was that my ECA also FINALLY arrived this morning from ICES, after 4 long months of frustration.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by HardeyBabs: 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
Amen ooooo..IELTS has over humbled me..... cry cry cry

chicyclass:

It will end in praise!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Peace505: 3:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
nomad26:

Also, to be honest I wasn't very confident about my writing because I didn't have time to review my essays at the end. All I was sure of was that I wrote over the word limit in both essays and in Task 2 (my task was to argue both sides and give my opinion), I wrote 4 paragraphs and used made-up examples in explaining both sides. I used IELTSADVANTAGE as a guide to structure my essay.

So my people, if you're looking for 0.5 or 1 point upgrade, EOR is worth a shot, go for it! Mine took 2.5 weeks in total. Thanks to COPR, fmsimple and everyone for your encouragement, God bless you guys plenty smiley

Its a great year bro. Congrats

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Babeakosua: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
Congratulations!!!

nomad26:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by StKizito2: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
nomad26:

My people, I am so happy right now that you would think I won the lottery lol My EOR results (from BC) ca
Your ices took 4 months, what was the reason for the delay

Not to worry, have gone back to check your previous post. Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jan 05, 2019
...congratulations on your improved score and crs score!...Dreams come true to those who don't give up and to those who act on words of wisdom!

nomad26:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Babeakosua: 4:13pm On Jan 05, 2019
Hello Everyone,

Please who can share with me link(s) for practice tests for Computer Based IELTS test? I have been unable to see a complete session of Reading and Listening tests, all I see are 6 questions for each module.

Thank you immensely in advance.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ramj: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
nomad26:

My people, I am so happy right now that you would think I won the

Also, to be honest I wasn't very confident about my writing because I didn't have time to review my essays at the end. All I was sure of was that I wrote over the months of frustration.

Congrats on the upgrade. Nice one and unto the next

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bunmioluwa: 4:24pm On Jan 05, 2019
Wow! Congratulations

nomad26:

My people, I am so happy right now that you would think I won the lottery lol My EOR results (from BC) came back successful! [b]Writing was upgraded from 6.5 to 7 and speaking from 7.5 to 8.5.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bunmioluwa: 4:25pm On Jan 05, 2019
I suggest you check ieltsonlinetests.com

Babeakosua:
Hello Everyone,

Please who can share with me link(s) for practice tests for Computer Based IELTS test? I have been unable to see a complete session of Reading and Listening tests, all I see are 6 questions for each module.

Thank you immensely in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Zinggi(f): 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
[quote author=nomad26 post=74478112]

Wow.... congratulations...fly into the pool sharp sharp.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 4:51pm On Jan 05, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Richness1104: 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2019
nomad26:

My people, I am so happy right now that you would think I won the lottery lol My EOR results (from BC) came back successful! [b]Writing was took 2.5 weeks in total. Thanks to COPR, fmsimple and everyone for your encouragement, God bless you guys plenty smiley

nomad26 congratulations to you. Please was the remark done in Lagos or Abuja? How did you know that the remark has been concluded? Mine is 4weeks now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by funshobabs(m): 4:54pm On Jan 05, 2019
Hmm congrats. Your story is actually giving me a second thought. Here is my score. L8.5, S7.5 R6.5 and W6.0. Remark came through my mind because I think I did well in my writing, although I didn't finish my reading because I started slowly but somehow I have been having a second thought about my result. So it is possible to have an upgrade from 6.0 to 7?
nomad26:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ella99: 5:07pm On Jan 05, 2019
Congrats smiley

[quote author=nomad26 post=74478112]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 5:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
Thanks! I didn't write in Nigeria, I wrote in UK. I was told by the test centre that it would take 2-4weeks. I guess it was faster for me since BC remark is done in UK. I received a new trf by post and also an email was sent to me yesterday evening about the refund.
Richness1104:
nomad26 congratulations to you. Please was the remark done in Lagos or Abuja? How did you know that the remark has been concluded? Mine is 4weeks now
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 5:12pm On Jan 05, 2019
Not sure o. If your writing is upgraded to 7, will this give you enough points to get ITA, considering that you have 6.5 in Reading? I'll suggest you check with the crs tool just to have an idea by how much your scores would improve, to help you decide for EOR or not.

funshobabs:
Hmm congrats. Your story is actually giving me a second thought. Here is my score. L8.5, S7.5 R6.5 and W6.0. Remark came through my mind because I think I did well in my writing, although I didn't finish my reading because I started slowly but somehow I have been having a second thought about my result. So it is possible to have an upgrade from 6.0 to 7?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CoCoLav(f): 5:13pm On Jan 05, 2019
@nomad26, please share with us why your ices took 4 months.

I think people need to be aware that ICES is not really as wonderful as we say on this thread. ICES also reserves the right to carry out verification on their own, just that this is not made known to applicants in the manner WES does. Their evaluation process is also shrouded in mystery. Documents were received by ICES on November 7 and to date, the ECA has not been completed. I called them yesterday and was told evaluations take 10-12 weeks after they receive your documents and it is at that stage they would let you know if your documents are acceptable or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the processing time increases due to the manner in which we have been encouraging people to go with ICES. Their volume of work may have increased without necessarily increasing the number of evaluators. Please let's make an informed decision.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 5:16pm On Jan 05, 2019
I detailed it here: https://www.nairaland.com/4843199/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/136#73513974

CoCoLav:

I think people need to be aware that ICES is not really as wonderful as we say on this thread. ICES also reserves the right to carry out verification on their own, just that this is not made known to applicants in the manner WES does. Their evaluation process is also shrouded in mystery. Documents were received by ICES on November 7 and to date, the ECA has not been completed. I called them yesterday and was told evaluations take 10-12 weeks after they receive your documents and it is at that stage they would let you know if your documents are acceptable or not. I wouldn't be surprised if the processing time increases due to the manner in which we have been encouraging people to go with ICES. Their volume of work may have increased without necessarily increasing the number of evaluators. Please let's make an informed decision.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MysTeerioz(f): 5:43pm On Jan 05, 2019
Hi guys,
I'm 14weeks post-AOR and when I called CIC concerning my application, I was informed that my eligibility is under review although I've passed the criminality, background and so on checks. I submitted 2 reference letters (from my current employer and former employer) and my POF was is FD.
Does anyone have a similar experience and can advise me on what my next line of action should be?
Apparently my file has been in CIO, Sydney all along.
Can the process start and end there? Or should I expect them to move the file to another VO?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Zinggi(f): 5:53pm On Jan 05, 2019
CoCoLav:

I wouldn't be surprised if the processing time increases due to the manner in which we have been encouraging people to go with ICES. Their volume of work may have increased without necessarily increasing the number of evaluators. Please let's make an informed decision.

You can send them an email and stylishly ask them the same question, they won't even know when they have answered you.

Here's what I did for my husband's evaluation, a week after etx (we used etx ng) updated that his transcript has been sent, I sent ICES this mail:

Dear Team,
My name is.......
Ref no: ICES BCIT
Please i would like to verify if you have received my documents for evaluation.

They responded that they have and gave their usual reply of 12 weeks....

Two weeks after, I sent them another email:
Please kindly confirm that my transcript from the school below was sent from an email that is acceptable by ICES. (I quoted the degree).
I need this confirmation as I made payment on the school's portal for it to be sent and want to be sure it was properly sent as I do not want any delays in the timeframe for my evaluation to be out.

(Now I remember, I sent the above email to ICES after I read @nomad26 story). @nomad26, Thanks for sharing.

and they replied:

We pleased to advise your report is in the final stages of completion and expect it to be mailed sometime next week. Once it is ready to be couriered you will receive a tracking number in your e-mail –please also check your junk mail.

They respond to mails.... you can give this a trial.
I did same for my WES.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LOTRISH45: 5:57pm On Jan 05, 2019
If your work experience is easily verifiable, they may not need to transfer your file anywhere for further processing. Alot of people have used fd as pof, and there was no issue.

MysTeerioz:
Hi guys,
I'm 14weeks post-AOR and when I called CIC concerning my application, I was informed that my eligibility is under review although I've passed the criminality, background and so on checks. I submitted 2 reference letters (from my current employer and former employer) and my POF was is FD.
Does anyone have a similar experience and can advise me on what my next line of action should be?
Apparently my file has been in CIO, Sydney all along.
Can the process start and end there? Or should I expect them to move the file to another VO?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MysTeerioz(f): 6:01pm On Jan 05, 2019
LOTRISH45:
If your work experience is easily verifiable, they may not need to transfer your file anywhere for further processing. Alot of people have used fd as pof, and there was no issue.

Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore.I'm exhausted from thinking
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by LOTRISH45: 6:06pm On Jan 05, 2019
Calm down pls. I think your processing has made alot of progress. You have done your bit by contacting them. All you need to do now is to be patient.

MysTeerioz:

Honestly, I don't know what to do anymore.I'm exhausted from thinking

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchihasasuke19: 6:08pm On Jan 05, 2019
nomad26:

! cheesy

Congrats brother

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (293) (294) (295) (296) (297) (298) (299) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.