Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,350 members, 7,822,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:37 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (824660 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ayotami: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
[quote author=sconp post=75071916]

If she doesn't have the work experience how then did you get crs 431 initially. Using the earlier stuff I got a score of 382.

Uwc[/quo

Sorry my bad, I misconstrued the foreign work experience. She actually has 3 years as a teacher. Sincerely, I didn't know what I was thinking.

We still need to boost her point though grin.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by samspella(m): 4:07pm On Jan 24, 2019
[quote author=Nasachuky post=75062996][/quote]

Hello house,

Please i have a question, trying to do the ECA for my Masters with ICES.

I had my Secondary School Certificate from National Examination Council, NECO, Nigeria then my BSc and Master's Degree from Universite Des Science Appliquees et Management, Porto-Novo, Republic of Benin. I need to carry out Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) reports for Canadian immigration purpose (Express Entry). Please which of these credentials would I need to submit for assessment? NECO, BSc. and Master's degree or only Master's degree?

Also, can the school send the transcript and certificate via their official email address or it should be mailed to ICES.

Thank you for your anticipated prompt response/guide.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by coolangel54(f): 4:24pm On Jan 24, 2019
Masters degree only. Your highest qualification gets you a better evaluation
samspella:

Hello house,

I had my Secondary School Certificate from National Examination Council, NECO, Nigeria then my BSc and Master's Degree from Universite Des Science Appliquees et Management, Porto-Novo, Republic of Benin. I need to carry out Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) reports for Canadian immigration purpose (Express Entry). Please which of these credentials would I need to submit for assessment? NECO, BSc. and Master's degree or only Master's degree?

Also, can the school send the transcript and certificate via their official email address or it should be mailed to ICES.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 4:32pm On Jan 24, 2019
Must you pass all papers before you can claim a Diploma point from it?
OkunrinMeta:

You can certainly write Acca with your BSc biology

You'll get zero exemptions but you can write
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by jjohndoe83: 4:54pm On Jan 24, 2019
Olami2903:
Hello guys,

Please i have a question, trying to do the ECA for my Unilag LLB with IQAS and but i got in through Diploma. Do i need to get the transcript for my diploma too, or is my regular Unilag LLB transcript sufficient. i need to get the Professional assessment to make up my CRS. Thanks.
LL.B will do.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sconp: 4:57pm On Jan 24, 2019
ayotami:
cheesy
Last ITA draw was 443, so if she max out IELTS to get 441 and hopefully the points come down (which a lot of people are hoping for) she could get ITA.

You can't go wrong with adding more points though.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by esosa4real(m): 5:04pm On Jan 24, 2019
Its so good to be back to Nairaland after almost a year of intermittent breaks and meet wonderful and good news. I am glad I was one way or the other able to contribute to you success.

Welcome to Canada and please bring one bottle of Orijin bitters when you dey come....for the cold...... That's if Alberta nah ur final destination. grin grin grin

MacShiff:
PRAISE BE TO YOU ALMIGHTY GOD.

PPR! PPR!! PPR!!!

Ielts May 20, Wifey LRWS 9,9,7,8 my own “Otondo”, 8,6,6,7
CRS 449
ITA June 25 on my Birthday
AOR July 4
IP1 July 18
1st gcms notes ordered Aug 15
Received Sep 14- everything good
IP2 Oct 31
Criminality passed
No ADR
Ghost Update December 6
Called CIC on the 20th of December and was told our application is approved.
Emailed NDVO on December 31st
PPR January 7 from NDVO

VO OTTAWA file was later transferred to SYDNEY NS after approval.

Already emailed NDVO copied OTTAWA for change of VFS passport submission to Accra.

Decision to migrate was in July 2016.

WES:
Paid for it in August 2016 and was ready by first week in December 2016. Spouse WES, paid in September 2016 and was ready first in January 2017. My sister in Canada helped with the payment because CBN reduced international spending on online payments to $100 then.

Wifey evaluated only her HND which came out as diploma (three years) and postgraduate certificate (one year) which is (2 or more certificates). I also evaluated only my HND and BSC which came out as Diploma (three years), postgraduate certificate (one year) and bachelor’s degree (four years).

IELTS:
We wrote Ielts about 11 times, I wrote 3 times and stopped writing while wifey continued writing until she made it in her 8 attempts. So guys please never give up and don’t look at the money. Ielts made me look like someone who doesn’t know anything. I was supposed to be the PA because I have more work experience and qualification. But wifey was later made the PA because her scores were far better than mine in Ielts.

MEDICAL:
Children practice. We got there by 6:30am. They didn’t allow us in until 8am. We left there almost 3pm and drove to Alagbon straight for the PCC. Some people gate crashed and they were allowed to do the medicals. We booked for it a week before.

PCC:
We used ASP Moshood and we got his contact from this trend. We got it in less than 25 minutes.

POF:
Most of the funds where in my accounts, since we agreed for her to be the PA, I moved the remaining lump sum into her account instead of submitting both our SOA’s. We wrote two LOE for me moving the funds to her freely for the purpose of our migration and I signed. The second LOE was for the huge sum which was moved to her account by me and she signed.

Note, the money can be in eithers (PA or Spouse) account but we decided to move the money to one single account in order to avoid too many LOE’s.

Page 1: LOE for funds transferred to my wife’s account
Page 2: LOE for huge inflows into her account
Page 3: XE Currency Converter page (Optional)
Page 4: Table that shows the summary of our POF (Optional)
Page 5: Bank reference letter in CIC format, everything was written in cic format apart from the 6months average balance which the Account Officer told me she can’t calculate or generate herself because she wrote at the branch level.
Page 6: 1st T-bills certificate
Page 7: 2nd T-bills certificate
Page 8: 6months SOA which also shows all the huge inflows and T-bills debit (Optional).

WORK EXPERIENCE:
We used wifey’s one year NYSC teaching experience. We got the letter in CIC format. We wrote LOE for not having paystubs and that the first salary was paid in cash and the rest credited into her account. We printed the 1 years SOA and attached.
Page 1: Work Reference letter
Page 2: LOE (Optional)
Page 3: 1 year NYSC SOA (Optional)

SIBLING POINTS:
We claimed 15 points from my elder sister. She has been begging me to write Ielts since 2008 but I no gree hear word. Na me like 9ja pass.
I used her PR card and utility bill and I also used our birth certificate for proof of relationship, I didn’t use the NPC attestation of birth. Please if you have the generic local government BC your parent did for you, kindly go ahead and use it except you misplaced your BC that is when you can use NPC attestation of birth because they are now making money from us now on it.

APPRECIATION:
I want to thank Almighty God for his love and favour and also want to thank my lovely wife and my lovely sister for her support and encouragement, she never gave up on us even when Ielts was dealing with us. I also want to thank mcstan18, Glitteringstar, newmum0610, vcole, 40manlappy, tojued, dupyshoo, happytbaby, esosa4real, ItsYourFriend, cochtrane for their supports.

It has ended in praise. Please don’t give up. Do it for yourself and your children. Please ignore the typo. Na rush I use type am now.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by efeklvn: 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2019
samspella:

Hello house,

Also, ICES accepts docs from institutions via their official emails. Just make sure its their official email address.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by rickky01(m): 5:41pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hi everyone, I have gone through the tread from part 1 till now and i have not been able to solve this my little puzzle. I am a member of ICAN though i already an inquiry to ICES and they reply that since 2016, they have stopped evaluation for Accounting professional bodies. Please i will like to know if other evaluation body carryout assessment for ICAN certificate, also i have my AAT certificate but am preferring ICAN but am open to advise on which one can be done.

Thank you for your anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 24, 2019
Ifeoma77:

Sis, it's Ottawa o. I've simply resigned to fate jare
I have serious respect for Team Accra, your strength is something else.
You are in my prayers as well, it will end in praise

Ottawa has started releasing people this week. Don't worry, it will happen sooner than you expect.

9 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by adeptonlin(m): 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2019
A quick one please. How will ICES evaluate 2 years professional masters from OAU
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by fmsimple(m): 6:58pm On Jan 24, 2019
magnificientzaz:
Pls i need to verify from you if you used ICES. Does it mean your transcript has been received when your status changes to 'received'?
Pls i need urgent response as i applied for my transcript online and a bit confused since i wasn't notified that my transcript has been sent from my school.
Thanks

It will change from "submitted" to "received" when ICES acknowledged the receipt of your transcripts.
You're good.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by EyesondPrize: 6:59pm On Jan 24, 2019
Evaluate your AAT.

rickky01:
Hi everyone, I have gone through the tread from part 1 till now and i have not been able to solve this my little puzzle. I am a member of ICAN though i already an inquiry to ICES and they reply that since 2016, they have stopped evaluation for Accounting professional bodies. Please i will like to know if other evaluation body carryout assessment for ICAN certificate, also i have my AAT certificate but am preferring ICAN but am open to advise on which one can be done.

Thank you for your anticipated responses.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by magnificientzaz(f): 7:08pm On Jan 24, 2019
Only use IQAS if you are willing to wait till August - Sept. IQAS is really badu friend is stuck with them now
Olami2903:
Hello guys,

Please i have a question, trying to do the ECA for my Unilag LLB with IQAS and but i got in through Diploma. Do i need to get the transcript for my diploma too, or is my regular Unilag LLB transcript sufficient. i need to get the Professional assessment to make up my CRS. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by snoop4dem: 7:27pm On Jan 24, 2019
Hi Guys, does anyone know a secret to calling CIC and actually speaking with an agent. I have repeatedly called 1-888-242-2100 and followed the voice prompts based on this thread and also +16139444000 for Global Affairs Canada also following the voice prompts and it has never been successful. I get to the end where I should talk to an agent and they tell me every time that all their agents are busy and the call drops. I will appreciate pointers from anyone who has successfully spoken to an agent at CIC before.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Claire18: 7:39pm On Jan 24, 2019
We remember you dear. My advice still stands... Will decline. Will surely receive ITA in February @ 443. U will be shocked it's your Husband that will ginger the packing of your luggage for both of you to travel. My Husband has never been keen on relocating, but of recent, keeps asking me how far? Any email yet? Patience my dear.
laghopeful20181:
Good Morning Everyone!
CRS score (me alone) -445
CRS score (with accompanying spouse) using either result -443

11 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Claire18: 7:48pm On Jan 24, 2019
I think biometrics in Africa started August 1st. All applications before July 31st didn't require biometrics
Chrisophad:
Good day everyone,
My friend submitted his application for permanent residence application before June 1 2018 (when every application for PR must include biometric). His Medicals has been confirmed but he's yet to be given further directions. He's worried about not getting any information or instruction letter for biometrics for over six 6months now.
Please my good people what's the way forward.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:01pm On Jan 24, 2019
flyboi1:

Ottawa has started releasing people this week. Don't worry, it will happen sooner than you expect.
Amen!!!

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 8:04pm On Jan 24, 2019
snoop4dem:
Hi Guys, does anyone know a secret to calling CIC and actually speaking with an agent. I have repeatedly called 1-888-242-2100 and followed the voice prompts based on this thread and also +16139444000 for Global Affairs Canada also following the voice prompts and it has never been successful. I get to the end where I should talk to an agent and they tell me every time that all their agents are busy and the call drops. I will appreciate pointers from anyone who has successfully spoken to an agent at CIC before.
Try around 8-9pm
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Expresso17: 8:19pm On Jan 24, 2019
Congrats!
Please do you mind sharing a sample of the reference letter from the education savings plan for PoF or the letter of request you sent to them.
I just need an idea what to ask FBN to write.

Boom12:
My people, this PPR is a sweet feeling ooo, I've been smiling all day grin

Timeline

Decision to travel was in April 2018.
Family of 4
IELTS July 2018 LSRW 8877
WES September 2018
CRS 454
ITA 3 October
AOR 6 November
MEP/BIL 11 December
Visa Office No idea
PPR 22 January 2019 (dated 21 January 2019), letter didnt specify VFS location for submission

POF was Axa Mansard mutual funds and an education savings plan with Mutual Benefits

Reference letter was from my former place of work, where I spent over 5 years.

Travel history, I'm not sure if it's extensive...been to South Africa, London, Ghana, US and Dubai. I didn't need PCC for any.

As

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Imarama: 8:43pm On Jan 24, 2019
Transformium:

Cc: imarama

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Chrisophad(m): 8:50pm On Jan 24, 2019
I guess he's just anxious, having not heard from them in a while. But do you have any idea, how long is too long?
Claire18:
I think biometrics in Africa started August 1st. All applications before July 31st didn't require biometrics
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MacShiff: 8:54pm On Jan 24, 2019
esosa4real:
Its so good to be back to Nairaland after almost a year of intermittent breaks and meet wonderful and good news. I am glad I was one way or the other able to contribute to you success.

Welcome to Canada and please bring one bottle of Orijin bitters when you dey come....for the cold...... That's if Alberta nah ur final destination. grin grin grin

Welcome back boss. I go make am two bottles sef. Edmonton is my final destination. See you soon.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Prettiepearlz(f): 9:36pm On Jan 24, 2019
abyejecks:
Morning house, I need Clarification, I intend to use my nysc experience as my work experience which is 1yr. I have 10 months work experience but is in the skill level C which is not eligible for fsw. I have 100 points for age as well as Masters. Am the pa. Can I use only the 1yr experience as am seeing posts in minimum 3yrs experience as I only have bank statements for the 1yr. Thank you
Yes you can use your one year Nysc experience provided you can get a reference letter from your past employer (that is your employer during Nysc)

(1) (2) (3) ... (395) (396) (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.