Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,749 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 AM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (304) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (822933 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Bbol: 7:56am On Jan 07, 2019
fatiah:

Not at all. I also have a TRV valid for 2 years which I never used and recently got PPR.

Thank you!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chicyclass(f): 7:57am On Jan 07, 2019
Congratulations!

wenks:
KPOR KPOR KPOR!!!!!! PPR E YAF LAND OOOO...LEMME SETTLE AND ARRANGE THE TORY WELL..HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

AOR: JUL 30TH
PPR: JAN 7TH (from NEWDHELI VO)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Palominopeaches(f): 8:29am On Jan 07, 2019
Hello everyone. Please I want to know, I have a BSc in biochemistry and I also did PGD in Education with NTI. Can this count as masters and can it get me any extra points?
Thanks

kashamadupe0906:

Sure, NOUN PG is recognized, what is your CRS score with the PGD? That's two or more certificate option.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kashamadupe0906: 8:32am On Jan 07, 2019
Palominopeaches:
Hello everyone. Please I want to know, I have a BSc in biochemistry and I also did PGD in Education with NTI. Can this count as masters and can it get me any extra points?
Thanks

it can't count as masters, it is 2 or more certificate. that's the point u get.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by venorite(m): 8:33am On Jan 07, 2019
ottawasenators:
Keep it short and use high band tenses in your sentences that are common to a native English speaker.

E.g Instead of saying ""He was angry that Mukaila had escaped" you could say "he was livid that Mukaila had escaped"
Thank you

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by boundlessjoy: 9:38am On Jan 07, 2019
wenks:
KPOR KPOR KPOR!!!!!! PPR E YAF LAND OOOO...LEMME SETTLE AND ARRANGE THE TORY WELL..HEHEHEHEHEHEHE

Congratulations wenks!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fatiah(f): 9:43am On Jan 07, 2019
Hello house, so I plan to submit passports tomorrow at VFS lekki but there's something I want to confirm for my piece of mind. We used snap it studio at Benin City for the passport photos but the girl only stamped the back of the photos I was the one who wrote every other information including their name and address. Please does it matter or am I just freting over nothing?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:50am On Jan 07, 2019
Good morning my people and happy new year.

Someone is coming to announce her PPR soon. She's still composing her PPR announcement because she wants a high score from prof @raphrulz.

Sorry I have been MIA. It's the cold o.

30 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 9:52am On Jan 07, 2019
dumprep:
Good morning my people and happy new year.

Someone is coming to announce her PPR soon. She's still composing her PPR announcement because she wants a high score from prof @raphrulz.

Sorry I have been MIA. It's the cold o.

Ifeoma abi

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by DrMrsCK: 10:02am On Jan 07, 2019
nomad26:
cc: MumtotheBeloved, DrMrsCK
Since you're the PA, I suggest moving everything to personal history to simplify this matter. Contrary to what Swansy10 said, there is NO additional points for spouse's work experience.

Do we need to add a LOE since it is post ITA?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by xrstz: 10:06am On Jan 07, 2019
Hi everyone. Got a question regarding the biometrics stage.

Is international passport needed when going for biometrics capture?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jholarharde(f): 10:18am On Jan 07, 2019
congrats @wenks all the best going forward
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by JohnBadassDoe: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2019
Good morning to you good people of Nairaland, trust you had a restful weekend. I need help!

I created my account on 19/12/18, created a profile and was deemed eligible. Smooth!

On 1/1/19, like many others, I was declared ineligible. According to vox populi, the rational move to make is create a new account and increase POF with a minimum of 1.4% increase.

To do this, I had to revoke my old username in a bid to prevent double accounts with same identity and I was prompted that the username has been revoked. I proceeded to create a new account by adding an extra digit to the old username (same password though) which consequently did the magic for me. I received the usual congratulatory mails and had multiple access to the new account even after logging out many times.

Fast forward to this morning, I tried to gain access to my account and it tells me that my new account has been revoked.

(1) Kindly share how you created a new account/profile to accommodate the increase POF.

(2) What would you advise me to do?

Pls epp cry
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Samade7: 10:19am On Jan 07, 2019
55emem55:
Plenty grammar, when you can just advise him/her to use ICES and avoid the hassle that comes with WAEC.

*shrugs*

Good afternoon.

Bros, Having same issue here, please can you put me through on how to Evaluate via ICES, just check their site now, cant find where to register, please will really appreciate. Thanks, God bless u.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by keni: 10:45am On Jan 07, 2019
Please any one with a reliable contact in Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eddy4400: 10:55am On Jan 07, 2019
Wow, pls at what point does CRSP give extra 50points? While using the CRS tool?? I know someone that has CSP, but this isn't evaluated by WES so she can't claim points with this. Pls throw more light on this, thanks.

I assume you'd have to obtain a visa and travel to Canada to write the CRSP exams.

xyoung:
IT SEEMS THE ALMIGHTY NEBOSH IGC OR NEBOSH DIPLOMA ISN'T RECOGNIZED IN CANADA.

ALL THE JOB POST IN THEIR CIC JOB BANK REQUIRE CRSP. NO MENTION OF NEBOSH AT ALL. CRSP GIVE EXTRA 50 POINTS BUT I HEARD

I NEED TO WRITE CRSP EXAM AND THE EXAM IS DONE IN CANADA ONLY.

HOW DO I WRITE A CRSP EXAM IN CANADA ??
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by stevo2016: 11:01am On Jan 07, 2019
Congrats @Wenks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ENG0701: 11:11am On Jan 07, 2019
xrstz:
Hi everyone. Got a question regarding the biometrics stage.

Is international passport needed when going for biometrics capture?

Yes, it is, and you need to make two coloured photocopies of your data page
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ENG0701: 11:24am On Jan 07, 2019
bigwizzy001:

I've been thinking to learn French will be a big hurdle to scale as its not my first language. I don't know more than Je mapelle & bonjour. How am I going to cope? Will I still need to sit IELTS if I'm going for TEF option or just TEF?

I think it will be nice to learn, as i heard that it also increases chances of getting work in Canada. you can download Duolingo to start learning.

6 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Frankrosy: 11:26am On Jan 07, 2019
Please send me the Ryan materials please. frankrosyy@yahoo.com
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Frankrosy: 11:34am On Jan 07, 2019
boco2126:
On this IELTS issue...my two cents.

1. Stick to a FEW practice materials! The number of materials for IELTS that we see on a daily on this thread can be overwhelming. Try out only a few and stick to the one that resonates with you. Don't use ieltsliz, Jay, Cambridge, ieltsadvantage, road2ielts etc at the same time (some of these peope don't agree on the same approach and reading all can get really confusing). If you try one and it sits well with you, ditch others. Focus on that one and be a master of it. I almost got overwhelmed at some point, because l wanted to open every link or try every material l saw here. But l had to give myself brain oh.

2. Practise everyday. No excuses. Create the time. Even at work, you can use your lunch break to practise. Instead of listening to music or radio on your way to work, listen to your downloaded tips on writing, speaking, reading, listening. When walking down the streets, have an earpiece on (l hate this, but we can make sacrifices for one month abi?) and keep LISTENING. At weekends, practice speaking with your wife/husband, friend, son/daughter etc. Write out questions and tell them to ask you (under exam conditions). I finished a WHOLE 30 leaves notebook for listening practice (yeah l work an 8 to 5 and live on the mainland with my office on the island -remember, no excuses!). Always check your wrong answers and replay those portions and find out what you didn't hear properly. I used youtube for listening/speaking/reading.

3. There's this ielts expert too, one Ryan (cannot remember his surname) that l think is underrated. I used his tips for writing. He talks about 15 sentences max for writing. 3 paragraphs with 4 sentences and the closing paragraph should have 3 sentences. This keeps you in check and you already know what to write before the exam, all you will be waiting for on the ielts day is the topic given! I can share his materials if you drop your email address.
For writing, write letter and essays! Don't read what someone else wrote. Write yours too. Some people practise writing by reading another's work -WRONG! write yours too and compare. Minimum letters to write on different topics - 10. Minimum essays - 20. Revise your work and look for better ways to reconstruct your sentences. I suggest you write with pencil on your exam day so you can erase if need be.

4. For reading - use youtube. It also has a timer, so practice using the time and don't stop the timer or pause the video. The easiest comprehension in reading are the first two. Spend less time there. Say 5 mins tops for each. You do not need to UNDERSTAND nada. Just look at the instructions (very important), then the questions, then scroll through the passages for the answers. You need all your time for the last two passages. They are more technical.

5. For speaking - Be confident, relaxed and know your basic english and introduction (see ieltsliz). See this as an interview. We all attend interviews don't we? I got a list of 42 likely cue cards from ieltsliz blog (l think she said they change it every 3 months but she always update the cue card questions) and l practiced the 42 different topics and l always set my two minutes timer with my phone. You can be in the BRT or your car and practice this one, or when walking down the street or whilst doing chores at home, or lying down in your bed doing nothing (l did this. Some days, people will think you are going crazy because you are talking to yourself, but...who no go no know). One of the 42 questions l practiced was my cue card during my speaking test -something on my pet animal (l was wondering "madam why me? Animal kwa?" but because l had practised earlier, the examiner had to cut me off when it was two minutes. I just went on and on.

4. Lastly and certainly not the least...the place of PRAYER. I'm catholic, so when l saw the prayer to St. Joseph of Cupertino here, l made a mental note to say it. I started saying it every day from September till i wrote my exam on the 1st of November. I even added a 9 days St. Joseph of Cupertino novena with prayer and fasting which ended on the 31st of October (l'm that extra oh. I left no chances). I asked my family to add me in their prayers too. So, pray, pray and pray. Whatever works for you. Someone dropped one St. prayer here on financial assistance for POF, best believe l'll look for that prayer and do it too!

5. People have done it, you too can. Don't be discouraged if you have tried more than once. We don't give up on this thread oh. Being here has taught me a different level of selflessness and never say never spirit. People you don't even know are quick to help and empathise and l am still in awe of you guys.

6. Please drop your email address so l can send the Ryan materials to you.

This too shall pass!

All the best everyone and my apologies for the long post.
Please send me the Ryan materials Abeg my dear. frankrosyy@yahoo.com. Thanks
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by etrange: 11:43am On Jan 07, 2019
bigwizzy001:

I've been thinking to learn French will be a big hurdle to scale as its not my first language. I don't know more than Je mapelle & bonjour. How am I going to cope? Will I still need to sit IELTS if I'm going for TEF option or just TEF?

Before nko, is it your first language you want to learn? grin

On a more serious note, it is not your first language, that is why you need to learn it. Even if you don't get to use TEF later, the knowledge remains with you and will definitely come handy when you get to the promise land. Everyone started from Je m'appele and bonjour too!

Soyez sage.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eddy4400: 11:56am On Jan 07, 2019
See this:

https://bcrsp.ca/prospective-certificants/reciprocal-agreements-applications

If you already have NEBOSH IGC or Diploma, it could help in waiving some steps in the CRSP application process.

xyoung:
IT SEEMS THE ALMIGHTY NEBOSH IGC OR NEBOSH DIPLOMA ISN'T RECOGNIZED IN CANADA.

ALL THE JOB POST IN THEIR CIC JOB BANK REQUIRE CRSP. NO MENTION OF NEBOSH AT ALL. CRSP GIVE EXTRA 50 POINTS BUT I HEARD

I NEED TO WRITE CRSP EXAM AND THE EXAM IS DONE IN CANADA ONLY.

HOW DO I WRITE A CRSP EXAM IN CANADA ??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Leyemoshood: 12:29pm On Jan 07, 2019
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bronze25(f): 12:35pm On Jan 07, 2019
Congratulations
nomad26:

My people, I am so happy right now that you would think I won the lottery lol My EOR results (from BC) came back successful! Writing was upgraded from 6.5 to 7 and speaking from 7.5 to 8.5. In fact, I didn't want to remark speaking, it was COPR that suggested that I do it just to increase the chances of getting my money back. Thanks man!

Also, to be honest I wasn't very confident about my writing because I didn't have time to review my essays at the end. All I was sure of was that I wrote over the word limit in both essays and in Task 2 (my task was to argue both sides and give my opinion), I wrote 4 paragraphs and used made-up examples in explaining both sides. I used IELTSADVANTAGE as a guide to structure my essay.

So my people, if you're looking for 0.5 or 1 point upgrade, EOR is worth a shot, go for it! Mine took 2.5 weeks in total. Thanks to COPR, fmsimple and everyone for your encouragement, God bless you guys plenty smiley

The icing on this new year 'cake' was that my ECA also FINALLY arrived this morning from ICES, after 4 long months of frustration.
CRS now standing at 459, I am off to the pool o, next stop ITA! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ottawasenators: 12:37pm On Jan 07, 2019
You are correct grin
Sthill5:

Ifeoma abi
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 12:44pm On Jan 07, 2019
ottawasenators:
You are correct grin

Yayyyyyyyy..

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jmnsimone(f): 12:51pm On Jan 07, 2019
I've looked through your profile and it says you're not married yet, why not apply as "single" and then add your fiance post AOR? it's better than learning French or doing masters. Plus, 443 is not a bad score at all so if you're already married or have set a close date then enter the pool with it first before looking for other ways to boost your profile - you never know, you may get ITA with that score (all things being equal, you actually stand a good chance).

Before going for the bigger options, its better to explore and exhaust the smaller, easier ones.

bigwizzy001:

Thanks.

440 if I use single with 8777
452 if I use single with relatively higher IELTS score.

With marriage profile;

443 if both of us will write IELTS.

Any hope or make i kuku go for masters ?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ottawasenators: 12:55pm On Jan 07, 2019
lolzzz na joke o, i dont know o! grin
Sthill5:

Yayyyyyyyy..
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 12:58pm On Jan 07, 2019
ottawasenators:
lolzzz na joke o, i dont know o! grin

You're terrible sha

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Adunnee: 12:59pm On Jan 07, 2019
wenks:

Congratulations!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (301) (302) (303) (304) (305) (306) (307) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.