Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,334 members, 7,819,161 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 - Travel (439) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 (823160 Views)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Workers Program-Connect Here Part 3 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (511) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nkydechik: 6:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
engrkaz:
Heartbroken... 2nd attempt LSRW: 7.0,8.0,8.5,7.5
1st attempt LSRW: 7.5,7.0,9.0,6.5

Fed up already

I can totally relate. After my result today, i am strongly convinced that ielts are in the business of making money off from us. They must surely hold one down with one part of the test until they are sure they have made enough money from the person before giving one the right score. Thats how i felt today.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by funshobabs(m): 6:37pm On Feb 01, 2019
I didn't do well on my first attempt too, planning to rewrite. But the thing is I have met lots of people who made it on their first attempt.
Nkydechik:

I can totally relate. After my result today, i am strongly convinced that ielts are in the business of making money off from us. They must surely hold one down with one part of the test until they are sure they have made enough money from the person before giving one the right score. Thats how i felt today.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by 4kimportX: 6:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
ontarioissauga:

Instead, use your NYSC teaching experience if that was the case and within the last 10 years.

Ok..thanks!

Yes I served in 2015 ..so definitely within the last 10 years but ain't that too small?... just a year experience!
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by youngRx(m): 7:00pm On Feb 01, 2019
Oya oooo...you people should gather round. It's my turn to testify. I've been reading people's testimony since part 3, now it's my turn grin

God has finally freed me from the shackles of IELTS (shudders at the mention of that test) after 3 attempts.

As a pharmacist, I've written extremely difficult exams
in pharmacy school and passed them all. Never have i imagined I'll be humbled by an examination in my lifetime.

Actually started preparation very early, around june, cause i wanted to "blast the test in one sitting ". Started with listening and was doing excellently in all my practices. I however concentrated more on writing, since almost all the 6.5 I've been seeing on this thread has always been on writing. Registered for November 10th with MOD after almost 5 months of practice, so you understand how high my confidence was. Well.....

1st attempt: LRSW 7,6.5,7.5,7.5.

The 7 in Listening was understandable cos somehow, mysteriously, i just panicked in the middle of the listening test and couldn't follow the conversation. There was this sudden urge to get all the answers right that made me panicked.

Reading, however, was a shock. shocked i could have sworn I'll get a 9 in it. If not for the listening score, i would have reqiested for a remark.

Surprisingly, writing turned out better than i had expected.

Well, i shook that one off and registered for the next one, this time with intense focus on listening.

2nd attempt, MOD, LRSW 7.5, 9, 8, 7.

this time i was completely devastated cos i was very sure of, at least, an 8 in the listening. I followed every part of the conversation and was totally calm throughout the test. This one so angered me that i applied for a remark. Still awaiting the outcome though. My 46k must return to me cheesy

I gathered all my life's savings and registered for the 3rd time. It was hell surviving without a single penny. By this time i was so used to the listening tests in the Cambridge series that i could predict the answers. So i delved into youtube and Practised all the tests i could download.
Went for the exam and....

3rd attempt: MOD, 19/1/19 LRSW 9,7.5,7.5,7.

Funny enough, during the test, the same panic that came over me in the first attempt came again, but this time, i heard the answers, just that i wasn't following the conversation the way i should, so i wasn't sure of about 7 answers. After the test i gave up, & started thinking of how I'll raise the money for the next attempt.

Later in the evening, i decided to visit the IELTS chat room on telegram where the answers are usually discussed after a test. Infact i almost had a heart attack when over 6 answers i wrote did not match what majority were sharing. To make matters worse, the majority were unanimous about the answers.
Well, since i got a 9 in my listening, i guess i was the only one that got the correct answers among the bunch then. cheesy

ECA: was completed since December with PEBC. Thanks to baba Salford1 who came to my rescue at the dying minute. God bless you sir.
Current CRS score sits at 450.

POF: Absolutely no hope for this one yet. Just going blindingly on. But I'll rather get that ITA then decline it for lack of funds than sit idly by while this rare opportunity passes by. At least, in years to come, when my children ask why i didnt migrate when everyone was doing so, I'll show them my ITA as proof that i did tried my best to give them a better life.

Thanks to @Bellniki and @Reemefolaks for their wonderful support especially at those times when it mattered most.

I think I am now a banafide member of this thread cheesy and will be open to any questions about the process, especially for Pharmacists.
I hope to do a detailed breakdown of the ECA steps with PEBC too so others can learn.

And as for those of you who think this testimony is trivial, i used to think like you: "is it not just IELTS?". well, here we are after 3 humiliating attempts.
may you never experience this nightmare of multiple IELTS attempt. grin

I know many are still battling with the test, don't give up please. Keep pushing, and the next one will be definitely yours. Last last, it will end in praise for all of us.

119 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by shyle02(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2019
SCAM.
Don't do it.
Ahijo1990:
Good day guys,

Pls I want to enquire about the genuineness of an offer to process Visa to Canada.

A Priest I know said he has 20 slots for job offers in Canada and is processing the visa for 1.230m. Said visa is for 5 years. Immediate job and accommodation upon arrival.

Pls I want to enquire if there's any provision like this for Canada before I will fritter away my little savings. I would appreciate every response. If there is, does it require the usual ielt exam like applicants for permanent residence?

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sollie123(m): 7:09pm On Feb 01, 2019
youngRx:
Oya oooo...you people should gather round. It's my turn to testify. I've been reading people's testimony since part 3, now it's my turn grin

God has finally freed me from the shackles of IELTS (shudders at the mention of that test) after 3 attempts.

in pharmacy school and passed them all. Never have i imagined I'll be humbled by an examination in my lifetime.

Actually started preparation very early, around june, cause i wanted to "blast the test in one sitting ". Started with listening and was doing excellently in all my practices. I however concentrated more on writing, since almost all the 6.5 I've been seeing on this thread has always been on writing. Registered for November 10th with MOD after almost 5 months of practice, so you understand how high my confidence was. Well.....

The 7 in Listening was understandable cos somehow, mysteriously, i just panicked in the middle of the listening test and couldn't follow the conversation. There was this sudden urge to get all the answers right that made me panicked.

Reading, however, was a shock. shocked i could have sworn I'll get a 9 in it. If not for the listening score, i would have reqiested for a remark.

Well, i shook that one off and registered for the next one, this time with intense focus on listening.

this time i was completely devastated cos i was very sure of, at least, an 8 in the listening. I followed every part of the conversation and was totally calm throughout the test. This one so angered me that i applied for a remark. Still awaiting the outcome though. My 46k must return to me cheesy

I gathered all my life's savings and registered for the 3rd time. It was hell surviving without a single penny. By this time i was so used to the listening tests in the Cambridge series that i could predict the answers. So i delved into youtube and Practised all the tests i could download.

Funny enough, during the test, the same panic that came over me in the first attempt came again, but this time, i heard the answers, just that i wasn't following the conversation the way i should, so i wasn't sure of about 7 answers. After the test i gave up, & started thinking of how I'll raise the money for the next attempt.

Later in the evening, i decided to visit the IELTS chat room on telegram where the answers are usually discussed after a test. Infact i almost had a heart attack when over 6 answers i wrote did not match what majority were sharing. To make matters worse, the majority were unanimous about the answers.
Well, since i got a 9 in my listening, i guess i was the only one that got the correct answers among the bunch then. cheesy

ECA: was completed since December with PEBC. Thanks to baba Salford1 who came to my rescue at the dying minute. God bless you sir.

POF: Absolutely no hope for this one yet. Just going blindingly on. But I'll rather get that ITA then decline it for lack of funds than sit idly by while this rare opportunity passes by. At least, in years to come, when my children ask why i didnt migrate when everyone was doing so, I'll show them my ITA as proof that i did tried my best to give them a better life.

Thanks to @Bellniki and @Reemefolaks for their wonderful support especially at those times when it mattered most.

I think I am now a banafide member of this thread cheesy and will be open to any questions about the process, especially for Pharmacists.
I hope to do a detailed breakdown of the ECA steps with PEBC too so others can learn.

And as for those of you who think this testimony is trivial, i used to think like you: "is it not just IELTS?". well, here we are after 3 humiliating attempts.

I know many are still battling with the test, don't give up please. Keep pushing, and the next one will be definitely yours. Last last, it will end in praise for all of us.

quite inspiring bro

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by nomad26: 7:35pm On Feb 01, 2019
Congratulations! wink That IELTS tension no be small. By God's grace, the rest of this journey will be smooth for you o!
youngRx:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chebyshev(m): 7:46pm On Feb 01, 2019
youngRx:

Please how do I join the telegram group
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chebyshev(m): 7:48pm On Feb 01, 2019
Hello all,

Please I need the soft copy of Barron's IELTS book asap
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by gsade: 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
iaatmguy:
age is locked after AOR not ITA

I don't think that is correct. Age is locked post ITA.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chebyshev(m): 7:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
chebyshev:
Hello all,

Or any other good study materials for IELTS
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Onebase79(m): 8:04pm On Feb 01, 2019
Tojued:

This depends on you and your personal appetite for risk.

If i were in your shoes in the first place I won't be worried about using three years talk less of mailing iqas. I won't even have noticed the discrepancy.

Now that you noticed the ish, just take a decision that won't give you sleepless nights.
If I take the risk, what is the worse case scenario?
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Peaceful2016(f): 8:10pm On Feb 01, 2019
cutiep:
Then we should that as well.

Please confirm if you have gotten PPR

Thanks

I got PPR last year

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by ayotami: 8:32pm On Feb 01, 2019
youngRx:

Congratulations Pharm. As men of honour,...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by youngRx(m): 8:41pm On Feb 01, 2019
ayotami:

Congratulations Pharm. As men of honour,...
...we join hands my brother/sister...to create a healthy world cheesy
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by youngRx(m): 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2019
chebyshev:

Please how do I join the telegram group
will get the invite link for you then.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:42pm On Feb 01, 2019
4kimportX:

Ok..thanks!

Yes I served in 2015 ..so definitely within the last 10 years but ain't that too small?... just a year experience!
Run your projected CRS score and eligibility on the tools.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by cmaamaa: 8:44pm On Feb 01, 2019
[quote author=lowla1 post=75282793]Good morning ppl!!!!

LONG POST ALERT!!

PPPPP PPPPPPP AAAAAARRRRRRRRR!!!!!! ������

Congratulations dear. This got me smiling for long. I'm so happy for you.

Please e, borrow me @newmum0615 email address ejoo biko
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 8:45pm On Feb 01, 2019
chebyshev:
Hello all,

No be only ASAP.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Team16(m): 8:46pm On Feb 01, 2019
TIMELINE

PPR ALERT

PNP route
PNP email 07 Aug 2018
ITA 08 Aug 2018
AOR 25 Aug 2018
Further medical 22nd Sep 2018
MED passed (I didn't take note of the date)
No Biometric was requested
Ghost update 09 Jan 2019.

PPR mail 31st Jan, 2019

Passport en-route OTTAWA 01 Feb, 2019.
Single applicant.

63 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chebyshev(m): 8:49pm On Feb 01, 2019
ontarioissauga:

No be only ASAP.

Lols .if you have please share with me

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:04pm On Feb 01, 2019
johnnybravo1990:

ECA loading. CES just updated my online portal 9 weeks after courier delivery of transcript. I've also gone 3 steps forward. There is progress.

Johnny you are next.....

Spouse's ECA has landed from CES.... Transcript received Oct 29....till today that's approx 12 weeks....not forgetting Christmas break...not bad.....no verification as far as I know...no WAEC wahala....

Doubters may want to give them a try

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by johnnybravo1990: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2019
I need an advice. My desperateness to enter the pool will soon kill me.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by johnnybravo1990: 9:06pm On Feb 01, 2019
I tried to enter the pool without ECA (expecting my ECA this month). After submitting the Express Entry profile, I got a notification/email that I am not eligible.

1. Is the absence of ECA the reason? Note: I was allowed to progress with the online application and submit my profile, even when I filled that I didn't have ECA (mind you, I filled what my education level was equivalent to, which is masters).

2. Should I be worried that my profile has been rejected? I tried to even delete the profile, but I couldn't.
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Eraytee: 9:17pm On Feb 01, 2019
create your profile when you get your ECA, IELTS and ECA are d major doc that must be ready at hand when creating your profile so i think your profile was ineligible because of the above reason. mind you creating that profile before you get the ECA might give your application problem after eAOR. some VOs might raise the issues as regards this. just be patient and get the ECA before diving into the pool smiley

johnnybravo1990:
I tried to enter the pool without ECA (expecting my ECA this month). After submitting the Express Entry profile, I got a notification/email that I am not eligible.

1. Is the absence of ECA the reason? Note: I was allowed to progress with the online application and submit my profile, even when I filled that I didn't have ECA (mind you, I filled what my education level was equivalent to, which is masters).

2. Should I be worried that my profile has been rejected? I tried to even delete the profile, but I couldn't.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Youtook(f): 9:23pm On Feb 01, 2019
Thank you!

iaatmguy:
youtook amandacanny princesschuks, show your husbands something

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SmwprJsZuc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=28hjSQR65kI

1 Like

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Youtook(f): 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
"This is my stoooory, this is my sooooong"! grin

Amandacanny:
Hahahahaha
In fact, am the one paying for the ECA just to make sure is done. At least that can help

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Rode20: 9:27pm On Feb 01, 2019
ceyrahtlk:
sooooooo…..ielts do me strong thing today

L-9
R-8.5
S-7
W-6.5

I will jejely go for EOR for writing and speaking. Hopefully in 2 to 4 weeks time, i will come and testify.

Please mark only writing... The Lord will grant you success.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by chicyclass(f): 9:33pm On Feb 01, 2019
Gosh!

Almost beautiful score

I feel your pain.. sad

For all those who are unhappy about their results. Don't worry we shall rejoice. Please don't give up.

engrkaz:
Heartbroken... 2nd attempt LSRW: 7.0,8.0,8.5,7.5
1st attempt LSRW: 7.5,7.0,9.0,6.5

Fed up already
Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by sleeknate(m): 9:40pm On Feb 01, 2019
Hello House, its me again. I need to know how to submit an update post AOR. I think one of the forms did not submit , i got the message that my attention is required , but when i check i dont seem to find what i need to do. Here is a screen shot of my current application.

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Nobody: 9:47pm On Feb 01, 2019
Rode20:

Please mark only writing... The Lord will grant you success.
Why?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 by Blooit004: 10:07pm On Feb 01, 2019
ontarioissauga:
Why?
Why exactly do you want to mark speaking?

(1) (2) (3) ... (436) (437) (438) (439) (440) (441) (442) ... (511)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / Canadian Federal Skilled Worker Program-timelines Here

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.