Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,862 members, 7,828,086 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:58 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (438) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (826120 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Josefuadjr: 5:04pm On Feb 01, 2019
zohan101:

Please i need clarification on the use of teasury bill for proof of funds. I have a TB that will mature second week of February, how ever i intend investing again for one year with a different amount well above what is required for EE. My question is can i submit this new certificate(less than six months investment ), giving the fact that i will probably get an ITA next month

Yes you can submit the new one provided it's up to the POF amount
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by bharbhyie: 5:06pm On Feb 01, 2019
How long did it take?

sokem:
I am thankful to God that today finally came. I have looked forward to the day I will also testify to success in IELTS exam. I received my EOR today and writing was changed from 6.5 to 7.

MOD Dec 1, 2018
Listening 8.5
Reading 9
Speaking 8
Writing 6.5 now 7

BC
I wrote ielts twice before this one:
October 28, 2017 L 6.5 R 5.5 S 7.5 W7 (i felt i was not good enough so I decided to stop)
November 10, 2018 L 7, R 6.5 S 7.5 W 6

I was encouraged by testimonies on this platform and i made up my mind that i wont stop until i make it.

GOD DID THIS FOR ME.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:12pm On Feb 01, 2019
lovetree:
Hi guys. Please i need to ask this. Crs score is 437, my ielts is expiring by Nov. Ielts isn't locked with ITA right?. Don't know if i should write another one now or just chill first. What are your thoughts pls.
IELTS gets locked with AOR. If redoing will up your 437, just redo.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zohan101: 5:21pm On Feb 01, 2019
Thanks.
Josefuadjr:

Yes you can submit the new one provided it's up to the POF amount
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blooit004: 5:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
ceyrahtlk:

Amen to your prayer. Why upper week please? I will also like to know why you think I should remark only writing

From my observations based on my interactions with friends that have applied for EOR and info here, I don't think BC Lagos forward every EOR application to senior examiners in UK. This is because one of my friends got EOR feedback result within 13days after submission, and of course their was no upgrade; I don't believe it is possible for the application to be processed, flown abroad for remark, and returned with other remarks back to the country and picked up all within 13days. It's highly unlikely it was sent. Their was also a case of someone here being discouraged from applying by the person collecting EOR applications, this is wrong in my opinion, considering especially the fact that only 0.5 increase was needed then. Also, there are details I don't want to put up here. I opine with a high level of certainty, not absolute, that not all EOR applications are forwarded to BC in the UK.

Their's a bandwagon of EOR applicants the week after results are released on Friday, you're likely to be among those whom their applications isn't sent if you apply at this period.

I think you should apply for a remark in the main section you really need, and shouldn't be after settling for a refund if you don't. If you had to make a choice, would you rather get an upgrade in writing and lose the 15k, or an upgrade in speaking you don't really need and get reimbursed? I also think the senior examiners are human and they might know when a candidate is trying to kill two birds with a bullet when just a bird needs to be terminated, and may give an upgrade in the section you don't really need instead. This may not be accurate, but I emphasize that they're human.

Lastly, I believe more Nigerians would do better in the writing module if BC examiners here in Nigeria were fair.

All the above are just my opinion, not facts.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by lovetree: 5:29pm On Feb 01, 2019
ontarioissauga:

IELTS gets locked with AOR. If redoing will up your 437, just redo.

Thanks for this...
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
Blooit004:

From my observations based on my interactions with friends that have applied for EOR and info here, I don't think BC Lagos forward every EOR application to senior examiners in UK. This is because one of my friends got EOR feedback result within 13days after submission, and of course their was no upgrade; I don't believe it is possible for the application to be processed, flown abroad for remark, and returned with other remarks back to the country and picked up all within 13days. It's highly unlikely it was sent. Their was also a case of someone here being discouraged from applying by the person collecting EOR applications, this is wrong in my opinion, considering especially the fact that only 0.5 increase was needed then. Also, there are details I don't want to put up here. I opine with a high level of certainty, not absolute, that not all EOR applications are forwarded to BC in the UK.

Their's a bandwagon of EOR applicants the week after results are released on Friday, you're likely to be among those whom their applications isn't sent if you apply at this period.

I think you should apply for a remark in the main section you really need, and shouldn't be after settling for a refund if you don't. If you had to make a choice, would you rather get an upgrade in writing and lose the 15k, or an upgrade in speaking you don't really need and get reimbursed? I also think the senior examiners are human and they might know when a candidate is trying to kill two birds with a bullet when just a bird needs to be terminated, and may give an upgrade in the section you don't really need instead. This may not be accurate, but I emphasize that they're human.

Lastly, I believe more Nigerians would do better in the writing module if BC examiners here in Nigeria were fair.

Different senior graders re-examine the encircled sections. That is our final belief as they claim so. Flown abroad? What happened to the internet? They claim scripts aren't even marked here in the first place. I intend to believe them. There's a their problem.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Olorunwasimi: 5:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
Yes thanks. This gave me a bit more hope

Caddy007:

Olorunwasimi, if it’s any consolation, a friend had hers favorably evaluated by WES. Thou she finished from UPIB Cotonou.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Garnyangel: 5:34pm On Feb 01, 2019
Please what strategy did you use to improve your listening? I have written IELTS 4 times and I keep getting 7 in my listening. I need an 8. Please share with me the tips you used.
bharbhyie:
How long did it take?

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ceyrahtlk(f): 5:35pm On Feb 01, 2019
Blooit004:

Thanks for your detailed post, I really appreciate it. I didn't write in Nigeria and I can only hope and pray my result is forwarded to the UK examiners

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Olorunwasimi: 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2019
Thank you again Sparks.

Yes I'm in Lagos. I've paid a staff there a token to help push the email. Hopefully, he does it as promised.

Sparks026:

You are welcome.

Most likely they ain't checking it even. Because like I said, I think the language barrier is the issue. Where do you reside? If you are in Lagos, I will advise you travel down to Cotonou even if it's the full day just to follow it up and see that they responded back to WES.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ceyrahtlk(f): 5:37pm On Feb 01, 2019
nomad26:
Why do you advise to mark only writing? I was in this situation weeks ago and I marked both to increase chances of at least getting a refund on the fee. My EOR came back positive and in fact, both writing and speaking scores increased.
cc: ceyrahtlk

Thanks, this is very refreshing to read.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2019
lovetree:

Thanks for this...
You are cool as Ontario may still get you but it is too much cash. Fed can still get to 437. You don't know when either may come, but you know when to retake and an upgrade you might get.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchboggy(m): 5:38pm On Feb 01, 2019
I thought they said ICES was the fastest that it comes out within few weeks . I did own since nov 21st. As in that’s when they confirmed that they got everything. And I’m still waiting after 2 months and some days � sad
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ceyrahtlk(f): 5:43pm On Feb 01, 2019
Uchboggy:
I thought they said ICES was the fastest that it comes out within few weeks . I did own since nov 21st. As in that’s when they confirmed that they got everything. And I’m still waiting after 2 months and some days � sad

Lol, there are many people in your shoes. I read from someone's PPR story that the IQAS that now takes 4-5 months to complete ECA used to be 3 weeks.

Just keep bombarding ICES with emails, hopefully you will get your ECA on or before 12 complete weeks.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Abol4luv: 5:50pm On Feb 01, 2019
Any Dec 20 AOR in the house? Immitracker says MEP has gotten to Dec 22 and am yet to get MEP as I submitted Dec 20.

What could be happening people?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Gtessy: 5:51pm On Feb 01, 2019
amaya21:
Hopefully they respond soon. There's also a live chat on the site that you can try, although they're not always there. But it might be worth asking. Best of luck.

Thanks. I chatted with one of the customer care agent on the live chat and said i should apply on the itranscript portal and select for undergraduate. will go ahead and do that and pray for a good outcome

I appreciate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Garnyangel: 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
Hello. Congrats. Pls I beg you in the name of God. What tips and strategies did you use for your listening? I have written my IELTS 4 times now and I have been getting 7 in my listening score. Please what strategies did you use to ace the test this time around? I want to write the 5th one by February 14. Pls I need your help on how to ace the listening. Thanks.
sokem:
I am thankful to God that today finally came. I have looked forward to the day I will also testify to success in IELTS exam. I received my EOR today and writing was changed from 6.5 to 7.

MOD Dec 1, 2018
Listening 8.5
Reading 9
Speaking 8
Writing 6.5 now 7

BC
I wrote ielts twice before this one:
October 28, 2017 L 6.5 R 5.5 S 7.5 W7 (i felt i was not good enough so I decided to stop)
November 10, 2018 L 7, R 6.5 S 7.5 W 6

I was encouraged by testimonies on this platform and i made up my mind that i wont stop until i make it.

GOD DID THIS FOR ME.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
Uchboggy:
Many folks have rushed in. So timeline must change. Wait a little more. You may not know what O'level and degree verifications are. Plus ITA age if applicable, to boot!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by xcaper(m): 5:56pm On Feb 01, 2019
I intend to get my MBA transcript from Unilag, but i need Unilag to send the soft copy via mail to ICES, ICES accepts soft copy sent to their email directly from the school email. Please i need a contact that can assist facilitate the processing on time. Will i need to pay for international courier? since am not sending via courier but via email. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 6:01pm On Feb 01, 2019
Uchboggy:

Nobody ever said ICES was the fastest. It has always been on their website that evaluation takes 12 weeks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zohan101: 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2019
xcaper:
I intend to get my MBA transcript from Unilag, but i need Unilag to send the soft copy via mail to ICES, ICES accepts soft copy sent to their email directly from the school email. Please i need a contact that can assist facilitate the processing on time. Will i need to pay for international courier? since am not sending via courier but via email. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sollie123(m): 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2019
Blooit004:

No, they dont take the scripts abroad. They scan the scripts and send to marking guide to their examiners... That is what they do even for A level exams.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Sthill5: 6:02pm On Feb 01, 2019
Abol4luv:
Any Dec 20 AOR in the house? Immitracker says MEP has gotten to Dec 22 and am yet to get MEP as I submitted Dec 20.

What could be happening people?

Check your Spam/Junk folder just incase
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by zohan101: 6:04pm On Feb 01, 2019
actually they take it to the UK. This was explained to me at their office in ikoyi.
sollie123:

No, they dont take the scripts abroad. They scan the scripts and send to marking guide to their examiners... That is what they do even for A level exams.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
JumzieBabyy:

Hi Guys, been away forming I won't put my mind on this process.

No update since Oct 2nd o! We will be 6 Months by 24th of this month...am beginning to pannick.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Uchboggy(m): 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
ceyrahtlk:

Lol, there are many people in your shoes. I read from someone's PPR story that the IQAS that now takes 4-5 months to complete ECA used to be 3 weeks.

Just keep bombarding ICES with emails, hopefully you will get your ECA on or before 12 complete weeks.

I sent them an email last Friday they said I should get it over the next two weeks. So technically I should get it next week.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 6:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
Greatlady234:

Lolllzz. I actually could not believe Tojued took it seriously until I saw atilogun dance instructor �.

That priest needs to be reported.If I were the one,I will change my parish. What other "information" will he be feeding people?

Always dangerous to jump to conclusions, the priest might also be getting duped.

We're only hearing the story in part. As a professional aproko i won't pass judgement yet smiley

8 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Tojued: 6:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
Onebase79:

Thank you, I just sent them a mail. Should I go ahead and create a profile with three years post secondary diploma?

This depends on you and your personal appetite for risk.

If i were in your shoes in the first place I won't be worried about using three years talk less of mailing iqas. I won't even have noticed the discrepancy.

Now that you noticed the ish, just take a decision that won't give you sleepless nights.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by CanadianNaija: 6:15pm On Feb 01, 2019
JumzieBabyy:

Hey dear! You can imagine the torture, no matter how much one try to take mind off it. I plan to send mail and call once it clocks 6 months.

Same here.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by 4kimportX: 6:30pm On Feb 01, 2019
Good evening ladies and gentlemen!...I've got a quick question. I have a Master's degree but I don't have ant work experience.

So I intend to claim a 2 or 3 year work from a friend's company ( he has a registered Solar Engineering company)... would it work out?.... My fears are that what proof would they require of me!

Thanks!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 6:32pm On Feb 01, 2019
4kimportX:
Good evening ladies and gentlemen!...I've got a quick question. I have a Master's degree but I don't have ant work experience.

So I intend to claim a 2 or 3 year work from a friend's company ( he has a registered Solar Engineering company)... would it work out?.... My fears are that what proof would they require of me!

Thanks!
Instead, use your NYSC teaching experience if that was the case and within the last 10 years.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (435) (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) ... (511)

Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.