Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (400) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (819767 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 11:50am On Jan 25, 2019
Topsmamen:
Hi guys. Part 6 already....nice! It seems the first 3-4 pages of every newly opened EE thread are full of PPR self-prophecies. I should join the bandwagon.

So here goes. Before we get to:

Page 100, my ITA.
Page 400, my PPR.
Page 450, my COPR.
Part 7, smooth landing+great job+great city+meet some NL folks smiley
Part 8, fine home+great wife+lovely kids. wink

Amen!

There's this book called "The Meaning of Dreams". I think I should go read it. SMH.

19 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ottawasenators: 11:52am On Jan 25, 2019
Some deep Analytical musings here. Though there seems to be some element of truth based on current trends.

Wishing us all a speedy PPR,COPR processing.

joo2018:
Some more musings.

When I started this Canada PR journey, I heard a lot about applications of married PAs with children getting PPRs faster than single applicants. I remember @Osazee007 then always complaining about it. I also remember noticing in the PPR timelines that single applicants in Ottawa don't get it before 3 months.

For the sake of this analysis, lets say the effort involved in processing the PA and spouse is 1 unit each and children dependant is 0. In real terms, the effort to process a spouse should be like 2/3 or 3/4 unit while that of a child should be like 1/4 unit. But we will go with 1 and 0 for the sake of mathematical simplicity.

For a single PA, the effort is 1 unit and the return is 1 permanent resident. The efficiency is then 1.
For a family of 2 (PA and spouse), the effort is 2 units and the return is 2 permanent residents. The efficiency is then 1.
For a family of 3 (PA, spouse and 1 child), the effort is 2 units and the return is 3 permanent residents. The efficiency is then 3/2 = 1.5.
For a family of 4 (PA, spouse and 2 children), the effort is 2 units and the return is 4 permanent residents. The efficiency is then 4/2 = 2.
For a family of 5 (PA, spouse and 3 children), the effort is 2 units and the return is 5 permanent residents. The efficiency is then 5/2 = 2.5.

So from a logistic point of view, it makes sense for such a target driven organization to prioritize applications that will bring the best returns.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jan 25, 2019
Long Post Alert!!!
TIMELINE
FSW outland
ECA - IQAS July 2016 (They were the fastest as at this time period – 3weeks)
IELTS;
20-08-2016 BC LRWS 8,6.5,7.5,6.5
25-05-2017 BC LRWS 8.5,6.5,7.0,8.0
29-07-2017 BC LRWS 8.5,6.5,7.0,8.0
28-10-2017 BC LRWS 8.5,7.0,7.0,7.0
30-06-2018 MOD LRWS 9,8,7,7.5
SPOUSE
28-07-2018 BC LRWS 9,8.5,7,8
ITA 22ND August 2018
AOR 27th september 2018
MEP & BIL 25TH october 2018
Ghost Update1 21st November 2018
Ghost Update2 22nd January 2019
Ghost Update3 23rd January 2019
PPR 25th January (Dated 24th )
It has been a really long road. And I just want to give thanks to God, because I know He makes ALL things beautiful in His time.
This journey started from the study route. Got admission to Fanshawe and Vancouver island Uni. Couldn’t raise funds at the time so I took a breather and tried out EE.
I’m going to give back to the thread the way I benefitted from it in days past.

IELTS
IELTS really humbled me mehn. I just couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong. Reading was a pain. I wrote this dreaded exam 5times. I remember my first exam, didnt even bother reading for it. The mindset was “is it not ordinary english exam”. 5 exams later and look at God. All four remaining exams, I only practiced for reading as that was the part giving me nightmares. I knew the section giving me issues was the last section. It was too long and boring and there was barely any time to finish. For the 5th and final test, I started my reading exam with the last section which was the hardest and solved backwards. Voilaa!
ECA
This was the smoothest part of the journey self. 3 weeks between paying, applying for transcript and IQAS sending me my ECA. I wonder what happened to them post 2016.
WEDDING REGISTRY
The plan was to get married and add my wife post AOR or when I get COPR, but the delay in passing ielts scuffed all that. Score was 439 after the 5th ielts and the average to get ITA was 441. So one morning, I left work and took a stroll down to the registry just to confirm their process. One thing lead to the other and I called my wife (then girlfriend not even fiancé) and gave her our wedding date. She was thunderstruck. I kept saying “hello hello! Can you hear me? Lol
Yes we had plans to marry and we already knew we were going to spend the rest of our lives together, this just brought it closer.
Luckily I had begged her to do ECA and IELTS because after my fourth IELTS, I was tired and I told her to be principal applicant. She reluctantly agreed, because she didn’t think her work experience would qualify. I also registered to do the IELTS exam with her for moral support and reduce the pressure I was placing on her. Lo and behold we both passed. Recalculated our scores…and here we are!
POF
I started this process not knowing where the POF was going to come from but I had faith in God. Few weeks after AOR, God came through for us. We got 100% POF gift from two sources (85/80). This was really bugging me because all through the thread most gift was from just one source. After digesting the gift deed section, I decided to go through with it and be clean with IRCC as expected. Two deed of gift was drafted and signed by all parties. One of the gift deed was to me and the other deed was to my wife. We deposited both in our joint account. My wife also wrote a letter authorising me to use the deed to her as part of our settlement funds. We didn’t notarise the deed as the gift were from family members. We wanted to make it look as natural and logical as possible.

Post AOR
I had promised myself before I submitted our application that I would not be checking the portal every minute. Who was I kidding? It became a routine, every morning before I even assign task to my team members, I would always check to see if there was anything new. I followed ImmiTracker to know when my AOR mates were getting MEP/BIL. After MEP/BIL, the wait became worse because there was nothing to look forward too. Total silence. Not even an ADR. I even emailed Ralph so I could know my situation. Ms Robyn replied a few hours later that criminality was passed, but eligibility and security checks have not being initiated. Then PPR started raining for AOR mates and even people who submitted much later. I knew it was close. Then I logged in one morning and saw the first ghost update. I couldn’t hold my smile. Every morning after that ghost update, I would wake up with excitement only for it to diminish after I refresh my mail. This went on for a while. Then I requested for GCMS notes first week in January (yet to arrive as at the time of writing this report)

“Nothing in all the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and conscientious stupidity”
Page 1 of this thread cannot be over emphasized. From this thread, I’ve enlightened some people and they keep saying why don’t I become an agent? In this Journey you have to read, research and know what works for you. No two applications are the same. Review your application logically and act as your own Visa officer before submitting. If Finance is your stumbling block, start from somewhere help can arrive at any time but it must meet you prepared. You don’t have to have all the money to start the process.
I wish everyone on the Journey Success and may we all achieve our dreams in Canada.

it has ended in Praise!

146 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by mcstan18(m): 11:59am On Jan 25, 2019
joo2018:
So from a logistic point of view, it makes sense for such a target driven organization to prioritize applications that will bring the best returns.

Regardless of the fact that this isn't a proven and conclusive scenario, I would agree with the analysis, given the premise (efficient resource allocation) and assumptions considered in arriving at the results. Well done

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by reavealhidden: 12:03pm On Jan 25, 2019
Topsmamen:

There's this book called "The Meaning of Dreams". I think I should go read it. SMH.
Calm down bro!!! dreams do come through...Just arrange PPR announcements ONLY on this part and you'll discover it's not 'page 400' yet ...na all other things took up the pages grin grin
Hang in there...Your PPR is here!!!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by reavealhidden: 12:06pm On Jan 25, 2019
joo2018:
Some more musings.

For a single PA, the effort is 1 unit and the return is 1 permanent resident. The efficiency is then 1.
For a family of 2 (PA and spouse), the effort is 2 units and the return is 2 permanent residents. The efficiency is then 1.
For a family of 3 (PA, spouse and 1 child), the effort is 2 units and the return is 3 permanent residents. The efficiency is then 3/2 = 1.5.
For a family of 4 (PA, spouse and 2 children), the effort is 2 units and the return is 4 permanent residents. The efficiency is then 4/2 = 2.
For a family of 5 (PA, spouse and 3 children), the effort is 2 units and the return is 5 permanent residents. The efficiency is then 5/2 = 2.5.

Hmmmm..this is deep o shocked shocked shocked!!!!
Tuale! @joo2018

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
Topsmamen:

I remember this your post. I remember saying to myself that i want mine earlier... now i am living your dream....

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 12:17pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lol. Flyboi!!!!! I was just about to quote your PPR announcement to congratulate you.

Plenty congrats bro!
flyboi1:

I remember this your post. I remember saying to myself that i want mine earlier... now i am living your dream....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Topsmamen: 12:20pm On Jan 25, 2019
reavealhidden:

Calm down bro!!! dreams do come through...Just arrange PPR announcements ONLY on this part and you'll discover it's not 'page 400' yet ...na all other things took up the pages grin grin
Hang in there...Your PPR is here!!!

Lol. Amen, thanks reavealhidden grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by reavealhidden: 12:30pm On Jan 25, 2019
flyboi1:
Long Post Alert!!!
TIMELINE
FSW outland

it has ended in Praise!
Huge congratulations!!!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Cheta55: 12:33pm On Jan 25, 2019
Good day everyone, please I have two important questions to ask, 1) has anyone gotten two or more degrees from ICES, am asking because I want to evaluate my OND and HND, will they consider it as two degrees just like WES? Then second question, how do I get my Necco transcript, is it my school will give it to me, I mean are they the one that will provide it or Necco should provide it? Please your answer will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
if only i can get one ghost mail i'd be more relaxed.... wazzz all dis bayii
flyboi1:
Another Ghost

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Cheta55: 12:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Good day everyone, please I have two important questions that I want to ask, first question, has anyone use ICES and gotten two or more degrees, am asking because I want to evaluate my OND and HND, I mean will they consider it as two degrees just like WES? Second question, how do I get my Necco transcript is it my school should send it or Necco should do that? Please your answer will be appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:45pm On Jan 25, 2019
lmaooo i can imagine the look of confusion on her face.... Congratulations
flyboi1:
Long Post Alert!!!

WEDDING REGISTRY
The plan was to get married and add my wife post AOR or when I get COPR, but the delay in passing ielts scuffed all that. Score was 439 after the 5th ielts and the average to get ITA was 441. So one morning, I left work and took a stroll down to the registry just to confirm their process. One thing lead to the other and I called my wife (then girlfriend not even fiancé) and gave her our wedding date. She was thunderstruck. I kept saying “hello hello! Can you hear me? Lol
[/b]
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 12:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
nairalandnewbie:
lmaooo i can imagine the look of confusion on her face.... Congratulations

lool. i know right!. its kuku one of the reasons she fell in love with me grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 12:56pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lol. grin grin grin
Topsmamen:

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by MsJanez01: 12:59pm On Jan 25, 2019
COPR:

IQAS takes about 5 months. Why not use ICES that takes 5-6 weeks? Read Shyee posts on how she evaluated her nursing certs with ICES.

U sure ICES is 5-6 weeks?? My transcript got to them NOV 22nd 2018 and up till now status never change
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gopulence: 1:12pm On Jan 25, 2019
joo2018:
Yes, you must include her.

Not including will not only affect sponsoring her in future, it is also misrepresentation and can affect your PR/Citizenship status in future.

She can be in your application as non-accompanying. Parley with her mother. Worst case scenario if you still can't get access, you add her but explain you couldn't get access. But try first.

Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by joo2018: 1:19pm On Jan 25, 2019
Congrats! Go and excel in your new home!

That your bae is a real bae!
flyboi1:
Long Post Alert!!!
TIMELINE
ITA 22ND August 2018
AOR 27th september 2018
MEP & BIL 25TH october 2018
Ghost Update1 21st November 2018
Ghost Update2 22nd January 2019
Ghost Update3 23rd January 2019
PPR 25th January (Dated 24th )
it has ended in Praise!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 1:22pm On Jan 25, 2019
Lol....... ICES don cast.
MsJanez01:

U sure ICES is 5-6 weeks?? My transcript got to them NOV 22nd 2018 and up till now status never change
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 1:28pm On Jan 25, 2019
flyboi1:
Long Post Alert!!!

it has ended in Praise!
Congratulations to you and wifey
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 1:32pm On Jan 25, 2019
kfrosh:
Lol....... ICES don cast.
Those guys aren't reliable anymore, WES is better and faster. I think we should stop referring people to use ICES

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
MsJanez01:

Be expecting to hear from them from next week or in two weeks time, then you'll know whether they accepted your docs or not
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by kfrosh: 1:34pm On Jan 25, 2019
I think the problem is WES waec verification and university transcript verification. You can be stuck on that for ages.

Debsify:
Those guys aren't reliable anymore, WES is better and faster. I think we should stop referring people to use ICES
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by OlumisiI: 1:40pm On Jan 25, 2019
Congratulations. God bless your wife.

flyboi1:
Long Post Alert!!!
TIMELINE
FSW outland
ECA - IQAS July 2016 (They were the fastest as at this time period – 3weeks)

I wish everyone on the Journey Success and may we all achieve our dreams in Canada.

it has ended in Praise!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Ifeoma77(f): 1:44pm On Jan 25, 2019
Awwwwwwww congratulations @flyboi1 see what we were just talking about days ago.
So happy for you. You've been on this for so long, it has ended in praise
Congrats again
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Debsify: 1:49pm On Jan 25, 2019
kfrosh:
I think the problem is WES waec verification and university transcript verification. You can be stuck on that for ages.

Truth is if one can find a way around this and get it fast, then WES receives them you're sure of your report in 20 days, but ICES now will get your docs and keep you for 10 to 12 whole weeks, and if there's an issue with your app, they won't even tell you till after the 10 to 12 weeks timeline has passed

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by emmadeking(m): 2:09pm On Jan 25, 2019
Will a PGD in Peace Studies And Conflict Resolution at NOUN and a B.Sc be evaluated as 2 or more certificates?

I know PGD and B.Sc are two or more certificates but my concern here is the course ( Peace Studies And Conflict Resolution)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Transformium: 2:34pm On Jan 25, 2019

Congratulations Flyboi1! So happy for you bro!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by smslive2: 2:37pm On Jan 25, 2019
Read more about the combination of Peace Studies And Conflict Resolution with other courses here
emmadeking:
Will a PGD in Peace Studies And Conflict Resolution at NOUN and a B.Sc be evaluated as 2 or more certificates?

I know PGD and B.Sc are two or more certificates but my concern here is the course ( Peace Studies And Conflict Resolution)
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by FirstTImeUser: 2:38pm On Jan 25, 2019
Good afternoon
Please does anyone know how long it takes to get a bank reference letter from Gtb?
Anyone please?
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (397) (398) (399) (400) (401) (402) (403) ... (511)

General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.